The Walking Dead Season 3

Posted 662 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom91865 Views 3732 Replies
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 3733
Page 35 of 75 25 33 34 35 36 37 45

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    I don't see anywhere it says Ghost Lori was or was was not in the comics. Still want to tell me this is a better show than Thrones?
    Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    This. It is all about him cracking under pressure. In the comic it was just the phone. They upped the intensity in the TV show and made it more visual.

He gave her that look that parents give their babies when they are imagining what their future is but there is no future for her, at least not a future anyone is used to. No going off to school, no graduation, silly teenage problems. It is all survival.

His first vision was of Shane when they were attacking Woodbury then he before that he knew he was starting to crack around the edges because of the phone. It has been a fairly good build.

vCash

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    How is that even relevant?
    I'd like for anyone to explain to me how this is still the best show on TV. This show is massively under-performing, IMO.

All that build-up for the first half of the season and it takes them five seconds to escape Woodbury?

This crazy Rick storyline is boring and needs to be resolved.

Do you really think that's the last we've seen of Daryl? I didn't buy that for a second.

Ghost Lori? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm not even going to explain why this is a bad idea.

For all the talk of let's strike back at the governor before he hits us. I doubt that happens in next week's episode. It'll be spent talking Rick off the ledge, Tyrese back into the group, how to attack Woodbury, how to find Daryl, blah blah blah.

I hope I am wrong, but I'm betting that this season continues to disappoint and confuse.

vCash

You don't read posts other than yours do you?
    I just noticed we posted at the same time.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

I'd like for anyone to explain to me how this is still the best show on TV. This show is massively under-performing, IMO.

All that build-up for the first half of the season and it takes them five seconds to escape Woodbury?

Do you really think that's the last we've seen of Daryl? I didn't buy that for a second.

Ghost Lori? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm not even going to explain why this is a bad idea.

For all the talk of let's strike back at the governor before he hits us. I doubt that happens in next week's episode. It'll be spent talking Rick off the ledge, Tyrese back into the group, how to attack Woodbury, how to find Daryl, blah blah blah.

I hope I am wrong, but I'm betting that this season continues to disappoint and confuse.
    Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

vCash

I'd like for anyone to explain to me how this is still the best show on TV.
    Technicality. Game of Thrones hasn't started up yet.
    The following users like this post: SirPrize

vCash

Oorah can bash the show now that Thrones is coming back.

You're high.

vCash

Some of y'all actually believe Lori to be a ghost? They only showed her as if looking through ricks eyes when they zoomed out where we could see everyone she was not there.
    3 users like Fahooglegods's post: beelzeBob, nolesooner, SoonerBeerSnob

vCash

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Some of y'all actually believe Lori to be a ghost? They only showed her as if looking through ricks eyes when they zoomed out where we could see everyone she was not there.
    That's just the name for her. It's just a figment of his imagination.
    The following users like this post: usaosooner

vCash

That's just the name for her. It's just a figment of his imagination.
    Oorah may actually believe she is a ghost.

anything built up that much is going to have some let down. Rick and Maggie were heading back to get Daryl before the end of the mid-season finally. The issue here is more the how shows are now split up into two mini seasons with a giant break in between. Most other shows have one main epic finally and one return episode.
    So he should just get over his wife dying. He has the weight the group on his shoulders, he takes every death as a personal failure and is looking at the possibility of 4 more lives put on him. He just successfully snuck into a fortified guarded town and rescued the people caught in there and even went back and grabbed the Dixons right out from under the Governors nose. He now has to face the possibility of a well armed strike force coming after him and his depleted group. Damn that is boring as hell. The whole damn show is Rick's story.
    Who ever said he was gone forever?

Please tell me you are not this dense. The phone idea does not lend itself well to a TV show, neither is gripping internal struggle. There has to be a way to externalize this for the audience other than him squinting his eyebrows a little bit and talking is a gravely voice.

