Best Pizza you've ever had

Posted 874 day(s) ago by madbrad6132 Views 91 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Savastano's is my favorite, as well. I love the Chicago style deep dish
    I definitely need to check this place out, I hear so much about it, but it's way south for me.

Pie Hole is just okay.

Umberto's is pretty good.

Never been to Mario's either, have to check that out too.

Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Mario's is right off of I-44 on Harvard... right by whatever grocery store is right there
    It's just east of the Food Pyramid. One door down from Crawpappy's.

I love Savastano's Italian Sausage, which they make themselves. You used to be able to buy it from them by the pound, don't know if they still do that.

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    I definitely need to check this place out, I hear so much about it, but it's way south for me.

Pie Hole is just okay.

Umberto's is pretty good.

Never been to Mario's either, have to check that out too.
    If you don't like Pie Hole, it's pretty safe to say, you probably won't like Mario's or NYC.

Secret Stash- "Figilicious" (Crested Butte, Colorado)

http://www.stashpizza.com/

California Pizza Kitchen is pretty tasty..

I have not been around as far as traveling so my list is short.

NY Pizza in Nompton: Margarita Slice, a Garlic Knot and a unsweetened tea. That was my lunch for 2 years of college.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    California Pizza Kitchen is pretty tasty..
    gross

Italian Jims Pizzeria, when it was in Yukon/Mustang. The Meat Combo was a thing of beauty. I havent been there since they moved to Edmond because I hear the quality has really went down.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    We still have Godfather's here. That and Minski's were the first thicker pizzas around here.
    Minsky's is great. I try to get it every time I'm in KC.

A picture from Serious Pizza in Dallas

Had Mary Janes pizza late Saturday night. It's not really good, but serviceable and they deliver up til 420 am. It works out when you have a bunch of drunk fools who just spent roughly 5 hours on our Fantasy draft.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Statements like this always crack me up. IT'S A ****ING PIZZA. Unless it was covered in human feces it was nowhere near inedible.
    But what about cat feces? Where is your pizza god now?

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    But what about cat feces? Where is your pizza god now?
    Is your avatar the wet burrito from El Rio Verde?

Pizzario Uno in Philly was the best I had at a restaurant.
    I had Pizza in Italy. It had one topping-black olives with pits. (?)

I didn't understand why people would pay more for a pizza they have to cook themselves but Papa Murphy's is good.

Mazzio's thin crust pepperoni when I was completely wasted back when I lived in Oklahoma

My Pi

Grandma's. But that's mostly b/c it was at Wrigley with an Old Style.

I ran out of time before I left Seattle on my vacation, but I regret not visiting Serious Pie.

If you happen to be in Ames for the ISU game, The Great Plains Sauce & Dough company is pretty good (at least it used to be). 129 Main Street in Ames.

If you every find your self in Marion Iowa, check Zoey's Pizzeria has great Chicago style. Might as well eat good, there is nothing else to do here.

Best pizza I have ever had was a little corner place on Auburn's Toomer's Corner (right by the trees as a matter of fact) but can't recall the name . . . it might have had something to do with being pretty intoxicated at 2am after sitting in the sun at the softball tournament OU was playing in and then spending the evening drinking all night with old friends who also came to the challenge . . . who knows but it tasted amazing at that moment.

Originally Posted by surus View Post
    Bobs hole in the wall
    Agreed! The best I have ever had.....

Ate Giordano's all the time when I lived in Chicago. Miss it badly.

Actually, though, maybe the best pizza I ever had was from a place in Cedar Falls, Iowa. It doesn't seem to be there anymore, according to Google. Can't remember the name!

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    I'll probably get bashed... but I really miss Godfather's Pizza... I loved that stuff!
    There is a Godfather's in Enid, and I think there is one in Wichita.

DIB has a pretty good Tulsa list (I think those are the well known places to most folks).

I also like Marco's, and honestly....for the price....(gasp)....Little Ceasars $5 pie!!

After the FAMU game a few weeks ago I had the best Pizza Shuttle I've ever had, which means this was a really, really good pizza.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    you ever have a finger jammed in your ass when you weren't expecting it? it kind of kills the mood.
    au contraire

Originally Posted by thatOUguy View Post
    After the FAMU game a few weeks ago I had the best Pizza Shuttle I've ever had, which means this was a really, really good pizza.
    Pizza Shuttle....man, that takes me back.

Giordano's is definitely a good pick but if you're local in the OKC area, check out Italian Jim's In Downtown Edmond.
    The super pepperoni is ridiculous!

Joey's in OKC

Best ever was this lil italian place down in South Padre ... brick oven pizza's that were killer!

Best Pizza you've ever had

Joey's is awesome.

Deep Fork Grill has great pizza.

Tonight was a cheat night, i had a Pizza Hut deep pan, meat lovers pizza delivered to me here at work. Holy shit the ****er weighed 5lbs and was one the best pizzas i've ever had. No shit, Pizza Hut. Oh, tipped the dude 5.00 hahaha!

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Joey's is awesome.
    Went there today with the wifey for lunch, first time there. If you like 90% crust (bread) and very little cheese and toppings, that's the place to go. One of my buddies had told me it's a place everyone likes because it's cool to like it, and he's on to something. I've had shitty pies from Dominos or Skeezers that were better.

My God it sucked. "Joey" should have his ass kicked for serving me that shit. Maybe it was a bad day, but that's all theyre getting from me.

Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
    Went there today with the wifey for lunch, first time there. If you like 90% crust (bread) and very little cheese and toppings, that's the place to go. One of my buddies had told me it's a place everyone likes because it's cool to like it, and he's on to something. I've had shitty pies from Dominos or Skeezers that were better.

My God it sucked. "Joey" should have his ass kicked for serving me that shit. Maybe it was a bad day, but that's all theyre getting from me.
    IDK who was cooking that day. Irena never let's her peeps do that. Should have said something

Re: Best Pizza you've ever had

Back when I was a lad down in H-town, Pizza Inn was the shizzle. Hideaway is usually good. Godfather's is tasty. Mazzio's ain't bad. There was a place in Kingfisher called Jack Z's. It was pretty bomb. Had some really good wings and the cinnamon sticks were outrageous!

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Had Godfather's in Enid last night.....very good

Jetts deep dish....nothing else compares.

Had a guy at my new job order us all pizza cause the all got their bonuses on Friday(everybody but me since I am the new guy, lol) He ordered from Marco's, there is one in BA, and one that he ordered from was at like 31st and 129th. Never heard of it, but it was pretty damn tasty. I will definitely be going back.

Originally Posted by 180WestBrooks View Post
    That is a big piece of pie. I'll have to check Serious Pizza out. I went to a pizza place in Toronto once that had some huge slices, but I don't think they were that big.

In Dallas:
    -I live near Bishop Arts District and really like Eno's pizza; dig the thin crust and locally procured ingredients. I usually get a pizza with chicken, raw jalapenos (instead of the pickled, jarred variety, but cooked on the pizza), and feta cheese (in addition to the mozzarella). Nice beer and wine selection, too.
    -Cane Rosso is good, not great. I'd put it on par with Coal Vines.
    -I've heard good things about Olivetti's, but have never been.
    -I really like Fireside Pies pizza, but don't like the wait most nights and am not sure the pizza is worth the premium price.
    -For "bang for your buck", I think it's tough to beat Louie's on Henderson.
    -If you like cheese, cheese, and more cheese, Piggie Pies is pretty tasty.
    -Was shopping at NorthPark over the weekend and stopped into Grimaldi's across 75. Pretty good pizza for a chain.
    -Campisi's is an institution and still makes a mean pie.

In OKC:
    -I don't recall really having a favorite, but Pizza House at NW 25th and Penn, right by OCU, was damn good as recently as the early aughts.
    -This sounds weird, but I kind of miss having Mazzio's as an option. Good, solid pizza at a fair price. Haven't had any in a decade, so it's possible its quality has gone down

Random:
    -They still have a Crystal's Pizza in Irving (on 183, off MacArthur). It is extremely sketchy and suffers from at least a decade of deferred maintenance; however, I don't know what it is (probably nostalgia), but I absolutely love their pepperoni pizza.

It sucks that most of the chains are in a price war and are dead set on having their pizza at or below $10; the quality suffers. In the past, Pizza Hut and Pizza Inn had decent pizza at reasonable prices; but, they've both gone downhill in quality.
    -As far as the cheap, cheap places go, I kind of like the $5.55 Little Caesars pizza that is already cooked when you walk in the door. By no means is it good, but certainly not bad for $6.01 after tax.
    -I don't think Papa John's, Domino's, or Pizza Patron (a Dallas hispanic chain) are even edible.

As for my best pizza experience, a random place I went to in Seattle in '05 or '06 stands out in my mind. I think I was turned onto it by a thread similar to this one on one of the old OU message boards (probably OUInsider). Unfortunately, I have no idea what the name of the place is or if it's even still there. They cooked the crust, sauce, meat, and cheese in the oven, then threw fresh herbs and greens on top right before they brought it to your table. It was essentially a hot pizza with a room temperature salad on top of it.
    Who the **** are you? The James Joyce of pizza reviewers? ****. Just give us your top three and then leave it at that.

Chicago: Gino's. Used to carry 4 or 5 back to St. Louis. Deep Dish with a cornbread crust. Couldn't go wrong with Unos either.
    Bar-Be-Que in St. Louis is generally awful. But O'Connells on Fri or Sat has great rib tips.
    Anybody remember Susse's in Oklahoma City in the late 50s, early 60s? Most of the Okie City guys in our frat loved that place for pizza.

Jack sussy's

My mom still talks about that place. She said that they would serve it with a knife and fork, and the idea was to roll up your slice into a log and cut it up.