Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 730 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom171913 Views 8660 Replies
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 8661
Page 34 of 174 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    He is a steal at $5M/yr for the next 2 yrs
    Thats amazing. He could be the final piece of the Thunder puzzle.

Everytime I see Cousins play, I'm amazed at how talented he is
    And yet he has to be one of the biggest dumbasses in the league.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Originally Posted by 55-17beatdown2011 View Post
    Yes he could!

Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    And yet he has to be one of the biggest dumbasses in the league.
    Agreed! Just comes to show how attitude is a major factor in any profession.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Dear god no..do not want.

Alright guys. Do work in the 2nd half

Perkins is useless versus Miami. We acquired Perkins to compete with the Laker big men, now we need somebody different if we ever want to stand a chance in a 7 game series with the champs. Cousins is as talented as they come.

Perkins is useless versus Miami. We acquired Perkins to compete with the Laker big men, now we need somebody different if we ever want to stand a chance in a 7 game series with the champs. Cousins is as talented as they come.
    I don't care how talented he is. He's not a team player and is a major disruption in the locker room.

Holy hell, Maynor looks awful

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    I don't care how talented he is. He's not a team player and is a major disruption in the locker room.
    He's 22 years old and could possibly excel on a team with veteran leadership like the Thunder. Not every player is mentally NBA ready at 22.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Holy hell, Maynor looks awful
    Unfortunately, yes.

He's 22 years old and could possibly excel on a team with veteran leadership like the Thunder. Not every player is mentally NBA ready at 22.
    This. Probably will never happen, but he would kill Miami's low post!

Garbage.

Perkins is hardly useless...he's just not a guy you want on the floor for 25 minutes.

Furthermore...it's silly to think we don't have the capability of competing with Miami based on our current roster.

At the end of the day, there are 3 reasons we lost to Miami last year (and again on 12/25): Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier and Mike Miller. If OKC is going to beat the Heat, it's going to be with 1. Great Defense that neutralizes the effectiveness of the Miami's perimeter game and 2. The ability to force Udonis Haslem into the game by beating them in the paint.

Durant still has time, but he needs to work more in the low post so that when OKC plays Miami they can draw more fouls, involve Serge in the offense more, and open up the perimeter for Martin and Thabo. Brooks and Westbrook also need to find a way to get Serge more involved at the rim.

And I'll point out this game again, but when Miami played OKC in OKC during the regular season last year, Perkins had 16 points....

Six...Teen...Points...

At some point, Scott needs to look at that game film and 1. Repeat some of that strategy and 2. Find a corollary strategy that is opened up when that particular strategy is defended.

Perkins is not the problem with Miami...if anything, he should be, and has been, more effective offensively against Miami based on their lack of post presence...That's on Brooks and the rest of the team (particularly Westbrook) to give him good opportunities at the rim.

Nothing will deflate Miami quicker, than 1. Getting killed by Kendrick Perkins and 2. Forcing them to guard a relatively harmless offensive player at the expense of leaving other, far more viable threats a little more open.

Yeah, Miami's bench shooting like Pleasantville in the Finals had more to do with that series loss than Perkins.

Yea, Miami's secondary players shot lights out against the Thunder. As much as Id love to say that wont happen again, it actually happened for at least a half on Christmas earlier this season.

As long as we shut down their secondary shooters, I think OKC will be fine. LeBron/Wade cancel out KD/Russ and vice versa. Its up to OKC's secondary players

Because the Thunder broadcast is ridiculously homerific and will show 80 replays of impressive Thunder dunks but none of an impressive opponent dunk, here is Outlaw getting Hasheem from the Sacto broadcast.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Garbage.

Perkins is hardly useless...he's just not a guy you want on the floor for 25 minutes.

Furthermore...it's silly to think we don't have the capability of competing with Miami based on our current roster.

At the end of the day, there are 3 reasons we lost to Miami last year (and again on 12/25): Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier and Mike Miller. If OKC is going to beat the Heat, it's going to be with 1. Great Defense that neutralizes the effectiveness of the Miami's perimeter game and 2. The ability to force Udonis Haslem into the game by beating them in the paint.

Durant still has time, but he needs to work more in the low post so that when OKC plays Miami they can draw more fouls, involve Serge in the offense more, and open up the perimeter for Martin and Thabo. Brooks and Westbrook also need to find a way to get Serge more involved at the rim.

And I'll point out this game again, but when Miami played OKC in OKC during the regular season last year, Perkins had 16 points....

Six...Teen...Points...

At some point, Scott needs to look at that game film and 1. Repeat some of that strategy and 2. Find a corollary strategy that is opened up when that particular strategy is defended.

Perkins is not the problem with Miami...if anything, he should be, and has been, more effective offensively against Miami based on their lack of post presence...That's on Brooks and the rest of the team (particularly Westbrook) to give him good opportunities at the rim.

Nothing will deflate Miami quicker, than 1. Getting killed by Kendrick Perkins and 2. Forcing them to guard a relatively harmless offensive player at the expense of leaving other, far more viable threats a little more open.
    Agree about the perimeter players being problem número uno, but I disagree about this current squad's ability to compete with Miami. Miami upgraded in the offseason adding Ray Allen, while we got slightly worse. Although Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are all playing the best basketball of their careers, I still feel, over a seven game series, Miami is too good for us. Inside and out. It was nice when Perkins got 16 points, but relying on him to average about 8-10 points per game is unrealistic. Charles Barkley is right, and I say that cringingly. We need a better post presence game

Comments from Kings fans

It was so refreshing to go though the boards and not see anyone complaining that the refs were handing the game to OKC. Kings fans seem like a decent bunch. I'm sorry they may lose their team. I've highlighted my favorites in bold. What are yours?

Westbrook is going to have his way with Isaiah. This is gonna be a blowout. OKC is way too good

Could this game be labeled as: Past Sonics Vs. Future Sonics?

I wonder if Oden really would have been better than Durant. Seems unlikely, huh? I suspect Oden went first because of his build as compared to Duranr. I mean really, how could such a skinny guy like Durant be very good on offense.

Lol I just choked laughing. The Thunder announcers said Keith Smart's strong point is that he has a plan and follows it. Oh god if only they knew..

BEAT THE SEATTLE SUPER OKIE THUNDER SONICS

I'm gonna have to get drunker than nocioni And higher than brad miller for this one

We might actually have chance to lead going into the later parts of the game... Only to collapse and give it away in the last 3 minutes..

It is better to have led and lost than to have never led at all

Kings up 10. Then. A monster slam by Durant. Wow!! That was Vicious!

Durant looked pissed....uh oh

Durant is angry we didn't ask him to be a part owner

Hey, you guys think we can guard Martin tonight?? ****in' ridiculous!!

Oh shit I think OKC just realized they’re a better team.

We were up 14 like 2 minuts ago now it's tied? What the hell is wrong with this team!

At least we're drawing fouls.....

Uh oh, thabeet'd

Kings collapsing like Seattle's bid

It feels like martin has taken 100 3's already

These OKC announcers are rubes And homers. I don’t love Grant at times, but this is like listening to a high school AV club call a game.

Liggins didn't want IT's help getting up. That was pretty petty.

You'd think that the Kings know they have to guard Kevin Martin, of all people.

Does K-mart do anything but sit on the 3pt line..

Hes kind of become what Mike Bibby was sadly forced to become later in his career it looks like. He still drives quite a bit though. Looks like he is going to be the game changer for them tonight.

Durant with 2 fouls. Time to get him No.3

Remember when Westbrook couldn't shoot?

Remember when he would let Durant shoot.....oh wait he never did

Damn k mart is nice

Oh, is Westbrook a little frustrated? Nice to see!

I think he deserve a T foul for hitting the table

Cousins would have gotten 6 techs by now With thatr demonstrative Westbrook whining. What’s he complaining about anyway

Our best offense is drawing OKC into illegal defense calls.

I'm glad they are looking at Ibaka sitting in the lane this year.

These OKC fans are such bandwagoners.

OKC 2 best players vs Our 2 best players:
    Durant 20mins
    Westbrook 19.5mins
    Cousins 19mins
    Tyreke 14mins.
    Hmm. Wish we had Scott Brooks

This team makes me want to use really bad language

Strangely Attacking Kevin Martin is good strategy; I seem to remember that from before.

Thunder crew: “Cousins has become a turnover disaster here in the 2nd quarter”

They may be homers, but they do have eyeballs.

Don´t think they´re homers, I actually like their work.

DeMarcus would argue with the refs that the sun doesn't shine.

I'd love to have Sefolosha on this team. He’s become a really nice player.

Dang, when OKC executes like this they’re extremely difficult to beat

Westbrook = NaPG They really need a starting PG.

Well the Thunder are playing well with Westbrook running the show

That was a....humor joke.

The Thunder announcers are annoying Slobbering all over Westbrook

Thunder announcers would coach this team better than Keith

My dog could coach the team better than Smart.

You know, it's sad we're being blown out by the defending Western Champs. However, there is something to be said that we got blown out like this by the Hornets too.

And the world is reminded why Thabeet never quite worked out as a Top 3 pick.

You know what the funny thing is? I'm not sure if we've thrown in the towel and this is garbagetime or if we're just playing our usual second unit.

I think it just speaks volumes that up 21 in the 4th quarter the Thunder still have Kevin Durant in the game.

Martin has really become a much improved defender. Must be the change of scenery. Iam impressed

Down 19 Who wants to bet they cut to like 7 with 5 minutes left aand lose in the final few minutes

How about they increase it and King's lose by 28? Just being realistic

Your career is over when Thabeet blocks your shot

When guns are outlawed, Outlaw will still suck

Why the F*** is Durant still in this game

Needs to pad his stats

Good to see K Mart finding a perfect fit with the Thunder. I always said he was a perfect 3rd option scorer.

WOW.... We lost by 10 points only ?
    http://flceltsfanscelticthunder.blog...s-125.html?m=1

Lamb seems to have wrenched his back. He went for a rebound and immediately winced and grabbed his back and is now out of the game.

And he has left the bench to go to the locker room. Lets hope this isn't anything.

Edit: He is back in the game

Lamb seems to have wrenched his back. He went for a rebound and immediately winced and grabbed his back and is now out of the game.

And he has left the bench to go to the locker room. Lets hope this isn't anything.

Edit: He is back in the game
    Where are you watching these games?

Youtube shows them live and archives them. The best way to find the Tulsa games is on their website tulsa66ers.com

And btw, Lamb just came back in for a minute or two and has not returned. uh oh

Youtube shows them live and archives them. The best way to find the Tulsa games is on their website tulsa66ers.com

And btw, Lamb just came back in for a minute or two and has not returned. uh oh
    That's cool, I didn't know that.

Agree about the perimeter players being problem número uno, but I disagree about this current squad's ability to compete with Miami. Miami upgraded in the offseason adding Ray Allen, while we got slightly worse. Although Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are all playing the best basketball of their careers, I still feel, over a seven game series, Miami is too good for us. Inside and out. It was nice when Perkins got 16 points, but relying on him to average about 8-10 points per game is unrealistic. Charles Barkley is right, and I say that cringingly. We need a better post presence game
    Sorry...if we can't scheme a way for Perkins to get 8 PPG vs. Miami we don't deserve to win. Miami is every bit as shitty in the post as we are...ESPECIALLY defensively. Perkins made 6 of his 8 FGs from inside of 2 feet (with 3 dunks I believe).

If Perkins doesn't take 4/5 shots in the first half against Miami, then OKC deserves to lose. We are 1-5 vs Miami when Perkins takes <5 shots. Miami's front court is a laughing stock.

Not trying to be antagonistic here, but we can't run our offense through Kendrick Perkins against Miami. I'd rather take my chances with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Martin getting the shots, than Perkins getting >5 SPG against Miami. It's not like OKC hasn't had a chance to win these games against Miami, they just haven't gotten the necessary stops at crucial times late in the game. Perkins HASN'T been the same force he was on offense since Bynum buckled his knees during Game 6 of the '10 finals. He used to be a threat to go 10/10 every game. Expecting him to do that now is out of the question... We've all seen him play long enough in OKC to know he isn't capable of it.

You guys see what RW wore to the arena? Lol

(Apologize for shitty pic)

ESPN crew was like, "is that aluminum foil?" Lol

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Not trying to be antagonistic here, but we can't run our offense through Kendrick Perkins against Miami. I'd rather take my chances with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Martin getting the shots, than Perkins getting >5 SPG against Miami. It's not like OKC hasn't had a chance to win these games against Miami, they just haven't gotten the necessary stops at crucial times late in the game. Perkins HASN'T been the same force he was on offense since Bynum buckled his knees during Game 6 of the '10 finals. He used to be a threat to go 10/10 every game. Expecting him to do that now is out of the question... We've all seen him play long enough in OKC to know he isn't capable of it.
    I don't think 5 to 10 shots constitutes running the offense through Kendrick...especially if 80% of those shots are relatively open shots at the rim. I'm not advocating drawing up plays where Kendrick is taking shots from the elbow. Miami is not going to guard the paint/rim well enough to keep Perkins from getting open looks several times/game. The only way that happens is if they keep Haslem (or I guess Birdman, now) on the court. If that happens, then the backcourt will have an easier time getting open looks.

Ready to whip some Lakers ass Thunder Up

Another game against the Lakers, another game we kick their butts.

Stupid OT

It's gay how we can't even watch the game due to OT.

Espnews..****.

Lakers up 2 36-34 8 minutes left in the 2nd

Did a bird take a crap in Thabeet's hair?
    The following users like this post: COLLISON ANGRY

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Did a bird take a crap in Thabeet's hair?
    LOL

KD got nailed in the face

Westbrook is like 1/45, but has good game going everywhere else haha.

I think the Lakers may have found a way to win (or at least compete with big teams). Kobe needs to pass more and get more guys involved. Against Utah he had 14 points 14 assists and 9 reb. They won big. Now he has 15 points 10 assists and 9 reb. And they are playing really well against us. It's all about ball movement in D'Antonis offense

lakers making everything.

Sure do need RW scoring.

Damn, Westbrook has done everything great today except make shots.

Poor shooting has killed them today...not looking good for a win.

That last 3 attempt by Westbrook makes no sense

Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    I think the Lakers may have found a way to win (or at least compete with big teams). Kobe needs to pass more and get more guys involved. Against Utah he had 14 points 14 assists and 9 reb. They won big. Now he has 15 points 10 assists and 9 reb. And they are playing really well against us. It's all about ball movement in D'Antonis offense
    Yes, I agree! I think if Kobe is willing to play PG and use his b-ball IQ to run the offense, he could play several more years in the league

I know Kobe is good, but when he already has 13 assists, I don't understand how our big men switch off mentally and give Pau an easy bucket for Kobe's 14th assist.

Russell needs to calm down in this final minute

Surprised how much the Lakers got under KD and Russ's skin today. They've owned these fools this year

Well that was depressing.

Kevin Martin only played 19 min... WTF???
    The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Surprised how much the Lakers got under KD and Russ's skin today. They've owned these fools this year
    We've owned them for the last 2 and a half yrs... Oh well, still don't consider them a threat

Kevin Martin only played 19 min... WTF???
    I understand LA has Kobe and it's usually Thabo's job to lock him down but Kobe killed us with his passing. 14 assists and 12 shot attempts

If the Lakers play inspired defense every night, and the ball moves like it has the last 2 games, the Lakers can compete with everyone in the league.......