unintended consequences of owebamacare....

Posted 823 day(s) ago by 87sooner16815 Views 629 Replies
Page 4 of 13 2 3 4 5 6

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You cannot seriously be attempting to blame our lack of a budget on the House can you?
    Please name the last budget instituted that did not originate with passage in the house.

Spankynek,

WTF is your avatar?

Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Spankynek,

WTF is your avatar?
    It is Jim Traber inside of a tornado.

I got tired of other folks using Mex the dog, and my Cecil Samara Avatar was hard to see...Nuked made this last year during a big tornado outbreak in OK and I asked if I could have it.

Kudos on the Bukowsi...one of my favorite quotes of all time:
    "If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence."
    The following users like this post: Gonzo

I rarely have listened to the sports animal. All I know is Al is a midget Jew who says funny things and likes to eat radishes when he drinks beer. Oh, and Jim chased some Asian pitcher around. Oh, and dean Blevins took a hydrocodone piss on air. As an OU fanatic, I should have known that was Jim Traber.

The Beats are my favorites. Though Bukowski is often fit in that category, I don't think he should be there. His style and interepretation of the world is something truly unique. My wife and I recently watched a documentary on Netflix about him (maybe I had seen it before, but I can't remember) called (one minute...have to search)..."Born Into This". Like the poem. I should have remembers that. Anyway, you should watch it if you haven't seen it (or don't remember).

unintended consequences of owebamacare....

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Please name the last budget instituted that did not originate with passage in the house.
    Relevance? The House has passed several budgets that the Senate won't even debate.

Though required by law to submit a budget Harry reed and the democraps have not in several years.

Obama also missed a required budget action in the last week or so.....but they can break all the laws they want.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...rss=rss_policy

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...senate-budget/

Deciding Who Gets Religious Freedom: The Latest HHS “Accommodation”

But in the cramped freedom calculus of the Obama administration, one of these identically situated employers—all, in truth, equally religious—gets an exemption, another gets an “accommodation,” and a third gets nothing at all. The government has decided that religious freedom is at its maximum in houses of worship, is attenuated in charities, colleges, and other institutions, and is nonexistent elsewhere in the productive economy.

This in fact has been its argument in courts of law—that for-profit employers have no religious freedom that the government is bound to respect. The administration has conceded that religious freedom is at stake in the struggle over its mandate, but it has dictated for whom that freedom exists, when it is truly the common possession of all.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...obamacare.html

Famed Baltimore neurosurgeon Dr. Benjamin Carson addressed the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday morning on healthcare. Dr. Carson often criticized Obamacare and government intrusion in healthcare while President Obama sat in the audience. Dr. Carson encouraged a program where newborn babies are given health savings account as an alternative to Obamacare.
    The following users like this post: pmartin50

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...obamacare.html

Famed Baltimore neurosurgeon Dr. Benjamin Carson addressed the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday morning on healthcare. Dr. Carson often criticized Obamacare and government intrusion in healthcare while President Obama sat in the audience. Dr. Carson encouraged a program where newborn babies are given health savings account as an alternative to Obamacare.
    Dear Leader did not look pleased.
    The following users like this post: pmartin50

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Dear Leader did not look pleased.
    looked like he started sending out some hate texts at that point.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

He is a really special person...I had never heard of him until a couple of days ago when I listened to most of the speech...watched the entire thing this morning and was even more impressed...

We need more like him...donate to the Carson Scholars Fund...

http://carsonscholars.org/support-us/donate-now
    The following users like this post: oucub23

No one has brought up the advent of the food ****s...

https://factreal.wordpress.com/2013/...food-labeling/

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.

Sweet.. I've applied an ACE bandage before.. I can be a doctor in Cali.

That's actually one of Obama's many great cost saving measures. Everyone knows the price goes down when demand exceeds supply. Oh wait...
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Barack Obama is a piece of shit

Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office report released today.

Deficit neutral huh?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2523934

companies just pass it on to the rest of us.....whoopee

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post

Stunned, I tell ya, I'm stunned...

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post

Well pass it along to the idiots that voted for these morons.

You mean the Majority of Americans.

You mean you guys were thrashed by idiots and morons. Say it ain't so Joe.

Vet costs will most likely go up...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/03/11...e-vets-office/

Taxes are double original estimate

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...eases-are.html

And the health care law isn't only going to hit Ruffer. He's quizzed his workers to ask if they understand that they will be fined if they don't get health insurance. Just one of 20 workers were aware of the $95 tax penalty that rises to $695 by 2016

It's this type of stuff that is what's concerning.

