did someone say m'baye is a project?

Posted 680 day(s) ago 2071 Views 45 Replies

OU Hoops did someone say m'baye is a project?

vCash

I thinking he's had an entire year to project.

vCash

Not sure how a 55 second video with only 30 seconds of highlights proves he's anything except a good athlete.
    The following users like this post: the_ouskull

vCash

Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    Not sure how a 55 second video with only 30 seconds of highlights proves he's anything except a good athlete.
    I've seen him play and I think he'll help.

vCash

Good to hear. I can't tell that from the vid, though.

vCash

I went to watch a couple of practices during the first week last year and he was a full participant and I thought he was the best player on the floor. He might not do diddly but like I said I think he'll help.

vCash

He'd have to be a total headcase not to be able to help, as athletic as he is. If you've seen him live outside of a highlight video and he looked good, then I'm sure Kruger will get something out of him.

you must be blind in one eye and can't see out of the other...
    besides great athleticism....he has damn good skills..
    he handles the ball very well and has shooting guard type touch on his outside shots....
    i can't wait to get this season started......

vCash

No, I just thought it was funny that you used a clip with 30 seconds' worth of highlights to try and say that the kid will be really good. 30 seconds' worth of highlights would be completely inadequate for predicting a kid's impact in any sport.

Your excellent track record continues, 87. Keep up the good work.

No, I just thought it was funny that you used a clip with 30 seconds' worth of highlights to try and say that the kid will be really good. 30 seconds' worth of highlights would be completely inadequate for predicting a kid's impact in any sport.

Your excellent track record continues, 87. Keep up the good work.
    are you blind and stupid?
    i used the clip to show that m'baye is not a project....like someone said in another thread...
    there really are no words to describe the level of your stupidity....

vCash

You used a clip with 30 seconds' worth of highlights to try and prove that a basketball player is not a project and I'm the stupid one. Right.

You used a clip with 30 seconds' worth of highlights to try and prove that a basketball player is not a project and I'm the stupid one. Right.
    how much proof do you need dumbazz?

how bout this quote after his attendance at a camp this summer..

Amath M’Baye (Oklahoma, Jr.) – 6’9, 215 lbs. Power Forward
    Somewhat of a mystery going into the Nations, M’Baye earned himself a lot of attention for this upcoming season at Oklahoma. He sat out last season after transferring from Wyoming and looked ready to come in and be a leader for the Sooner. He’s athletic and plays an efficient brand of basketball. He has two years of eligibility remaining, but at 23 years of age the native of France may only be around for one.

vCash

Blake Griffin had good things to say about M'Baye specifically.

vCash

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    how much proof do you need dumbazz?

how bout this quote after his attendance at a camp this summer..
    That doesn't have anything to do with the video. You're still missing the point: 30 seconds of highlights doesn't prove ANYTHING. Now throwing in stuff like soonerprices seeing M'Baye in person with good impressions of him and that quote add a whole lot more credence to "he's not a project" than 30 seconds of edited film, you stupid mongoloid. ****, stay out on your tractor and stop posting here.

That doesn't have anything to do with the video. You're still missing the point: 30 seconds of highlights doesn't prove ANYTHING. Now throwing in stuff like soonerprices seeing M'Baye in person with good impressions of him and that quote add a whole lot more credence to "he's not a project" than 30 seconds of edited film, you stupid mongoloid. ****, stay out on your tractor and stop posting here.
    the video provides plenty of evidence to prove he's not a project....
    you're blind and infinitely stupid

vCash

Mike Houck
    ‏@mhouckOU

@blakegriffin told me yesterday he's impressed w/ competitive nature of @SoonerHoops newcomers. "Amath (M'Baye) is gonna be GOOD." #Sooners

there has been lots of talk about starting lineups and who will play various positions.....mainly wrt m'baye....
    i was convinced he would play mostly around the paint....teamed with either osby or fitz...
    i still think that will likely be the case....but after seeing that video.....it is obvious amath can play on the perimeter and would be a matchup nightmare for most guards in the conference...

did someone say m'baye is a project?

That may have been me. From that video, I retract my comment if it was me, and I think it was. I agree with you, he has balance, ball skills, coordination, pretty good shot, not as skinny as I thought he'd be, gets off the floor well. Much better than what Kruger had last year. Much. I'm a big fan of Lon's.

Originally Posted by NickDangerThirdEye View Post

That may have been me. From that video, I retract my comment if it was me, and I think it was. I agree with you, he has balance, ball skills, coordination, pretty good shot, not as skinny as I thought he'd be, gets off the floor well. Much better than what Kruger had last year. Much. I'm a big fan of Lon's.
    how could you tell all that from a 30 second highlight video?

i think m'baye is going to surprise alot of people this year...

vCash

You ever wonder why you've been hated on every OU board you've posted on? Think about it, ****tard.

You ever wonder why you've been hated on every OU board you've posted on? Think about it, ****tard.
    yeah it pretty obvious....
    dumbazzes like you don't like being told you're wrong....so you have to resort to hating and name calling....

vCash

yeah it pretty obvious....
    dumbazzes like you don't like being told you're wrong....so you have to resort to hating and name calling....
    LOL. You're the one that started the name calling, so I guess that makes you a dumbass, too. Can't even spell dumbass, either, dumbass.

Keep ****in' that chicken.

LOL. You're the one that started the name calling, so I guess that makes you a dumbass, too. Can't even spell dumbass, either, dumbass.

Keep ****in' that chicken.
    it didn't start in this thread...
    quit crying and stay on topic...

vCash

Oh, so now it didn't start in this thread. Riiiiiiiiiight.

vCash

I thought it had a good beat and was easy to dance to.

vCash

ANYWAYS......

You guys think Cam will sit and Amath start? I like Cam and think he has a ton of ability but he has been terribly inconsistent. Only other person I could see sitting is Fitz mostly because his lack of defense and being able to get up and down the court.

i thought it would be amath starting in place of fitz.....
    but it could just as easily be clark sitting....
    kruger definitely has options.....
    i think if kruger leans towards the best scorers.......that will be a combo of osby/fitz/amath
    if he leans towards the best defenders....it will be osby/amath/clark/

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    I went to watch a couple of practices during the first week last year and he was a full participant and I thought he was the best player on the floor. He might not do diddly but like I said I think he'll help.
    I have heard more than one person say this.

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    If he can get the ball up the court and hit a 15 footer then he'll help.

Amath M’Baye (Oklahoma, Jr.) – 6’9, 215 lbs. Power Forward
    Somewhat of a mystery going into the Nations, M’Baye earned himself a lot of attention for this upcoming season at Oklahoma. He sat out last season after transferring from Wyoming and looked ready to come in and be a leader for the Sooner. He’s athletic and plays an efficient brand of basketball. He has two years of eligibility remaining, but at 23 years of age the native of France may only be around for one.
    Leaving early means a lot. Just ask Willie Warren, Tiny, and whatever the **** that guard's name was. I'm sure he's great but I'll wait until he plays in some real games. Osby was said to be the best player on campus two years ago also.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    If he can get the ball up the court and hit a 15 footer then he'll help.

Leaving early means a lot. Just ask Willie Warren, Tiny, and whatever the **** that guard's name was.
    huge difference between warren/gallon/tmg........and m'baye......wrt maturity...

I'm sure he's great but I'll wait until he plays in some real games. Osby was said to be the best player on campus two years ago also.
    he wasn't?

Only one of the layups was contested. None of the jumpers were. And if he thinks he's bringing that jump shot to D1... uh... Looks like a great athlete, and I don't think he's a "project." When I think "project," I think Longar Longar. He's STILL a project.

vCash

huge difference between warren/gallon/tmg........and m'baye......wrt maturity...

Well I hope he's mature. Can you tell that from the video too? I'm just saying just because someone says they're that good doesn't mean they are. Try waiting until he actually shows us something.

he wasn't?

Well it's not like he went to the NBA after last year. From the way everyone talked I was waiting for Wilt to walk out there. And Wilt would have been the best player in that bunch even being dead 10 years.

vCash

Way to derail the thread silver.

Well I hope he's mature. Can you tell that from the video too?
    yes...i can.....
    if he wasn't mature...he wouldn't have even been in a video.....because he wouldn't have been invited to the adidas camp and likely wouldn't have been allowed by kruger to go ...

I'm just saying just because someone says they're that good doesn't mean they are. Try waiting until he actually shows us something.
    try waiting for what? to say he's great?
    read my op closely.....the only thing i implied is that he is not a project....as someone had said in another thread

Wellit's not like he went to the NBA after last year. From the way everyone talked I was waiting for Wilt to walk out there. And Wilt would have been the best player in that bunch even being dead 10 years.
    i don't think you understand what "best player on the team" means..

vCash

Have a good day.

Have a good day.
    wise move

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    i'm guessing there is an impressive 30 sec video out there for nick thompson or tyler neal or longar longar or cj washington, etc
    The following users like this post: silverwheels

vCash

Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Way to derail the thread silver.
    It's an 87 thread. Was going to happen anyway so I took one for the team.

2 users like 87sooner's post: AZMatt91, soonerintn

He is the greatest player to wear a Sooner uniform since Jesus.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    He is the greatest player to wear a Sooner uniform since Jesus.
    Don't think OP was praising him that much. He's a great player and he's just now starting to get comfortable(at the right time I might add).

Originally Posted by AZMatt91 View Post
    Don't think OP was praising him that much. He's a great player and he's just now starting to get comfortable(at the right time I might add).
    I know I'm just saying in general.
    Just like before we played KSU, we were going to beat KSU and win 2 in the tournament.

He looks like a good player and he just had a great game against Texas.
    The following users like this post: AZMatt91

vCash

Really glad to see the light turn on lately. Hope he can keep it up cause I think we still have a decent shot at NCAA tourny.

vCash

M'Baye without question has need more consistency in his game. It appears with the start of conference season he is getting there. For conference games he is averaging 11.2 point on 51.2% shooting, 4.6 rebounds, .4 blocks. Meanwhile Osby has averaged 18.8, Hield 10.0 and Pledger 9.8.

I will be thrilled if he finishes the conference season averaging 12.5 pts, 5.5 rbs and .5 blocks. Definitely more than a project. Not close to reaching his potential.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    I know I'm just saying in general.
    Just like before we played KSU, we were going to beat KSU and win 2 in the tournament.
    Really don't think anybody was saying that...
    There were two camps: people who thought we had no chance against KSU, and people who thought we had a chance if we played well.

mbaye......20 and 7 against the baylor bigs........huge game....
    yes...he's a project......an nba project....