***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

Posted 721 day(s) ago by SoopaSooner60165 Views 2464 Replies
Page 6 of 50 4 5 6 7 8 16

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Is this true??... Or you bullshittin?.... Link?
    Dunno. Rush was talking about it.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._low_info_news

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1236078

Doc says it ain't so.

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday morning that forward Kevin Garnett did not include Carmelo Anthony's wife in trash talking during Monday's victory over the New York Knicks, as has been rumored.

"Well, No. 1, I know what's been reported did not happen," Rivers said adamantly during his weekly interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI. "I know that as a fact."
    Link

Re: ***2012-13 NBA Discussion Thread***

Is this true??... Or you bullshittin?.... Link?
    Espn reports that they're denying it.

Well of course they are going to deny it...

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    So KG was telling Melo that LaLa tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios? Too absolutely ****ing funny. I loves me some KG!
    Can't stand that punk ass biatch

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Who? KG. Melo. LaLa. I think she's gross. First rate example of a gold digger and attention ****.

Really??... I love KG!

SoonerBounce Guest

Really??... I love KG!
    Kg and rondo are both punks.

Kg and rondo are both punks.
    Unless they are on OKC. I think CP3 is a punk too but I'm glad he's on the team I like. You all sure couldn't sniff his ass enough when he was playing in OKC.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Talk of Oden joining the Miami Heat...Could he start reaching his potential within 3 years starting from the 13/14 season? Too much later than that and Lebron/Bosh will start showing some age, Wade will be effectively done...but if he starts playing well before that, then shit...that's a lot to deal with.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Talk of Oden joining the Miami Heat...Could he start reaching his potential within 3 years starting from the 13/14 season? Too much later than that and Lebron/Bosh will start showing some age, Wade will be effectively done...but if he starts playing well before that, then shit...that's a lot to deal with.
    I didn't think he was through. Even if he was more like a Bill Cartwright that would be good on that team.

I just saw that... My initial response was what if he joined the Thunder??.... I mean hell, we took a chance on Thabeet... Plus Perk would be towards the end of his contract. Other than Ibaka and Collision, who is also aging, we don't have any reliable depth in the post.

SoonerBounce Guest

Unless they are on OKC. I think CP3 is a punk too but I'm glad he's on the team I like. You all sure couldn't sniff his ass enough when he was playing in OKC.
    Love co3 as a player. But ever since the low blow he gave in college I haven't been a huge fan

This Batum kid is pretty good!

This Batum kid is pretty good!
    Drilled the three and then beat DWade to the rim.

Yea, I been following him all season... His stats for the season are very impressive.

No lose for me. I have both LaBron and Matthews.

Great job by Matthews on #6.

Batum is good, and Damian Lillard is a beast as well.

Great win for Portland tonight. Came back from 12+ down.

Any night the Heat lose is a good night. They've been struggling lately.

Solid W by Portland... Good game!

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Batum is good, and Damian Lillard is a beast as well.

Great win for Portland tonight. Came back from 12+ down.

Any night the Heat lose is a good night. They've been struggling lately.
    Agreed! Too bad OKC is playing near .500 ball in their last 10gms

I just saw that... My initial response was what if he joined the Thunder??.... I mean hell, we took a chance on Thabeet... Plus Perk would be towards the end of his contract. Other than Ibaka and Collision, who is also aging, we don't have any reliable depth in the post.
    I mean, I definitely thought that as well...And it could help that he's working in a system that has proven to not need great athleticism from their 5s. He probably wouldn't be useful the first year, so it's likely wasted money, but as a future investment, he could be huge for the Thunder. He's still super young (25 in 2 weeks). If we could get him on a 3 year $15 - 18M contract, that would be huge.

I mean, I see it making most sense that he will very likely end up on a team with legitimate championship aspirations for the next 3 to 6 (Heat, Thunder, Clips, Lakers, Spurs, Celts, Knicks, Grizz).

Of the contenders, I think it makes most sense for him to sign with the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Celts and Lakers (assuming Dwight leaves L.A. and I think he will).

