P90X

Posted 825 day(s) ago by Wailer4261 Views 100 Replies
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    Originally Posted by commercesooner View Post
    p90x1 - awesome

p90x2 - blows
    Care to elaborate and get post #4?

Just personal opinion, and admittedly I haven't given #2 enough of a chance.
    First problem I had with #2. The videos are stinking DARK, it's hard to see what the heck they're doing sometimes.
    That companied with I have Beast and Insanity = not giving 90x2 much of a chance.

Change my mind...

First problem I had with #2. The videos are stinking DARK, it's hard to see what the heck they're doing sometimes.
    That companied with I have Beast and Insanity = not giving 90x2 much of a chance.

Change my mind...
    Can't say much to the quality--I have the bluray versions so the quality is light years above X for me. X2 hit me more where I wanted to be hit--Core workouts were something I felt were clearly missing from X1. Month 3 was the most fun I've had in a 4-5 week workout period, so I ended on an extremely high note. The progress I made in each month was surprising as well. The difficulty of executing a 4 ball push up was unexpected--the week I got 10 of them I was extremely pumped. Same with the 3 ball dips, or being able to complete all modules in PAP (I had a first while doing PAP--I strained a hip flexor. Never expected that.)

X2 is continually focusing your core. Even if you're doing simple bicep curls, in X2 you're doing them on 1 foot which requires an engagement that a two foot stance doesn't. This was the biggest thing for me. The 4 ball and 3 ball exercises all heavily engage your core as well. My lower back got a lot more work in 2 than in 1 as well. It just felt to be a more complete program.

I do really like the Beast workouts, though. I'm w/you there.

What additional equipment would I need for x2 that wasn't needed for x1?

P90X

Originally Posted by thurman murman View Post
    What additional equipment would I need for x2 that wasn't needed for x1?
    Need? Nothing. Use? Foam roller and stability ball.

Any equipment differences in Beast and P90x?

P90X

Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Any equipment differences in Beast and P90x?
    No. All you need for X is dumbbells or bands and a chin up bar.

P90X

Change my mind...
    You should check out some of the P3 videos too. It's what the PAP stuff in month 3 came from. Thabeet trained at P3 this offseason, as did several other pro-athletes (NBA guys, surfers, a little bit of everything.)

P90X

Originally Posted by thurman murman View Post
    Thanks. I may have to try it out.

Let me know when you put your hybrid together.
    Started another round of X2 yesterday. I'm not going to full on hybrid it. What I've decided to do is add a second day of intense cardio on day 6, and work some Beast workouts in on certain days to keep everything fresh. I'm going to roll in the Chest and Chest and Tri workouts typically, since I'm wanting to work my chest right now.

I got halfway through the classic P90x workout, but then injured my feet a week ago (plantar fasciitis, long story). Thankfully my feet are doing a little better, but it looks like I'm going to have to skip Plyo again this week until they heal up a bit more.

Sucks, but I guess I'll just start the week over. I really hated missing those days and killing my momentum.

Tap Out has their own version of Insanity. It incorporated a lot of MMA fighting moves.

I just got finished with "Sweatin' to the Oldies 3"

It was pretty good, not as intense as 1 and 2 but really worked some different muscle groups.

When is Wailer going to post his before and after pics?

I just finished my first 90 days last month. It was tough but I lost 20 pounds (172-152). Started Round 2 yesterday and it's still a challenge, but it's not nearly as bad as the first go round.
    2 users like chuckrollz's post: oucub23, SirPrize

Has anyone tried or heard of Rushfit? The price is fairly cheap and it looks pretty good.

I have P90X and TRX Straps at home. Both are great when pairing together.
    Last edited by SirPrize; January 8th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    If you don't have the smartphone app and you like x1 and x2, you should get it. It beats the hell out of trying to keep track of a journal or tracking sheets--they're all included.
    Is the app made by beach body or is it a third party? What is the name and is it on android?

P90x, how about releasing a damn Android app already?

I bought Bodylastics bands a while back (the S.H.S. Mega Resistance package). Getting ready to start using them more. Very nice quality and solid construction.

