AD arrested for resisting arrest... but no other charges are filed

Posted 873 day(s) ago 15562 Views 177 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3

Twitter AD arrested for resisting arrest... but no other charges are filed

WTF?

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was arrested early this morning in Houston.

The Houston Police Departmentís public information website lists Adrian Lewis Peterson, born March 21, 1985, as having been booked at the Central Jail for resisting arrest. He was released on $1,000 bond.

KHOU 11 News in Houston reports that Peterson was arrested in downtown Houston at 2:30 a.m.

Itís not clear what happened that led Peterson to encounter ó or resist ó the police. The jail booking refers only to a ďsearch-unclassified.

Unless a public intox or DUI come out of this im going to be a total homer and say a Houston cop is an ****

I always wonder how you get arrested for "resisting arrest" when they don't list why they were trying to arrest you in the first place. WTH?
    3 users like Sieve's post: DarrellS011, oucub23, ProudSoonerMom

Not trying to be a homer but AD is one of the last people I'd expect to be out at 2:30am or get arrested. Hopefully it was an **** cop.

Someone contact the OU Club of Houston IMMEDIATELY and get this taken care of!
    The following users like this post: ab5sr

I have a feeling if AD really wanted to resist they would have to at least taze him to bring him down.

I'd like to see some details on this. Definitely doesn't fit his character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-all-on-video/

The Houston PD is ****ed if this story is true.

For now, the events leading to the Saturday morning arrest of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson aren’t clear. Soon, they likely will be.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the incident culminating in Peterson’s arrest was captured by one or more surveillance cameras. Multiple persons also witnessed the event.

According to the source, Peterson, his girlfriend, and some family members were at a nightclub in Houston. At closing time, a group of police officers entered the club, and they began instructing the remaining patrons to leave.

Peterson wanted to get some water before he left, but an officer told Peterson that he needed to leave. Some words apparently were exchanged, but Peterson eventually walked to the exit with one of the club’s bouncers.

It’s believed that one of the officers then jumped on Peterson’s back from behind and tried to take him down. (Key word: “tried.”) Other officers then joined the fray and completed the arrest.

Peterson was charged with resisting arrest, which implies he was being arrested for something else. He is charged for now with no other crime.

Multiple witnesses recorded portions of the incident with their phones, but it’s currently believed that the best view of the interaction between Peterson and the police will come from the surveillance camera(s) at the club.

Keep checking PFT — or perhaps YouTube — for more details

This makes no sense at all. True or not, that article makes Houston look really bad...especially because the story sounds exactly like what we think would happen. AD not doing anything stupid, then shucks some dude that thinks he can tackle him. The fact that no other charges or allegations are out there sounds like the cops had no grounds whatsoever to do some shit like that. I know I'm a homer as well, but either there is more than will come out on video, or this is the most ridiculous shit that has ever happened. Imagine if some rogue douchebag cop jumps on AD for no reason and re-injures him. The Vikes would probably hire a hitman to off that cop. This whole thing reeks of WTF.

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    I always wonder how you get arrested for "resisting arrest" when they don't list why they were trying to arrest you in the first place. WTH?
    I said the exact same thing to my friend. Its stupid.

Originally Posted by onikuno View Post

For now, the events leading to the Saturday morning arrest of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson aren’t clear. Soon, they likely will be.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the incident culminating in Peterson’s arrest was captured by one or more surveillance cameras. Multiple persons also witnessed the event.

According to the source, Peterson, his girlfriend, and some family members were at a nightclub in Houston. At closing time, a group of police officers entered the club, and they began instructing the remaining patrons to leave.

Peterson wanted to get some water before he left, but an officer told Peterson that he needed to leave. Some words apparently were exchanged, but Peterson eventually walked to the exit with one of the club’s bouncers.

It’s believed that one of the officers then jumped on Peterson’s back from behind and tried to take him down. (Key word: “tried.”) Other officers then joined the fray and completed the arrest.

Peterson was charged with resisting arrest, which implies he was being arrested for something else. He is charged for now with no other crime.

Multiple witnesses recorded portions of the incident with their phones, but it’s currently believed that the best view of the interaction between Peterson and the police will come from the surveillance camera(s) at the club.

Keep checking PFT — or perhaps YouTube — for more details
    Sounds like an **** cop with a small-dick syndrome and something to prove.

I suppose I'll wait to see the video. However, if the story here is accurate, then the cops were out of line.

There are some A-hole cops in every city that pull shit like this. Thank goodness everyone has video everywhere...

Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post

I suppose I'll wait to see the video. However, if the story here is accurate, then the cops were out of line.
    Sounds like an OU hating Houston cop who wanted a trophy arrest. Jumping him from behind as he was trying to leave? Gimme a break.
    The following users like this post: Lost Chickasaw

Keeping it real! With street cred!

Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post
    probably a horn fan too.
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

Video is gonna be key here. The cop that "tried" to take him down implies that AD was resisting (if he knew if was a cop). From the story it looks like AD said something the cop didn't like. If AD was simply walking to the exit and got tackled (or attempted) then HPD and the one officer will have some serious explaining to do. I have no prob with the other cops helping "complete" the arrest as long as they were't kicking or beating but simply trying to cuff him. They might have just saw the first officer struggling and not know what happened before that. I would hope once AD realized it was cops there would be no resisting. I mean how can you tell a guys a cop if he's on your back right

I hate to jump to conclusions before I know the whole story but the part of the story that's being reported makes the police look bad.

Why were police entering a night club at closing to begin with? Was there something else going on? Seems strange. I have been to many clubs at closing and haven't had the police enter just for kicks to make sure people were leaving on time.

Why were police entering a night club at closing to begin with? Was there something else going on? Seems strange. I have been to many clubs at closing and haven't had the police enter just for kicks to make sure people were leaving on time.
    I was at Russels about 2 months ago and as we were leaving, about 1:00 am, several cops came walking in the door. I asked the door man what was up and he said they were looking for underage persons. I was thinking they might be looking to arrest the many hookers that were inside the place.

Originally Posted by TulsatimeSooner View Post
    Sounds like an OU hating Houston cop .
    If he arrested AD he must be a hater.

They have the right to enter at any time...at least in Oklahoma they do. We used to have a hard time getting folks to leave at 2:00 and invited the cops in to assist. It's easy to mouth off to a cop but what Peterson should have said to him is "ya I'm leaving, can I get some water? No? OK, I'll go to the store down the street." Not saying I would say the same thing in his position. I'm a bad example.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    They have the right to enter at any time...at least in Oklahoma they do. We used to have a hard time getting folks to leave at 2:00 and invited the cops in to assist. It's easy to mouth off to a cop but what Peterson should have said to him is "ya I'm leaving, can I get some water? No? OK, I'll go to the store down the street." Not saying I would say the same thing in his position. I'm a bad example.
    All the report said is, "words were exchanged", not "Peterson mouthed off".

For some reason I doubt AD was showing disrepect of a cop, unless a cop was not repecting a citizen obeying the law.

More info to this story is needed.

I talked to a buddy of mine who is a criminal justice major and he said this is a bogus charge.
    Originally Posted by onikuno View Post

For now, the events leading to the Saturday morning arrest of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson arenít clear. Soon, they likely will be.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the incident culminating in Petersonís arrest was captured by one or more surveillance cameras. Multiple persons also witnessed the event.

Peterson wanted to get some water before he left, but an officer told Peterson that he needed to leave. Some words apparently were exchanged, but Peterson eventually walked to the exit with one of the clubís bouncers.

Itís believed that one of the officers then jumped on Petersonís back from behind and tried to take him down. (Key word: ďtried.Ē) Other officers then joined the fray and completed the arrest.

Multiple witnesses recorded portions of the incident with their phones, but itís currently believed that the best view of the interaction between Peterson and the police will come from the surveillance camera(s) at the club.

Keep checking PFT ó or perhaps YouTube ó for more details

Originally Posted by thurman murman View Post
    probably a horn fan too.
    Like I said, an ****.
    3 users like sovasooner's post: mxATVracer10, oorah_okie, thurman murman

Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    All the report said is, "words were exchanged", not "Peterson mouthed off".

For some reason I doubt AD was showing disrepect of a cop, unless a cop was not repecting a citizen obeying the law.

More info to this story is needed.
    Sorry...I didn't mean AD mouthed off. I meant "it's easy to mouth off to a cop". AD may or may not have. If he didn't leave at closing or at the request of the po-po then he was no longer "obeying the law". Always 3 sides to every story. Overall it's a none story anyway.

I wonder how many tackles he broke before they brought him down

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    I talked to a buddy of mine who is a criminal justice major and he said this is a bogus charge.
    Wow, not even a lawyer, but someone who is taking criminal justice classes but has yet to complete a bachelor's in one of the more worthless degrees available? It must be true!!!

Originally Posted by OUSoonerJN View Post
    Wow, not even a lawyer, but someone who is taking criminal justice classes but has yet to complete a bachelor's in one of the more worthless degrees available? It must be true!!!
    He has a degree and is working towards becoming a paralegal.

Oh, well, since he's working on becoming a paralegal he must know what he's talking about.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's just like last week when 90% of the country instantly became Constitutional Law scholars. I'm a lawyer and I didn't fully understand the Supreme Court's opinion on the ACA until I had time to actually read the opinion (193 pages!!!), reference certain sections of the Constitution, and then review case law cited by the Supreme Court. How the **** can anyone say what happened with AD is bullshit or appropriate without seeing the video or reviewing the police report is beyond me.

i once "mouthed off to a cop" by asking him where he was taking a buddy of mine he was apparently arresting. He wouldn't answer me, only told me to get the **** away. I tried to "politely" tell him that I was just looking out for my friend so I could assist him later in the night to get a ride home from his apparent incarceration. Ended up me getting in cuffs too, and I went downtown for public intox... and get this, they wrote my buddy a ticket for public intox, then pulled the keys of my vehicle out of my pocket and handed them to my buddy. What??? You just wrote him a ticket for being drunk? ****ing police. Kicker was my buddy was new to Tulsa, didn't know how to get downtown to get me out, only other person he knew was my ex girlfriend. She went with him to bail me out. That was a pleasant reunion.

It's always nice to see the ex Sieve

HPD is full of shit there police department is known to be worthless.And AD had to be in houston huh...why not party close to home(dallas) where some of his family is.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's just like last week when 90% of the country instantly became Constitutional Law scholars. I'm a lawyer and I didn't fully understand the Supreme Court's opinion on the ACA until I had time to actually read the opinion (193 pages!!!), reference certain sections of the Constitution, and then review case law cited by the Supreme Court. How the **** can anyone say what happened with AD is bullshit or appropriate without seeing the video or reviewing the police report is beyond me.
    Bad analogy. This isn't anywhere close to being a constitutional issue that will need to be ruled on by the SCOTUS.

Originally Posted by Chokelahoma88 View Post
    HPD is full of shit there police department is known to be worthless.And AD had to be in houston huh...why not party close to home(dallas) where some of his family is.
    I think his off-season home is in Houston.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Bad analogy. This isn't anywhere close to being a constitutional issue that will need to be ruled on by the SCOTUS.
    My point was that people often talk out of their asses without knowing any of the facts. The details surrounding AD's arrest are incomplete to say the least, yet a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that it was a trumped up, bullshit arrest. It very well could have been a total bullshit arrest. That being said, maybe something else happened that has yet to be disclosed.

My analogy was in reference to a poster that said he has a friend that has a degree in criminal justice and said the charge is bullshit. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But what the **** does a criminal justice major know about AD's arrest and whether or not it was justified? The only possible evidence the guy could be relying on is hearsay. My point is that people should relax and be patient and wait for all of the facts to come out before forming an opinion.
    The following users like this post: GTSooner

According to TMZ:

Kese Smith, the PIO for the Houston PD, tells TMZ an off-duty police officer was working security for the club Live! at Bayou Place when closing time approached and he told various patrons it was time to leave.

Smith says the officer had to come back and tell Peterson a second time that he needed to leave and Peterson shot back, "Hey man, we heard you the first time!" and pushed the officer in the back of his shoulder, causing him to stumble.

Smith says the officer then told Peterson to turn around and put his arms behind his back because he was under arrest and Peterson began yelling at the officer. Smith says the officer repeated himself and that's when Peterson turned around to face the officer and got in "an aggressive stance."

Smith says a second off-duty cop came over to assist, but Peterson continued to resist, ignoring several verbal warnings.

A third officer then rushed over, Smith says, and they were finally able to arrest him and take him to jail.
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/07/adrian...ested-houston/

Hopefully AD learned his lesson. Get the hell out of Houston!!!!

Originally Posted by bsooner75 View Post
    Hopefully AD learned his lesson. Get the hell home by 2:30.

fify

took 5 cops to subdue him on the yahoo report

Resisting arrest for what? This sounds like it'll be dropped in 30 minutes. NBD

So now have have two totally different stories on what happened.

Why I said there are 3 sides to every story.

I tried to warn you about jumping to conclusions
    The following users like this post: ArmySooner

JN do off duty cops that work as bouncers get the same benefits as if it were a on duty cop? Do they have to have their badge in plain site? Seems like a sticky loop to allow cops to moonlight yet still stand behind the shield that any other bouncer wouldn't get to do
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Hopefully it was an **** cop.
    Are there any other kind??

I tried to warn you about jumping to conclusions
    I was just going off of what that one report said. We won't officially know until the video is released.

I read about law on Wikipedia so I know I'm an expert....

The following users like this post: ab5sr

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    Are there any other kind??
    Really?
    The following users like this post: DHF

I'm not trying to be a dick,
    so it just comes naturally?
    The following users like this post: freedombird

My point was that people often talk out of their asses without knowing any of the facts. The details surrounding AD's arrest are incomplete to say the least, yet a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that it was a trumped up, bullshit arrest. It very well could have been a total bullshit arrest. That being said, maybe something else happened that has yet to be disclosed.

My analogy was in reference to a poster that said he has a friend that has a degree in criminal justice and said the charge is bullshit. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But what the **** does a criminal justice major know about AD's arrest and whether or not it was justified? The only possible evidence the guy could be relying on is hearsay. My point is that people should relax and be patient and wait for all of the facts to come out before forming an opinion.
    Kind of like an attorney claiming to be an investment expert?
    The following users like this post: freedombird