Originally Posted by Cabbage_town_kid View Post
    And the health care law isn't only going to hit Ruffer. He's quizzed his workers to ask if they understand that they will be fined if they don't get health insurance. Just one of 20 workers were aware of the $95 tax penalty that rises to $695 by 2016

It's this type of stuff that is what's concerning.
    But but but Obama promised we could keep the insurance we already have...

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    But but but Obama promised we could keep the insurance we already have...
    What insurances went away?

The ones either you or your employers won't be able to keep.

So nothing has gone away. Just speculation.

Not yet. It hasn't even kicked in yet. Just a bunch of the taxes.

Originally Posted by barrister View Post
    So nothing has gone away. Just speculation.
    Speculation? Yea, it's just casual speculation.

Surely you jest.

Err, wait, do you think these companies are kidding/pretending/speculating when they say they would rather pay the penalty then keep employees on their ESI since it turns out to be cheaper to just pay the penalty? The CBO projects around 7 million will lose their ESI over the next decade. To simply say it's idle speculation has to be said by a jester.

Most of these companies have ALREADY decided to do this, notices have gone out to employees. They aren't all randomly deciding on Jan 1 of next year if they want to do it, lol.
    The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner

Obamacare is just continuing the already bad policies in health care we had in place already but just putting it into higher gear. What Obama should have really been saying is that if you liked the health care system we already have we will continue it but just at a bigger spending pace that will benefit the poorer people less and the richer people more particularly the people he's giving money to e.i. the prescription companies and insurance companies.

If companies drop coverage it was going to happen anyway because of the increasing pace of healthcare costs and insurance rates at least now there will be a safety net. If the ahca had not passed companies who drop coverage were most likely considering it before. The ahca might provide them with a scapegoat.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/insur...-sticker-shock

Some Americans could see their insurance bills double next year as the health care overhaul law expands coverage to millions of people.

The nation's big health insurers say they expect premiums — or the cost for insurance coverage — to rise from 20 to 100 percent for millions of people due to changes that will occur when key provisions of the Affordable Care Act roll out in January 2014.

Mark Bertolini, CEO of Aetna Inc., one of the nation's largest insurers, calls the price hikes "premium rate shock."

"We've done all the math, we've shared it with all the regulators, we've shared it with all the people in Washington that need to see it, and I think it's a big concern," Bertolini said during the company's annual meeting with investors in December.

To be sure, there will be no across-the-board rate hikes for everyone, and there's no reliable national data on how many people could see increases. But the biggest price hikes are expected to hit a group that represents a relatively small slice of the insured population. That includes some of the roughly 14 million people who buy their own insurance as opposed to being covered under employer-sponsored plans, and to a lesser extent, some employees of smaller companies.

The price increases are a downside of President Barack Obama's health care law, which is expected to expand coverage to nearly 30 million uninsured people. The massive law calls for a number of changes that could cause premiums for people who don't have coverage through a big employer to rise next year — at a time when health care costs already are expected to grow by 5 percent or more:

— Changes to how insurers set premiums according to age and gender could cause some premiums to rise as much as 50 percent, according to America's Health Insurance Plans, or AHIP, an industry trade group that's funded by insurers.

— A new tax on premiums could raise prices as much as 2.3 percent in 2014 and more in subsequent years, according to a study commissioned by AHIP. Policyholders with plans that end in 2014 probably have already seen an impact from this.

— Requirements that insurance plans in many cases cover more health care or pay a greater share of a patient's bill than they do now also could add to premiums, depending on the extent of a person's current coverage, according AHIP.
    Yay. Looks like I'll be moving to a higher deductible plan....again.
    Funny part is in the approximately 3 years I bought health insurance before ObamaCare passed, what I paid for insurance stayed the exact same, no price hike. In the almost 3 years since ObamaCare passed, they've raised it every year.

Originally Posted by Jenn and tonic View Post

Funny part is in the approximately 3 years I bought health insurance before ObamaCare passed, what I paid for insurance stayed the exact same, no price hike. In the almost 3 years since ObamaCare passed, they've raised it every year.
    yeah.....i found out my insurance provides all these "free" tests that were mandated by owebamacare....
    of course my rates have gone up each year as well....
    mine went up $92/month just this year......that's insane...almost 14% increase

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    Speculation? Yea, it's just casual speculation.

Surely you jest.

Err, wait, do you think these companies are kidding/pretending/speculating when they say they would rather pay the penalty then keep employees on their ESI since it turns out to be cheaper to just pay the penalty? The CBO projects around 7 million will lose their ESI over the next decade. To simply say it's idle speculation has to be said by a jester.

