Your Recruiting Thoughts & Rants

Posted 725 day(s) ago by usaosooner230707 Views 3016 Replies
Page 13 of 61 3 11 12 13 14 15 23

With three 2013 guys visiting this weekend I would like to think OU could get at least one verbal sometime soon. I guess we will see.

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    With three 2013 guys visiting this weekend I would like to think OU could get at least one verbal sometime soon. I guess we will see.
    Other than the OT from Georgia, who are the other two? I missed them........the DT out of Tx (Romar?)???????

Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
    Other than the OT from Georgia, who are the other two? I missed them........the DT out of Tx (Romar?)???????
    Josh Outlaw
    Matthew Romar
    George Adeosun
    The following users like this post: Saul Good

Josh Outlaw
    Matthew Romar
    George Adeosun
    From what Ive seen so far, no commits today.

If we're going to get a commitment from that group it'll be after they all get home. We don't push commitments while they are on campus

That makes sense.

I see Lamar robbins verbaled to South Florida

USAO you think it'll pay off having Norvel take over East Texas recruiting area? It feels like we've been lacking in that area recently.

Stoops at Lamar HS in Houston today.

That kid looks like a beast.

Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    That kid looks like a beast.
    That's Kittle's latest "sleeper".
    2 users like mgsooner's post: pbl, Sooner 76

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    USAO you think it'll pay off having Norvel take over East Texas recruiting area? It feels like we've been lacking in that area recently.
    It'll work

Who is that little guy

Originally Posted by sooner9582 View Post
    Who is that little guy
    Our starting LT in 2 yrs. Kittle is killing it.
    2 users like OU812's post: pillmanj, Wailer

Romar - another nice pickup but at a quality level a notch below what we are used to signing. Won't play for 3 yrs unless we have to throw him in, way undersized. Beat out Houston, Tulsa, Utah, North Texas.

Overall, looking at this class, outside of two decent offensive players and maybe a couple on D, it's just OK. No superstars, no track sprinters, no powerlifting studs, just OK. We're not going to be a top 5 team with these guys. Kittle/Patton and Shipp continue sub-par recruiting.

Originally Posted by ab5sr View Post
    Romar - another nice pickup but at a quality level a notch below what we are used to signing. Won't play for 3 yrs unless we have to throw him in, way undersized. Beat out Houston, Tulsa, Utah, North Texas.

Overall, looking at this class, outside of two decent offensive players and maybe a couple on D, it's just OK. No superstars, no track sprinters, no powerlifting studs, just OK. We're not going to be a top 5 team with these guys. Kittle/Patton and Shipp continue sub-par recruiting.
    Somtimes track stars fall down when they touch the ball and sometimes power lifting guys never see the field. Maybe these guys are just football players and we will be surprised or at least I hope that's the case.

We have no way of what they will do the next few yrs. A lot of people get caught up way too much with stars and then are disappointed when these recruits don't perform. (Aka RJ Washington)
    2 users like Hotrod33's post: drspencer, jmizzy4ou

Derek Tyson @DerekTysonESPN
    Oklahoma has offered 2014 Florida DT commit Travonte Valentine. #Sooners #Gators

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...lentine-129073

Verbaled to UF on 7/29/2012

How many schollies are we exactly giving out? What remaining recruits do u want?

From what I understand OU's 2013 class could be as large as 26. They are at 21 now. A couple OL & LB commits would probably close it out to everyone's liking.

From what I understand OU's 2013 class could be as large as 26. They are at 21 now. A couple OL & LB commits would probably close it out to everyone's liking.
    Nlight1, it won't be to everyone's liking. Someone will gripe and/or complain about a certain player that we should have got. Just sayin'.

You guys give the coaches too much room to breathe. He is listed as a ****ing linebacker in high school at 195 which means that he is probably closer to 185 and doesn't have the speed to play in the secondary. Retards like you make it easy for the coaching staff to underperform.

and USAO... the link you gave says he is 6'1... why do you constantly add an inch or 10 lbs. to players on here? ****ing dumb.

I stand corrected thank you.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    You guys give the coaches too much room to breathe. He is listed as a ****ing linebacker in high school at 195 which means that he is probably closer to 185 and doesn't have the speed to play in the secondary. Retards like you make it easy for the coaching staff to underperform.
    Or if you would do your research before running your ****ing mouth, you would know that he's listed as a SS/OLB. And he plays both in highschool, not just LB. Mike Stoops was the one to offer and I think I'll trust him more then some jackass like you.

Or if you would do your research before running your ****ing mouth, you would know that he's listed as a SS/OLB. And he plays both in highschool, not just LB. Mike Stoops was the one to offer and I think I'll trust him more then some jackass like you.
    Scout lists him as OLB, MLB. You ****. Yeah, Mike did a nice job with the linebackers this year! Nothing better than gap control with undersized linebackers!!! lol

Scout lists him as OLB, MLB. You ****. Yeah, Mike did a nice job with the linebackers this year! Nothing better than gap control with undersized linebackers!!! lol
    So Scout is the end all be all? Didn't realize that. Hmm who recruited those linebackers? Was it Mike? Or was it the guy who lost his job to Mike? Yeah he should of ran a different scheme and most likely will next year.

Back to the point though, listed as a Safety by Rivals. ****

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/foo...Quinnie-146479

So Scout is the end all be all? Didn't realize that. Hmm who recruited those linebackers? Was it Mike? Or was it the guy who lost his job to Mike? Yeah he should of ran a different scheme and most likely will next year.

Back to the point though, listed as a Safety by Rivals. ****

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/foo...Quinnie-146479
    You are the ****. ****.
    The following users like this post: ab5sr

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Our starting LT in 2 yrs. Kittle is killing it.
    In 5 years, he'll be a first round pick.

You are the ****. ****.

and USAO... the link you gave says he is 6'1... why do you constantly add an inch or 10 lbs. to players on here? ****ing dumb.
    The ESPN guys 6'1-6'2 the Rivals guys say 6'1-6'2 height and weight fluctuate between all kids profiles. I usually either go with a average

and i cleared his thread up. Keep that shit here
    The following users like this post: oudidntknow84

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    The ESPN guys 6'1-6'2 the Rivals guys say 6'1-6'2 height and weight fluctuate between all kids profiles. I usually either go with a average

and i cleared his thread up. Keep that shit here
    Those recruits should know the truth... they are undersized and can't stop the run. Don't come to a school where you are going to play gap control. Worst. Decision. Ever.

****es be crazy.

Anyhoo, are we going to lose out on LJ Moore and Adrian Baker? I really wanted Robbins as well but there's a strong possibility we don't get any of them.

**** **** ass!

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Somtimes track stars fall down when they touch the ball and sometimes power lifting guys never see the field. Maybe these guys are just football players and we will be surprised or at least I hope that's the case.
    I hope so. With how early everyone seems to be playing kids these days we should know soon. If they turn out great I'll go on record now as saying that I will never look at a recruiting rankings list again.

I hope so. With how early everyone seems to be playing kids these days we should know soon. If they turn out great I'll go on record now as saying that I will never look at a recruiting rankings list again.
    Just for grins, last year's class was 10th ranked by Rivals and averaged 3.42 stars per player by my calculations. This year's verbals average 3.23.

Looks like OU is offering anyone now.. Just keep the schollies for next year, I see 2 maby 3 that could play next season but a average at best class so far..

Kish is the LB coach. Of course, you knew that, which is why you brought up Mike. Who recruited these undersized LBs?

Those recruits should know the truth... they are undersized and can't stop the run. Don't come to a school where you are going to play gap control. Worst. Decision. Ever.
    Brent Venables is an excellent recruiter of the wrong LBs...

Ole Miss got that money

“@bartonsimmons: Suddenly there appears to be a reasonable scenario where #OleMiss lands the top 3 players in the country: http://t.co/7Sc9NriI #SigningDay”

JC Shurburtt‏@jcshurburtt
    If Tunsil does end up at #OleMiss I think it gives them a shot at the No. 1 overall class. #SigningDay

@ScoutKennedy: Don't know if this is out there already or not, but I'm hearing 5-Star OT Laremy Tunsil is a done deal to Ole Miss. http://t.co/pRe5ZAIh

Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    Ole Miss got that money

“@bartonsimmons: Suddenly there appears to be a reasonable scenario where #OleMiss lands the top 3 players in the country: http://t.co/7Sc9NriI #SigningDay”

If Tunsil does end up at #OleMiss I think it gives them a shot at the No. 1 overall class. #SigningDay

@ScoutKennedy: Don't know if this is out there already or not, but I'm hearing 5-Star OT Laremy Tunsil is a done deal to Ole Miss. http://t.co/pRe5ZAIh
    Wow....

doesn't this have to attract some attention? no way he gets top 3 kids

Money. It's how the SEC recruits. Nothing is ever done about it. Yet, other schools get hammered for lesser shit.

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    Just for grins, last year's class was 10th ranked by Rivals and averaged 3.42 stars per player by my calculations. This year's verbals average 3.23.
    Yeh. We won't know if last year's class is any good until either end of next season or maybe season after. Takes a couple of years right? Used to take 3-4, but now since everyone is playing so early, 2 IMHO.

Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    Ole Miss got that money

Alot of people think things are fishy at Ole Miss. http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...bert-nkemdiche

Any one know anything about this Dakota Austin kid that's coming in this weekend? Looks like he's a 13 CB out of Lancaster, TX. Is he a late bloomer, grade issue, or are we just reaching for bodies right now?

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Alot of people think things are fishy at Ole Miss. http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...bert-nkemdiche
    I would love for this whole thing to blow up and expose all of the SEC.
    The following users like this post: srburkhart

Last edited by drspencer; February 1st, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Yeh. We won't know if last year's class is any good until either end of next season or maybe season after. Takes a couple of years right? Used to take 3-4, but now since everyone is playing so early, 2 IMHO.
    Couldn't agree more. I guess I didn't make my point sufficiently clear.

My intended point was that people considered last year's class to be good, yet many are on the edge of the cliff about this year's class. I was comparing the stars to try to give people a little perspective. It's not that different by the poor metric of star comparison, but that's the only metric we have right now.

As I say in scientific circles, "Criterion performance always beats the predictor variable(s)."

Here's to having a shitty Texas team roll up 66 points on you and still getting a top 5 class out of nowhere.......