So tender

Rick should put his dipstick in Beth.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

The Walking Dead Season 3

Whoa. Nutty Rick is fun.

Well Rick has snapped fully
    The following users like this post: D-Town Sooner

Shane was right. Rick ain't made for this world.
    Last edited by oorah_okie; February 10th, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Tyrese isn't going anywhere. The show always has 1 black guy. C'mon producers, your better than that.

Somebody had crazy for breakfast
    The following users like this post: McRib

Forgot Talking Dead got extended to one hour.. niceeee

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Rick needs a demotion. All hail Carl.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Well you're a Canadian and accepted as gay. Its OK I'm sure they can replace your viewership.
    American living in Canada, so **** off.

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    American living in Canada, so **** off.
    We have a sensitive canuck.

Question: thinking about Season 2: Glenn and Maggie went to the pharmacy to get pregnancy test. No problems. Then they go back again and a walker is in the pharmacy. How did it get in there if they have no thought, just mindless actions? It cant open the door, so what up?

They just read macdaddybuffs tweet on talking dead

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Man, Rick really losing it. They need help, and he turned away some good people. With Daryl gone, maybe Glenn or Herschel needs to take charge.

Glen, def. Moar Glen!

Glen is the most consistent character with morals and leadership. Rick has lost his mind, Glen is the new boss until Rick finds it.

Good first episode back... Glenn with the zombie kill of the week.

Andrea... still ready for someone to put one between her eyes.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Question: thinking about Season 2: Glenn and Maggie went to the pharmacy to get pregnancy test. No problems. Then they go back again and a walker is in the pharmacy. How did it get in there if they have no thought, just mindless actions? It cant open the door, so what up?
    Some zombies are more capable than others. hell we had a fence climbing zombie in season 1. i think its accepted canon that zombies try to get into everywhere searching for food

Ghost Lori, huh?

And with Allen and Tyrese joining, that's two of the original comic book gang joining up. Both of them resemble their alter egos too.

Edit:

Spoiler:
    And apparently Allen's wife, Donna, won't be appearing on the show. Or his youngest son..

If we have to put up with Ghost Lori, then I'm out. Just finished re-watching, kinda boring last 20 minutes.

I wanted to see the one guy try and take out Carl... Carl would have kicked his ass.

Why does Tyrese's daughter have the wrong name?

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Why does Tyrese's daughter have the wrong name?
    I'm not sure exactly who that is. She looks too old to be his daughter.

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    I'm not sure exactly who that is. She looks too old to be his daughter.
    I think it is his sister or wife. They could not show what goes down with the daughter b/f on tv so they just wrote it out and added more characters and a different backstory. Kind of like they got rid of the twin boys and that entire family because of how they meet their end.

Ghost Lori, huh?

And with Allen and Tyrese joining, that's two of the original comic book gang joining up. Both of them resemble their alter egos too.

Edit:

Spoiler:
    And apparently Allen's wife, Donna, won't be appearing on the show. Or his youngest son..
    I think ghost lori is the TV show's version of the phone with lori's voice. That way their main character isn't waling around with a phone in his back pocket.....he just hallucinates. I hope Tyrese sticks around. His character would be good for Rick to have around, he is also a natural leader.

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    I think it is his sister or wife. They could not show what goes down with the daughter b/f on tv so they just wrote it out and added more characters and a different backstory. Kind of like they got rid of the twin boys and that entire family because of how they meet their end.
    Ben and Billy were Allen and Donna's twin boys. Ben is with Allen in the show. But he's like at least twelve years older than his comic counterpart.

I think ghost lori is the TV show's version of the phone with lori's voice. That way their main character isn't waling around with a phone in his back pocket.....he just hallucinates. I hope Tyrese sticks around. His character would be good for Rick to have around, he is also a natural leader.
    Tyrese is sticking around. And Daryl is coming back. That's my prediction.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

Tyrese is sticking around. And Daryl is coming back. That's my prediction.
    Until then, does Ghost Lori roam the prison moaning "CARRRLLLLL!" ?

The group sucks without Daryl. Daryl needs to comeback and lead the group. The Guv is a crazy ass poo c.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Shane was right. Rick ain't made for this world.
    Nope...Shane wasn't made for this world...Shane just went full retard with his best friends wife and kid....and then wanted to kill his best friend because he came back.

Rick has LED the group for a while now, all while dealing with what happened with his wife and shane, and his wife getting pregnant. I think it's ok that he has snapped a bit.

After weeks of looking forward to a new episode, I found myself slightly disappointed.
    2 users like Orange is ugly's post: oorah_okie, pbc2003

Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    After weeks of looking forward to a new episode, I found myself slightly disappointed.
    I just wish it would have been two hours! There is so much ground to cover with the story line...That's what makes it worth watching every week. They know they don't need to throw in EVERYTHING at once.