Question.....I'm going to be starting P90x over, but do any of you modify the program, or even do your own thing loosely based on the program?

tbh, I get tired of the long warmups and hearing the same chatter. I feel like I can condense the exercises with less rest, more intensity (not on cardio days or certain exercises). I find myself doing some of the stretches for obvious reasons, but sometimes they just take too much time. And some days I'd rather do Kenpo than Plyo because I basically want to be a big puss.

Any of you altered or customized the P90x routine, and what results have you attained? I like to walk / jog at night for about 30-45 mins, but when I start doing P90x again I feel like it might be too much.

I've done several different hybrid things. I've plugged Insanity in on cardio days. Ive plugged Beast in on X days. I've used Kenpo instead of plyo too--some days I've just ran. I typically cut the warmup to about 3-4 minutes. I also mute X and have the tv or radio on because he's annoying in X. I also use x2 plyo because x1 is too long. Sometimes, I'll run ahead--I don't take as long on breaks and just keep going.

The last thing i did that was focused was a chest centric hybrid--beast chest, cardio, x chest and back, yoga, beast chest and arms. Stuff like that.

I've done several different hybrid things. I've plugged Insanity in on cardio days. Ive plugged Beast in on X days. I've used Kenpo instead of plyo too--some days I've just ran. I typically cut the warmup to about 3-4 minutes. I also mute X and have the tv or radio on because he's annoying in X. I also use x2 plyo because x1 is too long. Sometimes, I'll run ahead--I don't take as long on breaks and just keep going.

The last thing i did that was focused was a chest centric hybrid--beast chest, cardio, x chest and back, yoga, beast chest and arms. Stuff like that.
    Yeah, chest is one area that I would like to focus on. My arms blow up real easy, but I want more definition in the chest, especially in the lower pectoral and towards the center. Getting cut helps some of that too, I suppose.

Do you ever split your core and ab exercises? Sometimes I feel like I go pretty hard and the last thing I want to do is 15 mins. of ab work immediately following. Problem is staying disciplined enough to do it in the evening!

Originally Posted by Sooner Showtime View Post
    Yeah, chest is one area that I would like to focus on. My arms blow up real easy, but I want more definition in the chest, especially in the lower pectoral and towards the center. Getting cut helps some of that too, I suppose.

Do you ever split your core and ab exercises? Sometimes I feel like I go pretty hard and the last thing I want to do is 15 mins. of ab work immediately following. Problem is staying disciplined enough to do it in the evening!
    Almost always split abs w/whatever I'm doing that day. I rarely if ever do them back to back.

I wanna do this.

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I wanna do this.
    me too but I am too cheep to buy it =)

I had great results from P90X, but I didn't do the diet plan like I should have so while I had good results, it wasn't as good as it could've been. I've now just started the Insanity workouts. Different animal than P90X, but pretty damn tough.

Originally Posted by chuckrollz View Post
    I had great results from P90X, but I didn't do the diet plan like I should have so while I had good results, it wasn't as good as it could've been. I've now just started the Insanity workouts. Different animal than P90X, but pretty damn tough.
    Insanity is harder than P90x.

Insanity is harder than P90x.
    After tonight I have no doubts about that anymore.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

After tonight I have no doubts about that anymore.
    Here's something fun for you to do. Complete the 60 days of insanity. Then go back and do Plyo X. You'll be shocked at how easy it is--month one of insanity is far easier too after you finish month 2.

This week I descend back into Hell. Looking forward to it.

In week one right now, everything is hurting.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

I finished insanity and the results were great. But F that, my body hurt so bad for the first 30 days I couldn't stand it. I'll be back on P90X again on Monday.

I'm starting Saturday on P90X we shall see

The Dark Side

I finished insanity and the results were great. But F that, my body hurt so bad for the first 30 days I couldn't stand it. I'll be back on P90X again on Monday.
    The great thing is when you do plyo X, it's going to be boring. It won't move near fast enough for you, and you'll find yourself either filling in breaks or fast forwarding breaks.

