'13 JUCO OT Desmond Harrison Texas

Posted 696 day(s) ago 7342 Views 41 Replies
Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1

    Recruitment '13 JUCO OT Desmond Harrison Texas

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...arrison-139119


    6'8 305 Offers from Texas, TT, UW among others.
    Rivals 3 Star




    Huge OT that was offered last Saturday. Was at the RRS (I believe)

  2. #2
    Added some film and pic

    um yes please

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Added some film and pic

    um yes please
    Thanks man, my phone gives me problems trying to put pics and video on these.

    Very good offer at a position we'll need. Is he a Texas lean?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    Is he a Texas lean?
    Yes.

  5. #5
    Anyone else feeling pretty good about where we stand right now with DT recruiting aside from the fact we have none?? I mean we are on quite a few good HS DT Manning, Augusta, the 3 guys from Florida (Bain, Senat, and the 3rd one escapes me), Mixon (who some think might grow into a DT), and the one who visited earlier this year from somewhere down South...Then the JUCO DT Johnson, Russell, this guy, and there are a couple out in Cali. I am sure we are taking 2, but what are the chances we take 3???

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    Anyone else feeling pretty good about where we stand right now with DT recruiting aside from the fact we have none?? I mean we are on quite a few good HS DT Manning, Augusta, the 3 guys from Florida (Bain, Senat, and the 3rd one escapes me), Mixon (who some think might grow into a DT), and the one who visited earlier this year from somewhere down South...Then the JUCO DT Johnson, Russell, this guy, and there are a couple out in Cali. I am sure we are taking 2, but what are the chances we take 3???
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if we took 3. I would be surprised if we took 2 OLBers; we have plenty of them; we need a couple of big MLBers.

  7. #7
    Has him listed as being at the OSU game sure could use a guy like this

  8. #8
    Read something about him being hosted by Blake bell. It would be nice if he came to OU and blocked for Blake the next 2 yrs.

  9. #9
    Him and SoonerDave have been chatting it up this morning, exchanging numbers... Could be a good sign.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    Him and SoonerDave have been chatting it up this morning, exchanging numbers... Could be a good sign.
    Saw that too. Also what I posted in the Bain thread about how he was recording the after game celebration and really enjoying it. his twitter pic is in OU gear as well.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner


  11. #11
    For the Sun Devils and Longhorns, both will have to overcome a visit to Oklahoma that left a lasting impression on the late bloomer.
    “I had a great time down there. I enjoyed it all,” he said. “They (coaching staff) didn’t bash anyone, they just told me the facts about the program. I would say my visit was a nine (out of ten).”

    He'll visit Arizona State this weekend and then Texas on the 7th then maybe one more trip to a Michigan State

    His twitter is https://twitter.com/DezHarrison68 check out his profile pic and show him some dap
    2 users like usaosooner's post: huntinsooner, OU812


  12. #12
    The only issue with Harrison.
    Fall enrollee won't go thru Spring.
    He might have a redshirt year available.

  13. #13
    XxSuBLiMexX's Avatar
    Posts
    4,624
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Steppin' Razors

    Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    The only issue with Harrison.
    Fall enrollee won't go thru Spring.
    He might have a redshirt year available.
    That's fine. His competition will be changing positions and adding 50 lbs. during this period anyways.
    The following users like this post: cscsooner


  14. #14
    Heard bama offered, don't know if its true or not.

  15. #15
    According to Twitter Bama has offered.
    And Harrison is a Feb signee, so there's time for Bama to get involved. Bama already has one juco OT verbaled.
    So that might be a deterrent.

