Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen

Posted 752 day(s) ago 620 Views 11 Replies

Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen

Customers at the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ky., alerted authorities after they spotted something they probably wish they hadn't: restaurant employees wheeling roadkill back to the kitchen.

Local CBS affiliate WYMT interviewed the witnesses. The roadkill was apparently a deer stuffed into a trash can. "There was actually a blood trail they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
    Local health inspector Paul Lawson was called in to investigate. Lawson said the restaurant owners told him they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. "They said they didn't know they weren't allowed to do that. So that makes me concerned that maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before." The owner said he didn't plan to serve the deer to customers—instead he planned to use it to feed his family.
    The restaurant has been temporarily shut down but will be eligible to reopen as soon as it passes another health inspection and proves it has been washed and sanitized

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...160225525.html

Drunk Sooner Guest
    If it was freshly killed then it is probably much healthier and cleaner than the corn fed shit that comes from the market.
    5 users like Drunk Sooner's post: Aurora, jdmt37, SirPrize, URNotserious, Wailer

They have to keep the prices down somehow.
    Have you seen how much some fatass American Families eat?

I hate buffets, I'm always thinking I'm paying 5 bucks more so that dude can have a Turkey platter full of peel and eat shrimp.
    2 users like Orange is ugly's post: Aurora, OilSooner

Fresh wild venison is delicious - The end
    The following users like this post: ImTheDude

Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    They have to keep the prices down somehow.
    Have you seen how much some fatass American Families eat?

I hate buffets, I'm always thinking I'm paying 5 bucks more so that dude can have a Turkey platter full of peel and eat shrimp.
    And usually the seafood sucks and is so full of water! Especially the crab. Worst crab legs on the planet.

Although the fried fire shrimp at the place at 61st and Memorial is pretty tasty.

True story, I called the OK county game warden 2 years ago to get a special tag for a deer that was hit in front of my parents house out of season. By the time I got there to dress it out though, it was too bloated and busted up inside to mess with.

Originally Posted by Drunk Sooner View Post
    If it was freshly killed then it is probably much healthier and cleaner than the corn fed shit that comes from the market.
    steve O'seinus ?

Gross

Makin' burgoo.

No tellin what kind of shit they bring in the back door

Re: Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen

I bet you never see a stray cat or dog around that place.

Yeah.. I think I am going to avoid any Chinese buffets for awhile til this image gets out of my head.
    The following users like this post: OilSooner