I'm on recovery week of Insanity. Love it so far. I can definitely see more definition in my legs and arms. Can't wait to start the second 30 days next week.

oucub23, how is Insanity Asylum?

did plyo this morning. You people have guilted me into getting Insanity next, don't want to seem like a wimp.

Originally Posted by the_Mont View Post
    I'm on recovery week of Insanity. Love it so far. I can definitely see more definition in my legs and arms. Can't wait to start the second 30 days next week.

Harder. Props help form but also raise intensity.

For two weeks, I did insanity in the mornings and lifted weights at night. Definitely not the smartest decision I've ever made.
    2 users like MrMcGibblets's post: oucub23, Wailer

There are some doubles workouts out, but you've got to be careful not to over train.

There are some doubles workouts out, but you've got to be careful not to over train.
    So do you not think I can add an hour spin class at night on days I do this because currently my schedule is

Monday - Spin 7-8 (morning 30 minute kettle bell and then 20 minutes of yoga)
    Tuesday - Night club cardio (30 minutes) followed with 15 minutes ab and core then 30 minute stretch and flexibility 6-7:15
    Wed -Spin 7-8 (30 minutes morning kettle bell then 20 minutes of yoga)
    Thursday 6:30-7:30 Weight training(all arms, back and chest) 7:30 to 8:30 night club cardio
    Friday - 5:30-6:30 Tae Bo followed by 30 minutes of leg weights
    Saturday (depends on work) I run 2-3 miles at some point on Saturday
    Sunday - Early kettle bell (30 minutes) stretch then run 2-3 miles at 2:15 I do an hour pf night club cardio ..

Every night before bed I do a 15 minute "help you sleep" yoga sequence ... I sit all day from 9-5 unless I am helping in the shop so I would say an hour a day I am up and not at my desk. The times I go to the Y are also times the dictator works out in the kid area or has swim practice

You can spin on P90x strength nights. I would advise against it on PlyoX, Yoga or Kenpo nights.

X is a full body workout. Your abs are going to get plenty of attention between ab ripper X and Yoga.

Oh. And Insanity is hard after 2 months of minimal exercise--I'm getting it back quick though. Have started an Asylum prep 2 week cycle so I can hang. It's a 6 day on, 1 day off for the 2 weeks.

Day 1: Insanity
    Day 2: Yoga X
    Day 3: Insanity
    Day 4: Strength training--either chest and back X or a chest and tri beast workout
    Day 5: Insanity
    Day 6: Yoga X

I recently purchased the X Factor ST. Anyone else tried it?

Good luck. The 2nd 30 days it seems like Shaun T is pissed at you for getting that far. It definitely ramps it in the 2nd month!

Every part of my body is screaming!~ btw, I just went with the music and queues which limited the Tony Horton dooshness!!

Horton definitely talks too much. Shaun T is much better in that his comments are about you pushing yourself.

Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    I recently purchased the X Factor ST. Anyone else tried it?
    Nope.

A bit deeper into it now. It's much, much harder than Insanity.
    The following users like this post: the_Mont

Does anybody have the feeling that P90x was created in the following manner?

1. Steal all prison exercise techniques.
    2. Hire an nutritionist to create an impossible diet to follow.
    3. Hire a complete doosh bag and gym rat to demonstrate the exercises.
    4. Over price and market the HELL out of it!~

Sure feels like this is how it happened!~

Asylum is like Shaun T is literally pissed off at you. Insanity he would get after it, but was motivational mostly. Now it's like he hates you.

X3 launches tomorrow. It's X style workouts, but shrunk to 30 minutes a day to easier fit with schedules. I'm a 'coach' now (helps me keep myself motivated as much as anything) so if anyone has any questions, PM me.

X3 launches tomorrow. It's X style workouts, but shrunk to 30 minutes a day to easier fit with schedules. I'm a 'coach' now (helps me keep myself motivated as much as anything) so if anyone has any questions, PM me.
    The only part I really like is the yoga.. but I'm going to try again now that my knee and shoulder are well

The Dark Side

I know a guy named Chris Wilson that is one of those. Do you know him?

I present to you the Texas strength and conditioning coach: