Hobby Lobby against "Preventative Services" Mandate

Posted 709 day(s) ago by SoonerSnook18371 Views 1135 Replies
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 13
    SoonerBounce Guest
    good for them.

BTW, what is this "week after pill"

They should also go against the 40 hour work week mandate and child labor laws... I mean if you don't like it dont work there right

DM, are you saying you're boycotting hobby lobby now? You may not agree with them, but those discounts and coupons in the paper sure are hard to pass up.

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    DM, are you saying you're boycotting hobby lobby now? You may not agree with them, but those discounts and coupons in the paper sure are hard to pass up.
    Absolutely not. I believe it's good when anyone or entity pushes back on government and exercises all tools available to them to to challenge something they don't believe in. But to me this is as ridiculous as protesting a 40 hour work week. Unlike you radicals I think the world will be just fine.

Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    They should also go against the 40 hour work week mandate and child labor laws... I mean if you don't like it dont work there right
    Bad analogy.

Yeah there is really no difference between having 5 year olds working in your coal mine and not wanting to pay for other people's birth control.
    2 users like Sancho's post: oucub23, Tundra

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Yeah there is really no difference between having 5 year olds working in your coal mine and not wanting to pay for other people's birth control.

To you radicals there is, to sane society there really isn't.

SoonerBounce Guest

Nice to see you back to your trolling ways

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Nice to see you back to your trolling ways
    I'm bored and your wife is washing the cum out of her hair.

And is it trolling when you really do you know you're an extremist radical and I just type it out?

Yeah, individual freedom is just a hell of a radical concept. It is especially hilarious that you try to portray yourself as Mr Rage Against The Machine yet you consistently guzzle the loads of the collectivists pushing for government oppression and then you ask for seconds.

Love me some government oppression.

Love me some government oppression.
    Yes you have made that clear. Company XYZ is evil and greedy for charging you an "unfair" price on the free market for a product you arent required to buy... But it is OK for the government to force you to buy the the same product whether you want it or not. Rage on, Sheeple.

Oh and not a huge fan of RATM. Kinda hard to be against the man when you sign a big corporate record contract. I prefer Machine Head. To quote the first line of Beautiful Mourning off of The Blackening album... "**** you all"

I've even heard they are willing to close their doors in defense of this. I'm pretty sure they won't, but that's being discussed.

I know it's hard for people without any religious faith to understand, but they TRULY believe in their's and it's hard to argue against it. This company pays their employees EXTREMELY well and provides them with GREAT benefits. They support a ton of the less fortunate too.

I wonder if our government will be willing to take care of the 100s of thousands of people that will be negatively affected if they close up shop? Trust me on this, the ownership behind this company is not your average Joe. They are EXTREMELY faithful.

This could put Hobby Lobby out of business. Then they will blame the govt when in fact it is their own fault for not complying with the law.
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    This could put Hobby Lobby out of business. Then they will blame the govt when in fact it is their own fault for not complying with the law.
    it will be there own fault technically but blame should rest with the government to try and force businesses to provide stuff to their employees that go against their religious beliefs.

Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    I've even heard they are willing to close their doors in defense of this. I'm pretty sure they won't, but that's being discussed.

I know it's hard for people without any religious faith to understand, but they TRULY believe in their's and it's hard to argue against it. This company pays their employees EXTREMELY well and provides them with GREAT benefits. They support a ton of the less fortunate too.

I wonder if our government will be willing to take care of the 100s of thousands of people that will be negatively affected if they close up shop? Trust me on this, the ownership behind this company is not your average Joe. They are EXTREMELY faithful.
    If they shut down their stores, lay off hundreds (thousands?) of people, and damage local economies everywhere all based on this, I submit to y'all that it wouldn't be the first time that religion hurt people.

Government: Ritualistically Sacrifice a child to Cthulhu or we will shut you down.
    Hobby Lobby: Well, we arent going to murder anyone so I guess we will have to shut down.
    beelzeBob: Hobby Lobby's fault for not complying with the law.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    If they shut down their stores, lay off hundreds (thousands?) of people, and damage local economies everywhere all based on this, I submit to y'all that it wouldn't be the first time that religion hurt people.
    wouldn't be the first time the government hurt people either.

Hey beel, just to be clear. This is NOT about money to them. Their employees have EXCELLENT benefits. They REALLY take care of their people. This is more about their beliefs. Whether you agree with the reasoning behind it, you'd have to admit that it's different than why MOST opponents are against this law. I'd bet MOST of the people that work there would like to tell the government to get out of their business as they like their job and the benefits they are already provided. THAT'S what stinks about this law the most. It's punishing companies that are already going above and beyond supporting families and MANY of those families are appreciative of that support, but the government is hell bent on ramming this crazy piece of legislation down everyone's throats regardless of the situation.

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    You mean the first time government hurt people... wait. To Liberals government is religion, so I see what you did there.

Oh and not a huge fan of RATM. Kinda hard to be against the man when you sign a big corporate record contract. I prefer Machine Head. To quote the first line of Beautiful Mourning off of The Blackening album... "**** you all"
    Yeah you are really sticking it to the man, dm! Look at you go!

SoonerBounce Guest
    I have it on good authority that DM does in fact enjoy sticking it to a man

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    I have it on good authority that DM does in fact enjoy sticking it to a man
    on the contrary...dm likes a man sticking it to him...

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Government: Ritualistically Sacrifice a child to Cthulhu or we will shut you down.
    Hobby Lobby: Well, we arent going to murder anyone so I guess we will have to shut down.
    beelzeBob: Hobby Lobby's fault for not complying with the law.
    How can you believe in Cthulhu and the resurrection of Jesus at the same time?

How can you believe in Cthulhu and the resurrection of Jesus at the same time?
    I dont know that anyone does.

Corporations have no rights.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

Didn't SCOTUS pretty much say they have the right to speech?

Re: Hobby Lobby against "Preventative Services" Mandate

Religious beliefs of employers are not protected in a for profit company.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Religious beliefs of employers are not protected in a for profit company.

How about their "rights" to run their company any way they damn well please as long as they "take care" of their employees? In other words, they've taken REALLY good care of their employees over the years BECAUSE of their faith. Now, the government pokes their nose in a place it shouldn't be...I'd bet most of their employees would agree. So, why screw with someone who's been doing things better than most long before this crap legislation? Like I said, there's talk of them closing up shop too.

How about their "rights" to run their company any way they damn well please as long as they "take care" of their employees? In other words, they've taken REALLY good care of their employees over the years BECAUSE of their faith. Now, the government pokes their nose in a place it shouldn't be...I'd bet most of their employees would agree. So, why screw with someone who's been doing things better than most long before this crap legislation? Like I said, there's talk of them closing up shop too.
    Nope. It doesn't matter how well you have treated your employees in the past. A for profit employer's personal religious beliefs are not protected. If it were, employers could start their own religions that don't believe in health insurance. Christian scientist employers would be allowed to deny coverage for chemo therapy. Hell, people could probably be fired and hired based on religious beliefs if allowed.

If they want to close up shop, so be it. They are entitled to not make money. The world will continue without a chain of shitty hobbyist stores.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Health care is a service, just like cable TV. Do I deserve cable TV?

What is bad is the way that delivery of health care, regulations, and collusion between drug companies and health care providers, has caused the price of health care to be much higher than it should be.

If you don't take care of your body, and you end up needing a quadruple bypass that costs $100,000, why should the taxpayers or the other people paying insurance premiums, have to pay for your bypass?
    Would you die if you did not have cable? Wait...maybe.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Corporations don't have a religion, beyond Money Worship.

According to the definition delineated in constitutional legislation, their refusal to offer this specific coverage is the diametric of "taking care" of them.

Did anyone think this would fly?

If by speech you mean the right to donate vast sums of payola to their favorite politicians...yes.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Closing their doors and leaving many without any support AT ALL? Sounds like the government is cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    According to the definition delineated in constitutional legislation, their refusal to offer this specific coverage is the diametric of "taking care" of them.

I think that remains to be seen. This will be challenged.

I think that remains to be seen. This will be challenged.
    Didn't the Supreme Court just say "**** you" to the Green Family?

Didn't the Supreme Court just say "**** you" to the Green Family?

Sonia did. Don't think that means they're going to lay down and roll over.

Attorney: Hobby Lobby to defy morning-after pill insurance requirement while lawsuit's pending

The companies claim the mandate violates the religious beliefs of their owners. They say the morning-after pill is tantamount to abortion because it can prevent a fertilized egg from becoming implanted in a woman's womb.

On Wednesday, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor denied the companies' request for an ****ction while their lawsuit is pending, saying the stores failed to satisfy the demanding legal standard for blocking the requirement on an emergency basis. She said the companies may still challenge the regulations in the lower courts.

In other words, they've taken REALLY good care of their employees over the years BECAUSE of their faith.
    I love the insinuation here: Without faith, the Greens are such terrible human beings that they would **** over anyone they could... Nice.

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    I love the insinuation here: Without faith, the Greens are such terrible human beings that they would **** over anyone they could... Nice.
    That's not the insinuation at all. They have done what they've done because of their faith--that's all that was said. Would they have done the same things if they weren't Christians? I don't know. It doesn't matter. You're trying to apply something to his statement that wasn't in it. I'm watching tv right now because football is on. Would I be watching if no football was on? I dunno. Possibly. Possibly not.

Faith was their motivator. Football is mine.

Good golly you are reaching.

That's not the insinuation at all. They have done what they've done because of their faith--that's all that was said. Would they have done the same things if they weren't Christians? I don't know. It doesn't matter. You're trying to apply something to his statement that wasn't in it. I'm watching tv right now because football is on. Would I be watching if no football was on? I dunno. Possibly. Possibly not.

Faith was their motivator. Football is mine.
    Fair enough, I'm assuming. The statement definitely implies that the only reason they treat their employees so "well" (I don't know how well they are treated) is because they are people of faith.

Have to agree with Hobby Lobby on this one.

Is this what you tell yourself to justify tyranny?

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    Have to agree with Hobby Lobby on this one.
    Religious rights of an employer are not protected in the work place. That is q dangerous place to go if you think Christians who happen to own businesses can dictate the health care options of their employees.

Fair enough, I'm assuming. The statement definitely implies that the only reason they treat their employees so "well" (I don't know how well they are treated) is because they are people of faith.
    That wasn't what I intended. Sorry for the confusion.

Religious rights of an employer are not protected in the work place. That is q dangerous place to go if you think Christians who happen to own businesses can dictate the health care options of their employees.

Um... There's an article in today's Oklahoman about another company getting a restraining order. Couldn't find the link on the Oklahoman's site, but here it is. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2390414.html

I don't understand the position that if you reach a certain level of success, you lose the right to set the course of what your company stands for.