Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 638 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom165086 Views 8660 Replies
Page 11 of 174 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111

Ok Russ gets a pass on the 3's for a while. He has proven me wrong lately. Dude is on fire!

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

****ing beast mode

vCash

Thabeet is having a terrible ass game.

Collision having a good game.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Got a big lead and got lazy on D in the 4th. Score a lot closer than it really was.

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Got a big lead and got lazy on D in the 4th. Score a lot closer than it really was.
    Exactly. That was a ****ing beatdown. Thunder is way better than the Lakers right now.

I am shocked reading the postgame comments from the Lakers. They all seem pretty satisfied with their effort tonight. I was pretty sure that Mike D'Antoni was their coach, not Mack Brown. Kobe's comments remind me of Mack after an OU/Texas beatdown.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Dantoni looks like a joke out there. He always has that shitgrin

vCash

Since the initial playoff loss to the Lakers since the first year year in the playoffs, the Lakers have been OKC's ****

Me gusta

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

What's up with the empty seats in the lower level? I've noticed it this whole year but I figured it was because of the quality of opponents we were playing. There were a solid number of empty seats during last night's game.

vCash

Those are all CHK seats.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Those are all CHK seats.
    CHK have too many to fill?

vCash

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    Since the initial playoff loss to the Lakers since the first year year in the playoffs, the Lakers have been OKC's ****

Me gusta
    8-2 with Perk

vCash

http://sulia.com/ricbucher/

Why Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook were, and will be, fired up every time they play Kobe Bryant and the Lakers

this season: source says the Black Mamba talked relentless smack during the Olympics that the Thunder stars weren't going back to the Finals after the Lakers acquired Steve Nash and then added Dwight Howard right before the U.S. played Spain for the gold medal. Kobe also made a point of guarding Westbrook during practices and pumping him up, the theory being that he wanted to incite Russ to bump heads with KD over who the team's best player is. (If you think that's too conspiratorial to be real, you don't know Kobe.) KD, in particular, got tired of hearing him. For what it's worth: KD and Westbrook's combined 69 points is the highest single-game total they've posted this season.
    3 users like VRO405's post: freedombird, iMAX386, Julz

vCash

On a side note, Thunder assign Lamb, Orton and Reggie to Tulsa

Called them up for one game?!?!

Someone needs to tell the team there is a game tonight.

vCash

RW is playing like an MVP this year

Durant really played an awful game till the 4th quarter.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

6 users like WFSooner's post: freedombird, ImTheDude, Julz, lycao, OrangeBlossom, VRO405

Westbrook's block on Hibbert. Oh my.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

vCash

If you're an OKC fan and you don't love Russ then **** you.
    5 users like silverwheels's post: drumhead23us, freedombird, ImTheDude, Julz, OUMallen

In the first half the Thunder always shoot at the basket on their bench side at home but tonight they started on the visitors side. Anyone know why they switched?

vCash

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    In the first half the Thunder always shoot at the basket on their bench side at home but tonight they started on the visitors side. Anyone know why they switched?
    Visitors get the choice of which side they start the game on and they usually choose to shoot near their own bench in the first half. Indiana chose the opposite.

vCash

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    I believe I saw on Twitter/meltdown someplace that Hibbert is a legit 7'2" and max player. And our PG destroyed his soul.

vCash

Hell hath no fury like the Honey Badger
    2 users like HeroOfTheDay's post: D-Town Sooner, VRO405

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I believe I saw on Twitter/meltdown someplace that Hibbert is a legit 7'2" and max player. And our PG destroyed his soul.
    Hibbert is:

A) Overpaid
    B) Not playing anywhere near the level of a max player

So maybe the block's not so crazy after all. Still a thing of beauty though. Block of the year so far just due to difference in size of the 2 players.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    remember when nate robinson blocked yao ming?

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

vCash

not a good start tonight

Okay, you can't lose at home to the ****ing Hornets.

vCash

Harder than it needed to be but i'll take the W

We really missed Harden tonight

vCash

Welp, we were able pull this one out of our ass... I'll take it... The win streak must eventually come to an end though.

vCash

Have to give Reggie credit, been bashing him all season... Definitely stepped up huge for us tonight!
    The following users like this post: Teo9969

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Have to give Reggie credit, been bashing him all season... Definitely stepped up huge for us tonight!
    Those were really REALLY good minutes for Reggie. Bet he gets at least 7 minutes the next 3 or 4 games to see if tonight was an aberration. And I think that a good portion of his minutes will be before the game is decided. If he continues to play like he did tonight, then he should be able to work his way into a consistent 8-12 minute guy. Would be nice if he could relieve Kevin and Westbrook of 5 combined minutes.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Who the eff is Brian Roberts? He hit some tough shots

Who the hell expected to have the league's best record at this point after the Harden trade?

Definitely not me. Figured we'd be 3rd in the West. Need to pad the lead against SAC on Friday.
    2 users like iMAX386's post: OnlyOne, VRO405

vCash

Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Who the hell expected to have the league's best record at this point after the Harden trade?

