Teaching the Bible, Closing the Education Gap

Posted 506 day(s) ago by andymancan202046 Views 116 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    vCash

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I think a nice healthy mix of books, religions, science math, history and extra science would be fine. Once students are past grade eight there should be nothing but math, science, history and job/life skills middle school is good through in some religion studies (many types and things about them) and also s time for plenty of reading of novels grammar classes should also be considered for all ages as important.
    r U drunk?!

Why do people place their personal feelings about religion over the welfare of minorities? Why so much hate for minorities?
    The following users like this post: Aurora

vCash

This thread sucks
    2 users like Omega's post: lycao, oucub23

vCash

Jesus's skin color is a reflection of the society not a reflection of white people...in downtown Washington D.C. there is a very large African American Church that took over a synagogue and on the ceiling is a black Jesus, i wasn't offended at all rather i enjoyed the fact that for this congregation they had made Jesus a part of their context...we all know Jesus was most likely 5'3 and Arab/olive skin...
    The following users like this post: drspencer

vCash

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    r U drunk?!
    No, just because I don't believe in a religion of any kind doesn't mean they are not entrenched in the culture of every country and a part of many of those countries histories. Learning about religions of the world can help kids decide the ins and outs of societies, grasp the history of a country and know that they should only choose a religion if they truly choose to believe. Instead of "you were born and American you are xyz religion or your are born in India you are abc religion."

vCash

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Not teaching basic Biblical literacy is asinine for a Western Nation. Particularly the New Testament has had a profound impact on Western history. You don't teach basic Qu'ran literacy because we don't care about nor need to really know on a populous scale the history of the (Middle)Eastern world in Euro-America.

And it's a little bit quixotic to think that somehow teaching the Bible is going close the education/accomplishment gap. I'd be willing to bet a lot that any dogma that develops from Biblical teaching is far less responsible for the development of these students than is the relationships and self-awareness that come out of their religion. The former (relationships) will not be developed from reading any textbook or fictional account in school. The latter will not arise from reading this in school any more than self-awareness might arise after reading the story of Charlamagne.

And you know who ought to oppose more than anybody else, having the Bible in schools curricula?

Christians.

You want to talk about something that has wreaked more havoc on the faith of individuals, go talk to a group of 100 people who have been through seminary and see how many still identify as Christians.
    I agree with most of your post, but the statement I quoted is just plain ignorant. Euro Americans should learn more about the histories of non-Euro Americans, and vice/versa.
    The following users like this post: URNotserious

Acharya S,D. M. Murdock read her stuff maybe it will shed some light on your mythical man called Jesus

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerUthenMe View Post
    Acharya S,D. M. Murdock read her stuff maybe it will shed some light on your mythical man called Jesus
    Too many untruths to name. Do some research.

Originally Posted by soonerUthenMe View Post
    This is a good video. Ive watched it several times.

vCash

To deny the historical man of Jesus is hard to do, to say he wasn't divine isn't so hard but most people acknowledge he existed

vCash

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    To deny the historical man of Jesus is hard to do, to say he wasn't divine isn't so hard but most people acknowledge he existed
    there is a lot of historical evidence that Jesus the man existed, his divinity wasn't bestowed to him until more than 3 centuries after his death but I believe the man existed

vCash

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    there is a lot of historical evidence that Jesus the man existed, his divinity wasn't bestowed to him until more than 3 centuries after his death but I believe the man existed
    Irenaeus was a first century church father, the first generation post Paul so i don't but the 300 years later that he was divine...you may be discussing certain creedal statements but that's not when the ideas were formed but were centralized plus those creeds took decades if not centuries to make

vCash

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    Too many untruths to name. Do some research.
    I did, your videos are full of errors.

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/HORUS.htm

http://www.tektonics.org/af/achy01.html

vCash

Duplicate

vCash

Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
    It wasn't my video. I was saying the video was full of shit; just using less words.

vCash

LOL

The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

vCash

It's the family unit, Christian or otherwise, that the children are now missing.