Leaked Xbox 720 info

Posted 853 day(s) ago by usaosooner4621 Views 75 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    While I don't want this to totally devolve into a brand war, it is the XBox controller that is the biggest turnoff for me. Sony's just seems to be the perfect formulation.
    Really?
    The Xbox 360 controller is heaven (aside from the awful d-pad). Everybody that I know who has used one loves it.
    I haven't particularly liked the DualShock controller since it debuted 14 years ago or whatever. The rounded tops of the analog sticks make it harder to keep my fingers from sliding off them, and Jesus Christ, switch the d-pad and analog location already.
    I forgive them with the original DualShock (as it was not not the first dual analog controller, but also the first time PS had even a single analog), but once the PS2 came out they should have changed that.

Re: Leaked Xbox 720 info

Controllers will always be subjective. I've always liked the Sony controllers better, but that's because of how it sits in my hand, with less fatigue over time, but I use the XBox360 controller all day at work, out of necessity. Personally I found the Wii U controller to be awful. Looking up and down is not a great way to play any game. It's great between BLOPs matches though because you can fiddle with load outs, but during gameplay, I wouldn't want to take my eyes off the screen. It might be good for play selection in sports games though, especially head to head. Everyone's ergonomics are different, but Wii U is not good for me at all.

Leaked Xbox 720 info

Xbox controller is hands down more user friendly than the play station controller for sure.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Really?
    The Xbox 360 controller is heaven (aside from the awful d-pad). Everybody that I know who has used one loves it.
    I haven't particularly liked the DualShock controller since it debuted 14 years ago or whatever. The rounded tops of the analog sticks make it harder to keep my fingers from sliding off them, and Jesus Christ, switch the d-pad and analog location already.
    I forgive them with the original DualShock (as it was not not the first dual analog controller, but also the first time PS had even a single analog), but once the PS2 came out they should have changed that.
    My main issues with the slim (if you can call it that) XBox controller are:
    Don't care for the springy triggers, causes unneeded hand fatigue in comparison to the simpler pressure sensitive Sony ones.
    Still too large
    D pad is nearly useless
    Controls, overall, lack precise-ness when compared to the Sony, which feels much more surgical in execution. Also, the joysticks seem to maintain their crispness far longer on a ps controller while the ones on the Xbox seem to sag rather quickly.

I will say, the main draw to the Sony for me, is the natural evolution it took from the Super Nintendo controller to its current incarnation 25 years later. It was seamless, while xbox's original fatty controller really broke the cycle and went in a different direction.

I also hate Microsoft for utilizing different button configurations from the ones that had been set for years via Nintendo and Sony. While configurations can most always be changed, it is like they messed with certain franchises controller setup just to be contrarian.

I have big hands, so I've always liked how the Xbox controller fit in my hands (I even liked the Duke, RIP). My biggest complaint about the ps3 controller is the analog positioning for the left analog stick. I would much prefer it being swapped out with the Dpad.

Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    I have big hands, so I've always liked how the Xbox controller fit in my hands (I even liked the Duke, RIP). My biggest complaint about the ps3 controller is the analog positioning for the left analog stick. I would much prefer it being swapped out with the Dpad.
    This is why I don't play FPS on the PS3. The sticks are just too close to together for such twitch games. I find the PS3 controller to be great for 3rd person games though.

Whenever I play PlayStation, I just naturally use the d-pad as my primary control method without thinking. It's just what makes sense in my mind. Of course, there are games where that doesn't work, so I'm always thrown off at first when I play them.
    And I had a PSX and PS2 since launch day for each, so it's not that I'm just not used to the PlayStation ecosystem.

PS controller was my favorite for awhile. In the past 6 years I've been really just playing xbox only, and now when I pick up a PS controller I hate it. The triggers blow.

My daughter has an X360 with a 250GB hard drive. Will she be able to switch the drive if she buys this new one?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    My daughter has an X360 with a 250GB hard drive. Will she be able to switch the drive if she buys this new one?
    The "new one" doesn't exist yet. No one has any idea.

Can it please be called something other than the XBOX 720? That is a terrible name. I actually liked the name Revolution before it became 360.
    Right now the codename for it is Durango. Not a great name but it will be changed

Revolution was actually the original name for the Wii. I have heard they may just call it Xbox. Similar to what Apple has done with it's products.

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    Can it please be called something other than the XBOX 720? That is a terrible name. I actually liked the name Revolution before it became 360.
    Right now the codename for it is Durango. Not a great name but it will be changed
    Durango? They have a ready made ad campaign. They can just convert the old Dodge commercials.

'That thing a new Xbox?'
    'You 'bout to find out.'

Microsoft is bad at naming things, so don't expect to be excited.
    2 users like LASooner's post: SoonerBeerSnob, traxx

Not sure how new this is, but Bloomberg says the next Xbox will be available by Christmas 2013.

http://gizmodo.com/5964523/bloomberg...christmas-2013

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...ay-season.html

BTW, this cutline makes me laugh ... and cry as a writer and former photojournalist.

"The Halo 4 game by Xbox 360 was launched on Nov. 6, 2012. The next version of Microsoft's Xbox video-game machine is scheduled to be available for the holiday season in 2013."

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    It's possible. Unless they use a SSD disk, they will probably use laptop drives like they have for both the "slim" and old xbox 360s. Special software is needed but I am sure that is already going over your head and interest to make work.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    It's possible. Unless they use a SSD disk, they will probably use laptop drives like they have for both the "slim" and old xbox 360s. Special software is needed but I am sure that is already going over your head and interest to make work.
    Orrrr they could go to total cloud storage. That would be terrible.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...es-and-details

According to SemiAccurate, internal sources have revealed that Microsoft's next Xbox is is being developed as project "Kryptos". The report also asserts that, as we've heard previously, the AMD chip the console will run on is called Oban. Additionally, it seems that the manufacturing troubles with the chip that were threatening to derail the console's rumoured 2013 launch still haven't been cleared up, and Microsoft is running out of time to do so.
    While we've now heard about the Oban chip from several different sources, this is the first time that the "Kryptos" codename has been thrown into the mix. We've previously heard the next-gen Xbox referred to as Durango; indeed, development photos and a supposed early version of the dev kit for Microsoft's next console that was sold on eBay went under that moniker. So which is the real codename? Sadly, for now at least, we have no idea.

Durango

You know anything about the Oban chip, that you can talk about? Is it similar to the problem that PS3 had at launch?

Re: Leaked Xbox 720 info

No can talk

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post
    No can talk
    Tell us your secrets!!

Here's a secret... Duke Nuke Em Forever is still almost done.

Any truth to the rumor the next Xbox makes a mean hot pocket?

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post
    Here's a secret... Duke Nuke Em Forever is still almost done.
    Sad, but true...