All Things Android

Posted 1361 day(s) ago by macdaddybuff121368 Views 4345 Replies
Results 2,901 to 2,950 of 4346
Page 59 of 87 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69
  1. #2901
    eyeballjr's Avatar
    Posts
    1,772
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bartlesville

    Have you rooted it Macdaddybuff?

  2. #2902
    eyeballjr's Avatar
    Posts
    1,772
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bartlesville

    double post

  3. #2903
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by eyeballjr View Post
    Have you rooted it Macdaddybuff?
    Not yet but will soon.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #2904

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by eyeballjr View Post
    Have you rooted it Macdaddybuff?
    I rooted mine. Very simple and painless process.

    http://www.galaxynote2root.com
    The following users like this post: eyeballjr


  5. #2905
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    I rooted mine. Very simple and painless process.

    http://www.galaxynote2root.com
    I have to unlock the boot loader first being that I am on verizon. I have the info to do it.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #2906

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    I have to unlock the boot loader first being that I am on verizon. I have the info to do it.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh yeah forgot about the locked boot loader on Verizon.

  7. #2907
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Oh yeah forgot about the locked boot loader on Verizon.
    I may do it soon but it runs so good stock that I have thought about leaving it that way.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #2908

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    I may do it soon but it runs so good stock that I have thought about leaving it that way.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I kept the stock image but rooted to do miscellaneous features and install some apps.

  9. #2909

    Re: All Things Android

    Posting from the new Nex 10! There's a new beta tapatalk as you can see for tablets that's free at the moment. Check it out, if you have a tablet... The ui is quite a bit different

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    The following users like this post: macdaddybuff


  10. #2910
    azwe's Avatar
    Posts
    4,745
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    I think they make larger batteries. Or you. Could carry an extra one as a backup

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I could but I shouldn't have to do that. It's nice that I can switch batteries but taking my otter box off then putting it back on is a hassle. Might have to do that anyway.

    Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    I'm getting probably 14-16 hours a day on average usage. I'm not hammering it, but it's getting good life. I'm pushing a couple of email addresses and have 5-6 widgets running. I wonder if you have a bad charger or battery.
    Zero usage with two email addresses and 1 widget gets my 8 hours of battery life. Even worse if I'm browsing the web.

  11. #2911
    Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    I could but I shouldn't have to do that. It's nice that I can switch batteries but taking my otter box off then putting it back on is a hassle. Might have to do that anyway.



    Zero usage with two email addresses and 1 widget gets my 8 hours of battery life. Even worse if I'm browsing the web.
    I'd take it back and ask for a different battery or a different phone. That's not been my experience AT ALL. In fact, I got my wife one a few days before Christmas and she's not run it low yet - and she used to only make it to like 6-7pm each night with her GSII (she would take it off charge around 7am each day).

  12. #2912
    The GPS is a major battery hog.

  13. #2913

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by FriarDan View Post
    The GPS is a major battery hog.
    We leave ours on all of the time.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

  14. #2914
    azwe's Avatar
    Posts
    4,745
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    I'd take it back and ask for a different battery or a different phone. That's not been my experience AT ALL. In fact, I got my wife one a few days before Christmas and she's not run it low yet - and she used to only make it to like 6-7pm each night with her GSII (she would take it off charge around 7am each day).
    Sounds like a plan. I'll follow up and let you guys know what happens.

    Originally Posted by FriarDan View Post
    The GPS is a major battery hog.
    I never turn it on.

  15. #2915
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    Sounds like a plan. I'll follow up and let you guys know what happens.



    I never turn it on.
    Try auto brightness or turn down the brightness that will help as well. A short timeout might help as well.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #2916
    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    Try auto brightness or turn down the brightness that will help as well. A short timeout might help as well.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    One of the first things I do is disable "auto brightness" too. I run my brightness at about 50% during the day and prolly 30% at night (I use Tasker to set it by time of day). Most of the suggestions regarding timeouts actually say to set it longer so that you're not turning it off and back on all the time (big battery killer).