Most of these companies have ALREADY decided to do this, notices have gone out to employees. They aren't all randomly deciding on Jan 1 of next year if they want to do it, lol.
    But, to be clear, these employers Could have kept their plans, yes?

Originally Posted by Jenn and tonic View Post

You obviously haven't been buying since the late 90's, the increases were exponential in the 2001-2008 era.

Even the most ardent anti ahca legislators concede that something had to be done about the out of control health care costs. The argument has been how to accomplish it. So the idea that healthcare/insurance costs were not a problem until ahca is just wrong.

Even the most ardent anti ahca legislators concede that something had to be done about the out of control health care costs. The argument has been how to accomplish it. So the idea that healthcare/insurance costs were not a problem until ahca is just wrong.
    When the problem is high costs, and the 'solution' is a plan that causes higher costs, it's not a solution.
    2 users like oucub23's post: Morningwood, ThievingMagpie

If companies drop coverage it was going to happen anyway because of the increasing pace of healthcare costs and insurance rates at least now there will be a safety net. If the ahca had not passed companies who drop coverage were most likely considering it before. The ahca might provide them with a scapegoat.
    I know people with insurance outside of an employer and many of them have seen a 100-200% increase in their premiums since this mess was announced. Were costs too high? Yes. But this has just made a mess of everything. Once again we're just starting to see the tip of what is coming down the road. More taxes, increases, penalties, regulations. You don't know what all is going to happen.

Principal Financial group, for one. They left the market place for one reason and one reason alone. Obamacare. They were very clear that was the reason.

Since they were a drop in the bucket market share wise, it really didn't matter so you can potentially chalk this up to a smart assed answer for a smart ass question.

The real "problem" with the post you quoted (not the post, specifically - and you know this) is the "promise" by President Obama during the debate (if you can call it that) that people could keep the health insurance they had if they wanted. Problem is that promise was not based on the reality of the world we live in. The law set up very tight perameters that if you (or your employer) changed the plan you were on March 23, 2010 ever so slightly, you "lost" that plan and had to comply with more portions of the law. Tweaks to plans are made annually due to the ever increasing cost of health care and health insurance. He knew damn well (or at least Im giving him the benefit of the doubt that he knew) that most people/employers would be extremely hard pressed to not make changes to their current plans therefore, due to cost, not able to keep the plan they "had". All that brings up the biggest problem with Obamacare. Zero attention to the root cause of the problem. COST!

Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    You obviously haven't been buying since the late 90's, the increases were exponential in the 2001-2008 era.
    I've bought single coverage for myself since 2007.

So just pass something. No matter what it is or how terrible the bill is. Gotcha!
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

No pass a bill that you believe will be in the best interest of the most people. If it needs to be tweaked you tweak it as you go along. I remember when the bill was in the process of being passed the republicans acknowledged something should be done but just not what was proposed. Yet they had a chance for 20 years to do something and had never broached the subject. Is the bill perfect absolutely not. But once again the position of the other dude has been and always would have been do nothing on the issue and or oppose any bill as not being the right legislation. It is done. The right needs to finish up their tantrum and begin to make constructive changes where they are warranted. Or continue with the tantrum and lose the house in 14 and lose all opportunity to have a voice in the matter. Makes no difference to us.

No pass a bill that you believe will be in the best interest of the most people. If it needs to be tweaked you tweak it as you go along. I remember when the bill was in the process of being passed the republicans acknowledged something should be done but just not what was proposed. Yet they had a chance for 20 years to do something and had never broached the subject. Is the bill perfect absolutely not. But once again the position of the other dude has been and always would have been do nothing on the issue and or oppose any bill as not being the right legislation. It is done. The right needs to finish up their tantrum and begin to make constructive changes where they are warranted. Or continue with the tantrum and lose the house in 14 and lose all opportunity to have a voice in the matter. Makes no difference to us.
    Dissatisfaction with the bill caused the Dems to lose the House. Carrying that dissatisfaction forward will cause the pubs to lose the House back? That doesn't make sense. People aren't suddenly happier with the bill than they were.

Well then it wouldn't have passed. As is the case now, the majority of Americans didn't want it. Expect that number to rise as the skullfucking continues.
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid

Just had an election where the repubs made ahca the centerpiece if their strategy. Lost the presidential election, lost ground in the senate and I believe lost ground in the house. (Could be wrong on that but will double check). So it doesn't appear to be a sound political strategy. But you guys can double down in 14 and we'll see whose dog hunts. I like our side. If your wrong you lose the house and you will be totally irrelevant as a policy force.

By the way following the election the polls showed the ahca had gained in popularity significantly. If that holds who knows.