All Things Android

Posted 1262 day(s) ago by macdaddybuff114550 Views 4240 Replies
Results 3,051 to 3,100 of 4241
Page 62 of 85 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72

Re: All Things Android

Originally Posted by ThievingMagpie View Post
    What music apps are some of you using? A friend of mine got a Razr Maxx after years of iPhones, but has decided he wants to go back to Apple for his next phone, because he says that iTunes handles his music files so much better than whatever he's been using on his Motorola. Anything you guys can recommend in order to keep him from switching back to "the dark side"?
    Win amp, power amp, etc.etc. I actually like the stock Google music app as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

vCash

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Win amp, power amp, etc.etc. I actually like the stock Google music app as well.

Agreed... those are the best. Also what music files is he not handling I mean apple is closed as they get. No reason android should not handle it better. But if he is trying to move over his itunes. Then Doubletwist is what he needs. Also pay for airsync by doubletwist then he won't even have to plug his phone in to move it all over.

also if it is pay as you go music he wants.
    1. spotify - is awesome one price and you can dl or listen to as much music as you want
    2. rdio is just like spotify but you can dowload to your sd card which spotify you can not currently do = This is what I use because it has a family account and sd card storage. I am using 9gb of 32 of my sd card inside my note 2.
    3. Amazon mp3 store
    4. google play store. I think Amazon might be a tad cheaper as a whole than google play.

vCash

07 you still rocking the gnex.. Whats going to be your next phone. That moto x phone looks to be bad ass. Also where is Soonerdude don't see him post anymore.

vCash

All Things Android

Is there an app to use ITunes on an Android?

:: braces for impact ::

vCash

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Is there an app to use ITunes on an Android?

:: braces for impact ::
    Double twist

Sent by My Bad Ass Note 2

vCash

All Things Android

Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    Double twist

An app called that?

Fellow Androiders smarter than me... I'm having a little problem with my Nexus 7 dropping Wi-Fi at my house. ATT UVerse router, and everything has always worked great with the Wi-fi until I added two tablets back in December. Can I overcrowd the router? It's got two phones, two tablets, a PS3 and a Samsung Smart TV sucking on it... Is there a piece of equipment that I can hook in and make a stronger signal. It might just be the wi-fi itself dropping out... but there hadn't been an issue since adding two tabs into the mix. Any advice?

vCash

Yes Doubletwist If You buy air sync bt double twist you can sync with iTunes remotely wirelessly

vCash

All Things Android

Yes Doubletwist If You buy air sync bt double twist you can sync with iTunes remotely wirelessly

I tried it & it worked!! Yay!!! #miracle
    Fanks, dear!!

vCash

I tried it & it worked!! Yay!!! #miracle
    Fanks, dear!!
    No problem.

07 you still rocking the gnex.. Whats going to be your next phone. That moto x phone looks to be bad ass. Also where is Soonerdude don't see him post anymore.
    Yep, and I haven't seen him around either?! The only phone I've looked at recently is the note 2. I'll have to check put a few and see.

vCash

Will it even transfer purchased music as well??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post

Everything in your itunes

vCash

Voice text hates when I have a stuffy nose

The Dark Side

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post

The Dark Side
    Ha!

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post

The Dark Side
    Mods, please merge with "first world problems" thread.

vCash

All Things Android

Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post

Everything in your itunes

This is what I did yesterday. I might have done it the dumbass way bc, well, I'm a technology dumbass, but I DLd the app on the phone, then on my laptop. All the iTunes immediately copied into the app on the laptop, and then literally all I did was plug in the phone & tell it which play lists to sync. Really super easy, even for a dumbass
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

Last edited by McRib; February 16th, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

Do Android phones use universal ports now? Can a person safely use a Samsung phone charger to charge a Motorola Razr?

vCash

Yes typically some work better than others it won't hurt it. But watch to see if it is charging for a sec if it does you should be good.

vCash

This is what I did yesterday. I might have done it the dumbass way bc, well, I'm a technology dumbass, but I DLd the app on the phone, then on my laptop. All the iTunes immediately copied into the app on the laptop, and then literally all I did was plug in the phone & tell it which play lists to sync. Really super easy, even for a dumbass
    I like the air sync then you don't have to plug in your phone to the pc just do it wirelessly.

Yes typically some work better than others it won't hurt it. But watch to see if it is charging for a sec if it does you should be good.

Thanks, M-D.
    Turns out I have what I need, didn't realize that the cube thingy + USB cord = charger. Finally bit the bullet and picked up a RAZR Maxx HD. (I know, should have gotten a Bad Ass Note II ).

Ran a speed test last night on a decent but not excellent WiFi connection, got just 2645 kbps download speed (upload was almost twice as fast). Tried it today on 4G, and SpeedTest registered 24,348 kbps download.

So how do you guys take the screenshots of your phone that you post on here?