Odds that Ghost Lori tells Carl to stay in the cell block?

Rick, Glenn, and the Governor are all unhinged. The Governor being unhinged is my favorite. Him coming out, shooting, and not saying a word is bad ass.

Without Daryl, I think a co-group leadership of Carl and Hershel would work the best with Rick off his rocker. Hershel with strategy and Carl with muscle. Hard to believe I'm typing that.

I predict Daryl will be faced with a dilemma where he has to choose Merle or the group at some point in a life-or-death scenario, and he'll choose the group.

All of the extras in Woodbury look like they got their acting lessons from Andrea. She looked about as comfortable with that rah rah speech as Vince Young taking an SAT
    5 users like SoonerBeerSnob's post: drumhead23us, Sieve, Sooners2007, ThievingMagpie, thurman murman

Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    That's in part due to the delay and waiting and waiting for the episode. It was going to be hard for it to live up to expectations.

I thought it was good - but still struggles with the "slow" moments. When characters like Carol go off to talk to others -- it kind of grinds to a halt. And I'm not wild about ghost Lori. As the Entertainment Weekly recap said - killing Lori was a good idea as she wasn't a good character to begin with. Bringing her back as a ghost is a bad idea.

All of the extras in Woodbury look like they got their acting lessons from Andrea. She looked about as comfortable with that rah rah speech as Vince Young taking an SAT
    There aren't too many times where scenes completely take me out of the TWD suspension of disbelief, but that speech and the extras reaction to someone who's only been around for a short time almost blew the episode. It really lost me for a little bit until Ricks started nutting out. I still enjoyed the episode, but it was really inconsistent.

The show really revolves around Daryl (and maybe that's not a good thing). His demeanor, and comments, and little things like how he took away the crossbow give the show levity and badassery at the same time. He may also be the most morally consistent. I still believe he is a reflection of the audience. I'm afraid if they permanently remove him at some point, the show may go downhill fast. I thought Michonne might be able to step in and offer another similar character, but so far, no. Tyrese does have some potential.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

So I decided to watch it and it was ok but not great.

Ghost Lori is just Rick's mind ****ing with him. I highly doubt it's something anyone else can see, but I'm interested in seeing the angle.

I think the ghost is less about there being a ghost, and more about Rick realizing he struggles with separating the loss of his wife with the loss he's experienced as a leader of the group. He has been cracking under the pressure of maintaining that separation since having to kill Shane in season two. It's just slowly built. Now he's answering phones and seeing his dead wife whom he neglected for the betterment of the group.

The crack started in this episode when someone said his baby had Lori's eyes. That might have conjured something someone said when Carl was a baby, and the had a domino effect to him seeing his wife he neglected in the belly of a bloated walker in a prison basement.

In short, the Zombie Apocalypse is a ****.

Ghost Lori is just Rick's mind ****ing with him. I highly doubt it's something anyone else can see, but I'm interested in seeing the angle.

I think the ghost is less about there being a ghost, and more about Rick realizing he struggles with separating the loss of his wife with the loss he's experienced as a leader of the group
    . He has been cracking under the pressure of maintaining that separation since having to kill Shane in season two. It's just slowly built. Now he's answering phones and seeing his dead wife whom he neglected for the betterment of the group.
    This. It is all about him cracking under pressure. In the comic it was just the phone. They upped the intensity in the TV show and made it more visual.

The crack started in this episode when someone said his baby had Lori's eyes. That might have conjured something someone said when Carl was a baby, and the had a domino effect to him seeing his wife he neglected in the belly of a bloated walker in a prison basement.

In short, the Zombie Apocalypse is a ****.
    He gave her that look that parents give their babies when they are imagining what their future is but there is no future for her, at least not a future anyone is used to. No going off to school, no graduation, silly teenage problems. It is all survival.

His first vision was of Shane when they were attacking Woodbury then he before that he knew he was starting to crack around the edges because of the phone. It has been a fairly good build.

Yes or no question for the comic nerds: was there a Ghost Lori in the comics?

You don't read posts other than yours do you?
    The following users like this post: Sieve

Negative.

You don't read posts other than yours do you?
    I don't see anywhere it says Ghost Lori was or was was not in the comics. Still want to tell me this is a better show than Thrones?

I don't see anywhere it says Ghost Lori was or was was not in the comics. Still want to tell me this is a better show than Thrones?
    How is that even relevant?

No doubt that Ghost Lori is just Rick's vision as he becomes more unhinged. Also, notice that Rick typically has those breakdowns in moments of decision and stress. The phone calls after Lori's death, The Shane vision in the battle at Woodbury. And now the Ghost Lori when contemplating adding to the group. Most surely not coincidental.

I made the joke because IF she was visible, she'd definitely tell Carl to stay in the cell block.