Posted 764 day(s) ago by usaosooner126677 Views 3789 Replies
Page 6 of 76 4 5 6 7 8 16 56
    Ballgame!

5-0!

Boomer!

Game 2 will be on Soonersports.tv in about 30 minutes

Choplick goes 5 ip allows an unearned run on a single hit with 6 so
    Garza goes 2 ip allows 3 hits and a run, walked 2 with 3 so
    Jacob Evans closed it out throwing 2 ip, allowed 1 hit no runs no walks and 5 so

Sooners made 4 errors giving them 15 errors in just 5 games
    The following users like this post: DHF

We need to get these errors cleaned up and I think we can as the season progresses and we need to shore up the defense.
    The following users like this post: usaosooner

Game 2 underway now

Im getting busy but i'll post some twitter updates from time to time

1-0 OU still hitting with bases loaded bottom of the 2nd

2-0 OU scores on a double steal. Top of 3

nice

OU leads 6-1 top of 7th Pine Bluff has 2 on 1 out

OU got out of the jam same score heading to the bottom of the 7th. OU pitchers have struck out 21 batters tonight so far in the double header.

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    We need to get these errors cleaned up and I think we can as the season progresses and we need to shore up the defense.
    This is my concern. We're 6-0. Looks great, but we've only had 1 game with 0 errors and 3 games with 3 or more. That's disconcerting. Perhaps it's just b/c it's early, but I would like to see us clean it up before the series with Pepperdine.

I think we'll have to pump the breaks on our excitement until we really play something. This team looks like it could be good, and we know we have the pitching, but as we learned in 2011, we need to wait until we get to the heart of the schedule.

This team has the tools to be something very special. First and foremost they have got to get it together in field. We will never make it if we are posting errors on the board every game. It is too early to cast judgment either way. They are going to have to play error free baseball to make a run. Second, the bullpen will have to pull their weight and I have no doubt they will. 3rd keep doing it at the plate! We have not exactly faced lights out pitching so again it is hard to judge whether or not this lineup is a legit contender. I think this team want to win and I think they know they can do it. In our come from behind games it was like they just said "Okay, let win now" and then turned it on and did it.

We gotta find a 3rd starter but I think that could be by committee. This could be a hit or miss team, they either make a run or they fall flat on their face come mid-season.

25 guys pulling on the same rope!

Boomer!

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    This team has the tools to be something very special. First and foremost they have got to get it together in field. We will never make it if we are posting errors on the board every game. It is too early to cast judgment either way. They are going to have to play error free baseball to make a run. Second, the bullpen will have to pull their weight and I have no doubt they will. 3rd keep doing it at the plate! We have not exactly faced lights out pitching so again it is hard to judge whether or not this lineup is a legit contender. I think this team want to win and I think they know they can do it. In our come from behind games it was like they just said "Okay, let win now" and then turned it on and did it.

We gotta find a 3rd starter but I think that could be by committee. This could be a hit or miss team, they either make a run or they fall flat on their face come mid-season.

25 guys pulling on the same rope!

Boomer!
    As with any championship quest, it will require some luck but we sure as hell can't continue to post 3+ errors every game. That will cost us more often than not, so we have to get the defensive side of things cleaned up. That being said, we're only 6 games into the season and this might just be knocking some rust off. But, if it lingers, this becomes our biggest liability.

In addition to that, metes brings up an interesting point about keeping it going at the plate. This team needs to be aggressive. We haven't faced any legit pitching yet, but there are too many good teams to think we can hang around and then just turn it on at some point. We have the horses in the bullpen to be very good, but we must continually be aggressive at the plate.

They also need to get hot at the right time. Winning is good but turning the heat up late in the year is always good!

I searched the internets and couldn't find it, I guess OUr guys made the SC top 10 last night. Anyone go the vid?

Dillon Overton is badass. My son played against him at state.

Originally Posted by CrimsonHeaven View Post
    Dillon Overton is badass. My son played against him at state.
    We played against him at state too. He's a beast.

OU has got to reduce its infield errors. It’s been way too sloppy.

We could soon be looking as some personnel changes in the line up if players don't stop making the same mistakes.

Our batters for the most part have looked very good and I think we have a pretty deep pitching staff that will be more noticeable as the season progresses.

I've noticed that our 1B have had problems picking the ball out of the dirt. It's like every single ball that's thrown low is going past them.

3rd keep doing it at the plate! We have not exactly faced lights out pitching so again it is hard to judge whether or not this lineup is a legit contender.
    Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    In addition to that, metes brings up an interesting point about keeping it going at the plate. This team needs to be aggressive. We haven't faced any legit pitching yet, but there are too many good teams to think we can hang around and then just turn it on at some point.
    Guys, we may get our first test at the plate this weekend. Take a look at the guy we face on Saturday. It's just one game, but damn. Saturday: Texas A&M Corpus Christi- Sr. RHP Trevor Foss (Janesville, Wis.): 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 9.0 IP, 1 BB, 15 SO

Ha, well, I'll need a slightly larger body of work, but that is an impressive game for sure. Hopefully we'll get the bats going.

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Guys, we may get our first test at the plate this weekend. Take a look at the guy we face on Saturday. It's just one game, but damn. Saturday: Texas A&M Corpus Christi- Sr. RHP Trevor Foss (Janesville, Wis.): 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 9.0 IP, 1 BB, 15 SO
    He has the best game of his life against Texas Pan American, he is going to have to do that again if he want to keep OU off the board. aTmCC's opening day starter got his tits twisted hard. We just gotta play solid D and keep it up at the plate and all will be grand!

OU tied with Iowa top of 3rd 0-0

OU baseball should have a stronger radio signal particularly when the games are not on TV

Still tied bottom of 5th Iowa hitting

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    We played against him at state too. He's a beast.

Which team? Mine played at Newcastle.

Bottom 7. OU up 1 - 0. Runners on first and 2nd for Iowa with 1 out. Need a dp. Very nice weather in CC today.

He has the best game of his life against Texas Pan American, he is going to have to do that again if he want to keep OU off the board. aTmCC's opening day starter got his tits twisted hard. We just gotta play solid D and keep it up at the plate and all will be grand!
    LMFAO!!

Sooners up 2-0 entering B8.

2-0 entering 9th. Overton 8ip 7 hits 9 so 0 BB

Finish strong dillon.

1st and 2nd 1 out OU batting

Hermelyn singles in a run 3-0

uh oh we made a pitching change

Tasin in to try and close it out he gets a groundball out to ss to start off the 9th

now a walk 2 on 2 out. The guy that walked is hitting .056 on the year and walked on 4 pitches

strikeout to end it! OU wins 3-1!!
    The following users like this post: DHF

Overton goes to 3-0 with a 0.38 era and 25:1 strikeout to walk ratio
    The following users like this post: melbitoast

I see many low scoring games in our future this season. But with the arms we have I think we can afford a little bit of time to get the bats going.

Originally Posted by CrimsonHeaven View Post
    Which team? Mine played at Newcastle.
    Berryhill

Nice win for the guys today. Overton is off to a great start.

Dillon dominated use and their 2 hole kid was a stud as well.