***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

Posted 721 day(s) ago by SoopaSooner60165 Views 2464 Replies
Results 251 to 300 of 2465
Page 6 of 50 4 5 6 7 8 16
  1. #251
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Is this true??... Or you bullshittin?.... Link?
    Dunno. Rush was talking about it.

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._low_info_news

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1236078
       

  2. #252
    Doc says it ain't so.

    Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday morning that forward Kevin Garnett did not include Carmelo Anthony's wife in trash talking during Monday's victory over the New York Knicks, as has been rumored.

    "Well, No. 1, I know what's been reported did not happen," Rivers said adamantly during his weekly interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI. "I know that as a fact."
    Link
       

  3. #253

    Re: ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

    Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Is this true??... Or you bullshittin?.... Link?
    Espn reports that they're denying it.
       

  4. #254
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Well of course they are going to deny it...
       

  5. #255
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    So KG was telling Melo that LaLa tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios? Too absolutely ****ing funny. I loves me some KG!
    Can't stand that punk ass biatch
       

  6. #256
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.



    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Can't stand that punk ass biatch
    Who? KG. Melo. LaLa. I think she's gross. First rate example of a gold digger and attention ****.
       

  7. #257
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Can't stand that punk ass biatch
    Really??... I love KG!
       

  8. #258
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

    Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Really??... I love KG!
    Kg and rondo are both punks.
       

  9. #259
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Kg and rondo are both punks.
    Unless they are on OKC. I think CP3 is a punk too but I'm glad he's on the team I like. You all sure couldn't sniff his ass enough when he was playing in OKC.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

       

  10. #260
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

       

  11. #261
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

       

  12. #262
    Talk of Oden joining the Miami Heat...Could he start reaching his potential within 3 years starting from the 13/14 season? Too much later than that and Lebron/Bosh will start showing some age, Wade will be effectively done...but if he starts playing well before that, then shit...that's a lot to deal with.
       

  13. #263
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Talk of Oden joining the Miami Heat...Could he start reaching his potential within 3 years starting from the 13/14 season? Too much later than that and Lebron/Bosh will start showing some age, Wade will be effectively done...but if he starts playing well before that, then shit...that's a lot to deal with.
    I didn't think he was through. Even if he was more like a Bill Cartwright that would be good on that team.
       

  14. #264
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Talk of Oden joining the Miami Heat...Could he start reaching his potential within 3 years starting from the 13/14 season? Too much later than that and Lebron/Bosh will start showing some age, Wade will be effectively done...but if he starts playing well before that, then shit...that's a lot to deal with.
    I just saw that... My initial response was what if he joined the Thunder??.... I mean hell, we took a chance on Thabeet... Plus Perk would be towards the end of his contract. Other than Ibaka and Collision, who is also aging, we don't have any reliable depth in the post.
       

  15. #265
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Unless they are on OKC. I think CP3 is a punk too but I'm glad he's on the team I like. You all sure couldn't sniff his ass enough when he was playing in OKC.
    Love co3 as a player. But ever since the low blow he gave in college I haven't been a huge fan
       

  16. #266
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    This Batum kid is pretty good!
       

  17. #267
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    This Batum kid is pretty good!
    Drilled the three and then beat DWade to the rim.
       

  18. #268
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Yea, I been following him all season... His stats for the season are very impressive.
       

  19. #269
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    No lose for me. I have both LaBron and Matthews.
       

  20. #270
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Great job by Matthews on #6.
       

  21. #271
    Batum is good, and Damian Lillard is a beast as well.

    Great win for Portland tonight. Came back from 12+ down.

    Any night the Heat lose is a good night. They've been struggling lately.
       

  22. #272
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Solid W by Portland... Good game!
       

  23. #273
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Batum is good, and Damian Lillard is a beast as well.

    Great win for Portland tonight. Came back from 12+ down.

    Any night the Heat lose is a good night. They've been struggling lately.
    Agreed! Too bad OKC is playing near .500 ball in their last 10gms
       

  24. #274
    Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    I just saw that... My initial response was what if he joined the Thunder??.... I mean hell, we took a chance on Thabeet... Plus Perk would be towards the end of his contract. Other than Ibaka and Collision, who is also aging, we don't have any reliable depth in the post.
    I mean, I definitely thought that as well...And it could help that he's working in a system that has proven to not need great athleticism from their 5s. He probably wouldn't be useful the first year, so it's likely wasted money, but as a future investment, he could be huge for the Thunder. He's still super young (25 in 2 weeks). If we could get him on a 3 year $15 - 18M contract, that would be huge.


    I mean, I see it making most sense that he will very likely end up on a team with legitimate championship aspirations for the next 3 to 6 (Heat, Thunder, Clips, Lakers, Spurs, Celts, Knicks, Grizz).

