For my NCAA wrestling brothers

Posted 715 day(s) ago 1131 Views 18 Replies
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    For my NCAA wrestling brothers

    Dake beat Taylor AGAIN! Kyle Dake is a freak of nature and will go down as one of the best all times. He will be wrestling on the Olympic team, the sky is the limit for this kid. BTW- this is my sons hero (he is 7) and now wants to go to Cornell but JP (Patterson from OU) is his hero as well...so maybe that will keep him cheering on OU
    The following users like this post: suncoastsooner


  2. #2
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,935
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Looked like OU used a lot of the reserves against UCO in the 1st meet.
    Are we stronger this year and can OU get into the top 10 in the NCAAs and challenge OSU in Bedlam?

  3. #3
    hell Maple won his all star match, I think JP will be an All American....To answer your question, I am not sure....I think we have a shot to do well. BUT, I have not kept up through the summer. What happened to the two transfers, I think from Wisconsin or something????

  4. #4
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,935
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    According to soonersports.com Howe and Rutt are both on the team as SRS. Rutt won 1st at the OCU Open including a pin of the Okie State wrestler.
    Those 2 guys plus Maple and Patterson plus the Lester brothers look to give OU a solid core of 6 wrestlers. Lots of SR there so I hope recruiting has been strong for the future. Might be the year OU takes down OSU.
    Last edited by 61sooner; November 5th, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #5
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,581
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    We only wrestle OSU once this season. John Smith isn't going to give us the "reserve match" we normally receive at least once from them. Taking that into consideration I think it is doubtful we can topple them.

    I don't want to even get my hopes up about getting back into the top ten at the NCAA this season. It seems like everytime I grow my expectations for this program they just end up being dashed. I just want to see improvements, more aggressive wrestling, and better conditioning as the season progresses at this point.

  6. #6
    shit...I just realized that **** Head Caldwell is a Cowboy now. If you guys remember I posted when he left and some thought he would end up Nebraska. I am wonder what that does to their line up. Does Dallas Bailey have a starting spot? I think we are a top 10 team, I really do...maybe that is my heart talking but we have some studs right now.

  7. #7
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,935
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Glad to see there is still some love out there for OU Wrestling. I go back to Danny Hodge, Dick Delgado, Gordon Rosselor, Stan Abel, Mickey Martin, Dale Lewis, the Days of Glory of OU wrestling. Who needed BB in the winter when you had OU wrestling.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Glad to see there is still some love out there for OU Wrestling. I go back to Danny Hodge, Dick Delgado, Gordon Rosselor, Stan Abel, Mickey Martin, Dale Lewis, the Days of Glory of OU wrestling. Who needed BB in the winter when you had OU wrestling.
    All my boys wrestle. My 7 year old won his second nationals this year and won Reno world. Guess what....He wanted a customer OU singlet to wear during the tourney so he represented well...

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    All my boys wrestle. My 7 year old won his second nationals this year and won Reno world. Guess what....He wanted a customer OU singlet to wear during the tourney so he represented well...
    Where can I get a youth OU singlet for my nephew who is pretty decent himself? We live in Texas and he dominates locally. Even won tulsa novice nationals his 2nd year.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Where can I get a youth OU singlet for my nephew who is pretty decent himself? We live in Texas and he dominates locally. Even won tulsa novice nationals his 2nd year.
    I have the best lady, her name is Mona. 405-834-1061. She is on Facebook and shows alot of the singlets..Tell her that Justin sent you

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    I have the best lady, her name is Mona. 405-834-1061. She is on Facebook and shows alot of the singlets..Tell her that Justin sent you
    Def will do. Thanks tons. Hes wanted one forever and i haven't been able to find one anywhere.

  12. #12
    Is it Takedown singlets by mona on Facebook? Yes it is. Nevermind thanks again.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Is it Takedown singlets by mona on Facebook? Yes it is. Nevermind thanks again.
    yes sir. she uses a good material that lets the body breathe...good luck!

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    yes sir. she uses a good material that lets the body breathe...good luck!
    I was going to go to her until I found this.

    http://www.wrestlinggear.com/uniform...tling-singlet/

    What do you think?

  15. #15
    Dude that is SLICK! I wish I had seen that, I would have bought that one also...I still may. SUPER COOL!

  16. #16
    I was just looking at the schedule, and was surprised that we are not wrestling the aggots home and away. Is this the first year that has happened, or changed recently?

  17. #17
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,581
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Been looking over intermat a lot this week and the outlook for this season looks bleak. Five weight classes where we don't have a wrestler in the top 20 of the country currently. Only three classes where we have a top 10 wrestler. Maples is our top 5 wrestler at any class.

    Intermat has projected as 11th in the country right now and I haven't seen us finish as high as they project us going in but once in the last decade.

    Originally Posted by SoonerWalkon View Post
    I was just looking at the schedule, and was surprised that we are not wrestling the aggots home and away. Is this the first year that has happened, or changed recently?
    It was a scheduling conflict this season for both schools.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by SoonerWalkon View Post
    I was just looking at the schedule, and was surprised that we are not wrestling the aggots home and away. Is this the first year that has happened, or changed recently?
    Coach Smith didn't want to wrestle the home and home since this year the Big XII teams are all wrestling the second conference dual on the Friday before the conference tournament. I understand that, and think having everyone make weight two days in a row will help all schools at nationals, but sad to see such a long tradition go by the wayside.

  19. #19
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,581
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Coach Smith didn't want to wrestle the home and home since this year the Big XII teams are all wrestling the second conference dual on the Friday before the conference tournament. I understand that, and think having everyone make weight two days in a row will help all schools at nationals, but sad to see such a long tradition go by the wayside.
    Smith said he would have been okay with a second match if OU had been willing to have it earlier in the season.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 11th, 2014, 02:50 PM
  3. NCAA Wrestling Tournament
    By suncoastsooner in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2013, 02:50 PM

Tags for this Thread