'13 OT Caleb "Bear" Benenoch - Offer

Posted 677 day(s) ago 3575 Views 18 Replies
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,941
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    '13 OT Caleb "Bear" Benenoch - Offer

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...enenoch-123938



    6'5 321 Top 5 in no order OU,Texas,A&M,Arkansas,Baylor

    Rivals 3 Star




    Kind of kid we need. he is a mualer

  2. #2
    Noob Guest
    Noob's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    vCash
    OU has been talking to him for a while. He's a prospect that could be the next Trent Williams. He is mean

  3. #3
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,941
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    ESPN Cliffs

    Okay, He decommitted from Michigan State tonight before OU offered him. Says he is going to take his time and decide between us, Texas, A&M,Baylor and Arkie

    Says his next committment will be his last, MSU was a bit far but he cant go through a "break up" again. Sounds like a genuine good kid


    Did give out a Boomer Sooner and tweeted his OU Shirt out. but he will not be making a quick decision

  4. #4
    That kid will be a monster as soon as he loses 30-40 pounds of fat and adds 20 pounds of muscle. Wait til Schmidt gets him!

  5. #5
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,225
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    OU has been talking to him for a while. He's a prospect that could be the next Trent Williams. He is mean
    So that makes me only 50% excited. Trent is talented, but he's a lazy mother ****er. I've got a bad feeling he's going to become the next Nate Newton after his career is over.

  6. #6
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,941
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    So that makes me only 50% excited. Trent is talented, but he's a lazy mother ****er. I've got a bad feeling he's going to become the next Nate Newton after his career is over.
    Think he met first round potential. I can see it cause of his feet and length of his arms if he works hard

  7. #7
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,225
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Think he met first round potential. I can see it cause of his feet and length of his arms if he works hard
    I know. I was just going from a more skeptical/pessimistic POV. Trent could have been so much more if he put the effort in, so he left us (well, me at least) dissappointed with what could have been.
    The following users like this post: OUSoonerJN


  8. #8
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,941
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    ‏@CalebBenenoch79 This the summer that my life changed #boomersooner




    hasnt committed. i just think he is excited about his recruitment right now
    The following users like this post: OUSoonerJN


  9. #9
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,941
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    Set a decision date of September 28 though thats fluid (depending on when he gets all of his visits in). Thought to be a OU/Texas battle We really need quality OL badly, we have a track record of developing NFL quality guys, so much better than Texas. I think Bear could be the next big Big12 OT/OG if he got the right coaching. The good news is from the sound of the premium articles is he's building a very good relationship with our staff

    How can Texas compete with this?

    Trent Williams
    At Oklahoma: Williams starred with the Sooners as an offensive tackle protecting Sam Bradford in 2008 and Landry Jones in 2009. He was selected #4 overall by the Redskins in the 2010 draft.

    Jammal Brown
    At Oklahoma: Brown was a standout lineman at OU from 2001-2004. He was selected 13th overall by the Saints in 2005.

    Phil Loadholt
    At Oklahoma: A junior-college transfer, Loadholt was a key lineman for Oklahoma in 2007-2008 before being drafted in the 2nd round, 54th overall, by the Vikings in 2009.

    Duke Robinson
    At Oklahoma: A two-time All American at OU from 2005-2008, Duke Robinson went in the 5th round, 163rd overall, to the Panthers in the 2009 draft.

    Chris Chester
    At Oklahoma: Always a versatile lineman for OU from 2001-2005, Chester was selected in the 2nd round, 56th overall, by the Ravens in 2006.

    Davin Joseph
    At Oklahoma: An impact lineman for the Sooners from 2002-2005, Joseph was selected 23rd overall by the Bucs in 2006.

  10. #10
    XxSuBLiMexX's Avatar
    Posts
    4,620
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Steppin' Razors

    Mack Brown is good with kids.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Set a decision date of September 28 though thats fluid (depending on when he gets all of his visits in). Thought to be a OU/Texas battle We really need quality OL badly, we have a track record of developing NFL quality guys, so much better than Texas. I think Bear could be the next big Big12 OT/OG if he got the right coaching. The good news is from the sound of the premium articles is he's building a very good relationship with our staff

    How can Texas compete with this?

    Trent Williams
    At Oklahoma: Williams starred with the Sooners as an offensive tackle protecting Sam Bradford in 2008 and Landry Jones in 2009. He was selected #4 overall by the Redskins in the 2010 draft.

    Jammal Brown
    At Oklahoma: Brown was a standout lineman at OU from 2001-2004. He was selected 13th overall by the Saints in 2005.

    Phil Loadholt
    At Oklahoma: A junior-college transfer, Loadholt was a key lineman for Oklahoma in 2007-2008 before being drafted in the 2nd round, 54th overall, by the Vikings in 2009.

    Duke Robinson
    At Oklahoma: A two-time All American at OU from 2005-2008, Duke Robinson went in the 5th round, 163rd overall, to the Panthers in the 2009 draft.

    Chris Chester
    At Oklahoma: Always a versatile lineman for OU from 2001-2005, Chester was selected in the 2nd round, 56th overall, by the Ravens in 2006.

    Davin Joseph
    At Oklahoma: An impact lineman for the Sooners from 2002-2005, Joseph was selected 23rd overall by the Bucs in 2006.
    Not to mention the fact that Texas hasn't had an O-lineman drafted at all since Tony Hills (4th round) back in 2008.

  12. #12
    We need him NOW!!

  13. #13
    Caleb Benenoch ‏@CalebBenenoch79
    OU official next weekend leggo

  14. #14
    Big Red One's Avatar
    Posts
    282
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Florida

    Looks like he is visiting this weekend. I would be interested how many others were doing the same.

  15. #15
    xKiiDxSooNERx's Avatar
    Posts
    46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Has Texas listed as his favorite as of right now. Will try to visit them again.

  16. #16
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,225
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Apparently we're a top-4 finalist for his announcment on Monday, Dec. 10th. I thought this kid had already declared for Uterus?

  17. #17
    It's a given he's Texas bound. We need to focus on other targets.

  18. #18
    huntinsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Owasso

    Announcing today. We've got no shot.

  19. #19
    huntinsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Owasso

    He committed to UCLA. That's 8 OL commits for them. 4 of their starting 5 this year have at least 2 more years of eligibility left. I'm at a loss of words on how poor our OL recruiting is going.
    6 users like huntinsooner's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, lobster999, MudcrkSooner, OnlyOne, Tundra, Vodnik


Similar Threads

  1. '15 DE/OLB "Marshall "Bo" Wallace - Offer
    By usaosooner in forum Recruiting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2014, 11:09 PM
  2. '15 OL Maea "Tristan" Teuhema - Offer
    By usaosooner in forum Recruiting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
  3. Replies: 106
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
  4. Caleb Benenoch taking official visit to UCLA
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 20th, 2012, 07:20 PM

Tags for this Thread