God forbid you have any character progression or planning go on in an ongoing TV show.

then stop watching but GOT does not come back until the week after TWD ends so you might as well as sit back and enjoy it.
    There are honestly so many legit things to **** about in this show and you pick out this? Use your head every once in a while. Its the lump 3 feet above your ass.

vCash

Oh, so tell what other things I should **** about? The bad acting? The horrible writing? For example, when Glenn opens that truck door, he shocked to find a walker lunge out at him. Really? ****ing really? How in the **** after all he's been through, could he have legitimately been surprised at that? A much more believable scene is if Glenn calmy opens the door, let the walker fall out and then beats his head in with whatever weapon he has.

So now Ghost Lori is known as Figment of Rick's imagination Lori? You two are ****ing pathetic.

vCash

Oorah can bash the show now that Thrones is coming back.

You're high.
    I've been bashing this show for awhile.

vCash

To be fair, there was one epic moment when Michonne skull ****ed Penny with her katana.

vCash

And by the way, how come we don't see any kid walkers roaming around? I guess there were not may kids in this world they live in?

vCash

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    And by the way, how come we don't see any kid walkers roaming around? I guess there were not may kids in this world they live in?
    The walkers you see were bitten at some point in time or attacked and later turned after they escaped.

Kids wouldn't be that lucky. They'd be devoured and be unable to get away.
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

vCash

I've been bashing this show for awhile.
    You need to get laid homey.
    2 users like AcousticSoup's post: nolesooner, ThievingMagpie

vCash

The walkers you see were bitten at some point in time or attacked and later turned after they escaped.

yea I subscribe to this. Kids are either eaten or once killed buried
    The following users like this post: AcousticSoup

vCash

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    yea I subscribe to this. Kids are either eaten or once killed buried
    meh TV rules

vCash

Oh, so tell what other things I should **** about? The bad acting? The horrible writing? For example, when Glenn opens that truck door, he shocked to find a walker lunge out at him. Really? ****ing really? How in the **** after all he's been through, could he have legitimately been surprised at that? A much more believable scene is if Glenn calmy opens the door, let the walker fall out and then beats his head in with whatever weapon he has.

So now Ghost Lori is known as Figment of Rick's imagination Lori? You two are ****ing pathetic.
    I knew you where full of shit. You are just mad because more people don't post in your favorite shows thread. Maybe it is because you pummel them with your inane bullshit. People can like shows other than your most favorite of shows. Yes GOT is a great show but not without its flaws. There is only so much you can do and all media requires some suspension of disbelief and a little imagination, which you lack due to the giant stick up your ass.
    The following users like this post: OrangeBlossom

vCash

and with that how about we talk about the actual show and keep trolling bullshit to a bare ****ing minimum

Anyone else amused about the interaction between the Dixons. First time on screen together and you really get the brother vibe. Some good humor

vCash

I dont believe that, so every adult was able to get away after being bit...doesnt make sense.
    The following users like this post: Orange is ugly

vCash

and with that how about we talk about the actual show and keep trolling bullshit to a bare ****ing minimum

Anyone else amused about the interaction between the Dixons. First time on screen together and you really get the brother vibe. Some good humor
    I liked how Carol compared it to her abusive relationship with her husband and how she didn't know how she would react if he walked in the door right now. He fell right back into that victim roll. I think that after a while of that he will remember that he does not have to take that shit and has a group of people that are as good as family that will treat him as an adult. Some tough decisions will be made when that time comes.

vCash

I dont believe that, so every adult was able to get away after being bit...doesnt make sense.
    No, but they have a better fighting chance, instincts and reactions than a child would. Look at the walkers. They're mostly intact and have some type of telltale sign that caused their death. You've seen people on the show completely devoured. Given time, that's how they would end up. If the walker(s) stayed and finished the job without being distracted.

vCash

They couldn't have cast two better guys. Michael Rooker has always been a quality character actor. He and Reedus have knocked these roles outta the park. Rooker is funny as hell.
    4 users like AcousticSoup's post: JCBoomer, nolesooner, SirPrize, usaosooner

Kid zombies don't exist because it would be a hassle to cast child extras. Though that doesn't explain why they couldn't cast some smaller adults to look like kids.

And not al of the adult zombies were bitten. Some could have died in car crashes - like the one in the truck that Glenn stomped on. Some could have locked up their homes and starved to death. Maybe some cut their wrists or overdosed on pills. Some were shot by accident and turned before anything ate them. Some just died of heart attacks, cancer, etc. Since everyone has the virus - once they died they rose again.

vCash

Have they explained how everyone got this virus?

Sorry, I watched most of season 1 and part of season two and just this past two episodes(end of first half and season premeir of this half of season).

Originally Posted by Sabla View Post
    Have they explained how everyone got this virus?

Sorry, I watched most of season 1 and part of season two and just this past two episodes(end of first half and season premeir of this half of season).
    No, and word is, they never will...

Loved that scene... ****in' Merle... always the dick.

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    No, and word is, they never will...
    That will suck if they truly never do explain it. But I guess it would be better if they couldn't come up with a good enough story. Rathere that than them do something like they did with the show "Lost". That ending and storyline was horrible.
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

vCash

Originally Posted by Sabla View Post
    That will suck if they truly never do explain it. But I guess it would be better if they couldn't come up with a good enough story. Rathere that than them do something like they did with the show "Lost". That ending and storyline was horrible.
    I'm pretty sure Kirkman has said that he has zero interest in telling people how the plague started, that it's all about the survival aspect, etc. I, for one, agree with that idea. With as many times as the zombie thing has been done, it'd be pretty hard to come up with something that
    A) didn't sound ridiculous or corny and
    B)hadn't been done a million times before
    The only explanation I can think of off the top of my head that would maybe work is one that is so dumb simple (like the black plague was) that everybody goes "that's IT?! All we had to do was wash our hands?!" But even then you're flirting with disaster and disappointing or angering a section of the fanbase.
    2 users like drumhead23us's post: AcousticSoup, SoonerBeerSnob

vCash

EDIT: Drum has covered it nicely
    Last edited by SoonerBeerSnob; February 12th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Why are you saying every adult got away? Ive seen dudes get eaten to shit many times on this show!

Sophia got away... There's your immediate example of SOME crumbsnatchers can scram before the feast

vCash

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Sophia got away... There's your immediate example of SOME crumbsnatchers can scram before the feast

Daryl tracked her to that farmhouse and after putting two and two together, I think she turned in that closet he went to.
    2 users like AcousticSoup's post: SoonerBeerSnob, Sooners2007

vCash

I think Sophia turned just from exposure ie she died naturally . I don't remember her looking like she was bit when she got out of the barn
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

vCash

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Why are you saying every adult got away? Ive seen dudes get eaten to shit many times on this show!

Out of context, (almost) every zombie is an adult that avoided being reduced to nothing. Even if parents killed their kids, the virus is in all of them, wouldn't there be more kids?

I think if you asked the producers they would say it's just to make casting the show easier vs AMC saying there can't be child zombies. Though again - not sure why they don't cast the occassional small adult to look like a kid. Maybe they're worried people would laugh at a kid zombie vs being horrified by it.

I think it's somewhat like why so many street scenes, and the yard in the prison, aren't overgrown like they should be. It's just easier for a weekly TV show to not mess with some things.

vCash

I think Sophia turned just from exposure ie she died naturally . I don't remember her looking like she was bit when she got out of the barn
    She was found by Otis. That's the only reason I doubt exposure. With the weather being good at that time, it would have taken her at least 3 to 5 days to die from lack of water. I think she got scratched by a walker in the woods, hid in the farmhouse and turned there. She looked relatively unscathed, from a walker standpoint though.

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    I think if you asked the producers they would say it's just to make casting the show easier vs AMC saying there can't be child zombies. Though again - not sure why they don't cast the occassional small adult to look like a kid. Maybe they're worried people would laugh at a kid zombie vs being horrified by it.

I think it's somewhat like why so many street scenes, and the yard in the prison, aren't overgrown like they should be. It's just easier for a weekly TV show to not mess with some things.
    same reason kids are left out of open world games like Oblivion and when they were put in in Skyrim they were unkillable. People would get upset that you are showing children mutilated and showing them killed outside of the occasional "Sophia situation". Also the reason a lot of the other kids in the comics were written out of the TV show. Lots of stories about kids killing kids and themselves. The book was super depressing and dark for a while.
    The following users like this post: AcousticSoup

Andrea is all in with Woodbury
    It's no wonder, seeing how much wood's got buried in her over the past couple of seasons.
    2 users like ThievingMagpie's post: SoonerAmongThePack, SoonerBeerSnob

No she was bit... Rewatch the episode of her coming out of barn

Edit: left neck/shoulder

The following users like this post: SirPrize

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    No doubt that Ghost Lori is just Rick's vision as he becomes more unhinged. Also, notice that Rick typically has those breakdowns in moments of decision and stress. The phone calls after Lori's death, The Shane vision in the battle at Woodbury. And now the Ghost Lori when contemplating adding to the group. Most surely not coincidental.

I made the joke because IF she was visible, she'd definitely tell Carl to stay in the cell block.
    My guess is she shows up every time he's faced with losing someone else. Daryl just refused to lose anyone else--he didn't let it enter his consciousness. He's more black and white than Rick is--since Rick is a more 3 dimensional character, he's not able to simply refuse to let anyone else die, since he's lost 2 of the 3 people closest to him already--one by his hand. While he killed Shane and Lori died, he essentially lost Carl at the same time b/c the kid put his mom and Shane (surrogate father) down. Now they've added in losing Daryl, and Rick's coming apart b/c he's lost everything--the baby is the only hope for his sanity at this point.

same reason kids are left out of open world games like Oblivion and when they were put in in Skyrim they were unkillable. People would get upset that you are showing children mutilated and showing them killed outside of the occasional "Sophia situation". Also the reason a lot of the other kids in the comics were written out of the TV show. Lots of stories about kids killing kids and themselves. The book was super depressing and dark for a while.
    For a long time there was an unwritten rule in film and television that you didn't show kids being killed on screen. You're right about why--a bunch of zombie kids running around opens a can of worms better left closed.

One thing that has bugged me though is the scratch thing. How do you get infected by a scratch, but not from bashing in a head with a bat to the point that your face is covered in zombie juice? Do you not get any in your eyes or mouth?
    The following users like this post: URNotserious

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    For a long time there was an unwritten rule in film and television that you didn't show kids being killed on screen. You're right about why--a bunch of zombie kids running around opens a can of worms better left closed.

One thing that has bugged me though is the scratch thing. How do you get infected by a scratch, but not from bashing in a head with a bat to the point that your face is covered in zombie juice? Do you not get any in your eyes or mouth?
    This. Especially when HIV can be acquired in the manner described.

vCash

It's just the set of rules that world is bound by I guess. He'll zombie movies don't exist there either

vCash

Best I can figure, is since everyone already infected, the zombies transfer a bacterial infection to the living that causes them to develop a fatal fever.

vCash

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    This. Especially when HIV can be acquired in the manner described.
    Remember that the everyone already has the virus. People freak out about bites/severe scratches by walkers because of one of two reasons:
    1) they don't know about the "everyone is infected" fact and that seems like the reason people come back
    2) they know that bites from those things are filled with all kinds of bacteria and they have no access to good antibiotics

Reason two is why they have kinda gone the old school method of lobbing off limbs. It is to prevent gangrene setting in and the entire body becoming septic.

vCash

Me and Snob got PhDs in Walking Dead.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

vCash

Me and Snob got PhDs in Walking Dead.
    I know who will be in my group when Z day hits

vCash

Also that baby is not one week old
    SOURCE: It's about the size of my 5 month old

vCash

All I know is I would be fortifying the open part of the prison.