'14 CB Tee Shepard

Posted 725 day(s) ago by usaosooner28856 Views 210 Replies
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

'12 CB Tee Shepard Verbal #15

Why isn't this in recruiting?

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    Why isn't this in recruiting?
    When a player commits, the thread is transferred from the main recruiting thread to the main OF board for a while. It is then transferred again to the recruiting heading for that year, in this case 2013.

'12 CB Tee Shepard Verbal #15

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    When a player commits, the thread is transferred from the main recruiting thread to the main OF board for a while. It is then transferred again to the recruiting heading for that year, in this case 2013.
    Thanks didn't know that.

Seems like Tee may have to go to Prep school or Juco so I removed him from the list at the moment

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Seems like Tee may have to go to Prep school or Juco so I removed him from the list at the moment
    The Domer was right... God, our defense is going to suck balls next year.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    If we can find 2 safeties, we'll be ok. Stoops is right in that Q Russell will be a difference maker at DT. We're in good shape at DE, no elite players, but good ones. If Frank Shannon continues to improve at MLB that will be a plus. We have good CBs in Colvin, Simon, and Cortez Johnson. I wouldn't be surprised to see Colvin back at S, esp if TJ leaves.

Tee Shepard would be a huge get for next year, no doubt, as that would mean either Simon or Johnson could play NB.

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    If we can find 2 safeties, we'll be ok. Stoops is right in that Q Russell will be a difference maker at DT. We're in good shape at DE, no elite players, but good ones. If Frank Shannon continues to improve at MLB that will be a plus. We have good CBs in Colvin, Simon, and Cortez Johnson. I wouldn't be surprised to see Colvin back at S, esp if TJ leaves.

Tee Shepard would be a huge get for next year, no doubt, as that would mean either Simon or Johnson could play NB.
    Don't be so sure... we will get rocked again next year. We couldn't even stop Notre Dame's shit offense for God's sake.

Did we ever get confirmation on what is keeping Tee from enrolling at OU? I've heard clearinghouse issues, but no one seems to know anything for sure.

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Did we ever get confirmation on what is keeping Tee from enrolling at OU? I've heard clearinghouse issues, but no one seems to know anything for sure.
    I think it's fluid at this point. No one knows anything for certain.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    well considering how awful our defense was this year I'll beg to differ...I think it will be better by the end of the season

rough start out of the gate though, OOC and first couple of conference games will be a struggle (yes even Texas)...but after that I think the 2nd half of the season they settle down and start to become a better unit than this season

Anything new on his status??

No Tee Shepard this year: "There's that RT @BPrzybylo: Fresno Cent East DB coach Tony Perry confirms top #Sooners target Tee Shepard is enrolled at Holmes CC in Miss
    44 minutes ago
    "

OU will likely recruit him out of JUCO for the class of 14.

Could he be an early enrollee in December if we offer and commits

At Juco. is close with our new GA Courtney Vining here we go again

So is he going to commit to us again because of Vining?

When are we going to know something definite? Hope to get him.

Originally Posted by OUfootball View Post
    Smoke Sheppard??
    Pretty much

Spring Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2563975/...FSPFdU.twitter

We're still on him and we will continue to be so

Spring Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2563975/...FSPFdU.twitter

We're still on him and we will continue to be so
    I say we don't mention his name again unless he makes it on campus.

Those highlights say he's a junior. At worst he's a redshirt fresh correct?

‏@ItsTeeShepard1 2m
    West Virginia University & The University of Oklahoma is my top two school right NOW! #HotTopic
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

I don't get west ****. Why are they in his top 2? Why would anyone, especially someone from Cali, want to go to west ****.

There's a rumor about him reclassifying as a 2014 recruit. Is that true? I thought you had to graduate from juco before being eligible.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    There's a rumor about him reclassifying as a 2014 recruit. Is that true? I thought you had to graduate from juco before being eligible.
    It depends on why he didn't qualify. It's possible he just needed to raise some grades or have some classes for his transcript...kinda like Metoyer tried to do at Tyler juco before going to the academy..I'll admit I'm not sure though. Maybe he will actually grad juco. He has last year and this year to get the two year degree. Maybe he's put in his work in the classroom

he qualified out of high school so he doesnt have to graduate. He is only at a juco because notre didnt clear his transfer so he had to go to juco. he was never a grade issue.

247 is now projecting him for Oklahoma.

#heretheycome
    4 users like Ostrich's post: cscsooner, SECsooner, Straz1999, VRO405

Huh??.... That came out of no where

He said on Twitter that if OU won he would commit to them then he retweeted my post asking him about it

Originally Posted by SoonerPacker View Post
    He said on Twitter that if OU won he would commit to them then he retweeted my post asking him about it
    But does he have his shit (grades) together though?

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    But does he have his shit (grades) together though?
    I'm pretty sure he's visiting (again) for his OV on the 17th...

this guy again? seems like weve been recruiting him for like 3 years now.

Wherever Tee goes, I'll root for him to succeed. Great kid that has overcome a lot. Hope he comes to OU.
    The following users like this post: Derrouse

i didn't think ou was recruiting him anymore because they have so many underclassmen at corner?

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    i didn't think ou was recruiting him anymore because they have so many underclassmen at corner?
    That was the word a month or so ago but he's pretty tight with a couple of the kids on our squad and with Quick so things are probably very fluid.

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    this guy again? seems like weve been recruiting him for like 3 years now.
    February, 2021 -- Four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Tee Shepard today announced his intent to commit to the University of Oklahoma ...

This is kidn of an odd one. Do we have room for a JUCO CB? Sanchez has one spot locked down, and Mike loves Stanvon and Dakota for the other spot.

Depth. He would probably take over Kass Everett's role.
    The following users like this post: Soonertribe

hes visiting the 17th

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    This is kidn of an odd one. Do we have room for a JUCO CB? Sanchez has one spot locked down, and Mike loves Stanvon and Dakota for the other spot.
    I certainly wouldn't say he has it locked down. He's got potential, sure, but for the entire first half he was getting burned like a smore at a boy scout camp out
    2 users like land burglar73507's post: DrBrizzle, sooner68

yes, i think we want 2 more and to be able to play quick in the slot. So give me shepard and dowels and ill be happy. Even if he doesnt start he provides great depth and competition. plus help quick.

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't say he has it locked down. He's got potential, sure, but for the entire first half he was getting burned like a smore at a boy scout camp out
    He's also a freshman who got some great experience and made some very good plays this year, despite his inexperience. He's also an instinctive tackler which will get better once he bulks up a little. Kid has some great lockdown characteristics in him. He's gonna be a good one.

LJ Moore and Stanvon have me really excited as well.

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    He's also a freshman who got some great experience and made some very good plays this year, despite his inexperience. He's also an instinctive tackler which will get better once he bulks up a little. Kid has some great lockdown characteristics in him. He's gonna be a good one.

LJ Moore and Stanvon have me really excited as well.
    Yep that's why I said he's got great potential. Just stating that I don't think he's a lock just yet. Some develop further, some don't. Being opposite of Colvin was good an bad for him. He got picked on a lot because they didn't want to throw at Colvin too much but he ended up getting some great experience and will hopefully build on it.

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    Yep that's why I said he's got great potential. Just stating that I don't think he's a lock just yet. Some develop further, some don't. Being opposite of Colvin was good an bad for him. He got picked on a lot because they didn't want to throw at Colvin too much but he ended up getting some great experience and will hopefully build on it.

Barring getting kicked off the team/injured, there is no way Sanchez is not starting next year.
    The following users like this post: sooner68

I think he'll be the most talented one on campus if we get him. He's a lock down corner and tremendous footwork plus he has decent size. Looks like Dakota has made a move during bowl prep. He moved up to #3...that said, we'd take Tee if wanted to come...he's apart of the fresno pipeline

Barring getting kicked off the team/injured, there is no way Sanchez is not starting next year.
    Is he that bad??

Does Cortez have a real shot at starting at the corner opposite of sanchez?

Yes he has a shot. Although it seems he has some ground to make up against the freshmen.

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    Is he that bad??

?