Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 789 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom176484 Views 8660 Replies
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 8661
Page 47 of 174 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147
    Great first quarter 33-23

J.J. Barea is possibly my least favorite player in the league. Hate that little ****er.

That little ****er always rips us apart. Ugh...

Perk's showing some offensive moves tonight. He doesn't need to be Hakeem but if he can simply do what he's doing tonight, he makes the double team much harder for the other team to use.

Nice win tonight, still a bit worried about the defense...

WE WON A GAME
    The following users like this post: nstinson

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Perk's showing some offensive moves tonight. He doesn't need to be Hakeem but if he can simply do what he's doing tonight, he makes the double team much harder for the other team to use.
    I think Perk is aware that if he doesn't step up that he is on the verge of being dealt sooner or later.
    2 users like SoonerRO's post: freedombird, HeroOfTheDay

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Nice win tonight, still a bit worried about the defense...
    I'm worried about the stupid turnovers.

**** Barea and good win OKC.

Tonight's game on ESPN, WGN, and FSOK ..

ESPiN for me

Walmart in Stillwater

West Side Wal Mart in Norman has that too

'Cept ours is cooler and less into beastality
    2 users like HeroOfTheDay's post: nstinson, SarasotaSooner

Thunder Up lets go

Someone please punch Noah in the nuts

4 turnovers in under 3 mins..is that a record?

There you go Ibaka

Boom

SoonerBounce Guest
    I think Bradford's dad is in attendance. On that shitty no call okay where a bull rammed his hip into durant goin out of bounds you can see hin

fantasic

Up by 23 badass

Lamb is about to get some great minutes

Why they hell can't they play like this on the road?

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Why they hell can't they play like this on the road?
    We do most of the time. Our record kinda proves that. It's always easier to win at home though

Chicago sucks without Rose and Hinrich. Still a nice win, though, since we held them to an NBA season-low of 29.06% shooting from the field. Which bested the previous low of 29.11% by Charlotte against...the Thunder.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    We do most of the time. Our record kinda proves that. It's always easier to win at home though
    Uh, no...we never play like this on the road. We don't always play poorly on the road, but this team definitely looks drastically different at home.

Aside from the losses (Brooklyn on 1/2 and Miami on 2/14), OKC has pretty well wiped the floor with every team we've played at home. Like, game over before the 4th quarter kind of beatings. While we've had a couple of those on the road vs. really bad teams, we've not done that against teams like Chicago and Golden State. Hell, we're 4-6 in our last ten and 1-4 in our last five on the road.

I'm not worried, but I also think there is plenty of room for improvement on the road...at home, we are damn near unstoppable.

Really looking forward to the LA games coming up.

Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    Chicago sucks without Rose and Hinrich. Still a nice win, though, since we held them to an NBA season-low of 29.06% shooting from the field. Which bested the previous low of 29.11% by Charlotte against...the Thunder.
    One of the things that gives me confidence in the face of all these struggles is the fact that this team is really really good at defense when it tries. I think come playoff time, people are going to be surprised at how well the Thunder does even though it seems like they have taken a step back this year.

Think: We exchanged Harden for Martin, which is a drop in defense for sure, but Harden is not a special defender and Martin is not as bad as we thought he'd be (but he's still pretty bad). Westbrook and Durant have shown marked improvement on the defensive end and Ibaka continues to figure out when and where. Liggins has emerged as a solid defender and we just picked up Ronnie Brewer. This team will be incredibly feisty come the playoffs.

‏@dailythunder
    Per @ESPNSteinLine, the Thunder are close to re-signing Derek Fisher.

BAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I'll just laugh if that happens.

Maybe we can get Harden back before the playoffs too.

It's official accoring to Woj. Derek Fisher has signed with OKC

that is something

Hmmm... Don't know what to make of this... So we trade Maynor but sign Fish?...

PG: Russell Westbrook - Reggie Jackson
    SG: Thabo Sefolosha - Kevin Martin
    SF: Kevin Durant - Ronnie Brewer
    PF: Serge Ibaka - Nick Collison
    C: Kendrick Perkins - Hasheem Thabeet

That leaves the final 2 playoff roster spots between Fisher, PJIII, Lamb, Orton, and Liggins

No Orton. Probably no Lamb. I'm gonna guess they pick Fisher and Liggins w/ the Ronnie Brewer pickup.

I don't mind having Fisher and I trust him more than I trust Maynor come playoff time, but I sure hope we don't play him more than 5 to 10 minutes/game unless Reggie just totally flubs in May.
    2 users like Teo9969's post: OrangeBlossom, SoonerRO

You could do a lot worse for your last roster spot.

Just having him in the locker room for Westbrook & Jackson. You could tell last year the whole team had his respect.

I think (hope) he will be used differently and less than last year

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...k-derek-fisher

The PR statements at the end of this article are nauseating. I understand it's protocol, but let's be real: Fisher knew the Mavs were going to struggle to even make the playoffs and did not want to waste his time there, asked to be waived, and will of course now chase a title with the Thunder since the Thunder can still make use of his services.

The Oklahoma City Thunder are preparing to re-sign veteran guard Derek Fisher, according to sources familiar with the Thunder's thinking.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Thunder, after trading Eric Maynor away last week before the NBA's annual trade deadline, have made plans to sign Fisher, who joined the Thunder for the stretch run in March 2012 after the Los Angeles Lakers dealt Fisher to Houston.

Fisher
    The veteran guard will sign with the team Monday for the remainder of the season, according to multiple league sources.

The Thunder declined comment late Sunday.

Fisher appeared in nine games this season with the Dallas Mavericks before asking for his release in December because the 38-year-old -- after suffering a knee injury -- wanted to return home to his family in Los Angeles.

Fisher, who won five championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, was viewed as a key locker room presence by Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks as the Thunder made it all the way to the Finals, losing to the Miami Heat in five games.

In recent weeks, Fisher -- who doubles as NBA Players Association president -- has been working out of the NBPA offices in advance of the player vote during All-Star Weekend to oust union chief Billy Hunter.

Fisher was productive during his brief stint in Dallas, averaging 8.6 points and 3.6 assists in just over 25 minutes per game. And he was a natural fit in the Oklahoma City locker room last spring, delivering valuable championship experience to a team short on playoff-tested veterans.

Upon his release from the Mavericks in December, Fisher said: "The recovery time [from the knee injury] will be approximately two weeks. With this news and the difficulty I have been having being away from my family, I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home.

"[Mavericks owner] Mark Cuban has been extremely supportive and has granted me this request. I cannot say enough good things about this organization. From Mark, to Coach [Rick] Carlisle, to the players on the Mavericks' team, I sincerely thank them for the opportunity.

"I have made decisions in the past, leaving money and opportunity on the table, and I will need to do that again. My family is my priority and that is where I choose to be. I won't close the possibility that I will play again, however for now my family and being close to them remains the priority."

SoonerBounce Guest
    Guys, I told you this like three days ago

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Guys, I told you this like three days ago
    Yes you did but Mayberry and Royce shut those rumors down, for whatever reason.

Welcome back, Fisher .

Yay, I was right for once! Welcome back Fish

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Welcome back, Fisher .
    http://www.inquisitr.com/543084/dere...l-okc-thunder/

Next 10 games:

vs NO
    @ DEN
    @ LA
    vs LA
    @ NYK
    @ CHA (2nd night of btb)
    vs. BOS
    @ SA (2nd night of btb, 4th game in 5 nights)
    vs. UTH
    vs. ORL

It's obviously the regular season, so we're going to have off nights, but this is a big stretch w/ 6 teams over .500 (and the Lakers being right on the cusp), 10 games in 17 nights, and games against the other Top 3 teams from the west (both away games). It would be a good stretch to develop some rhythm and consistency while showing some tenacity to play through fatigue. 8-2 would be ideal in this situation as this team starts preparation for playoff basketball (at the end of this stretch 4/5 of the season will be completed).

I suspect SA will be a loss because of scheduling. Between LAC, LAL, UTH, and NYK we likely lose 2, but hopefully only 1. I'd prefer that loss be to UTH or NYK.

Ronnie Brewer

Fish..Let's hope the number brings good luck.

2 users like OrangeBlossom's post: HeroOfTheDay, usaosooner

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Next 10 games:

vs NO
    @ DEN
    @ LA
    vs LA
    @ NYK
    @ CHA (2nd night of btb)
    vs. BOS
    @ SA (2nd night of btb, 4th game in 5 nights)
    vs. UTH
    vs. ORL

I'd say 7-3. Wins in bold.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Next 10 games:

vs NO W
    @ DEN L
    @ LA L
    vs LA W
    @ NYK W
    @ CHA (2nd night of btb) W
    vs. BOS W
    @ SA (2nd night of btb, 4th game in 5 nights) L
    vs. UTH W
    vs. ORL W
    my predictions

Actually, that article is incorrect - They got Kevin Martin mixed up with Kenyon Martin.

Kevin Martin's actually somewhere around $40 - $60 million
    The following users like this post: SoonerRO

Does anyone like the idea of Fisher playing the 1 and Russ/Reggie playing the 2 and Martin at 3?

Could be deadly at times