Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 767 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom175106 Views 8660 Replies
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 8661
Page 35 of 174 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135
    Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    If the Lakers play inspired defense every night, and the ball moves like it has the last 2 games, the Lakers can compete with everyone in the league.......
    Lakers are A LOOONG ways away from competing with teams like the Clippers, Thunder, or Spurs in the play-offs.
    The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Lakers are A LOOONG ways away from competing with teams like the Clippers, Thunder, or Spurs in the play-offs.
    Well obviously they have a ways to go to even make the playoffs. Like I said, IF they play like they have the last 2 games they beat anyone. The playoffs are traditionally a half court grind, and that favors a team like LA with multiple bigs, and older guys who understand spacing, sets, etc.

It's all about how the Lakers defend, and how they move the ball. They have enough firepower to compete with the teams you named, IMO.....

Been reading Lakergrounds, My Gawd do fans know how to overreact! If OKC wins this it's just business as usual. Since LA won all of a sudden everything has changed? LOL.

I am not talking about you Jmizzy. Just talking about other Lakers fans who are living in denial.

SoonerBounce Guest

Been reading Lakergrounds, My Gawd do fans know how to overreact! If OKC wins this it's just business as usual. Since LA won all of a sudden everything has changed? LOL.

I am not talking about you Jmizzy. Just talking about other Lakers fans who are living in denial.
    I can see why they are optimistic. Something finally clicked with Kobe. They still have tons of talent and potential

Need to get some rest and prepare for Memphis. Huge game on Thursday

Yeah, unfortunately Laker fans don't corner the market on knee jerk reactions. I have been a Laker fan since the 70's, and they usually have pretty level fans. A lot of younger Kobe fans have jumped aboard in the last 15 yrs....

Like Bounce said, the Lakers were predicted to win the west, and possibly the whole thing. Like Van Gundy said, they had a 5 game streak earlier, but never came close to playing like they have the last 2 games against Utah & OKC. If they play inspired defense, and Kobe keeps sharing, they have the firepower to beat anyone.

Teams will adjust, and at some point Kobe will probably need 30 shots for them to win. I had about given up on them after the Chicago fiasco, but the last 2 games, not just the wins, but the effort, execution, and teamwork have given me a new hope.

A lot of work left to be done, but I think they FINALLY got on the right track. Now we have to see if they sustain it......

Will this make the Westbrook haters realize the Thunder need Westbrook to score? The assists are nice, but the need Russ to hit his normal shots.
    The following users like this post: COLLISON ANGRY

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Will this make the Westbrook haters realize the Thunder need Westbrook to score? The assists are nice, but the need Russ to hit his normal shots.
    There is no doubt in my mind that OKC is a much more dangerous team when RW scores over 20, but when he is shooting 27% from the field (which doesn't happen often), he does not need to shoot the ball 22x's and the other guys need to step up (Ibaka, K-Mart, Collision, etc). But I still think we lost this game on the defensive end

Lol, enjoy this one win against OKC

Westbrook had decent shots, just weren't falling.

Yep. Not like Westbrook was taking shots he usually doesn't...just one of those horrible nights that every shooter has.

Agree that defense lost us the game. We couldn't get a stop in the final 2 minutes. You will not win a game from behind on the back of the offense.

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    Lol, enjoy this one win against OKC
    Sure will!!!!!!!!! LA has never enjoyed any success against the Sonics/Thunder. Those 15+ banners were just hung for grins & giggles.

Typical "new Thunder/NBA fan"..................

Sure will!!!!!!!!! LA has never enjoyed any success against the Sonics/Thunder. Those 15+ banners were just hung for grins & giggles.

Typical "new Thunder/NBA fan"..................
    Typical "Let's remember the past and forget the present, because our team is mightily below average" LA fan
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

Typical "Let's remember the past and forget the present, because our team is mightily below average" LA fan
    So you are giving me permission to enjoy today's victory???? Thanks brah!!!!! :-)

It's gonna be unbearable around here IF/WHEN the thunder FINALLLY wins something. LBJ says hello by the way........

So you are giving me permission to enjoy today's victory???? Thanks brah!!!!! :-)

It's gonna be unbearable around here IF/WHEN the thunder FINALLLY wins something. LBJ says hello by the way........
    I said you could enjoy this win in my earlier post, your sensitivity didn't allow you to do so without putting a butthurt post

I said you could enjoy this win in my earlier post, your sensitivity didn't allow you to do so without putting a butthurt post

Hahahahaha.. did you really think that was a butthurt post??? I was actually poking fun at you because everyone was pretty tame about today's game which meant little in the overall scheme of things, and only you seemed to be bothered by any Laker celebration, which of course was not evident anyway.

Like I said LA has won enough and lost enough, that most of our fans stay pretty level headed about things either way. No one in purple/gold was jumping up & down, and we certainly weren't crowning ourselves. I was simply saying if LA plays like they have the last 2 games, they can give anyone in the league INCLUDING Da Thunda, trouble with their roster.....

Hahahahaha.. did you really think that was a butthurt post??? I was actually poking fun at you because everyone was pretty tame about today's game which meant little in the overall scheme of things, and only you seemed to be bothered by any Laker celebration, which of course was not evident anyway.