  17. #2917
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    One of the first things I do is disable "auto brightness" too. I run my brightness at about 50% during the day and prolly 30% at night (I use Tasker to set it by time of day). Most of the suggestions regarding timeouts actually say to set it longer so that you're not turning it off and back on all the time (big battery killer).
    I was not sure if the gs3 had smart stay or not if it does than a short time out is what you want.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #2918
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,327
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    All Things Android

    Not sure if this was covered somewhere, but it's a really long thread...

    I want a new case for my Note bc I don't like the flip cover thing. Its already too big for my hand & that cover makes it more cumbersome. Suggestions? I'd like something with a lil rubber so it's not as slippery.

  19. #2919
    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    I was not sure if the gs3 had smart stay or not if it does than a short time out is what you want.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh, good point. I just wonder if "Smart Stay" itself is a drain...and, yes, it does have it.

  20. #2920
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Not sure if this was covered somewhere, but it's a really long thread...

    I want a new case for my Note bc I don't like the flip cover thing. Its already too big for my hand & that cover makes it more cumbersome. Suggestions? I'd like something with a lil rubber so it's not as slippery.
    Yup. I use these on all of my phones..http://tpu-cases.com/

  21. #2921
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,327
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    All Things Android

    Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    Yup. I use these on all of my phones..http://tpu-cases.com/
    Thanks, I'll check them out. I just use a bumper on my iPhone, so I'm clueless about my Note.

  22. #2922

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Not sure if this was covered somewhere, but it's a really long thread...

    I want a new case for my Note bc I don't like the flip cover thing. Its already too big for my hand & that cover makes it more cumbersome. Suggestions? I'd like something with a lil rubber so it's not as slippery.
    I think you preface all your posts in this thread with the same first sentence..lol.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  23. #2923
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,327
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    All Things Android

    It's really long!

  24. #2924
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    It's really long!
    That's what she said.


    . Look at cruiser light cases as well

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    2 users like macdaddybuff's post: McRib, suncoastsooner


  25. #2925
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    http://www.cruzerlite.com/cases/sams...ng-galaxy-note

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  26. #2926
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,908
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    It's really long!
    That's what she said.

  27. #2927
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,908
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    That's what she said.


    . Look at cruiser light cases as well

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Damn it . . . beat me to it!
    The following users like this post: macdaddybuff


  28. #2928
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    S3 extended battery that adds hardly any thickness. Might take a look if you are wanting more battery life and it might still fit in your outer box case. http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-...medium=twitter

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie


  29. #2929

    Re: All Things Android

    I'm gonna get this bad boy going with my "hubs" set up this weekend. I'll post pics soon...

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    The following users like this post: macdaddybuff


  30. #2930
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Sweet I gave my n7 to my daughter. Looking at the nexus10 or note 10.1 as my next tablet. Let me know what you like about it.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  31. #2931
    eyeballjr's Avatar
    Posts
    1,772
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bartlesville

    U.S. Cellular finally updated my Note 2. I can multi-Task now. Pretty sweet. They also updated the GS3 to Jellybean last night as well.

  32. #2932
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    You guys with the note 2 need to get picsa pro. You can photo shop like a pro with that thing. I have done some nice work with that program.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  33. #2933

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    You guys with the note 2 need to get picsa pro. You can photo shop like a pro with that thing. I have done some nice work with that program.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I have picasa but not pro. I love it! What's the difference between pro and free?

  34. #2934

    Re: All Things Android

    apparently you can get the nexus 10 at Walmart..that is what I was told today

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  35. #2935
    eyeballjr's Avatar
    Posts
    1,772
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bartlesville

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    You guys with the note 2 need to get picsa pro. You can photo shop like a pro with that thing. I have done some nice work with that program.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Was gonna give it a try, but can not find it.

  36. #2936
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    I have picasa but not pro. I love it! What's the difference between pro and free?
    You can insert cut outs of other pictures. Then blend it in to make it look like it belongs. Like so...





    Used these pictures. and another picture.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  37. #2937
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Originally Posted by eyeballjr View Post
    Was gonna give it a try, but can not find it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Gljc2F5cHJvIl0.

    sorry my bad i spelled it wrong. Picsay pro
    The following users like this post: eyeballjr


  38. #2938
    Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    apparently you can get the nexus 10 at Walmart..that is what I was told today

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Its been spotted at a few indeed. Just have to get lucky.... theyve also been seen at some Staples as well.

    Im literally in the process of unlocking my boot, and rooting as I type. Once thats done (it wipes everything, so figured I wouldnt set up to much until I did this) I will set this baby up to my likings and post some screenies, and review!

  39. #2939
    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Gljc2F5cHJvIl0.

    sorry my bad i spelled it wrong. Picsay pro
    Thanks for posting the correction and link. I'd assumed you meant picasa.

  40. #2940
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by ThievingMagpie View Post
    Thanks for posting the correction and link. I'd assumed you meant picasa.
    PicSay pro would be the correct name.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  41. #2941
    Ok, I need help... Im trying to get my tablet set up to my likings (HUBS method) and Im trying to find some text icons to use. I used to use "simple text widget" for what I need but you can only make the words so big, its like 1x1 or 2x1. I want something a tad bit bigger, like 3x2 or 4x2 (90pt+) and in different fonts. I figured I can try and find some icons that are text i.e. "games" "movies" "office" "social" "music" etc. with these specifications. Anyone know where I can find such a thing or maybe an app to use?

  42. #2942
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Ok, I need help... Im trying to get my tablet set up to my likings (HUBS method) and Im trying to find some text icons to use. I used to use "simple text widget" for what I need but you can only make the words so big, its like 1x1 or 2x1. I want something a tad bit bigger, like 3x2 or 4x2 (90pt+) and in different fonts. I figured I can try and find some icons that are text i.e. "games" "movies" "office" "social" "music" etc. with these specifications. Anyone know where I can find such a thing or maybe an app to use?
    Let me look around.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  43. #2943
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Did you try minimalistic text in the market
    Goes up to 4x4. I was wrong goes 5. X1 then does 6x1

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  44. #2944
    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    Did you try minimalistic text in the market
    Goes up to 4x4. I was wrong goes 5. X1 then does 6x1

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I have that, but I dont think it will act as a simple "button" or icon that you can press to activate a specific task can it? I dont think it behaves that way.

    Im wanting to create a word icon that will act as a button that if pushed it will jump to another screen or bring up a certain app etc. through adw ex

  45. #2945
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Yeah I have that, but I dont think it will act as a simple "button" or icon that you can press to activate a specific task can it? I dont think it behaves that way.

    Im wanting to create a word icon that will act as a button that if pushed it will jump to another screen or bring up a certain app etc. through adw ex
    You are right still looking

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  46. #2946
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Text widget in play store just not sure on the size of the widgets

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  47. #2947

    Re: All Things Android

    Ultimately I suppose I can get some photo shopped and just load them as a picture and just use that... I just have zero Photoshop skills

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  48. #2948
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    I could create some stuff for you just let me know what you want

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  49. #2949

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    I could create some stuff for you just let me know what you want

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd like the words music, office, home, movie, social, and games in some sort of elegant cursive white or off white greyish maybe even in color. Decent size, around 90pt or more? Thanks!

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  50. #2950
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,840
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: All Things Android

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    I'd like the words music, office, home, movie, social, and games in some sort of elegant cursive white or off white greyish maybe even in color. Decent size, around 90pt or more? Thanks!

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Will work it out.
    Was messing around and in about 2mins did this I know it's not what you want just sharing haha

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Two new Android phones.
    By SoonerBeerSnob in forum Entertainment & Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 26th, 2014, 02:26 PM
  2. Chromecast for IOS and Android
    By macdaddybuff in forum Entertainment & Tech
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: October 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
  3. Android Sticks
    By Nirvana Norman in forum Entertainment & Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2013, 08:54 PM
  4. Android App for Landthieves?
    By TerminatorX75 in forum Entertainment & Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
  5. All you mofos that have Android phones
    By macdaddybuff in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: July 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM