Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 700 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom169268 Views 8660 Replies
Page 17 of 174 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117

I'm for it. His ceiling is higher and is very athletic. Maynor could be good trade bait

What could we get for a trade package of Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, Eric Maynor, and a couple first rounders?

If Presti has decided to not re sign him this summer, I bet that Maynor could be had cheaply.

I know not Thunder related, but wow. The Bulls are terrible minus Rose

On the Perkins rotation, sure someone should have stepped down, but his rotation was too flat. You have to rotate at an angle when the ball is in that position, amazing how much more space you can take up. Tough loss, OKC can't beat Miami if either Durant or Westbrook have below average games...will be the case going forward.

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    What could we get for a trade package of Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, Eric Maynor, and a couple first rounders?
    Throw in perk remove lamb and hopefully we could get Anderson varejao

Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Throw in perk remove lamb and hopefully we could get Anderson varejao
    Interior defense goes WAY down and our stranglehold on the West along with it

Varejao is no slouch defensively and he's averaging 14 and 14. Which centers remain in the west that perk is a must have defender for other than Dwight Howard?

Originally Posted by campbest View Post
    On the Perkins rotation, sure someone should have stepped down, but his rotation was too flat. You have to rotate at an angle when the ball is in that position, amazing how much more space you can take up. Tough loss, OKC can't beat Miami if either Durant or Westbrook have below average games...will be the case going forward.
    His placement was fine. He was doing what he was supposed to do. If there was no defensive 3 secs in the lane then I personally think he should have been in the lane. As soon as Lebron takes one step toward the baseline then he steps out and another defender rotates down but the whole def 3 sec call changes all of that.

Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Varejao is no slouch defensively and he's averaging 14 and 14. Which centers remain in the west that perk is a must have defender for other than Dwight Howard?
    Dwight is what Perk is here for. No matter how much of a joke the Lakers appear to be, Kobe in the playoffs is still lethal. The last thing OKC needs is for his job to be easier with a empty lane to drive through if Perk isnt there to stop him or Dwight

But there is defensive three seconds.

Perk's rotation was too shallow, Jalen Rose and co. talked about it in the postgame. Doesn't excuse the backside not stepping down, but Perkins could have taken away any pass except the lob. Tough play, I am sure it will be highlighted in film since so many guys were pointing fingers afterwards.

Originally Posted by campbest View Post
    But there is defensive three seconds.

Perk's rotation was too shallow, Jalen Rose and co. talked about it in the postgame. Doesn't excuse the backside not stepping down, but Perkins could have taken away any pass except the lob. Tough play, I am sure it will be highlighted in film since so many guys were pointing fingers afterwards.
    But if proper rotation takes place then Perk doesn't have to worry about any pass only the baseline drive which the shallow position puts him in perfect position to cover.

Meh, I'm not overly concerned about the L... We were suppose to lose this one anyway... I feel good about our chances in a 7 game series. Not saying that we would win, but it should be a series.

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    The Thunder NEED to do something in free agency. They need another big, tough wing defender that can run with LeBron and absorb some of his punishment. Thabo is to weak to defend LeBron
    Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I don't think that guy exists.
    Deng? Iggy? Le**** guarding himself? LoL you might be right SG1. I actually think KD does as well as anyone can when we put him on Le**** strictly on very "important" possessions.

Anyways(I agree with Prices on this) I think the Thunder did a pretty okay job on Le**** in the 2nd half.

As long as they can find a way to do a better job of slowing down the Miami role players Chalmers, etc.(easier to do @ OKC so please get home-court adv.) anyways we(w/ an assist from the officials) lost that game a lot more than the Heat won it IMO

This Thunder team with the "'12-'13 version" of KD IMO has what it takes to beat this Heat team we just have to DO IT

#Don'tBelieveInMoralVictories but I really am not as worried as our record vs the Heat the last 6 games would indicate and again I really think we have what it takes on THIS team as is

SoonerBounce Guest

So anybody think Allen will be fined for his acting job?

SoonerBounce Guest

And are any other replays of rw last shot ou there since abc didn't show a replay

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    Deng? Iggy? Le**** guarding himself? LoL you might be right SG1. I actually think KD does as well as anyone can when we put him on Le**** strictly on very "important" possessions.

Anyways(I agree with Prices on this) I think the Thunder did a pretty okay job on Le**** in the 2nd half.

As long as they can find a way to do a better job of slowing down the Miami role players Chalmers, etc.(easier to do @ OKC so please get home-court adv.) anyways we(w/ an assist from the officials) lost that game a lot more than the Heat won it IMO

This Thunder team with the "'12-'13 version" of KD IMO has what it takes to beat this Heat team we just have to DO IT

#Don'tBelieveInMoralVictories but I really am not as worried as our record vs the Heat the last 6 games would indicate and again I really think we have what it takes on THIS team as is
    You think the refs gave Miami an assist by giving OKC 19 more FT's which was twice as many as Miami had?

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Mark_in_tulsa View Post
    You think the refs gave Miami an assist by giving OKC 19 more FT's which was twice as many as Miami had?
    The foul calls were equal man. just so happens ours were on shooting plays going to the basket.

lol

I know he was kind of off balance, but I enjoyed it when Serge knocked Battier over with just one hand. And then D Wade pushed Russ, but then went backwards twice as fast when Serge started pushing back.

I know that he is not a "tough guy" like Z Bo or Capn Jack, but if I had to choose somebody to walk with down a dark alley, I wouldn't mind Serge having my back.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Winters View Post
    lol
    thunder got called for 25 fouls
    HEat got called for 26 fouls

have you heard any update on allens **** yet? Looked like he hurt it pretty bad

It was a great game. Some thoughts:

1. I thought the refs called it too tight and with how many time OKC made it to the line, it's hard to believe that calling a looser game would have helped OKC...so that kind of sucks going forward (although some of the offensive fouls on OKC were absolutely atrocious, and strip you of a possession).

2. Miami held us to 14 assists. 8 below our season average and 6 below what opponents are averaging against them. Have to get better ball movement and open shots against good defensive teams. Russ and KD took too many shots, all things considered. We also had too many turnovers, and failed to block many shots.

3. Ibaka put together another solid game in a very quiet manner 6/10, 6 Rebounds, 1 Block, 15 points. When we beat Miami in the regular season last year, it was by getting the bigs involved offensively. We have to see more passing in the to get open shots from the front court.

4. Anybody who thinks we are going to acquire someone to guard Lebron is simply being silly...Unless Jordan is in free agency, it's just not going to happen. 20 points from Mario ****ing Chalmers though, is absolutely inexcusable.

Really in total, this team looked as much like the '11/'12 Thunder as we have at any point in this season. Looked fairly lost defensively, Looked frustrated and got called for stupid Technicals, and had horrible ball movement. Give Miami credit...they're the best team in basketball right now and are going to cause problems for OKC. OKC needs to trust the new identity they've established throughout the season and make a concerted effort to increase the utility of the bench and the bigs. Scott needs to be spending some time figuring out a way to make Perkins more useful on the floor against Miami.

Also, Reggie is playing lights out better than last year. He's got plenty more work to do, but I really think seeing how he played tonight, that we need make him the backup PG.
    The following users like this post: OKCChuck

Reggie might have written the book on what fringe rotation players who are pissed because they and and many others watching the team know they shouldn't be playing behind who they are playing behind need to do when they go down to the D League. He simply dominated, played in a very eff you but still within a team oriented style. He played like he had something to prove and went out and proved it.

What's going on with Westbrook? He is missing so many layups that he makes last year. It's like he is just going out of control hoping for contact. But the dude needs to learn that throwing fits when you don't get a call isn't going to help get you calls from refs. Pretty soon, the refs are going to T his ass up any chance they get when he tries to show them up.

I love Russ, just can't stand when he goes into "hero mode".

I think it's painfully obvious that the Thunder aren't ready to beat the Heat in a 7 game series.

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    I think it's painfully obvious that the Thunder aren't ready to beat the Heat in a 7 game series.
    i don't see that at all but to each their own. We had a wide open shot to send it into overtime on their court. we just missed it. I don't think we played terrible but I don't think we played good either.
    The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I know he was kind of off balance, but I enjoyed it when Serge knocked Battier over with just one hand. And then D Wade pushed Russ, but then went backwards twice as fast when Serge started pushing back.

I know that he is not a "tough guy" like Z Bo or Capn Jack, but if I had to choose somebody to walk with down a dark alley, I wouldn't mind Serge having my back.
    My friends and I had a similar convo, they seem to disagree with us.

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    What's going on with Westbrook? He is missing so many layups that he makes last year. It's like he is just going out of control hoping for contact. But the dude needs to learn that throwing fits when you don't get a call isn't going to help get you calls from refs. Pretty soon, the refs are going to T his ass up any chance they get when he tries to show them up.

I love Russ, just can't stand when he goes into "hero mode".
    I think alot may have to do with his ****ed up wrist, he's been playing with it for a while now.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    It was a great game. Some thoughts:

1. I thought the refs called it too tight and with how many time OKC made it to the line, it's hard to believe that calling a looser game would have helped OKC...so that kind of sucks going forward (although some of the offensive fouls on OKC were absolutely atrocious, and strip you of a possession).

2. Miami held us to 14 assists. 8 below our season average and 6 below what opponents are averaging against them. Have to get better ball movement and open shots against good defensive teams. Russ and KD took too many shots, all things considered. We also had too many turnovers, and failed to block many shots.

3. Ibaka put together another solid game in a very quiet manner 6/10, 6 Rebounds, 1 Block, 15 points. When we beat Miami in the regular season last year, it was by getting the bigs involved offensively. We have to see more passing in the to get open shots from the front court.

4. Anybody who thinks we are going to acquire someone to guard Lebron is simply being silly...Unless Jordan is in free agency, it's just not going to happen. 20 points from Mario ****ing Chalmers though, is absolutely inexcusable.

Really in total, this team looked as much like the '11/'12 Thunder as we have at any point in this season. Looked fairly lost defensively, Looked frustrated and got called for stupid Technicals, and had horrible ball movement. Give Miami credit...they're the best team in basketball right now and are going to cause problems for OKC. OKC needs to trust the new identity they've established throughout the season and make a concerted effort to increase the utility of the bench and the bigs. Scott needs to be spending some time figuring out a way to make Perkins more useful on the floor against Miami.

Also, Reggie is playing lights out better than last year. He's got plenty more work to do, but I really think seeing how he played tonight, that we need make him the backup PG.
    I agree with the assists. KD and Russ never looked comfortable and were not creating shots for their teammates like they have been all year long.

As far as guarding LeBron is concerned, not even Jordan could stop him. That would be a mismatch, LeBron is much bigger and stronger. That's why losing out on Battier in free agency was critical. Granted, he still wouldn't stop LeBron, but it would def help. It is going to take the entire team to slow him down, much like we did in the 2nd half.

Only other guys in the league that I can think of that could help with LeBron are Metta, Cap'n Jack, Shawn Marion, and maybe Tony Allen (size)... The only possibility I see of OKC acquiring one of them would be Marion, and that's only if DAL amnesties him.

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    I agree with the assists. KD and Russ never looked comfortable and were not creating shots for their teammates like they have been all year long.

As far as guarding LeBron is concerned, not even Jordan could stop him. That would be a mismatch, LeBron is much bigger and stronger. That's why losing out on Battier in free agency was critical. Granted, he still wouldn't stop LeBron, but it would def help. It is going to take the entire team to slow him down, much like we did in the 2nd half.

Only other guys in the league that I can think of that could help with LeBron are Metta, Cap'n Jack, Shawn Marion, and maybe Tony Allen (size)... The only possibility I see of OKC acquiring one of them would be Marion, and that's only if DAL amnesties him.
    I mean, tbh, the fallacy starts with putting "guarding" and "Lebron" in the same sentence. You simply can't. It's like Kobe or Durant...some guys are just beasts....he just happens to be the biggest beast of them all. I really think what OKC needs to focus on against Miami, as far as defense goes, is shutting down the passing lanes and keeping the ball out of Wade and Bosh's hands. And if you're going to let the Big 3 get theirs, then you have to hold everyone else under 30 (they had 37 last night).

And when I say shutting down the passing lanes, the now infamous Perkins play last night is a great example. Perkins had to clear out of the protected area (he was getting close to a 3-second violation) and protect against the baseline drive. He could have been 2 feet further from the baseline to cut off the passing lane to Bosh high in the post, but really, Durant should have been about 3 feet further from the foul line and more centered in the lane.

Martin guarding Bosh would have left a wide open three.

I say let Lebron get his points, but limit his rebounds and DEFINITELY limit his assists.

Wake up, Thunder.

Shitty 1st quarter. Westbrook forcing passes to stone hands in traffic.

Alright guys lets go

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

This is ridiculous. Ball handling is horrible.

Our 2nd unit has been looking very disoriented the last couple of games.

Man got to close out this half better

SA was beating this same shitty team by 46 points the other night.

Hmm Durant 6-11 and Russ 2-9. Ya keep chucking up 3's Russ.

Good job Serge!

Down 2 at half I'll take it

Duke might win this shit

starting strong in the 2nd half

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    starting strong in the 2nd half
    Who? Duke?

Seriously. Get Westbrook out. Send a ****ing message Brooks.

Going to lose to the ****ing Mavs? Wake the hell up Thunder.

This is an embarassing performance. No pride on the defensive end whatsoever.

Well after that shot, can pretty much count this game over.

Looks like KD is not going to rest this 2nd half

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Embarrassing losing to Dallas..