ESPN Bowl Mania

Posted 653 day(s) ago by McRib8087 Views 176 Replies
Results 51 to 100 of 177
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
  1. #51
    brousterman's Avatar
    Posts
    2,057
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    signed up an ready to kick some ass.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  2. #52
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    I guess I will have to win this like I win all my LandThieves Fantasy leagues
    Uh huh...

  3. #53
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by brousterman View Post
    signed up an ready to kick some ass.
    May the best (wo)man win

  4. #54
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    I guess I will have to win this like I win all my LandThieves Fantasy leagues
    U must have amnesia

  5. #55
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    20,264
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Does anyone want to do ESPN Bowl Mania? If I remember correctly from last year, it's similar to the ESPN confidence format, but with all 30whatever bowls. You do the picks all at once, and then just watch it play out. It's really fun.

    If there's enough interest, I'll set it up when it comes out. Fanks.



    Edit:
    Here's the link. Register now and it will send you an email when you can make picks. Group name is Chicken Dinner.
    http://games.espn.go.com/college-bow...&entryID=16010
    In

  6. #56
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    In
    Did you get the password right?

  7. #57

  8. #58
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Thanky

  9. #59
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    20,264
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Did you get the password right?
    Bwaaaaaaaaaah!

  10. #60
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Do I need to continually post a number of people playing? Is that how I'm s'posta do it?

  11. #61
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    20,264
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Do I need to continually post a number of people playing? Is that how I'm s'posta do it?
    Only if you want to be a copycat.

  12. #62
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Only if you want to be a copycat.
    Hahhhahaa

  13. #63
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,095
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    I'm in

  14. #64
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania


    Get registered if yer gonna.

  15. #65

  16. #66

  17. #67
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania


  18. #68
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Here is your ballot. Games begin 12-15.
    Bonne chance, mon amis!

  19. #69
    I am going to destroy that ass (in bowl pick'em)
    The following users like this post: McRib


  20. #70
    IN Big time.

  21. #71
    All Done

  22. #72

  23. #73
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Awesome. Just checked & we have 57 registered so far.
    Soooo excited!!

  24. #74
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    turtle!

  25. #75
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    8,510
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FLORIDA

    ESPN Sponsored? No thanks. Unless I don't have a choice, for example, OU game on ESPN, I will never show my support or be a part of anything ESPN.

  26. #76
    yeah i had to make a new account to play also. I just figured since its bowl mania what the hell why not. **** espn after that

  27. #77
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania


  28. #78
    I'll do it
    The following users like this post: McRib


  29. #79
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by AggieSports View Post
    I'll do it
    Yay!

  30. #80
    Bumping one more time. I'll move this to the Fantasy Sports Forum on the 15th
    The following users like this post: McRib


  31. #81

  32. #82
    veyron_80's Avatar
    Posts
    2,378
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington D.C.

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    in

  33. #83
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Just a reminder to register if yer gonna and/or make your picks by Friday night. Games start on Saturday.


  34. #84
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    5,584
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Ok . . . here's a stupid question.

    Confidence - Pick the winners of each matchup. Then order your picks based on confidence. The higher the confidence, the more points you get for a correct pick.

    The higher the confidence meaning the bowl ranked with a confidence of 1 = most confident or least confident?

  35. #85
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    Nobody **** this up
    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    The higher the confidence meaning the bowl ranked with a confidence of 1 = most confident or least confident?
    1 is most confident.
    The following users like this post: TravisG


  36. #86
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Ok . . . here's a stupid question.

    Confidence - Pick the winners of each matchup. Then order your picks based on confidence. The higher the confidence, the more points you get for a correct pick.

    The higher the confidence meaning the bowl ranked with a confidence of 1 = most confident or least confident?
    The game in which you are most confident about the winner should receive 35 points.

    The game in which you are least confident about the winner should receive one point.

  37. #87
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,215
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    So can someone essplain to me confidence points, how they work, and what are their advantages?

  38. #88
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    So can someone essplain to me confidence points, how they work, and what are their advantages?
    I'm not sure if you are serious… But in case there are other people wanting to know as well, here is the thing.

    Confidence points work like a posted above: you give the highest number of points to the games you are most confident about your team winning, and then lower amounts of points for the games you are less confident in. Each game gets a unique set of points, so you will have them ranked one (lowest) through 35 (highest).

    The benefit is that even though there are games that everyone will pick the same winner, not everyone will give them the same amount of points. So for instance, if everyone picks us to win our game, not everyone will give us the same amount of confidence points. The winner is the person who receives the highest number of points, who choose the most number of correct games. If you get your one through 15 games right, but not your 16 through 35 games, then you aren't really doing that well. See?

  39. #89
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    The game in which you are most confident about the winner should receive 35 points.

    The game in which you are least confident about the winner should receive one point.
    dammit mcrib
    2 users like SoonerBounce's post: McRib, TravisG


  40. #90
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,215
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I'm not sure if you are serious… But in case there are other people wanting to know as well, here is the thing.

    Confidence points work like a posted above: you give the highest number of points to the games you are most confident about your team winning, and then lower amounts of points for the games you are less confident in. Each game gets a unique set of points, so you will have them ranked one (lowest) through 35 (highest).

    The benefit is that even though there are games that everyone will pick the same winner, not everyone will give them the same amount of points. So for instance, if everyone picks us to win our game, not everyone will give us the same amount of confidence points. The winner is the person who receives the highest number of points, who choose the most number of correct games. If you get your one through 15 games right, but not your 16 through 35 games, then you aren't really doing that well. See?
    Well first of all I am serious. I've never done a contest like this and have no knowledge of confidence points. I'm not going to post just to be stupid. You have Bounce for that.

    So we pick these games straight up. So do you give a game that's a lock 35 points? Do you give a game you're not so sure of 5? If you give OU 25 points and I give them 10 and they win are you ahead of me 25-10 on that game? I didn't do the math but does 1-35 points add up to the 630 I see by people's names? I'm sure I'm not the only person wanting to know this stuff.

  41. #91
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Well first of all I am serious. I've never done a contest like this and have no knowledge of confidence points. I'm not going to post just to be stupid. You have Bounce for that.

    So we pick these games straight up. So do you give a game that's a lock 35 points? Do you give a game you're not so sure of 5? If you give OU 25 points and I give them 10 and they win are you ahead of me 25-10 on that game? I didn't do the math but does 1-35 points add up to the 630 I see by people's names? I'm sure I'm not the only person wanting to know this stuff.
    Yes you are right about your scenario-if I give a winning team 25 points and you gave them 10, one that particular game I would have beaten you. But... It's not a matter of winning per game, it's a matter of total points once all the bowls are over.

    If you have a very lopsided matchup, say if Alabama and UTEP were playing, you can be pretty confident about Alabama winning, therefore, give it 35 pts. If you have a pretty even match up, that could really go either way, such as an Alabama and Georgia type game, then you would give that one point. For all of the points in between, you just have to negotiate with yourself based on whatever criteria you use on how confident you are… I usually use things like people being out for injuries, where they are playing, even thinking about the weather that day.

    You pick the winner straight up, regardless of spread. The only adjustment you make is for how sure you are about your winner.

  42. #92
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,215
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    I'll take all that into account. Of course when I win you'll need to remember all the help you gave me.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  43. #93
    Bump before the move on Friday

  44. #94

  45. #95
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    2,523
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    in!

  46. #96
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Holy balls. 100 players!
    The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner


  47. #97
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    5,584
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Holy balls. 100 players!
    You're up early . . .
    The following users like this post: McRib


  48. #98
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Last day to register and/or make your picks.

    Also, reminder to myself to make my picks

    Good luck to everyone, & may the best (wo)man win!!


  49. #99
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ESPN Bowl Mania

    Last day. 109 players last I looked.

  50. #100
    Pretty sure you all are just playing for second place already.

Similar Threads

  1. Fcs mania
    By Boomasoona in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: September 1st, 2013, 04:14 PM
  2. The Walking Dead Off Season Mania
    By James in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM