Bob Costas being ignorant

Posted 720 day(s) ago by ArbySooner3364 Views 136 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns...
    Those pesky cars.

Excellent Video Reponse to Bob Costas

The following users like this post: andymancan20

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns...
    outlaw cars!

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Can we at least agree that the rational deduction would make it less likely?
    yes.

Originally Posted by SoonerWalkon View Post
    Pretty well thought out response...for a Yankees fan.

But seriously, good response.

Originally Posted by Soonerpsycho View Post
    Move Over, NRA. Meet the Knife Lobby.

It's hard to determine whether New York-style anti-knife laws actually make the streets safer. According to the FBI, knives were used in 13 percent of homicides in 2010. Jan Billeb, the executive director of the American Knife and Tool Institute ("Imagine Your Life Without a Knife"), claims that the overwhelming majority of knife crimes are committed with kitchen knives.

Ritter worries that if "the demonization of knives" continues, we'll end up like Europe, where knives are often strictly regulated. He recalls a trip to England, where folding blades longer than three inches are illegal and you can't carry any knife in public "without good reason."

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Costas was on Dan Patrick and said he supports the second amendment. Guess the blowback got a little intense for old Bob.
    Anybody that is in the NRA is a crazy rightwing radical....per Cowherd.

Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Anybody that is in the NRA is a crazy rightwing radical....per Cowherd.
    And a Klansman according to Whitlock.

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    These things go hand in hand...gun ownership...Klansman...right wing radical...Tea partier...racist....wife beater...anti gay marriage...anti Obama...anti union....ANTI AMERICAN!!!!

Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    These things go hand in hand...gun ownership...Klansman...right wing radical...Tea partier...racist....wife beater...anti gay marriage...anti Obama...anti union....ANTI AMERICAN!!!!
    Yes, if you want fiscal responsibility and a government that is in line with the Constitution you are all of those things.... but its Fox News that is dividing the nation, not the ridiculous and hate-filled rhetoric of the Left.

Yes, if you want fiscal responsibility and a government that is in line with the Constitution you are all of those things.... but its Fox News that is dividing the nation, not the ridiculous and hate-filled rhetoric of the Left.
    Heh...This country would be a paradise if it wasn't for Fox news.

What was bizarre about this particular non-issue is that no one was basically in the wrong. What Costas said was technically not incorrect. There is an extremely unhealthy 'gun culture' in the United States....and for Americans not to acknowledge that is pretty fascinating..

Originally Posted by sweetnsourpoke View Post
    What was bizarre about this particular non-issue is that no one was basically in the wrong. What Costas said was technically not incorrect. There is an extremely unhealthy 'gun culture' in the United States....and for Americans not to acknowledge that is pretty fascinating..
    It was "technically incorrect" that he used a sports venue to advance his own views on the "non issue". What's bizarre is that some Americans don't acknowledge that.

Hey Okie.....how many people have you shot yet with your guns? How long you been carrying?

Hey Okie.....how many people have you shot yet with your guns? How long you been carrying?
    Do Aggies count?

If not....0. I don't own a gun and haven't owned one for about 30 years. But now that it is open carry I'm tempted to get one just to carry around...but I drink too often so I'm still pondering ownership.

Costas nailed it right on the head.

I've lived in a few different countries...and the United States is the only one where the citizens felt the need to protect themselves with firearms.

It's extremely sad. Yet, people here know no other way. It's just the way it is.
    Which countries?

Ban alcohol

Alcohol causes nearly 4 percent of deaths worldwide, more than AIDS, tuberculosis or violence, the World Health Organization warned on Friday.

PS: Never quote anything from a troll like Whitlock. Whitlock believes in nothing but stirring shit.

According to Porkchop everything is racist unless he says so. I was never so glad to see someone leave town...

