Your Recruiting Thoughts & Rants

Posted 787 day(s) ago by usaosooner233026 Views 3016 Replies
Page 11 of 61 9 10 11 12 13 21
    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    What is the relevance of Justin Brown leaving to getting a speedster?
    we dont have an experienced returned sans finch/clay and i think clay will get less chances with how well he played at the end of this season...we should find a few speedsters...i know ross is supposed to be real fast and we have saunders for another year...just saying that adding a kid who is small and blisteringly fast is a proven commodity

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    we dont have an experienced returned sans finch/clay and i think clay will get less chances with how well he played at the end of this season...we should find a few speedsters...i know ross is supposed to be real fast and we have saunders for another year...just saying that adding a kid who is small and blisteringly fast is a proven commodity
    Justin Brown/Alex Ross and small, blisteringly fast don't go together. Brown was neither, but was a good return player. Ross is tall and perhaps "real fast."

Justin Brown/Alex Ross and small, blisteringly fast don't go together. Brown was neither, but was a good return player. Ross is tall and perhaps "real fast."
    Alex Ross is a big dude and very fast. I've seen this kid play a lot and he is a baller for sure, once he gets on the field it will be hard for coach to want to replace him.

I think Ross won the 100m last year. I could be wrong though. He's a legit 10.3 guy.

Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    I think Ross won the 100m last year. I could be wrong though. He's a legit 10.3 guy.
    Hes a good open field runner but he will also truck your ass too! I really think he's our next big time RB. Jmo

Usao just want to say thanks for all you do on this board! My question is on Nico Falah current USC committ. Reports say Kelly was in his home a couple of nights ago and he is still looking. He was not at all happy hearing of the Philly hiring today. OU is still very much in play, Gundy apparently has been recruiting him for quite some time. Are you hearing anything ? Again Thanks.

What about dontre Wilson? He's a stud and I'd hate to see him end up at ut or osu.

Still need LB help in the worst way!

That's reported to be his best time. Just like players are listed at 6'3", but they're really 6'2", Ross' 100 meter time might be a little higher than that. Fast, of course. However, he's not small, like we're discussing.

Look at what I found!!!

Either way 10.3 or 10.6 is extremely fast for his size.

I couldn't remember. I thought he ran a 10.3 in the prelims. I was off by .3 of a second...sue me

I couldn't remember. I thought he ran a 10.3 in the prelims. I was off by .3 of a second...sue me
    If we could only make him about 5'6" like Trindon Holiday...

They are saying on OUinsider that D. Alexander is visiting Arkie right now. Should we be concerned about that or just nothing.

Originally Posted by Hotrod33 View Post
    They are saying on OUinsider that D. Alexander is visiting Arkie right now. Should we be concerned about that or just nothing.
    Don't be concerned

There is some kids from Dallas Carter on Oklahomas campus right now
    The following users like this post: Hotrod33

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post

There is some kids from Dallas Carter on Oklahomas campus right now
    for 2013, or next year's class?

Your Recruiting Thoughts & Rants

What recruiting web site offerers the best 'bang for the buck' as far as the paying subscription service?

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    What recruiting web site offerers the best 'bang for the buck' as far as the paying subscription service?
    Covering everything. ESPN insider through SoonerNation. Irs cheap and you'll get atleast "read only" access to everything under the ESPN insider label Rivals while more expensive has better insiders and more recruiting eyeballs in Texas

Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post
    No clue

Covering everything. ESPN insider through SoonerNation. Irs cheap and you'll get atleast "read only" access to everything under the ESPN insider label Rivals while more expensive has better insiders and more recruiting eyeballs in Texas
    To add to this, I only use espn, but I'm pretty happy with it. As usao says, it's really cheap, you get access to the entire site, and a hard copy magazine every week. It's not a very good mag, but it's something to read in the shitter.

I had rivals, scout and 247 at one time or another. I got tired of all the smoke being blown up are asses that I decided not to renew. You have way too many sunshine pumpers thinking that their is nothing wrong with our team or coaches when they recruit. They are so blind to the truth is laughable.

Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post
    It's both. There's 2 guys from 2013(highly doubt they offer) and supposed to be 3 for the 2014 class. Depending on if everyone made it(Hampton)

This is one of the few schools I have an inside source at

Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post
    To add to this, I only use espn, but I'm pretty happy with it. As usao says, it's really cheap, you get access to the entire site, and a hard copy magazine every week. It's not a very good mag, but it's something to read in the shitter.
    TMI

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    It's both. There's 2 guys from 2013(highly doubt they offer) and supposed to be 3 for the 2014 class. Depending on if everyone made it(Hampton)

Nice

Nice
    Benjamin Breaux is one of the 2013 guys there. Was hurt his Jr year and was still recovering this year. My buddy is a coach there and said if he hadn't got hurt would be as well known as Hampton and would have multiple Big 12 offers. Doubt we offer him but if he doesn't get any major offers he'll end up at Blinn and may be an option a year or two fromnow.

Benjamin Breaux is one of the 2013 guys there. Was hurt his Jr year and was still recovering this year. My buddy is a coach there and said if he hadn't got hurt would be as well known as Hampton and would have multiple Big 12 offers. Doubt we offer him but if he doesn't get any major offers he'll end up at Blinn and may be an option a year or two fromnow.

Thats exactly who i was thinking of. I would go ahead and offer him a preferred walk on spot if his grades are in order thats just me
    The following users like this post: huntinsooner

ok, thanks for the info

I saw David Smith and Alex Ross at an OU BBall game this year, and physically David Smith was far superior. Ross was tall and thin, looked more like a WR, Smith was well built. This was just the eye test, I am excited to see both of them in game action.

We really need to land Outlaw. I would say Cochran but the way today is going he'll likely be committed to Cal before the night is over

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/OUA14

Anyone know any prospects out of Austin or is this something else

So USAO, what are your thoughts about our recruiting finish??? I see a couple of OL hopefuls are going elsewhere. Can we still finish with any bang????

Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    Can we still finish with any bang????
    On the Oline sure we CAN but will we is the question. I doubt we lead for anyone left on our board currently. Harrison is going to be a Horn. so go ahead and write him off. Johnson a Husker We really need two out of Outlaw,Cochran, Chongo but i doubt we can pull that off.

In short I expect another round of offers
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

On the Oline sure we CAN but will we is the question. I doubt we lead for anyone left on our board currently. Harrison is going to be a Horn. so go ahead and write him off. Johnson a Husker We really need two out of Outlaw,Cochran, Chongo but i doubt we can pull that off.

In short I expect another round of offers

Thanks for the info...... Still hopeful.

It's amazing that we can't get any olinemen to play for us. You have to wonder what is going on with those coaches of ours.

What about Boyd? Or the freeman kid that's committed to wsu

Originally Posted by Boomer60 View Post
    What about Boyd? Or the freeman kid that's committed to wsu
    Something in Boyds game has turned all the coaches off of him. I don't know a thing about Freeman

Something in Boyds game has turned all the coaches off of him. I don't know a thing about Freeman
    Something in the coaches recruiting has turned all the players off of them. Just sayin'.

hes a 3 star offensive guard from Midwest city

Usao what instate kids would you want OU to go after?

Re: Your Recruiting Thoughts & Rants

So with UCLA getting Foreman and Johnson and still being in on Willis and Goodman, are they just going to fill their class with DBs and OL??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

If we are talking about in state on the interior Oline I have no idea. Boyd is highly ranked but doesn't seem to be on the radar. Maybe Blake Mejia? Ryne Yost? But i doubt very seriously they are on the radar. Oklahoma doesn't produce high FBS lineman very often. I'd take a flyer on a committed kid out of Texas there is a center from Mansfeld who would make a good guard

If you weren't talking about interior OL ing general I'd say Devin Rolan LB

If we are talking about in state on the interior Oline I have no idea. Boyd is highly ranked but doesn't seem to be on the radar. Maybe Blake Mejia? Ryne Yost? But i doubt very seriously they are on the radar. Oklahoma doesn't produce high FBS lineman very often. I'd take a flyer on a committed kid out of Texas there is a center from Mansfeld who would make a good guard

If you weren't talking about interior OL ing general I'd say Devin Rolan LB
    Is Rolan that good?

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Is Rolan that good?
    I think he is the last kid in the state who has Big12 ability

I'd try to get a few from Lawton...you have Yost, Chandler, Graham...who am I forgetting? Lawton is stacked with d1 material year in and year out. I guess tech we got Ward although he moved to OKC

It almost feels like either recruiting is over or we are in a dead period. Or maybe some of our coaches are being frozen ala Ted Williams.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    It almost feels like either recruiting is over or we are in a dead period. Or maybe some of our coaches are being frozen ala Ted Williams.
    the last 2 days have been really nice, prob some good golfing to be had...no time for recruiting

The coaches are being paid to recruit not play golf. They can do that after NLOI Day when they's signed the class. Think Saban and his crew are taking the weekend off?

Most important targets for Big 12 schools.
    Oklahoma. L.J. Moore, CB, (Fresno, Calif./Central East) – The Sooners hosted the Top247 prospect as he was in Norman the weekend of Jan. 11 but Arizona State and Oregon State are going to be tough to beat. Oklahoma will likely land sleeper defensive tackle Matthew Romar soon though.

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Ar...targets-112472