  16. #16
    @RealCoachCarter
    Had a Good Conversation with Coach Bob Stoops(Oklahoma) earlier today about my Big Man @DezHarrison68 He was just checking on the Big Homie

    One of Desmonds college coaches

    and not that it meants much but Desmonds profile pic is still him in OU gear

  17. #17
    usa,
    can OU really take 2 JUCO Fall Enrollee OTs when OU needs to add HS OL talent in general?
    8 upper classman OL all gone in two season, only 6 underclassman. The last 2 or 3 slots at OL
    need to be HS guys or a JUCO with 3 years to play.
    Sr OL - Irwin, Ikard, Woods, Evans
    JR OL - Shead, Williams, Thompson, St. John
    Soph OL - Farniok, Nila, Hughes, Darlington
    Redshirt Fresh OL - Marrs,
    Freshman OL - Daimler,
    The following users like this post: Vodnik


  18. #18
    Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    usa,
    can OU really take 2 JUCO Fall Enrollee OTs when OU needs to add HS OL talent in general?
    8 upper classman OL all gone in two season, only 6 underclassman. The last 2 or 3 slots at OL
    need to be HS guys or a JUCO with 3 years to play.
    Sr OL - Irwin, Ikard, Woods, Evans
    JR OL - Shead, Williams, Thompson, St. John
    Soph OL - Farniok, Nila, Hughes, Darlington
    Redshirt Fresh OL - Marrs,
    Freshman OL - Daimler,
    This guy is so talented you have to keep recruiting him. Bama, USC, OU and Texas have offered a Texas JUCO from North Carlolina by way of Houston and California. He is a Sunday guy.

    I'd try to get him, 2 more high schoolers, maybe 1-2 more DT's, another corner/safety, and a tight end and call it a day. That is 27 with several early enrolees.

    I think Treadwell might come if Stills leaves early but otherwise no.

    That class would be
    1 QB
    1 RB
    2 WR
    4 OL
    1 TE
    3 DE
    3 DT
    3 LB
    5 DB

  19. #19
    I agree with HoustonSooner. Harrison is so big and athletic that you have to take him. He definitely has NFL-type potential.

    I have a good gut feeling with this one. He visited Texas and USC over the past two weeks, but he didn't get a gameday experience. Sometimes that is not a big deal to recruits, but from what I've read, he loved his visit to OU for Bedlam. Blake Bell was his host, and according to a regular poster on Rivals who sits near the recruit section, he was having a blast during the post-game celebrations.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner


  20. #20
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    4,212
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    holy crap that dude is a freakin beast. really impressive film

  21. #21
    Unless you can redshirt Josiah St. John or Harrison, it makes no sense at all to sign 2 JUCO OTs who are mid term guys.
    One as a backup who rotates with Williams and Thompson plus injury protection is a great idea.
    You cannot go into fall 2014 with 4 senior OTs Williams, Thompson, St. John, and Harrison.
    With only Daimler, Farniok, and Hughes as your young (non true freshman) OTs on the roster

  22. #22
    Any updates on this cat?

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    Unless you can redshirt Josiah St. John or Harrison, it makes no sense at all to sign 2 JUCO OTs who are mid term guys.
    One as a backup who rotates with Williams and Thompson plus injury protection is a great idea.
    You cannot go into fall 2014 with 4 senior OTs Williams, Thompson, St. John, and Harrison.
    With only Daimler, Farniok, and Hughes as your young (non true freshman) OTs on the roster
    You've gotta take as many talented linemen on both sides of the ball as possible, regardless of their year.
    It's not like we are foregoing any HS OL to recruit this guy. We'll take the HS guys too if they wanna come. Games are won in the trenches. I'd rather have an elite lineman for a year or two than an okay player for four years.
    2 users like Jbaker's post: lobster999, VRO405


  24. #24
    Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    Unless you can redshirt Josiah St. John or Harrison, it makes no sense at all to sign 2 JUCO OTs who are mid term guys.
    One as a backup who rotates with Williams and Thompson plus injury protection is a great idea.
    You cannot go into fall 2014 with 4 senior OTs Williams, Thompson, St. John, and Harrison.
    With only Daimler, Farniok, and Hughes as your young (non true freshman) OTs on the roster
    Unless either Williams or Thompson has been assessed by the Dr's/trainers as having a high-probability of getting injured or has some sort of chronic condition that we're not aware of.

  25. #25
    jbaker,
    Sorry but ship limits are a factor too. Overloaded in one class creates issues where you graduate your whole line one year.
    Two JUCO OT without redshirting one makes no sense. Unless you really think Tyrus Thompson is not a starter at OT.

