'13 Juco DT Quincy Russell Verbal #16 EE

Posted 634 day(s) ago by Shooter18743 Views 130 Replies
Results 51 to 100 of 131
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
  1. #51
    Rivals has him as a 4 star that originally committed to tejas

  2. #52
    BPrzybylo: Russell confirms he has NOT signed his LOI with #Sooners but will soon

  3. #53
    NortheastOK_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    802
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    Rivals has him as a 4 star that originally committed to tejas
    Oh the beauty of this commitment!

  4. #54

    New Commit '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell

    The talent has always been there. It's always been a question of his work rate on every play (i.e. not taking plays off). Hopefully with some proper coaching, no disrespect to his high school and junior college, he will develop into a great player.

  5. #55

    New Commit '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell

    Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    Well he seems to be a replacement for what is gradating, but a three star. Not one to have been a difference maker. However, he could develop further. Now we need two more DTs.
    Have you seen the guy play?

  6. #56
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    3,895
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Austin, TX

    so he will have 3 to play 2?

  7. #57
    Sooner Shemp's Avatar
    Posts
    799
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKC

    Who gives a shit how many stars those idiots give a player. Quincy is an All-American!
    http://www.njcaa.org/Teams/football/...-Americans.pdf

  8. #58
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    3,888
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Euless, TX

    Big guy, strong, ready to plug and play. Good get.

  9. #59
    Wailer's Avatar
    Posts
    4,117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    NE OKC

    get him signed before he changes his mind. STAT!
    The following users like this post: OUrage


  10. #60
    OUfootball's Avatar
    Posts
    1,771
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    19th Hole!

    Early X-mas present! Keep the big boys coming SANTA..

  11. #61
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,471
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    2909
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    New Commit '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell

    Would be nice to grab the Walker kid and actually another JUCO. I still think it's crucial to do so. If OU could somehow find 2 more HS and another JUCO, that would be ideal.

    Also very much in need of 2 HS OTs and 2 JUCO OTs.

  12. #62
    KumquatOne's Avatar
    Posts
    204
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Memphis

    Yay!
    The following users like this post: ab5sr


  13. #63
    LVSOONER15's Avatar
    Posts
    4,203
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    5021
    Location
    Gettin it done....

    Sweet

  14. #64
    6 Josiah St. John OT Trinity Valley (Texas) CC
    ??? Same CC. Come un down Josiah!!!

  15. #65
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,471
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    2909
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    New Commit '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell

    A JUCO DT and OT in the same day?! Keep 'em coming! It's a good day for Sooner football.
    The following users like this post: drspencer


  16. #66
    Josiah St. John hasn't committed yet, but he wasn't supposed to commit today either. Now that his teammate has decided on OU, he suddenly is ready to make a decision. Sounds like good news for OU to me!
    The following users like this post: drspencer


  17. #67
    drspencer's Avatar
    Posts
    3,939
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKLAHOMA

    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    A JUCO DT and OT in the same day?! Keep 'em coming! It's a good day for Sooner football.
    Sounds like the TE Bibbs has also made a decision today. Here's hoping we land him as well.

  18. #68
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,229
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Toby Johnson @Future020113SEC
    Just to let everyone know i won't be committing tomorrow i will be commit in Feb.

    It was toby johnson. Sorry Melbitoast
    No worries....and **** YEAH!!!! Love to comeback from lunch and see that QR is ours!!!! **** yeah!

  19. #69
    Yeah....everyone celebrate now..... but when we only have 35 scholarship wide outs and have to turn one down because he we signed him we will all be sorry.
    2 users like tennsooner's post: SoonerMinister, Wailer


  20. #70
    Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    Yeah....everyone celebrate now..... but when we only have 35 scholarship wide outs and have to turn one down because he we signed him we will all be sorry.
    lol stfu
    3 users like BMR's post: greensooner, oorah_okie, TenYards


  21. #71
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    FIRE JACKIE SHIPP!!!
    2 users like Mr. Pink's post: jmizzy4ou, melbitoast


  22. #72
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    10,311
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    5727
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Boomer!

  23. #73
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    6,976
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Good news!

  24. #74
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    10,311
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    5727
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    We needed some good influx of news. Good choice Mr. Russell.

  25. #75

  26. #76
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,950
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    3 users like usaosooner's post: BAMFSooner, jmizzy4ou, madillsoonerfan5353


  27. #77
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,950
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    He has 3 years to play 2 and he'll be here for spring ball
    The following users like this post: Sooner 76


  28. #78
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,630
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma & nowhere else

    '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell VERBAL

    Boomer Sooner

  29. #79
    BoulderSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,923
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Would be nice to grab the Walker kid and actually another JUCO. I still think it's crucial to do so. If OU could somehow find 2 more HS and another JUCO, that would be ideal.

    Also very much in need of 2 HS OTs and 2 JUCO OTs.
    no .. we are not taking 5 DT's in one class ...

    we now want 1 more high school DT .... and we would take Toby Johnson because he is great that is all ...

    just for context .. Higgins the HS DT commit is a rivals and scout 4 star higher rated than bain and gilmore

  30. #80
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,471
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    2909
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell VERBAL

    Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    no .. we are not taking 5 DT's in one class ...

    we now want 1 more high school DT .... and we would take Toby Johnson because he is great that is all ...

    just for context .. Higgins the HS DT commit is a rivals and scout 4 star higher rated than bain and gilmore
    Your theory is based on the assumption Higgins makes it in...

  31. #81
    Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    Well he seems to be a replacement for what is gradating, but a three star. Not one to have been a difference maker. However, he could develop further. Now we need two more DTs.
    He was a 5star out of hs and a juco AA. That's good enough for me

  32. #82
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    7,539
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    FLORIDA


  33. #83
    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    FIRE JACKIE SHIPP!!!
    I've been away for 3 days, just got back.

    I was going say that I don't see any of the trolls who have been calling for Jackie's head on a platter on this thread congratulating him.

    I've always said that Shipp was an excellent coach AND recruiter. He's showing it again.

    Remember that last year, the coaches decided to only go after the elite DTs, and, if they didn't get any of them, they would pass, b/c Shipp got 4 the year before.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou


  34. #84
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,360
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    I've been away for 3 days, just got back.

    I was going say that I don't see any of the trolls who have been calling for Jackie's head on a platter on this thread congratulating him.

    I've always said that Shipp was an excellent coach AND recruiter. He's showing it again.

    Remember that last year, the coaches decided to only go after the elite DTs, and, if they didn't get any of them, they would pass, b/c Shipp got 4 the year before.

    This. We will likely get 1 or 2 more DTs in this class, and if we can get a couple of OL this class will round out quite well even if we miss on Treadwell.

  35. #85
    Russell has signed his LOI

  36. #86
    palisooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,663
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    So Cal

    Welcome to Sooner Nation, young man!

  37. #87
    I got my magnum condoms and my hundreds. I'm ready to plow.

  38. #88
    warrenpiece's Avatar
    Posts
    78
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Dallas

    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Your theory is based on the assumption Higgins makes it in...
    Professor Higgins should easily make it in....not sure about Kerrick Huggins

  39. #89
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    10,311
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    5727
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Signed...sealed...delivered....too late to turn back now...

  40. #90
    3 users like OUQuakers's post: BAMFSooner, jmizzy4ou, sovasooner


  41. #91
    Lake_Bum's Avatar
    Posts
    1,415
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Anybody know what happened with him and texas? I was reading an old scout article about when he failed to qualify, and texas said they would hold a spot for him. Im not ****in. Our gain, texas's loss. Im just curious.

  42. #92
    Originally Posted by Lake_Bum View Post
    Anybody know what happened with him and texas? I was reading an old scout article about when he failed to qualify, and texas said they would hold a spot for him. Im not ****in. Our gain, texas's loss. Im just curious.
    Good question, maybe 8-5 & 8-4 and 55-17 & 63-21 had something to do with it on his part?
    3 users like OldSooner's post: ab5sr, cscsooner, Lake_Bum

    Last edited by OldSooner; December 20th, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

  43. #93
    Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post
    Good question, maybe 8-5 & 8-4 and 55-17 & 63-21 had something to do with it on his part?
    Those numbers can't be right...this is Texas we're talking about.
    The following users like this post: lauderdaleOU


  44. #94
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,950
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    Originally Posted by Lake_Bum View Post
    Anybody know what happened with him and texas? I was reading an old scout article about when he failed to qualify, and texas said they would hold a spot for him. Im not ****in. Our gain, texas's loss. Im just curious.
    #'s game for Texas. They were more interested in hs kids then juco dts

  45. #95
    Lets party !
    The following users like this post: ab5sr


  46. #96
    Lake_Bum's Avatar
    Posts
    1,415
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    #'s game for Texas. They were more interested in hs kids then juco dts
    Thanks

  47. #97
    Soonerpsycho's Avatar
    Posts
    1,652
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Mars, bitches!

    The following users like this post: usaosooner


  48. #98
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,596
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Confused. On Insider it was posted that Russell was being recruited by Jackie Shipp at Zona State. I thought he had signed with OU.
    What is the story? Is he signed sealed, delivered or still out there as fair game? Is OU counting heavily on him for 2013 or not?

  49. #99
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,950
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    He signed early but since he didn't graduate in December, it doesn't mean a thing. I think he still ends up here

  50. #100
    drspencer's Avatar
    Posts
    3,939
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKLAHOMA

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Confused. On Insider it was posted that Russell was being recruited by Jackie Shipp at Zona State. I thought he had signed with OU.
    What is the story? Is he signed sealed, delivered or still out there as fair game? Is OU counting heavily on him for 2013 or not?
    Basically he signed to be an early enroll from what I understand. Which makes him a free agent because he didn't graduate on time.

Similar Threads

  1. Quincy Russell...does exist!
    By BKSOONERS in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 1290
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
  2. Quincy Russell
    By max fischer in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
  4. Quincy Russell news
    By Vodnik in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: January 18th, 2013, 04:20 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 19th, 2012, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread