Ever thought about a thread about Yoga?

Posted 745 day(s) ago 4822 Views 173 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3

Ever thought about a thread about Yoga?

please tell us about it.
    Last edited by usaosooner; February 18th, 2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: changed it up

Drunk Sooner Guest
    I have some pj pants and t-shirts from Lululemon. Does that count?
    2 users like Drunk Sooner's post: ChloeDenmark, Julz

Originally Posted by Drunk Sooner View Post

maybe. please expound.

I watch my wife do yoga. Does that count?

yes but I am not as skinny as the chick in the video and I am unsure I am doing it correctly but I always feel better afterwards

Drunk Sooner Guest
    I did the yoga in P90-X. Once.

Anyone here do or have done yoga?

I do yoga all the time. It's great for stress relief, strength, and flexibility. Hot yoga is really fun.

The following users like this post: SoCaliSooner

Last edited by OrangeBlossom; October 10th, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Fixed hotlink

So you're the one that killed that poor woman?!!

Drunk Sooner Guest
    Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    So you're the one that killed that poor woman?!!
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I also have an alibi.

Did the same.... That shit sucked! By far the hardest routine in that series

Yoga is the work of the devil, says Vatican's chief exorcist

Father Gabriel Amorth has carried out more than 70,000 exorcisms in his capacity as Chief Exorcist at the Vatican.
    The 85-year-old can boast 25 years in the post after being appointed by the late Pope John Paul II.
    At a conference today, he surprised the delegates by revealing some of his greatest dislikes - yoga and Harry Potter.
    Father Amorth, a colourful and often outspoken personality, said:'Practising yoga brings evil as does reading Harry Potter. They may both seem innocuous but they both deal with magic and that leads to evil.'
    He added:'Yoga is the Devil's work. You thing you are doing it for stretching your mind and body but it leads to Hinduism. All these oriental religions are based on the false belief of reincarnation.'
    Father Amorth, speaking on the subject of People And Religion at a fringe event at the Umbria Film Festival in Terni, spoke of his distaste for JK Rowling's young wizard.
    He said:'People think it is an innocuous book for children but it's about magic and that leads to evil. In Harry Potter the Devil is at work in a cunning and crafty way, he is using his extraordinary powers of magic and evil.

'Satan is always hidden and the thing he desires more than anything is for people to believe he does not exist. He studies each and everyone of us and our tendencies towards good and evil and then he tempts us.
    'My advice to young people would be to watch out for nightclubs because the path is always the same: alcohol, sex, drugs and Satanic sects.'
    It is not the first time that Father Amorth has raised eyebrows with his forthright views - last year he said that the ongoing child sex scandals rocking the Catholic Church were evidence that 'the Devil was at work in the Vatican.'
    'Satan studies each and everyone of us and our tendencies towards good and evil and then he tempts us'

While in 2006, Father Amorth, who was ordained a priest in 1954, gave an interview to Vatican Radio in which he said that **** leader Adolf Hitler and Russian dictator Josef Stalin were both possessed by the Devil.
    According to secret Vatican documents recently released the then wartime Pope Pius XII attempted a 'long distance exorcism' of Hitler but it failed to have any effect.
    It is also not the first time that Father Amorth, who is president of the International Association of Exorcists, has spoken out against Harry Potter saying in the past that it opens children's minds to dabbling with the occult and black magic.

Today Vanda Vanni, of the Italian Yoga Association, said:'A Satanic practice? Pardon the pun but that is an accusation that is neither in Heaven or on earth. Father Amorth's accusation is completely without foundation.
    'It is an outrageous thing to say - yoga is not a religion but a spiritual discipline. It is about freedom and a search to find one's inner self. It does not touch religion and has nothing to do with Satanic sects nor does it encourage people to join them.
    Giorgio Furlan, who runs the Yoga Academy in Rome, said`:'There are some paths of yoga which do lead towards Hinduism but other paths are more philosophical but their is no direct link with religion and certainly no link with Satanism.
    'To say such things shows you have no idea of what you are talking about - yoga controls violent impulses of the nervous system and subconscious - to be honest with me it had the effect of bringing me closer to Christianity and in particular the Catholic Church which I had abandoned as a youngster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-either.html

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    yes but I am not as skinny as the chick in the video and I am unsure I am doing it correctly but I always feel better afterwards
    do you do it all the time? why do you do it? how long have you been doing it?

so you didn't really do P90X if you only did one of the discs once. why did you quit?

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I do yoga all the time. It's great for stress relief, strength, and flexibility. Hot yoga is really fun.
    where? at home from a DVD? the Y? some other place?

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    Did the same.... That shit sucked! By far the hardest routine in that series
    so you quit it too?

Drunk Sooner Guest
    Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    so you didn't really do P90X if you only did one of the discs once. why did you quit?
    He said "Do your best and forget the rest", that was my best.

Personally, I wouldn't question the opinion of someone who has removed motherfuckin' demons from motherfuckin' souls.

He said "Do your best and forget the rest", that was my best.
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean quit. But that's just me.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't question the opinion of someone who has removed motherfuckin' demons from motherfuckin' souls.
    who is that?

who is that?

Drunk Sooner Guest
    I remember him, my first lover. Oh, to be 12 and in love again.

I was really into yoga a few years ago and actually became certified to teach it. One of the best forms of exercise I've ever done and I really, really need to get back into it.

W, I took yoga at the base fitness center for a while, I've done it at home, and at the Y.

I remember him, my first lover. Oh, to be 12 and in love again.
    I'm guessing the demon isn't the only thing he took from you.

I missed your earlier post with the article. Now it all makes sense. well your posts make sense, but not yoga being the work of the devil. Unless you consider the people on here who proclaim to have done yoga and are associating them with satanism.

I missed your earlier post with the article. Now it all makes sense. well your posts make sense, but not yoga being the work of the devil. Unless you consider the people on here who proclaim to have done yoga and are associating them with satanism.
    That's exactly what I'm doing.

That's exactly what I'm doing.
    oh, well, you'' get no argument here

I have. My ex is an instructor. Short on time. Will expound later.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I have. My ex is an instructor. Short on time. Will expound later.
    So the Father is right, yoga is the Devil's work.

My back had been killing for a while I've been doing these I found online for the last two weeks. Back pain was a 6 and is now gone or on the bad days a 1 or 2

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...r_big_bastards

I occasionally do the ones in P90x and P90x-2. They're stupid hard.
    3 users like oucub23's post: Clark W. Griswold, soonerintn, Troker

Tried hot yoga, kicked my ass!
    The following users like this post: McRib

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

I did the p90x yoga. It sucked the first couple of times I did it. But after the third time, it became one of my favorite workouts. I plan on starting another 90 days after new years.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

I finally started P90x in November and just do extra chest work on Yoga-x days. I know, I'm probably missing out and I understand it's great for flexibility, but I'd rather work on getting more definition in my chest.

Originally Posted by Wailer
    so you quit it too?

See there u go assuming stuff... Nothing in that series was what I'd call really really tough. To answer your question... No.

Originally Posted by Sooner Showtime View Post
    I finally started P90x in November and just do extra chest work on Yoga-x days. I know, I'm probably missing out and I understand it's great for flexibility, but I'd rather work on getting more definition in my chest.
    Do you play golf?

Originally Posted by Concussed View Post
    same, my only saving grace was the instructor was hot as shit and flexible because yoga is hard and when it's hot as hell in there you're just dripping sweat the entire time...it sucks

P90 yoga here as well. Hated it at first but now I enjoy it occasionally.

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    Do you play golf?
    No, Playmakr, I don't. My dad tried to teach me years ago, but I could never take my baseball swing out of the club haha.
    2 users like Sooner Showtime's post: McRib, thurman murman

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    See there u go assuming stuff... Nothing in that series was what I'd call really really tough. To answer your question... No.
    GTFO! That shit is HARD! I did the yoga routine one time. As I'm struggling to do one of the poses, cursing the entire way, my wife helpfully chimes in "you know, yoga is supposed to be relaxing". If looks could kill...
    The following users like this post: ChpThril

Originally Posted by Concussed View Post

My wife does that shit. I've never been but hearing her describe it, I would pass out 3 minutes into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

So...

I used to see this flight attendant chick based out of LAX who lived in Hermosa Beach. She and 4 other girls shared a nice house and as each had varying schedules, it became more or less a flop house with an ocean view. I used to hook up with this chick Teresa when she'd be in town and she was very much into yoga. We would usually meet up, go to dinner, humpity hump, sleep, humpity hump and in the mornings I'd go with her to her yoga class. I was in the best shape of my life and actually liked the classes and seeing the svelte chicks in various sex poses.

One evening in particular, she and I went out to dinner and I had some type of pasta with a Gorgonzola cream sauce as well as some red wine. I am not normally a red wine drinker but I had probably three glasses, which at the time seemed like no big deal. The next morning when we left for the class I starting having digestive issues that as we progressed through the class, became harder to control. I was silently crop dusting those poor women in that room and simultaneously trying not to shit myself during each changing pose.

The stench was nearly unbearable to me and I can only imagine how it was for others. The hippie teacher kept saying "Ahhh...we're releasing the toxins from our bodies. No shame. No shame. Release amongst friends." We had a break during the class at which time I told Tess that the chick in front of me was the malodorous culprit and during our resumption of class I would even point at her and make the stinky face.

I made it through the class, shart free...barely and didn't think much about it until a few weeks later when Tess was in town again and we hooked up. I went to the class the next day and I was angrily confronted by the woman I had blamed for shitting up the class. She started shrieking at me that her friend in the class had seen my immature gestures behind her back and she wanted me to tell the class that she wasn't responsible for the stench. She further informed me that her vegan diet rendered her near zero emissions and that if/when she had emissions, they were unable to be even detected as they did not stink.

I was banned from the class by the teacher...and to this day have never taken another yoga class.
    4 users like SoCaliSooner's post: 2121sooner, Julz, OUfanINtulsa, soonerbornsoonerbrett

I was taking a class once, and a woman was just coming back to her first class after having a baby... she had been doing it right up to having the baby too, which was kind of a strange sight... but anyways... I guess the lady parts, womb and birth canal and all that stuff retain a lot of air after the birth. So we're yoga-ing a long and get into some more strenuous stuff and the air starts releasing. In other words... she was ****ing up the class very loudly. There were only 5 or 6 people in the class, I was the only guy too, and we all knew each other pretty well, so the embarassment was pretty minimal. She was more surprised at what was happening than embarassed. We maintained control during the class, but had a pretty good laugh afterwards... and I guess it got rid of all the air too, because it didn't happen the next time.

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    I was really into yoga a few years ago and actually became certified to teach it. One of the best forms of exercise I've ever done and I really, really need to get back into it.
    Really?

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    Really?
    Really.
    The following users like this post: 2121sooner

I do the P90X version in rotation with the rest of it. Seems like fun.

lots of P90xers on the board

lots of P90xers on the board
    I did Insanity, x1 twice, x2 twice and now am doing Body Beast. I like the Beachbody way of doing stuff.

I don't think I'll ever do Insanity all 60 days again, though I may do the Asylum programs.

^ I've been just doing exercises off the demo workouts on youtube and finding info online for a few days. I'm going to go ahead and get the DVDs when I get my taxes back

http://www.store.ddpyoga.com/
    The following users like this post: soonerbornsoonerbrett

Holy crap. Diamond Dallas Page has a yoga video?!

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Holy crap. Diamond Dallas Page has a yoga video?!
    Yea and apparently it has great reviews