If I'm Greg Oden, the only one of those I immediately ignore is the Lakers because they're in a tumultuous time and he really needs a stable situation. I wouldn't be big on the Celts because, while slightly more stable than the Lakers, they will have a lot of movement over the next 3 years. If Duncan has 2 more years in him, it would be great to kind of play under his tutelage.

But really, if I'm Oden, it's between the Thunder and the Heat. Both of them give Oden a chance to slowly work himself back into the game with minimal expectations and a chance to reestablish a still relatively young career. Unfortunately, were I him, I'd probably go with Miami because there is a great possibility that Oden can be the air to the throne. But OKC is a good option (and I genuinely think his usage is more flexible if Perkins is still on the roster). I think the youth and character of the Thunder would be better for Oden's spirits and the lack of constant distraction in OKC would help him focus on being the best, healthiest ball player he can be...but the allure of having my own team 3 to 5 years from now when Lebron stops lacing up...that would probably win me over.

The fact he won't contribute immediately in a magnificent manner is the the reason I believe the Thunder would make reasonable sense... OKC doesn't need him to come in and be a world beater, OKC can slowly work him into the rotation and then possibly become a starter within a couple of years if he develops. That and the fact that he will probably be snagged for a bargain!... Wishful thinking.

The fact he won't contribute immediately in a magnificent manner is the the reason I believe the Thunder would make reasonable sense... OKC doesn't need him to come in and be a world beater, OKC can slowly work him into the rotation and then possibly become a starter within a couple of years if he develops. That and the fact that he will probably be snagged for a bargain!... Wishful thinking.
    The question is how much is Miami willing to pay and how much is the Thunder willing to pay. I see those 2 teams and the Spurs (only if Duncan will be around 2 more seasons) as being his best option.

I think the Thunder, with all the resources they have, could do a 2 year $12M or 3 year $15M at most. Preferably those dollar amounts would 15% less, but it may be well worth the risk. Imagine if he slowly developed over the course of next season and really started rounding out in April. A rotation with Perkins/Ibaka/Oden/Collison would be an incredible front court.

But I bet Miami would be willing to pay him a 3 year $18M if it kept him out of OKC.

Seeing NY and Miami lose makes me very happy.

The question is how much is Miami willing to pay and how much is the Thunder willing to pay. I see those 2 teams and the Spurs (only if Duncan will be around 2 more seasons) as being his best option.

I think the Thunder, with all the resources they have, could do a 2 year $12M or 3 year $15M at most. Preferably those dollar amounts would 15% less, but it may be well worth the risk. Imagine if he slowly developed over the course of next season and really started rounding out in April. A rotation with Perkins/Ibaka/Oden/Collison would be an incredible front court.

But I bet Miami would be willing to pay him a 3 year $18M if it kept him out of OKC.
    Great point(s)! On a side note, it's going to be interesting to see where DeMarcus Cousins ends up... I know he is a bonehead and there is no chance he ends up in OKC, but could you imagine him in the OKC starting line-up?? (All troubles and negativity aside of course)

Jesus the East is bad. 4 teams in the west with better records than Miami.

Jesus the East is bad. 4 teams in the west with better records than Miami.
    I'm not surprised, it's been like that for as long as I can remember.

C's playing well since Bradley returned. Knicks have looked pretty bad the past month.

I'm not surprised, it's been like that for as long as I can remember.
    Seems like it. Then the east winner wins in the finals.

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    C's playing well since Bradley returned. Knicks have looked pretty bad the past month.
    I like it!... Was getting tired of all the Knicks hype!

I find it funny that Dwight Howard jumps up and laughs and acts like a rookie on the bench when his teammates make a big shot... that is part of the problem with him, I think. He is a great athlete and seems like a nice, fun guy and all, but if he would get serious and be a badass he could be dominant. You see it in moments but not all the time.
    Shaq was funny and joked around, but when he was in the game he was a beast. And he got better and better throughout his career until his fat Elvis stage in his twilight.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Seems like it. Then the east winner wins in the finals.
    Since Jordan left, the record is 10-4 Western Conference.

Also...Miami is really ****ing good, so regardless of their record at the end of the season, can't really say anyone else should be favorites over the Heat.