Like I said LA has won enough and lost enough, that most of our fans stay pretty level headed about things either way. No one in purple/gold was jumping up & down, and we certainly weren't crowning ourselves. I was simply saying if LA plays like they have the last 2 games, they can give anyone in the league INCLUDING Da Thunda, trouble with their roster.....
    In all honesty, my original post was in response to ESPN continuously showing it and talking about it like it was some playoff game. I had no problem with anything you specifically said, you can enjoy it, its a good win. I would

LA is LA, I get it, but if you're gonna show a team's highlights and break them down of a below .500 team, show Charlotte some love then

In all honesty, my original post was in response to ESPN continuously showing it and talking about it like it was some playoff game. I had no problem with anything you specifically said, you can enjoy it, its a good win. I would

LA is LA, I get it, but if you're gonna show a team's highlights and break them down of a below .500 team, show Charlotte some love then

Totally understand that. Always has been that way with any teams in LA, NY, Chicago, ETC.... LA gets a lot of press because of Kobe/Nash/D-12. If I was a non Laker fan I would tire quickly of it. Same with the Cowboys, Yankees, etc.......

Totally understand that. Always has been that way with any teams in LA, NY, Chicago, ETC.... LA gets a lot of press because of Kobe/Nash/D-12. If I was a non Laker fan I would tire quickly of it. Same with the Cowboys, Yankees, etc.......
    You want Howard for 10 more years?

Im not sure I would

SoonerBounce Guest
    You want Howard for 10 more years?

Im not sure I would
    why would you not want the best center in the game?

I lol'd at traber the other day b/c he said Bynum is a much better player than howard

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    why would you not want the best center in the game?

I lol'd at traber the other day b/c he said Bynum is a much better player than howard
    He's the best, but doesn't play hard 24/7 like Kobe, KD, etc.

He's the best, but doesn't play hard 24/7 like Kobe, KD, etc.
    has to be a MAJOR spot of frustration for hoop purists world wide... Whether they be players (I imagine Kobe would love to throttle D12), coaches, fans. The guy has all the tools , gifts , and opportunity to be a top 3 Center. Guy dogs it more often than not and STILL dominates smh.

Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    has to be a MAJOR spot of frustration for hoop purists world wide... Whether they be players (I imagine Kobe would love to throttle D12), coaches, fans. The guy has all the tools , gifts , and opportunity to be a top 3 Center. Guy dogs it more often than not and STILL dominates smh.
    Sound a lot like another Laker former center..... As much as I loved Shaq, this would be a pretty accurate description of him as well.......

SoonerBounce Guest

Vanity Perkins in arguement with nail stylist. Kendrick shows up and throw Gatorade bottle at window

http://m.koco.com/news/Incident-invo...j/-/index.html

Vanity Perkins in arguement with nail stylist. Kendrick shows up and throw Gatorade bottle at window

Nice.

Best mix video of KD I've seen yet

This is not the first run-in she's had with locals, but I can't remember the other issues

Wonder what the issue was?

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    One theory I heard was that she told them her money was in the car and went out to get it, but the employees locked the door so she couldn't leave. Who knows what to believe.. onky if we could watch full video with audio.

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    TLO said one story was the nail tech did a bad job. They fixed the mistakes but Perk's wife refused to pay.

So Memphis just traded Rudy Gay.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    So Memphis just traded Rudy Gay.
    Honestly don't understand this, at least ride out your leading scorer until the end of the season.

Can you imagine how different OKC would of been last season if they traded Harden at the deadline instead of riding him out?

The Grizzlies are going insane. They just traded 3 good role players for a nobody about a week ago.

I wonder how that feels as an athlete. Get traded from a play-off team that could make a ton of noise, to some no hope team under .500.

Oh well, they get millions of dollars playing a kids game

I wonder how that feels as an athlete. Get traded from a play-off team that could make a ton of noise, to some no hope team under .500.

Oh well, they get millions of dollars playing a kids game
    Ask Harden?

Houston will make playoffs, but won't make it far..

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Ask Harden?

Houston will make playoffs, but won't make it far..
    He got what he wanted. Money

Rudy Gay had money and played for a great team, now he plays for a Canadian team

He got what he wanted. Money

Rudy Gay had money and played for a great team, now he plays for a Canadian team
    True, he got money..

Good time to play the Griz tonight imo. Gasol and Randolph always make it hard on us though.

Wonder if we see a fight between Perkins and Randolph.

Damnnn Ibaka!

Wonder if we see a fight between Perkins and Randolph.
    We need a photog by the locker rooms and out by the bus..

Whipping that ass

2nd half about to get going Let Westbrook be Westbrook

Seems like Durant has been a lot more personal when it comes to officiating this year, I like it.

Just now turned on the game. Saw a replay of that Collison dunk. COLLISON ANGRY!!!
    2 users like COLLISON ANGRY's post: Nazgul, OrangeBlossom

This is starting to get real hairy..

Westbrook has been out since about the 7min mark

why was westbrook so upset. that dude has a thin skin