Definitely not me. Figured we'd be 3rd in the West. Need to pad the lead against SAC on Friday.
    Feels so good, I had to double check:

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    man we have had an easy ass schedule though

vCash

The Thunder will eventually hit a wall. There is noway they can play this good for 82 games plus playoffs. I see that happening in January obviously because of the schedule but I could also see it happening right before the playoffs and hopefully they rebound and play the best basketball of the year on their way to The Finals.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    The Thunder will eventually hit a wall. There is noway they can play this good for 82 games plus playoffs. I see that happening in January obviously because of the schedule but I could also see it happening right before the playoffs and hopefully they rebound and play the best basketball of the year on their way to The Finals.
    Really? I don't feel they're playing lights out...I feel like they have a lot of work to do. Still need to get the front-court more involved offensively, need to get slightly better at ball-movement (we've made huge progress, but I would like to see about 1.5 more APG). The Bench still needs a lot of work. Russ and KD need to be playing about 5 to 8 less minutes combined per game before I can really say that this team is clicking on all cylinders.

I too, must give some credit to Reggie after usually being pro-maynor. He infused the entire team with some much needed energy and desire. Those were some great minutes that young players need in order to grow, but you could tell his inexperience started to come out and Brooks pulled him before it started to out-weigh the positives he created. Nevertheless, he did exactly what Brooks was hoping he would, so for that "atta-boy Reggie."

I thought the same exact thing last night about missing Harden. This was the perfect example of having the luxury of a 3rd primary scorer/playmaker. I think this team still has a ways to go with implementing Kmart. I hope he will be fully integrated, but that takes going through the fire with these guys and them trusting you 100%. I don't think they are there yet. Kmart still seems like he is afraid to step on toes, and it seems like RW is slowly come around to Kmart. There for a while it almost seemed like RW would not pass to Kmart (may have been my imagination, but idk). Everything is great when shots are falling and the offense is clicking, but they have to figure out how to grind it out together, as well, so hopefully last night was a good learning experience.

Originally Posted by Rukus43 View Post
    I too, must give some credit to Reggie after usually being pro-maynor. He infused the entire team with some much needed energy and desire. Those were some great minutes that young players need in order to grow, but you could tell his inexperience started to come out and Brooks pulled him before it started to out-weigh the positives he created. Nevertheless, he did exactly what Brooks was hoping he would, so for that "atta-boy Reggie."

I thought the same exact thing last night about missing Harden. This was the perfect example of having the luxury of a 3rd primary scorer/playmaker. I think this team still has a ways to go with implementing Kmart. I hope he will be fully integrated, but that takes going through the fire with these guys and them trusting you 100%. I don't think they are there yet. Kmart still seems like he is afraid to step on toes, and it seems like RW is slowly come around to Kmart. There for a while it almost seemed like RW would not pass to Kmart (may have been my imagination, but idk). Everything is great when shots are falling and the offense is clicking, but they have to figure out how to grind it out together, as well, so hopefully last night was a good learning experience.
    I was kidding.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I was kidding.
    Obviously, I wasn't. I understand we got the win, but if it were anyone other than the Hornets last night it would likely have been a loss. But it wasn't and Kmart hit some big shots, Reggie hit a couple, and KD did his thing. I know we will be fine and will continue to improve it was just a split-second thought I had in the first half that this is when Harden could stabilize things, but I am done talking about it, he is gone now.

BTW, I love when Brooks sticks with lineups that are working instead of subbing like a robot.

I think if we have Harden, we have just as good of a chance at losing that game if not more than we did last night.

Westbrook had like 5 assists in the 4th, and that's because the team as a whole is learning how to move and work in an offense. Having Harden for 20+ games this season, I bet we lean more on his ability to create his own shot and less on creating an open look through player and ball movement. If we had Harden last night and he was shooting like KMart through the first 3 Quarters, we lose that game because we try and iso our way to a win.

One of the reasons we started 9-4 was because the team was still learning how to move the ball to generate substantive offense.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Jake

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I think if we have Harden, we have just as good of a chance at losing that game if not more than we did last night.

Westbrook had like 5 assists in the 4th, and that's because the team as a whole is learning how to move and work in an offense. Having Harden for 20+ games this season, I bet we lean more on his ability to create his own shot and less on creating an open look through player and ball movement. If we had Harden last night and he was shooting like KMart through the first 3 Quarters, we lose that game because we try and iso our way to a win.

One of the reasons we started 9-4 was because the team was still learning how to move the ball to generate substantive offense.
    Very good point.

What would it take to get Varejao from the Cavs?

Perry Jones + Jeremy Lamb + Dallas 1st round Pick + Perkins?

vCash

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    What would it take to get Varejao from the Cavs?

Perry Jones + Jeremy Lamb + Dallas 1st round Pick + Perkins?
    Read an article that stated that CLE wanted Ibaka....

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Read an article that stated that CLE wanted Ibaka....