Also - any suggestions for a media player app that recognizes and plays .flv, .mpg and other video files? The Google-ty thing that came with the phone apparently only likes .mp4's.

Thanks, M-D.
    Turns out I have what I need, didn't realize that the cube thingy + USB cord = charger. Finally bit the bullet and picked up a RAZR Maxx HD. (I know, should have gotten a Bad Ass Note II ).

Ran a speed test last night on a decent but not excellent WiFi connection, got just 2645 kbps download speed (upload was almost twice as fast). Tried it today on 4G, and SpeedTest registered 24,348 kbps download.

Also - any suggestions for a media player app that recognizes and plays .flv, .mpg and other video files? The Google-ty thing that came with the phone apparently only likes .mp4's.
    Press volume down and power button at same time til it snaps the shoot...

vCash

Thanks, M-D.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yingFLVX0002TL

vCash

I am about ready to run over this Atrix HD . . . stupid nova launcher.

vCash

What problems are you having?

vCash

I made the switch to the nova launcher a while back and it seems to be the cause of most of my issues I think . . . slow to respond, high memory use, etc.

I've switched back to the stock launcher and hope to see it improve.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    I made the switch to the nova launcher a while back and it seems to be the cause of most of my issues I think . . . slow to respond, high memory use, etc.

I've switched back to the stock launcher and hope to see it improve.
    Or try Apex launcher (my fave), or ADW EX, or Go launcher, etc.

vCash

Or try Apex launcher (my fave), or ADW EX, or Go launcher, etc.
    Haven't heard of Apex (I don't think). Might give it a shot.

I've tried Go Launcher before . . . seemed a little sluggish too.

vCash

Is the galaxy 3 any good, I need a new phone?

vCash

Yup my wife and son have one. It's one of the best I have the note 2. To me it's the note 2 is the best phone but size is not for everyone. S3 is my second favorite

I got an S3 today. I love it. I'm glad I ditched the iPhone. How can I jailbreak S3?
    2 users like TenYards's post: Sooners2007, StoopsIsMyHomeboy

Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    I got an S3 today. I love it. I'm glad I ditched the iPhone. How can I jailbreak S3?
    What carrier?

Apex is what I use.

vCash

For those that use spotify this is a must. Since spotify newest app does not give you storage locations anything you download goes to what could be app storage.
    But if you follow instructions below any music that is downloaded will go to your sd card. I love spotify I got away from it but came back because its just the best option of all pay music services.

Found this info on the Spotify forums and thought I'd share it with you guys. It enables Spotify to save your downloaded/offline playlists to your external SD card without using any other apps such as DirectoryBind and Apps2SD and whatever.

Basically you install a previous version of Spotify which supported selecting SD storage (no idea why this feature was removed!) and then upgrading to the latest version while keeping that feature intact.
    • 1. Uninstall Spotify and check that the Spotify folder in sdcard/Android/data has been removed.
    • 2. Install the old version of Spotify from here
    • 3. Start the app and don't log in (if you are logged in auto, log out) and press the menu button and select the SD storage option.
    • 4. Change the standard location to /mnt/extSdCard or /storage/extSdCard and then log in (if it bugs when you log in, just exit the app and try again)
    • 5. Select a single playlist to download/offline play and let it finish downloading before you go to the next step. Don't download all your music here, just a little playlist with a few songs is enough.
    • 6. Go to the Play Store and update the Spotify app to the newest version.
    • 7. Now enable Extreme Quality in the new Spotify app and begin downloading all your play lists Provided you did everything correctly, Spotify will now save all offline/downloaded music to the external SD card now until you uninstall the app (unknown if future updates will break this feature)
    Check via your file browser that Spotify is indeed saving to the external SD before downloading your entire collection If it's not saving to the SD card, the path to the SD card you

Also one thing to note if you have an s3 or Note 2 it will crash after you set storage location and log in for the first time. Just update the app and you should be good. Anything you download will go to sd card.

vCash

Been a couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying my Nexus 7 / Android. The ecosystem is more open than iOS, and I've really liked the console emulators especially.

I'm also trying a lot more Google services. Drive, Voice, Wallet, Play (uploaded about 6500 songs). Google+ is still a wasteland, but Gmail and everything else have been great.

Originally Posted by Sooner Showtime View Post
    Been a couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying my Nexus 7 / Android. The ecosystem is more open than iOS, and I've really liked the console emulators especially.

I'm also trying a lot more Google services. Drive, Voice, Wallet, Play (uploaded about 6500 songs). Google+ is still a wasteland, but Gmail and everything else have been great.
    Welcome to the future!
    The following users like this post: Sooner Showtime

vCash

For those that use spotify this is a must. Since spotify newest app does not give you storage locations anything you download goes to what could be app storage.
    But if you follow instructions below any music that is downloaded will go to your sd card. I love spotify I got away from it but came back because its just the best option of all pay music services.

