Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Posted 708 day(s) ago by OrangeBlossom170073 Views 8660 Replies
Page 12 of 174 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    ... plus the TOR pick...

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Really? I don't feel they're playing lights out...I feel like they have a lot of work to do. Still need to get the front-court more involved offensively, need to get slightly better at ball-movement (we've made huge progress, but I would like to see about 1.5 more APG). The Bench still needs a lot of work. Russ and KD need to be playing about 5 to 8 less minutes combined per game before I can really say that this team is clicking on all cylinders.
    Yes really. They have won 9 in a row and teams that are playing good basketball don't win 9 in a row. The Thunder are playing really good right now. Are they perfect? By no means and that's a good thing because that means they can get better. We just don't want them to hit that wall in the middle of the playoffs like SA did last year. That's a long ways off so really not much to worry about right now.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Yes really. They have won 9 in a row and teams that are playing good basketball don't win 9 in a row. The Thunder are playing really good right now. Are they perfect? By no means and that's a good thing because that means they can get better. We just don't want them to hit that wall in the middle of the playoffs like SA did last year. That's a long ways off so really not much to worry about right now.
    We only played 4 teams currently over .500 during that stretch and no teams over .600

I don't buy the hit a wall theory. If the 95/96 Bulls can go 72-10, then so can other ridiculously talented teams.

We only played 4 teams currently over .500 during that stretch and no teams over .600

I don't buy the hit a wall theory. If the 95/96 Bulls can go 72-10, then so can other ridiculously talented teams.
    That Bulls team obviously was one of the best ever, very experienced and well coached.

The Thunder would have to go 63-6 (counting the 9 game win streak) through the rest of the season and that would be a ridiculous feat.

They may not hit a stretch where they struggle but its my prediction.

Really? I don't feel they're playing lights out...I feel like they have a lot of work to do. Still need to get the front-court more involved offensively, need to get slightly better at ball-movement (we've made huge progress, but I would like to see about 1.5 more APG). The Bench still needs a lot of work. Russ and KD need to be playing about 5 to 8 less minutes combined per game before I can really say that this team is clicking on all cylinders.
    That's not going to happen unless some new players are acquired.

Originally Posted by campbest View Post
    That's not going to happen unless some new players are acquired.
    We've done a pretty good job so far of making progress toward that goal...we're up to 28.2 PPG from 23.4 coming from the front court. Collison is up 2 PPG despite losing Harden, and no doubt they fed each other quite a bit. If he could develop some chemistry with a Reggie Jackson, that could be very helpful for bench and front-court scoring.

But getting the front court more involved in the offense isn't necessarily just increasing point production from them. We're averaging the same amount of assists out of the front court as we did last year @ 3.1. OKC still needs to work on it's in and out ball movement.

Again, everything is better this year...but there's still plenty of work to be done to be as effective as the roster dictates. We'll never get 40 PPG out of the front court...but we don't need to since we have KD and RW.

(Of note: KD does play the 4 sometimes, and so his production at that position is unfairly not being factored in here.)

We've done a pretty good job so far of making progress toward that goal...we're up to 28.2 PPG from 23.4 coming from the front court. Collison is up 2 PPG despite losing Harden, and no doubt they fed each other quite a bit. If he could develop some chemistry with a Reggie Jackson, that could be very helpful for bench and front-court scoring.

But getting the front court more involved in the offense isn't necessarily just increasing point production from them. We're averaging the same amount of assists out of the front court as we did last year @ 3.1. OKC still needs to work on it's in and out ball movement.

Again, everything is better this year...but there's still plenty of work to be done to be as effective as the roster dictates. We'll never get 40 PPG out of the front court...but we don't need to since we have KD and RW.

(Of note: KD does play the 4 sometimes, and so his production at that position is unfairly not being factored in here.)
    Glad you mentioned this because I was thinking it the whole time I read your post. I know we won't be a force down low but whenever we are scoring well in the paint (regardless of the player's position) our offense is much better. I try not to be closed-minded about this topic (like Barkley) because we have guys that can/do consistently shoot ~50% even when shooting lots of jumpers. RW isn't quite in the rhythm he was last year when that 15ft jumper was almost automatic, but he is getting there.

Some of you guys were right about Cousins... His attitude must really stink for his coach to bench almost the entire 2nd half.

Byway, where are all the Reggie Jackson fans tonight??... *crickets*

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Byway, where are all the Reggie Jackson fans tonight??... *crickets*
    One of the reasons KD and RW had to go back in.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    One of the reasons KD and RW had to go back in.
    My point exactly!... Don't get me wrong, RJ is a freak athlete but he is not mentally prepared to get meaningful minutes... And last night was a prime example of why Maynor is the back-up PG. He earned last night's minutes but showed he is not ready.

RJ was bad, but the other 4 guys were just as bad. Even Nick had a stupid foul that led to 3 free throws.

I still want Reggie to be the backup point. It is obvious that Maynor won't be back and Reggie is the backup point of the future. Reggie needs to be playing now so that he can have his screwups like last night now and learn from them before the playoffs. I don't understand all of the Maynor fans. I mean he is okay, but has been playing pretty poorly and even if he plays well or okay I don't think it brings as much to the team as the ultra athletic Reggie could.

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    I still want Reggie to be the backup point. It is obvious that Maynor won't be back and Reggie is the backup point of the future. Reggie needs to be playing now so that he can have his screwups like last night now and learn from them before the playoffs. I don't understand all of the Maynor fans. I mean he is okay, but has been playing pretty poorly and even if he plays well or okay I don't think it brings as much to the team as the ultra athletic Reggie could.
    I loved per injury maynorl. But it's painfully obvious that he isn't a great backup when you watch other teams in the league

Wtf is going on with Thabeet??... He was doing great for a while, now he is back to earth.

He's been taking baby steps all season. He has only rarely gotten second half, non garbage time minutes. I think he is still doing okay with his couple of minutes in the first half, he is only asked to rebound and be 7"3.

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    I loved per injury maynorl. But it's painfully obvious that he isn't a great backup when you watch other teams in the league
    He is not great by any means, he is just the best option we have available at the moment along with play-off experience.

I am more disappointed with Kendrick Perkins play than anybody else's. What's going on with him? He's seems to regress both offensively and rebounding wise this year. He's still a decent defender, but WAY overpaid. I wouldn't mind if they amnestied Perkins this year or next. They need more out of their starting center.

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    I am more disappointed with Kendrick Perkins play than anybody else's. What's going on with him? He's seems to regress both offensively and rebounding wise this year. He's still a decent defender, but WAY overpaid. I wouldn't mind if they amnestied Perkins this year or next. They need more out of their starting center.
    ...decent defender...

...seriously???

I would encourage you to watch a Thunder game this year :-), they've been really fun to watch. Kendrick Perkins only, you know, takes point guards like Deron ****ing Williams, and makes them look like little ****es off the dribble.

Quit looking at the stat sheet...Perkins is a key cog in the way this team operates.
    2 users like Teo9969's post: Morningwood, VRO405

...decent defender...

...seriously???

I would encourage you to watch a Thunder game this year :-), they've been really fun to watch. Kendrick Perkins only, you know, takes point guards like Deron ****ing Williams, and makes them look like little ****es off the dribble.

Quit looking at the stat sheet...Perkins is a key cog in the way this team operates.
    Ya I love when he forces a pg into a bad shot but only for them to get the offensive rebound.
    The following users like this post: nstinson

The Thunder would be an elite defensive team if they could only grab an efffing rebound.

Facebook is doing this trends thing where they rate how many times things were mentioned and liked in 2012 and the first NBA mention is OKC at #5 on the list. Pretty shocking and impressive and speaks to the meteoric rise of the Thunder and the amazing press it's given our city:

The following users like this post: Morningwood

That is impressive!

So could you say the Thunder is the 3rd most popular professional team in the land.

ESPN magazine named them the best franchise in sports or some such thing this year.

Re: Official Oklahoma City Thunder Thread (2012/13)

Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Facebook is doing this trends thing where they rate how many times things were mentioned and liked in 2012 and the first NBA mention is OKC at #5 on the list. Pretty shocking and impressive and speaks to the meteoric rise of the Thunder and the amazing press it's given our city:

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    ESPN magazine named them the best franchise in sports or some such thing this year.
    Wow, pretty nifty!

Westbrook's numbers up to this point in the season: 21.1 points, 8.5 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 2.0 steals, 42% FG

The following users like this post: Morningwood

It seems to me that ever since opening game when Parker hit that buzzer beater, he took it upon himself to be a better all around player. They even wrote an article in the paper about that. Love how he plays!

Sounds like Ginobili will miss the game Monday due to thigh bruise.

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    Sounds like Ginobili will miss the game Monday due to thigh bruise.
    Lower ****l bruising

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    The Thunder would be an elite defensive team if they could only grab an efffing rebound.
    This. 10,000% this

I am so pumped for tonight's game as early as it is in the season. We owe this one to the Spurs, I expect our players to come out with a chip on their shoulders.

I am so pumped for tonight's game as early as it is in the season. We owe this one to the Spurs, I expect our players to come out with a chip on their shoulders.
    Co-sign!

SoonerBounce Guest
    I'll be there!
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Ready for tonights game. Love these games with the spurs

Lamb and Orton have been recalled
    The following users like this post: usaosooner

Hope we woodshed the ****ing Spurs. I cant' stand losing to them.

Thunder UP!

Damn Straight Thunder Up!

and here we go

C'mon Perk

Nice shot Serge!

Of course, the Spurs won't miss against us.

Serge is feeling it

Great series there. Durant is the man

Damn Westbrook with 2 early

Good shot Martin

Ibaka having flashbacks of the WCF game in which he went 11 for 11... 6 for 6 tonight

Good 1st quarter up 4. 30-26 shooting 65%