  26. #26
    Originally Posted by NateHeupelESQ View Post
    Unless either Williams or Thompson has been assessed by the Dr's/trainers as having a high-probability of getting injured or has some sort of chronic condition that we're not aware of.
    What about depth? We two proven OT on our roster and obviously the coaches arent that happy with their backups. That means even if williams and thompson do continue to start we are one injury away from satrting someone that has never taken a snap.

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    What about depth? We two proven OT on our roster and obviously the coaches arent that happy with their backups. That means even if williams and thompson do continue to start we are one injury away from satrting someone that has never taken a snap.
    Yes, you want quality depth, but you also want to have the depth a little spread out in terms of class. You don't want your top four OTs to all be seniors in one year.

  28. #28
    Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    Yes, you want quality depth, but you also want to have the depth a little spread out in terms of class. You don't want your top four OTs to all be seniors in one year.
    We need instant depth, not a highschooler two years away from being able to take meaniful snaps.

    Thats my point, obviously the coaches arent happy with the underclassman OT talent, and now there are no high school kids left that look like they can come in and contribute right away.
    So they go with their best options for instant depth, regardless of class or years left to play.

    We need bodies /depth at OT right now , spacing is out of the question because those recruits last two classes arent panning out.

  29. #29
    TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    Posts
    4,899
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sooner Nation

    I am confused as to why taking tackles is a bad idea. We have Williams and Thompson - one of whom missed the stretch run of the season - projected to start. Farniok and Hughes at backups with no experience. This is a position of immediate need. It also reflects poorly on the recruiting that we would have two guys that ever played a meaningful snap and two backups to fill two key roles.

  30. #30
    Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    I am confused as to why taking tackles is a bad idea. We have Williams and Thompson - one of whom missed the stretch run of the season - projected to start. Farniok and Hughes at backups with no experience. This is a position of immediate need. It also reflects poorly on the recruiting that we would have two guys that ever played a meaningful snap and two backups to fill two key roles.
    Ok, Hughes was moved from DE, so he needs a year to add weight and learn technique. Farniok has taken meaningful snaps--after the injury to Daryl Williams, he played some snaps when the games were on the line to give Johnson and Thompson a breather, and he's played on the Bell Dozer, b/c Johnson played TE in that package.

    So we now have a JUCO to backup at LT (St. John) and Farniok as backup at LT, so Daimler has time to work with Schmitty and learn college technique. He'll have a chance to start for 3 years beginning in 2015. Another freshman OT would have the same opportunity.

    If we got another JUCO OT, then he, along with St. John, Thompson, and Williams all seniors in 2014.

    And no, it doesn't reflect poorly on recruiting.

  31. #31
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,097
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    After reading ESPN's interview with Rami Hammad, it sounds like UT is expecting a commitment from this Harrison kid.

  32. #32
    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    After reading ESPN's interview with Rami Hammad, it sounds like UT is expecting a commitment from this Harrison kid.
    Not really. The OL coach just said that he wanted to try and make room for Hammad even if Harrison committed to them.

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Not really. The OL coach just said that he wanted to try and make room for Hammad even if Harrison committed to them.
    They have plenty of room. They have 13 verbals and haven't gotten one since before the RRR.

    May be time to mix a new batch of snake oil.


  34. #34
    Jason Suchomel‏@jsuchomel

    Top #Longhorns target Desmond Harrison will announce his decision on Monday. Texas, OU, USC and Ariz St.

  35. #35

  36. #36
    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    damn horns
    We need to figure out what they are using to brainwash these kids that commit expecting to compete for championships.

  37. #37
    Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    We need to figure out what they are using to brainwash these kids that commit expecting to compete for championships.
    Nice facilities, Austin, don't have to accomplish much, then you go to the NFL.

  38. #38
    Looks like he might not suit up this year for UT

    http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...=1#post5578679

  39. #39
    Dodged a bullet. He had elite film.

  40. #40
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    13,205
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    He's still off the block though, right?

  41. #41

  42. #42
    Good for him that he picked uterus. He would never be cleared if he played for OU. Takes online classes that have been outlawed and he's cleared to play for ut. Figures.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
  2. Desmond Mason art
    By ohyouarejay in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2012, 10:13 PM

Tags for this Thread