Found this info on the Spotify forums and thought I'd share it with you guys. It enables Spotify to save your downloaded/offline playlists to your external SD card without using any other apps such as DirectoryBind and Apps2SD and whatever.

Basically you install a previous version of Spotify which supported selecting SD storage (no idea why this feature was removed!) and then upgrading to the latest version while keeping that feature intact.
    • 1. Uninstall Spotify and check that the Spotify folder in sdcard/Android/data has been removed.
    • 2. Install the old version of Spotify from here
    • 3. Start the app and don't log in (if you are logged in auto, log out) and press the menu button and select the SD storage option.
    • 4. Change the standard location to /mnt/extSdCard or /storage/extSdCard and then log in (if it bugs when you log in, just exit the app and try again)
    • 5. Select a single playlist to download/offline play and let it finish downloading before you go to the next step. Don't download all your music here, just a little playlist with a few songs is enough.
    • 6. Go to the Play Store and update the Spotify app to the newest version.
    • 7. Now enable Extreme Quality in the new Spotify app and begin downloading all your play lists Provided you did everything correctly, Spotify will now save all offline/downloaded music to the external SD card now until you uninstall the app (unknown if future updates will break this feature)
    Check via your file browser that Spotify is indeed saving to the external SD before downloading your entire collection If it's not saving to the SD card, the path to the SD card you

Also one thing to note if you have an s3 or Note 2 it will crash after you set storage location and log in for the first time. Just update the app and you should be good. Anything you download will go to sd card.

Time-shifting for Spotify?

I used to do that with Pandora way back when . . .

Anybody know a good, cheap Android device that supports HDMI-out?
    I'm looking to buy something with a cracked screen for under $100 (preferably closer to $50).

For some reason, the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Player 5 don't support HDMI. What the heck is that?
    Anybody have any suggestions? It doesn't need to be a power-horse. I'm just tinkering and want to build a mini-set-top box with some emulators and a bluetooth controller.

vCash

I have a 3g htc droid incredible rooted perfect working order I might part with it for 50 bucks.

vCash

Need to make sure it supports hdmi out I have a mini usb to hdmi mhl adapter somewhere.

Thanks. If it supports audio and video over HDMI, and is capable of running JB, I might be interested.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Anybody know a good, cheap Android device that supports HDMI-out?
    I'm looking to buy something with a cracked screen for under $100 (preferably closer to $50).

For some reason, the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Player 5 don't support HDMI. What the heck is that?
    Anybody have any suggestions? It doesn't need to be a power-horse. I'm just tinkering and want to build a mini-set-top box with some emulators and a bluetooth controller.
    Are you feeling ill?!

vCash

It runs jelly bean through a rom. I think the defualt os the HTC Incredible got to might of been Ice cream sandwich. Does it matter if its a rom or not? Also it will be through a mhl adapter not sure if that matters as well.

It runs jelly bean through a rom. I think the defualt os the HTC Incredible got to might of been Ice cream sandwich. Does it matter if its a rom or not? Also it will be through a mhl adapter not sure if that matters as well.
    Does running through a rom significantly effect performance? If not, it won't bug me. I'll probably need to modify the software to be navigated easily with an SNES controller anyway.

As for needing an adapter for HDMI, that won't bug me at all.

vCash

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Does running through a rom significantly effect performance? If not, it won't bug me. I'll probably need to modify the software to be navigated easily with an SNES controller anyway.

As for needing an adapter for HDMI, that won't bug me at all.
    Typically and I could test out a coupe before I send it to yas. But people run roms because they enhance preformance.

vCash

Also they have apps that will already do this. You can use a wii remote or any blue tooth remote. Think playstation remotes and xbox remotes works as well. But they have apps that will run old games like snesoid and a bunch of others. I have an adapter I plug my xbox360 remote into. I know for a fact wii remotes can do it I used to play double dribble on my tv for this purpose.

Sorry, when I meant does it affect performance, I just meant would JB run a little sluggish on it?
    I know the Incredible doesn't have a great processor by modern standards, but for my purposes right now I'd ideally just need to run a widget-free spring board and some SNES and Genesis ROMs in an emulator.

Also they have apps that will already do this. You can use a wii remote or any blue tooth remote. Think playstation remotes and xbox remotes works as well. But they have apps that will run old games like snesoid and a bunch of others. I have an adapter I plug my xbox360 remote into. I know for a fact wii remotes can do it I used to play double dribble on my tv for this purpose.
    Yeah, I figured there were already a few decent emulators out there.

I'm planning on picking up a Bluetooth module and minicontroller, wiring them in, and using that SNES controller with it.

I did forget to ask, with the HML, can you do HDMI output and charge at the same time?

vCash

Yes. The MHL adapter I have has a charging port on it. So it charges while I play. HDMI yes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...FYqk4AodLTsAXg