Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 676 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom167689 Views 8660 Replies
Page 19 of 174 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119

Tweet from David Aldridge

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Nazr Muhammad said during the Finals that once Reggie Jackson gets in the Thunder's rotation, it'll be very hard to get him out.

vrortiz: so that was D Mayberry talking with Berry?

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    vrortiz: so that was D Mayberry talking with Berry?
    Yes, Berry was tryna sell him on the idea of acquiring Marion to guard LeBron, but Mayberry was not impressed with the aging Marion.

Don't think Dallas would take that offer anyway.

I'm not too fond of giving up K-Mart on that deal anyways.

Part of me wonders if we wouldn't be just fine without a trade if we would just give our bench more minutes to develop some level of continuity and confidence.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

OJ Mayo is a pretty good defender as well. I'd like that trade.
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    OJ Mayo is a pretty good defender as well. I'd like that trade.
    He's one of my fantasy players... Kicks ass. Great numbers. I'd love him here.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Part of me wonders if we wouldn't be just fine without a trade if we would just give our bench more minutes to develop some level of continuity and confidence.
    This. Our bench is not as stout as it has ever been... Just need to get them more involved.

Does anyone where I can get a live stream for tonight's game? I'm out of state right now. It's not on national TV is it?

Looking forward to seeing Durant own Harden again.

Defense has been so shitty in this game.

Lets go

Sloppy Sloppy Sloppy.

I mean, that's what you're gonna have when you play the Thunder and Rockets play because they both go all offense all the time.

Nice run at the end of the 2nd. 68 points in the 1st half...quality D from Houston. We need to Harden to pick up another foul or two and this game will be over.

Wow...this is turning into a fantastic performance. Both ends of the floor.

Wow...this is turning into a fantastic performance. Both ends of the floor.
    Not to take anything away from the Thunder but the Rockets just suck.

Not to take anything away from the Thunder but the Rockets just suck.
    They are not that bad. A Top 10 team, record-wise.

Why does Harden struggle so much against the Thunder? He's been straight horrible in both games, but good against everyone else.

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    They are not that bad. A Top 10 team, record-wise.
    I thought you were FOS. I went and looked and they'd be a 6th seed today if the playoffs started. Either way the Thunder are doing a good job making them look like they have single digit wins. It's pretty ugly.

Why does Harden struggle so much against the Thunder? He's been straight horrible in both games, but good against everyone else.
    Because he tries too hard against his former team or Thunder have him figured out??... Maybe a combo of both...

I thought you were FOS. I went and looked and they'd be a 6th seed today if the playoffs started. Either way the Thunder are doing a good job making them look like they have single digit wins. It's pretty ugly.
    They are pretty solid, they would be 4th or 5th in the East. Just looked shitty today, it can look like that when they run up and down like they do... OKC did a great job of runnin' and keeping up with 'em

TTFU!

30 point win. Westbrook played great tonight.

This is to SG, I have to eat crow about RJ... He is starting to turn it around... I'm glad he is though, didn't think it was in him.

uhh, he has not been good against everyone else. This kind of stat line has not been unusual throughout the season. Obviously he's had some incredible games, but he's had some real stinkers too.

But, it doesn't help that Harden is still playing isolation ball in Houston, and OKC knows his tendencies really really really well.

Damn. Thunder played fantastic tonight. It's sick how good this team is when Russ plays well.

uhh, he has not been good against everyone else. This kind of stat line has not been unusual throughout the season. Obviously he's had some incredible games, but he's had some real stinkers too.

But, it doesn't help that Harden is still playing isolation ball in Houston, and OKC knows his tendencies really really really well.
    His season stats are pretty damn good

Kevin Martin looked really good tonight off and on the ball.

If Reggie Jackson can turn what are currently his best minutes into fairly standard minutes for him, we'll be glad to have him on the bench.

It's amazing how shitty Durant can play and make 16 points look so easy. His first like 15 minutes were AWFUL. Then he said "**** you ****es, I'm Kevin Durant"

Originally Posted by brian View Post
    And he's having a good season...he's still had some horrendous games.

Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Harden is pretty damn good... They'll be scary once he gets help.

2 users like usaosooner's post: OrangeBlossom, VRO405

"I felt comfortable," Westbrook said. "It's probably the first night all year I shot the ball well. I've got to put two games together."

Pretty interesting commentary from Westbrook on his performance so far.

Don't see how you can say that after seeing his FG percentage, +/- numbers, and his PER. He's had VERY FEW stinker games.

Don't see how you can say that after seeing his FG percentage, +/- numbers, and his PER. He's had VERY FEW stinker games.
    Because I actually have done research is how. You were the one who branded Harden's game last night as horrible. I replied that this is not an unusual stat line for him. Below are the following games he's shot under 40%, followed by Rebs/Ast/Stls/TOs. The only game in which he scored more than 25 points was on 12/16 against Boston where he scored 28. This represents 38% of the games James Harden has played this season. Bolded represent really bad games.

12/29 3/1/2/4
    12/16 4/4/2/2
    12/14 5/5/1/1
    12/4 10/6/4/4
    11/28 2/3/2/3
    11/19 2/3/2/2

11/18 2/7/2/5
    11/12 3/5/4/2
    11/9 4/4/1/5
    11/7 3/2/1/6
    11/3 6/5/3/5

NBA - Harden can't do it alone
    James Harden was 2-for-6 (33.3 percent) on isolation plays Saturday and is 3-for-12 (25.0 percent) on that play type against the Thunder this season. Overall, Harden is playing more in isolation with the Rockets than he did with the Thunder, and is not having the same success on that play type.
    about 12 hours ago | ESPN Stats and Information

What exactly is your point, dumbass? James Harden is a bad player? Every player is going to have off-shooting nights. Even Michael Jordan had clunker. You don't have to post stats either, my reading comprehension is fine. Are you trying to downgrade Harden's impact this year? He isn't having the same success on isolation, b/c he doesn't have Westbrook or Durant in Houston. He has Omer Asik and Chandler Parsons. BIG TIME DIFFERENCE. Houston needs him to shoot a lot anyways, they're fairly limited offensively. And don't have to post offensive numbers from Houston as a team either, I can tell they're a top scoring team in the NBA. I'm just saying compared to other teams in the West, they're not as deep or talented. You can keep blowing smoke out your ass, but I'm not buying it. James Harden is legit. Top 5 in scoring, and top 10 in PER.

What exactly is your point, dumbass? James Harden is a bad player? Every player is going to have off-shooting nights. Even Michael Jordan had clunker. You don't have to post stats either, my reading comprehension is fine. Are you trying to downgrade Harden's impact this year? He isn't having the same success on isolation, b/c he doesn't have Westbrook or Durant in Houston. He has Omer Asik and Chandler Parsons. BIG TIME DIFFERENCE. Houston needs him to shoot a lot anyways, they're fairly limited offensively. And don't have to post offensive numbers from Houston as a team either, I can tell they're a top scoring team in the NBA. I'm just saying compared to other teams in the West, they're not as deep or talented. You can keep blowing smoke out your ass, but I'm not buying it. James Harden is legit. Top 5 in scoring, and top 10 in PER.
    Here, Let me help:

Here, Let me help:
    Now, let me help you.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Efficiency.jsp

Why exactly are you trying to refute a point I have never made?

Bad shooting night =/= Bad player. I've watched James Harden numerous times this year, as Houston is my 2nd favorite team after the Thunder. I followed them growing up, since they had Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler. There was a difference in the way Harden has played against OKC, and the way he has played against all other teams in the NBA. He has been horribad against OKC. He had some not-so-great shooting games against other NBA teams, but that doesn't mean he played horrible in them.

Bad shooting night =/= Bad player.
    Please show me where I said Harden is a bad player.

I've watched James Harden numerous times this year, as Houston is my 2nd favorite team after the Thunder. I followed them growing up, since they had Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler.
    That's a beautiful story, I'm glad you have two favorite teams.

There was a difference in the way Harden has played against OKC, and the way he has played against all other teams in the NBA. He has been horribad against OKC.
    This is asinine. Sure, the first game he played against OKC was particularly bad. He had 7 blocks against, his shooting was atrocious, and he did nothing the help the team...but that could well have had to do as much with the fact that not 12 hours earlier he was at a funeral for a 23 year old girl.

As for last night's game, let me restate the fact that you branded it as horrible. It was, in fact, not that bad of a game. It was, in fact, as good or better than 38% of his games this season, or, in other words, a fairly routine/average performance for Harden. Let me restate the fact that Harden has had some incredible games this season. Even so, he has played much worse against worse competition than the Thunder.

I get it, you're trying to troll me. Well, I'm not playing your game. If you want to believe James Harden is a bad player, than you're entitled to your misguided opinion. I'm not going to sit here and listen to it. I don't have enough time on my hand to argue with a witless wonder.

Have a nice day.

Rich. Somebody calls you out for putting words in their mouth and that means they're trolling you.

Next time, don't make asinine assertions and get defensive when people call you out on it.

...For the record, my personal opinion is that Harden is in a dead-heat contest to be the best SG in the league, and will probably be the best SG starting next year, as Bryant and Wade are starting to show serious age. But this was never about opinions...simply about facts...none of which you brought to the table in this entire "discussion"

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    This is to SG, I have to eat crow about RJ... He is starting to turn it around... I'm glad he is though, didn't think it was in him.
    It wasn't just you, there were a lot of people just ripping Reggie to shreds and I got the sense that everybody was doing it based off his play last year. Reggie wasn't ready last year and was thrust into a situation that he wasn't prepared for and played accordingly. But I watched him in summer league and the preseason and saw that he was much better, he played a lot more confidently. And then with Maynor struggling after the injury,I though it was time to give Reggie a chance. Especially since he is more affordable on a rookie deal compared to Maynor who is due for a new contract next year.

Everybody making judgements on the backup point using visions of pre injury Maynor and raw rookie Reggie. I like Maynor, but it bothered me that Reggie was viewed as just some scrub.

Last night during the game he was at the 1 and Russ was at the 2 and wanted the ball and Reggie turned him down and rotated the ball in the opposite direction. Reggie would have never done that in a million years last year.

BTW, reading the game thread on clutchfans is good stuff. They think that Aldrich is a double agent sent by the Thunder to sabotage the Rockets from the inside. lulz
    3 users like SG1's post: ImTheDude, Teo9969, WFSooner

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    BTW, reading the game thread on clutchfans is good stuff. They think that Aldrich is a double agent sent by the Thunder to sabotage the Rockets from the inside. lulz

It wasn't just you, there were a lot of people just ripping Reggie to shreds and I got the sense that everybody was doing it based off his play last year. Reggie wasn't ready last year and was thrust into a situation that he wasn't prepared for and played accordingly. But I watched him in summer league and the preseason and saw that he was much better, he played a lot more confidently. And then with Maynor struggling after the injury,I though it was time to give Reggie a chance. Especially since he is more affordable on a rookie deal compared to Maynor who is due for a new contract next year.

Everybody making judgements on the backup point using visions of pre injury Maynor and raw rookie Reggie. I like Maynor, but it bothered me that Reggie was viewed as just some scrub.

Last night during the game he was at the 1 and Russ was at the 2 and wanted the ball and Reggie turned him down and rotated the ball in the opposite direction. Reggie would have never done that in a million years last year.
    I never felt like he was a scrub. The kid is a freakish athlete, I just didn't like the decisions/mistakes he made at times when given the opportunity. But I see he is maturing each game... I rather him get the experience now than later... It's obvious that it's going to take Maynor much longer to get back to form than we expected, so might as well let RJ get in there.

Haha the people on that Rockets link are absolutely slamming Aldrich. I kinda feel like I'd be saying the same thing were he still with the Thunder.

I think the Rockets are going to cut Daequan. When evaluating this trade you must also consider that Presti got rid of some mistakes. Whoever was going to get Harden, also had to take Lazar, Daequan and Aldrich. One was cut immediately, another is about to get cut and the fans hate the only one remaining. And they are on guaranteed contracts so the Rockets still have to pay them. lulz

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Haha the people on that Rockets link are absolutely slamming Aldrich. I kinda feel like I'd be saying the same thing were he still with the Thunder.
    Thunder fans would definitely be doing the same if he got the same number of minutes as he is with Houston.

I think the Rockets are going to cut Daequan. When evaluating this trade you must also consider that Presti got rid of some mistakes. Whoever was going to get Harden, also had to take Lazar, Daequan and Aldrich. One was cut immediately, another is about to get cut and the fans hate the only one remaining. And they are on guaranteed contracts so the Rockets still have to pay them. lulz
    It was all the little things in the trade that made it so unbelievably lopsided (IMO). The Rockets got what they wanted, but they had to pay a price. The Thunder got what they wanted and lots of extra goodies.