    Of the contenders, I think it makes most sense for him to sign with the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Celts and Lakers (assuming Dwight leaves L.A. and I think he will).

    If I'm Greg Oden, the only one of those I immediately ignore is the Lakers because they're in a tumultuous time and he really needs a stable situation. I wouldn't be big on the Celts because, while slightly more stable than the Lakers, they will have a lot of movement over the next 3 years. If Duncan has 2 more years in him, it would be great to kind of play under his tutelage.

    But really, if I'm Oden, it's between the Thunder and the Heat. Both of them give Oden a chance to slowly work himself back into the game with minimal expectations and a chance to reestablish a still relatively young career. Unfortunately, were I him, I'd probably go with Miami because there is a great possibility that Oden can be the air to the throne. But OKC is a good option (and I genuinely think his usage is more flexible if Perkins is still on the roster). I think the youth and character of the Thunder would be better for Oden's spirits and the lack of constant distraction in OKC would help him focus on being the best, healthiest ball player he can be...but the allure of having my own team 3 to 5 years from now when Lebron stops lacing up...that would probably win me over.
       

  25. #275
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    The fact he won't contribute immediately in a magnificent manner is the the reason I believe the Thunder would make reasonable sense... OKC doesn't need him to come in and be a world beater, OKC can slowly work him into the rotation and then possibly become a starter within a couple of years if he develops. That and the fact that he will probably be snagged for a bargain!... Wishful thinking.
       

  26. #276
    Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    The fact he won't contribute immediately in a magnificent manner is the the reason I believe the Thunder would make reasonable sense... OKC doesn't need him to come in and be a world beater, OKC can slowly work him into the rotation and then possibly become a starter within a couple of years if he develops. That and the fact that he will probably be snagged for a bargain!... Wishful thinking.
    The question is how much is Miami willing to pay and how much is the Thunder willing to pay. I see those 2 teams and the Spurs (only if Duncan will be around 2 more seasons) as being his best option.

    I think the Thunder, with all the resources they have, could do a 2 year $12M or 3 year $15M at most. Preferably those dollar amounts would 15% less, but it may be well worth the risk. Imagine if he slowly developed over the course of next season and really started rounding out in April. A rotation with Perkins/Ibaka/Oden/Collison would be an incredible front court.

    But I bet Miami would be willing to pay him a 3 year $18M if it kept him out of OKC.
       

  27. #277

    Re: ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

    Seeing NY and Miami lose makes me very happy.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

       

  28. #278
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    The question is how much is Miami willing to pay and how much is the Thunder willing to pay. I see those 2 teams and the Spurs (only if Duncan will be around 2 more seasons) as being his best option.

    I think the Thunder, with all the resources they have, could do a 2 year $12M or 3 year $15M at most. Preferably those dollar amounts would 15% less, but it may be well worth the risk. Imagine if he slowly developed over the course of next season and really started rounding out in April. A rotation with Perkins/Ibaka/Oden/Collison would be an incredible front court.

    But I bet Miami would be willing to pay him a 3 year $18M if it kept him out of OKC.
    Great point(s)! On a side note, it's going to be interesting to see where DeMarcus Cousins ends up... I know he is a bonehead and there is no chance he ends up in OKC, but could you imagine him in the OKC starting line-up?? (All troubles and negativity aside of course)
       

  29. #279
    Jesus the East is bad. 4 teams in the west with better records than Miami.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

       

  30. #280
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Jesus the East is bad. 4 teams in the west with better records than Miami.
    I'm not surprised, it's been like that for as long as I can remember.
       

  31. #281
    C's playing well since Bradley returned. Knicks have looked pretty bad the past month.
       

  32. #282
    Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    I'm not surprised, it's been like that for as long as I can remember.
    Seems like it. Then the east winner wins in the finals.
       

  33. #283
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    C's playing well since Bradley returned. Knicks have looked pretty bad the past month.
    I like it!... Was getting tired of all the Knicks hype!
       

  34. #284
    I find it funny that Dwight Howard jumps up and laughs and acts like a rookie on the bench when his teammates make a big shot... that is part of the problem with him, I think. He is a great athlete and seems like a nice, fun guy and all, but if he would get serious and be a badass he could be dominant. You see it in moments but not all the time.
    Shaq was funny and joked around, but when he was in the game he was a beast. And he got better and better throughout his career until his fat Elvis stage in his twilight.
       

  35. #285
    Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Seems like it. Then the east winner wins in the finals.
    Since Jordan left, the record is 10-4 Western Conference.

    Also...Miami is really ****ing good, so regardless of their record at the end of the season, can't really say anyone else should be favorites over the Heat.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

       

  36. #286
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    I agree about the Heat. It appears like they are just coasting thru the reg season and will turn it up come play-off time... They're def still the team to beat
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

       

  37. #287
    silverwheels's Avatar
    Posts
    8,042
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    passing through nature to eternity

    Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    I find it funny that Dwight Howard jumps up and laughs and acts like a rookie on the bench when his teammates make a big shot... that is part of the problem with him, I think. He is a great athlete and seems like a nice, fun guy and all, but if he would get serious and be a badass he could be dominant. You see it in moments but not all the time.
    Shaq was funny and joked around, but when he was in the game he was a beast. And he got better and better throughout his career until his fat Elvis stage in his twilight.
    If he would develop legit offensive post skills he would be even more dominant than if he got serious.
       

  38. #288
    Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Since Jordan left, the record is 10-4 Western Conference.

    Also...Miami is really ****ing good, so regardless of their record at the end of the season, can't really say anyone else should be favorites over the Heat.
    Yeah, all the Lakers and Spurs titles in there...
    It just seems like there's always the thought that the East sucks so bad. I agree the bottom of their conference is bad, and the middle, too. But the Celtics got theirs, Pistons got theirs and swept L.A., Heat got theirs, and all in years where people said the East sucks. Its weird its like the West teams just separate themselves better throughout the season at the top and have great records.
    I agree Miami when they play hard is the best team in the NBA, until someone knocks them off.
       

  39. #289
    Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    If he would develop legit offensive post skills he would be even more dominant than if he got serious.
    He should get serious about developing legit offensive post skills.
    The following users like this post: silverwheels

       

  40. #290
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    He should get serious about developing legit offensive post skills.
    I know I'm nothing more than an old HS athlete but I've never understood how a professional athlete needs to "get serious" about anything, especially improving his/her game, getting in shape, whatever. If he needs prodding or poking to get better then he has bigger problems than not having an up and under or being able to use his off hand. No one has to make me get serious when I was shoveling off the driveway and shooting hundreds of FT wearing gloves.
       

  41. #291
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I know I'm nothing more than an old HS athlete but I've never understood how a professional athlete needs to "get serious" about anything, especially improving his/her game, getting in shape, whatever. If he needs prodding or poking to get better then he has bigger problems than not having an up and under or being able to use his off hand. No one has to make me get serious when I was shoveling off the driveway and shooting hundreds of FT wearing gloves.
    Yeah but you also aren't a 7' center who has been able to be a superstar your entire life because you are enormous. Don't get me wrong, I think Howard is really good. But there are issues with him like his freethrows not improving, him dissappearing at times (how the hell does a guy that big just dissappear like that in games???) and then you see guys like Lebron, KD, etc. that have their minds right and it puts them at another level. I don't see that with Dwight Howard. Its like he is happy to be there, and loves the attention, but doesn't mind just being there and trying really hard but if he doesn't ever win a title, then "eh, whatever, I tried" type of mentality. Maybe Kobe's drive will wear off on him. VanGundy even touched on it last night... he said if Howard's head was right and he had the right mental approach like Kobe does, how much better it would benefit everyone in the Lakers organization. I totally agree.
       

  42. #292
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    I realize that he's been able to get by his whole life because he's who he is. That's what burns you because you see how really good he could be. Just think if he'd have worked as hard on his game as DeAndre jordan has. I always think back to Micheal Jordan. He worked harder than anyone. He used to make those guys come over to his house everyday and lift weights. He was relentless in practice. I'm just saying that when you get to this level you shouldn't need to be pushed or have someone rub off on you. Sincerely...Get of my lawn guy.
       

  43. #293

    Re: ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

    Jazz beat the Heat.

    Atlanta only scored 5 points in second quarter in 39 point loss to Chicago..
       

  44. #294
    Hawks are in free fall. That Durant dunk on Gortat tonight.
       

  45. #295
    Looks like trades rumors for Rudy Gay are heating up. Looks like the Wizards want him in exchange for Bradley Beal.
       

  46. #296
    The Clips blasted the Grizz on the road and didn't even play Chris Paul.
       

  47. #297
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    7,923
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Great story lines around the league last night!
       

  48. #298
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    So why do the Heat get a special ESPN page linked at the top of the NBA espn page? "Heat Index"
       

  49. #299

    Re: ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    So why do the Heat get a special ESPN page linked at the top of the NBA espn page? "Heat Index"
    Been there for a long time..
       

  50. #300
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,501
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Watching the Clips/Wolves. Terry Porter is one ugly Mofo.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

       

Similar Threads

  1. ***2013-14-NBA-Discussion-Thread***
    By aaron7 in forum Wayman's House
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: September 30th, 2013, 04:38 PM
  2. Tattoo discussion thread
    By Coach in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: May 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM