Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 762 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom174658 Views 8660 Replies
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 8661
Page 43 of 174 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

The Heat managed to hit key 3's to stop every OKC switch in momentum countless times. That was huge IMO. From my vantage point it seemed to suck the air out of an arena on the brink of exploding countless times.

I'm a HUGE believer in momentum.

Also, will people start giving Reggie some respect now and quit throwing out these ridiculous trade scenarios like trading for Ramon Sessions and John Lucas because "the Thunder need a backup point?"

I thought that Reggie played well tonight.
    The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    Its got to wear you out having to chase Battier around though (Ibaka )
    **** that shit, that's no excuse... Especially when he's 10 yrs younger than Shane

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Also, will people start giving Reggie some respect now and quit throwing out these ridiculous trade scenarios like trading for Ramon Sessions and John Lucas because "the Thunder need a backup point?"

I thought that Reggie played well tonight.
    I been on Reggie's bandwagon since he took over the back-up role but he did make several costly errors tonight, but then again so did the entire team... I still don't think we need another back up PG. For what? When RW plays 35-40 min a night... We just need another big body who can defend well (like Marion/mbah)

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    I hate overreacting but ****.

Our best chance for a title is somebody upsetting the heat for us in the playoffs.

No plays at all

And screw these announcers while we r at it
    It's not overreacting, it's a fact.

A low-post scorer would be of huge benefit for us in this matchup. The Heat's bigs are susceptible defensively. We just cant take advantage of them

But hey - clearly the Heat are in these guys heads. The stupid defense, the hero-mode. Thunder were defeated before this game tipped off. If we make it to the finals (Clippers with a healthy Billups is gonna be trouble for us), if we don't have low-post scoring and stop the ****ing hero mode, we have zero chance of beating the Heat.
    The following users like this post: SoonerRO

As a Heat fan I get carried away but you guys are all good peeps.

Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

I just hope OKC doesn't become the Buffalo Bills of the NBA.

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    You guys are VERY young. Jim Kelly wasn't.

You can't compare the two leagues. (See Spurs, Celtics, Lakers)

A good nucleus will give you a shot for nearly a decade. And you have Presti.

Shit did not go to plan

Didn't get to focus on the game but from what I saw and from the box score: getting out rebounded by 11 by Miami and only registering 16 assists (10 of which belonged to Russ) is just befuddling.

PASS THE ****ING BALL. REBOUND THE ****ING BALL.

And for the love of all things holy fix this bullshit 3 point discrepancy against this team.

When was the last game we didn't fall behind by double digits at some point in the first half? When was the last game they didn't murder us from 3? When was the last game we logged more than our average # of assists against these cats?

And we can **** all we want about the problems with our offense, but we lost this game on defense. ****in 63 points in 1 half? 63 points?!
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Didn't get to focus on the game but from what I saw and from the box score: getting out rebounded by 11 by Miami and only registering 16 assists (10 of which belonged to Russ) is just befuddling.

And for the love of all things holy fix this bullshit 3 point discrepancy against this team.

When was the last game we didn't fall behind by double digits at some point in the first half? When was the last game they didn't murder us from 3? When was the last game we logged more than our average # of assists against these cats?

And we can **** all we want about the problems with our offense, but we lost this game on defense. ****in 63 points in 1 half? 63 points?!
    To who? Serge/Thabo/Perk made it very clear early on in the game that they were not up to the task and wanted to defer to the heroes KD and Russ

I honestly don't understand Serge. When OKC plays the Spurs, he plays with an intensity and a "Im gonna kick your ass" attitude, probably because he is playing Duncan and is inspired to beat one of the greats. Well do that against Miami man, OKC needs you to be able to demand defensive attention

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post

Dude. They can't pass the ball, that's the problem. They have shitty turnovers due to shitty passes. It is hard to watch such a good team have these issues.

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    To who? Serge/Thabo/Perk made it very clear early on in the game that they were not up to the task and wanted to defer to the heroes KD and Russ

I honestly don't understand Serge. When OKC plays the Spurs, he plays with an intensity and a "Im gonna kick your ass" attitude, probably because he is playing Duncan and is inspired to beat one of the greats. Well do that against Miami man, OKC needs you to be able to demand defensive attention
    KD's got the same fundamental issues against Miami, they're in his head, big-time, and thus he plays out of control.

I've always been a Brooks defender but heres the deal: this team HAS shown that it can space and move the ball. It's always just for a couple games at a time but they can do it. To see the team go immediately to hero/panic mode *after* a timeout has got me wondering what the ****'s going on over there on the bench.

And these people on the radio, omg. "this is why we shouldn't have traded Harden, fer gosh sakes!! " WTF How can you be so retarded?

SoonerBounce Guest

The game was terrible, the arena was quiet and Lebron owned us.

Was at the game and Lebron sucked the life out of the place.

I think the time is now to let go of Perk. I've been a huge supporter of his but really, OKC needs post scoring.

I've never seen a big man duo in Serge and Perk get pick pocketed more then they.

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Or the Isiah Thomas era Pistons that MJ owned

I think the time is now to let go of Perk. I've been a huge supporter of his but really, OKC needs post scoring.
    Perk shouldn't have set foot on the floor yesterday.

I don't think this is a fair statement. Perk was brought in to incorporate and do certain things for this team and those missions have been accomplished. The fact that he does not match up well with Miami's bigs is not the reason we keep losing to them. It's all about adjustments, and OKC has not made any of them. Its all on the coaching staff to make the right substitutions.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Perk shouldn't have set foot on the floor yesterday.
    Perk was not the problem last night. He had 5 boards and 8 pts.....well above his average. Where as Serg was the opposite, he was below average. Didn't even have a block. He had a bad game last night.

To whom should we pass the ball? Let's start with Kevin Martin, who took...5 shots last night.

From there, it's not even necessarily KD and RW that need to pass...it's everyone else. I don't know exactly what happened, but when only 3 of your players log an assist in a game, something is not right with the offense.

I'm not going to put this 6 game losing streak on the players though. This is clearly an issue of a coach not figuring out how to take advantage of another teams weaknesses. Ibaka took 6 shots last night. Against Miami, he should have 6 shots within 3 feet, let alone anything from mid to long range. Are you seriously telling me that we can't draw up plays to get the ball to the post and get some points.

And for the love of God, let Collison play against Miami. 15 minutes? When Reggie Jackson is playing 7 more minutes than Nick Collison against the best team in the NBA, you know your coach is having a brain fart.

We will not beat Miami playing small. Miami's biggest weakness is their front court. We will not be effective offensively against Miami if KD and Westbrook are the bulk of our offense. They probably need to combine for 38 shots or less, and Collison/Perk/Ibaka, probably need to combine for at least 16 shots.

Bottom line...I honestly don't think changing personnel is the answer here. Ibaka is obviously a threat offensively, and Perkins has demonstrated he is capable (especially against lesser competition) and Collison has been one of the Thunder's most consistent and best players for years now...We ought to at least utilize them before we call for a complete overhaul of the front court.

Teo you're absolutely right about Serge, he should be able to have a monster game against the Heat. And not via elbow jumpers

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    Teo you're absolutely right about Serge, he should be able to have a monster game against the Heat. And not via elbow jumpers
    Serge should be our 'Chris Bosh'... A big who can spread the floor with his mid-range game...And he has been that for us all year, he was just a no-show last night... Everybody wants to talk about how we can't stop LBJ, when in reality Bosh was the difference maker last night. Much like KD, LBJ is going to get his no matter what. I also think we did a good job of making LBJ beat us with his jumper for most of the night as opposed to letting him score in the paint... Seriously need Ibaka to step up if we want to stand a chance
    2 users like SoonerRO's post: Morningwood, SarasotaSooner

I think this rising stars game has had more offensive plays than the Thunder last night.

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    Serge should be our 'Chris Bosh'... A big who can spread the floor with his mid-range game...And he has been that for us all year, he was just a no-show last night... Everybody wants to talk about how we can't stop LBJ, when in reality Bosh was the difference maker last night. Much like KD, LBJ is going to get his no matter what. I also think we did a good job of making LBJ beat us with his jumper for most of the night as opposed to letting him score in the paint... Seriously need Ibaka to step up if we want to stand a chance
    Serge has always been a no show against the Heat. Its amazing the contrasting philosophy between the two teams. The Heat fight for every rebound, while Serge and Perk take possessions off and try and get a head start on defense or offense.

Serge needs to man up

A great article on why OKC's offense pretty much sucked against Heat. Pictures included

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/15/39...kdown-nba-2013

You guys think there is some truth to this or just simply bullshit?

Oklahoma City is another team with plenty of assets. After losing to the Lakers and both games of the season series to Miami, the Thunder are strongly considering a move, sources said. Thunder GM Sam Presti is likely dangling younger players and draft picks to land an offensively-gifted player to join Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/02/15/1...73&feedID=3725

Sam Amico's scoops and rumors have always proven to not be accurate.
    The following users like this post: OKCChuck

Man I'm confused now on what our needs are. I dont see Presti going after another big man, and I don't think backup PG is a glaring need anymore.

I'm not sure about our needs in specific positions... we have a superstar in Durant, plus Westbrook when he is going, and Ibaka can be great when his shot is falling. Sefolosha is a great defender and can hit threes when he's open, and Perk is, well, Perk. He's a physical presence that causes West teams problems against us. He doesn't match up as well against Miami, but who does?
    I think our main problem is just valuing possessions. Lots of turnovers against a good team like Miami are compounded, because they are more mature and don't make the same mistakes nearly as much. Not to mention, if Westbrook or Durant force a bad shot, or drive the lane 1 on 3, and give Miami an easy rebound and fast break opportunity, that is basically a turnover. You could probably add 5 or 6 of those to OKC's stat line.
    I think it is a maturity thing... and as soon as it clicks, we'll see OKC do a better job of protecting each possession and getting the most out of every opportunity down the court. Miami struggled the first year with Lebron, and lost in the finals to Dallas, who struggled to close games a few years before that, and lost to Miami... this is just the next hurdle for this really young, really good OKC team to get over. And Lebron is ****ing ridiculous right now. Hitting his prime, and could get even better in the next couple years. Scary.

A great article on why OKC's offense pretty much sucked against Heat. Pictures included

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/15/39...kdown-nba-2013
    Exactly.

Sam Amico's scoops and rumors have always proven to not be accurate.
    He lost credibility when he brought up the Lakers loss... We've owned 'em the last couple of years

It's a mix of bullshit and truth. He's just repeating what all insiders have said for about a week. Presti is feeling around, and Maynor is young, and this is one of the worst draft classes in many years. Plus, the Raptors are playing well since getting Rudy Gay. So, that Toronto pick isn't exactly a keeper. Of course Presti is looking to make a move. He's basically take the approach of a TV psychic. Covering all basis so he doesn't look wrong. He said "strongly considering" so if OKC doesn't, he's not wrong. Yet, if they do make a move, it's like he predicted it.

Al Jefferson would be a hell of an addition.....Spurs seem to be hot on him as of late. That could be VERY problematic for OKC in the West if SA lands him. Deadline is coming up.

Originally Posted by OKIE View Post
    Al Jefferson would be a hell of an addition.....Spurs seem to be hot on him as of late. That could be VERY problematic for OKC in the West if SA lands him. Deadline is coming up.
    Dude makes 15 Mil this year. No way we could land him.

Big Al going to the Spurs scares the shit out of me

I know everyone is hitting the panic button b/c of not being able to beat the Heat, but the Thunder shouldn't mortgage their entire franchise for just this year. That type of thinking is going to hurt OKC in the long run, and they can't afford it financially. Al Jefferson sounds great, but he cost WAY too much. I've also heard Kevin Garnett and Paul Millsap. I believe the Thunder should be patient and not make any sudden moves. They're still a young team. Durant and Westbrook are only 24 years old. They haven't even reached their primes yet. By the time Westbrook and Durant are Lebron's age(28), the Heat will be finished. Wade only has a couple years left of elite level basketball, James will be on the decline by the time he's 35-36. If the Thunder keep this team together without doing anything stupid financially, and continue to develop. They'll win multiple championships(3 or 4x).

Big Al going to the Spurs scares the shit out of me
    Talk about a nightmare for the Thunder

Talk about a nightmare for the Thunder
    +1

You guys. Harden to Westbrook lob just happened and it was a beautiful thing. I teared up a little bit.

No worries though, Unless the Spurs give up manu or tony, they're not getting Al Jefferson because they're next to the tax line too.

Just tuned into the game.

Haha the 2 players CP3 mentioned he was excited to play with in his speech were RW and KD. Thunder up.

Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Haha the 2 players CP3 mentioned he was excited to play with in his speech were RW and KD. Thunder up.
    I peeped that out too

Thank goodness Sam Presti runs the Thunder and not callers to the Sports Animal. If Sam would just listen to Al's show then he would know that the all the Thunder need to win the title is J.J. Bares. And if the Thunder could get Marcin Gortat then the NBA can just skip the playoffs and just go ahead and give the Larry O'Brien trophy to the Thunder because no one would beat the Thunder with Gortat.
    3 users like SG1's post: OKCChuck, SoonerRO, usaosooner

Still saying that? Wow. Anyone notice that PERKINS shut him down? Why would you down grade? I'll be the first one to admit, I was slightly interested by that trade scenario. Perkins shut any notion of that down.

Do we make any moves? The only one I'm really interested in is KG. I seriously doubt that happens but I can dream. I would be happy with any kind of scoring center but he's at the top of the list.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Do we make any moves? The only one I'm really interested in is KG. I seriously doubt that happens but I can dream. I would be happy with any kind of scoring center but he's at the top of the list.
    I don't think we do