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    According to Porkchop everything is racist unless he says so. I was never so glad to see someone leave town...
    It's not just Whitlock. The whistle blowers are flat bonkers. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2272395.html

The only thing that could have kept Kassandra alive that day....is if she'd have had a gun. That is true, even if Javon hadn't had one. He was probably going to kill her one way or another. The only way she could have protected herself from him was with a gun. No amount of rhetoric, or hysteria about "gun culture" or wannabe sophisticates like sweetnsourpoke, can change that simple fact.
    2 users like Shooter's post: Fahooglegods, KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    It's not just Whitlock. The whistle blowers are flat bonkers. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2272395.html
    Think there's a page titled "White Voices"?

Wanna be sophisticates? LOL! Okay.....keep clutching your guns and living in fear.

Hope you someday get to live out your fantasy of killing a bad guy.....if your kid doesn't accidently blow his head off first.

It's always amusing how people like you resort to attributing everything to fear on the part of people you disagree with. It's simple condescension, and it isn't even cleverly disguised. It does however flag you immediately as to not having much of a rational argument, or counterpoint.
    I don't have a fire alarm in my house because I'm gripped with a fear of fire.
    I don't have full coverage auto insurance because I'm gripped with a fear hail stones ruining the exterior aesthetics of my vehicles.
    Likewise, I don't own guns because I'm fearful of people breaking into my home.

I simply have those things because they each answer risk with preparedness.

I also don't wish to kill anyone. I know it makes you feel intelligent to presume and assert that anyone who owns guns is a simpleton, but you are the one who is resorting to insults in lieu of logic, so it is you who comes off as simple.

Wanna be sophisticates? LOL! Okay.....keep clutching your guns and living in fear.

Hope you someday get to live out your fantasy of killing a bad guy.....if your kid doesn't accidently blow his head off first.
    You are a fairly ineffective troll. Try harder.

You are a fairly ineffective troll. Try harder.
    I think that's as good as it gets.

It's not fear, huh? Hey, you might be right. It could just be an insurance policy.

But my brother sleeps at night with a loaded shotgun on the floor next to his bed....every single night. And he has two kids between 4 and 7. Another gal I know sleeps with a loaded handgun on her nightstand every single night. My sister-in-law carries a pistol in her purse and has another in her car. This isn't Kinshasa or Kabul or Nuevo Laredo. It's Oklahoma City. What the hell is going on here?

God and guns. You know as well as I do that you have, I'm guessing, a 98% chance in your lifetime of never using a gun in self-defense (Jerome Ersland was really lucky, huh?) but people carry anyway. It's that ILLUSION of safety and security. Whatever helps them sleep better at night. Kind of like that toddler and her blanket. Likewise, I think most rational people know that when you die you aren't going to meet up with Uncle Walt and Aunt Bernice for dominoes up in heaven....but people somehow keep believing in Christ for the ILLUSION that everything will be okay.

I'm not saying ban guns. America is too far gone for that. Why? Our GUN CULTURE. It exists. Unfortunately.

My wife was going to work one morning in rural Oklahoma when she was accosted by a serial rapist. He put a key to her throat, told her it was a knife, and then threw her into the trunk of his car. Fortunately, she had her cellphone and she called me. I'm not going to go through all of the details, but she was very fortunate and before he could **** and brutalize her, he wrecked the car while being pursued with her still in the trunk. The system worked, right? I called the police, they caught the bad guy. Except the two women before her weren't so lucky. He repeatedly ****d them, sodomized them, beat the hell out of them and pissed on them. He was on the run when he came upon my wife, so it is very possible he wasn't planning on leaving another witness. He never used a gun. For the other women he didn't use any weapon at all. Exactly one thing would have saved those women and prevented my wife from being kidnapped, and that one thing is a gun. Feel free to give me the statistics about how my wife is very unlikely to be accosted again. I will pass them on to her. I'm sure she will find it very assuring. Here is the thing, though. She doesn't live in fear. What she does know, however, is that she can prevent something like that from ever happening by carrying a gun and knowing how to use it, so she has chosen to do so.

It's not fear, huh? Hey, you might be right. It could just be an insurance policy.

But my brother sleeps at night with a loaded shotgun on the floor next to his bed....every single night. And he has two kids between 4 and 7. Another gal I know sleeps with a loaded handgun on her nightstand every single night. My sister-in-law carries a pistol in her purse and has another in her car. This isn't Kinshasa or Kabul or Nuevo Laredo. It's Oklahoma City. What the hell is going on here?

God and guns. You know as well as I do that you have, I'm guessing, a 98% chance in your lifetime of never using a gun in self-defense (Jerome Ersland was really lucky, huh?) but people carry anyway. It's that ILLUSION of safety and security. Whatever helps them sleep better at night. Kind of like that toddler and her blanket. Likewise, I think most rational people know that when you die you aren't going to meet up with Uncle Walt and Aunt Bernice for dominoes up in heaven....but people somehow keep believing in Christ for the ILLUSION that everything will be okay.

I'm not saying ban guns. America is too far gone for that. Why? Our GUN CULTURE. It exists. Unfortunately.
    Sounds like the issue isn't the guns but the morons that own them. I live in one of the safest suburbs in America - not Kabul. I also live ten minutes from KCMO that has more murders per capita than Chicago. I too keep a shotgun for home protection but when my daughter was young I kept it put away and safe. I had an alarm on my place so I'd have time to get it and ready it for use. When she wasn't with me it was at arm's reach and ready to rock n roll. My handgun has also always been secure and when she was old enough my daughter knew how to handle and use it in a safe manner. You bet I feel safer. This has been discussed before. If I were to break into someone's home I would be armed so if someone breaks into my home I expect the same. You're in my yard I call 911. You're in my house you're getting carried out. I have forearms for protection only. Not to play gangster, to be a fool, or as an extension of my ****. You obviously are of a different opinion. Agree to disagree. Just don't lump me in with people that abuse gun ownership or are into it for the wrong reasons.

SoonerBounce Guest

You are an imbecile. I highly doubt many people keep a loaded gun at the bedside b/c they are scared. They do it just in case. Always be prepared. You act like fear takes over someone's life. it doesn't
    2 users like SoonerBounce's post: DHF, Tundra

2.5/10
    3 users like Sancho's post: DHF, ImTheDude, KCRuf/Nek

The fear mongering is strong in this one....

A pretty interesting response to Costas and Whitlock

http://sofrep.com/15067/media-gun-problem/
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    So america is the only country where citizens feel the need to own a firearm to protect themselves....I'm guessing you haven't lived in very many countries.

I don't know one single person who owns a gun for their protection and I know a shit ton of people... !!!
    The following users like this post: Yatahaze

Arguing gun control laws with rednecks from Oklahoma is like trying to argue race with Bruthaman. Might as well go ram your head into a wall, you'll come away more intelligent and with less of a headache.

You mean like the ILLUSION of safety and security the government promises us every time they pass the Patriot Act, NDAA, in building multi-billion dollar server farms to track and store data on every single American citizen, etc. Or is it the ILLUSION that if someone does actually break into you home in the middle of the night that a police officer will be there two seconds after your door is kicked in? Or the ILLUSION that the same police officers will be there when your wife just happens to cross paths with an opportunistic rapist?

How about some blame for our hip hop and rap culture that has taught millions of kids it's cool to be a gangster, to beat women, to kill cops, or anybody who "disrespects" you? Do video games get any blame? You know the ones where kids sit for hours mindlessly killing.

The "gun culture" has very little to do with the violence in this country. How many killings do you see at gun stores, gun shows, shooting ranges and the like versus how many shootings to you see at places where guns are not allowed like schools, movie theaters, post offices and work?

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    Arguing gun control laws with rednecks from Oklahoma is like trying to argue race with Bruthaman.
    Pffft. Hardly.

Bob Costas being ignorant

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    Arguing gun control laws with rednecks from Oklahoma is like trying to argue race with Bruthaman. Might as well go ram your head into a wall, you'll come away more intelligent and with less of a headache.
    Good thing you're not a bigot, asswipe.