I agree about the Heat. It appears like they are just coasting thru the reg season and will turn it up come play-off time... They're def still the team to beat
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

I find it funny that Dwight Howard jumps up and laughs and acts like a rookie on the bench when his teammates make a big shot... that is part of the problem with him, I think. He is a great athlete and seems like a nice, fun guy and all, but if he would get serious and be a badass he could be dominant. You see it in moments but not all the time.
    Shaq was funny and joked around, but when he was in the game he was a beast. And he got better and better throughout his career until his fat Elvis stage in his twilight.
    If he would develop legit offensive post skills he would be even more dominant than if he got serious.

Since Jordan left, the record is 10-4 Western Conference.

Also...Miami is really ****ing good, so regardless of their record at the end of the season, can't really say anyone else should be favorites over the Heat.
    Yeah, all the Lakers and Spurs titles in there...
    It just seems like there's always the thought that the East sucks so bad. I agree the bottom of their conference is bad, and the middle, too. But the Celtics got theirs, Pistons got theirs and swept L.A., Heat got theirs, and all in years where people said the East sucks. Its weird its like the West teams just separate themselves better throughout the season at the top and have great records.
    I agree Miami when they play hard is the best team in the NBA, until someone knocks them off.

Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    If he would develop legit offensive post skills he would be even more dominant than if he got serious.
    He should get serious about developing legit offensive post skills.
    The following users like this post: silverwheels

He should get serious about developing legit offensive post skills.
    I know I'm nothing more than an old HS athlete but I've never understood how a professional athlete needs to "get serious" about anything, especially improving his/her game, getting in shape, whatever. If he needs prodding or poking to get better then he has bigger problems than not having an up and under or being able to use his off hand. No one has to make me get serious when I was shoveling off the driveway and shooting hundreds of FT wearing gloves.

I know I'm nothing more than an old HS athlete but I've never understood how a professional athlete needs to "get serious" about anything, especially improving his/her game, getting in shape, whatever. If he needs prodding or poking to get better then he has bigger problems than not having an up and under or being able to use his off hand. No one has to make me get serious when I was shoveling off the driveway and shooting hundreds of FT wearing gloves.
    Yeah but you also aren't a 7' center who has been able to be a superstar your entire life because you are enormous. Don't get me wrong, I think Howard is really good. But there are issues with him like his freethrows not improving, him dissappearing at times (how the hell does a guy that big just dissappear like that in games???) and then you see guys like Lebron, KD, etc. that have their minds right and it puts them at another level. I don't see that with Dwight Howard. Its like he is happy to be there, and loves the attention, but doesn't mind just being there and trying really hard but if he doesn't ever win a title, then "eh, whatever, I tried" type of mentality. Maybe Kobe's drive will wear off on him. VanGundy even touched on it last night... he said if Howard's head was right and he had the right mental approach like Kobe does, how much better it would benefit everyone in the Lakers organization. I totally agree.

I realize that he's been able to get by his whole life because he's who he is. That's what burns you because you see how really good he could be. Just think if he'd have worked as hard on his game as DeAndre jordan has. I always think back to Micheal Jordan. He worked harder than anyone. He used to make those guys come over to his house everyday and lift weights. He was relentless in practice. I'm just saying that when you get to this level you shouldn't need to be pushed or have someone rub off on you. Sincerely...Get of my lawn guy.

Jazz beat the Heat.

Atlanta only scored 5 points in second quarter in 39 point loss to Chicago..

Hawks are in free fall. That Durant dunk on Gortat tonight.

Looks like trades rumors for Rudy Gay are heating up. Looks like the Wizards want him in exchange for Bradley Beal.

The Clips blasted the Grizz on the road and didn't even play Chris Paul.

Great story lines around the league last night!

SoonerBounce Guest
    So why do the Heat get a special ESPN page linked at the top of the NBA espn page? "Heat Index"

So why do the Heat get a special ESPN page linked at the top of the NBA espn page? "Heat Index"
    Been there for a long time..

Watching the Clips/Wolves. Terry Porter is one ugly Mofo.