Justin Manning Announcement 4:P.M.

Posted 696 day(s) ago by BigDoberman34240 Views 518 Replies
Page 11 of 11 9 10 11

I said nothing about or no such thing about a great defense! I only asked if [YOU] thought OUs defense could have handled Alabama? Just a simple straight forward question. Why can't this coaching staff even develop a pass rush of any kind? The only time is from a blitz and 7 times out of 10 the LB or DB dives at the ball carriers feet and misses. Jefferson is the only one who can seem to put a helmet on the ball carrier. Is this problem of poor coaching or just not having the top play makers? I lean toward not having the top play makers on the field. Which the coaching staff recruits and gets on campus and develops into those elite players. That every top football team needs.

Re: Justin Manning Announcement 4:P.M.

Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I said nothing about or no such thing about a great defense! I only asked if [YOU] thought OUs defense could have handled Alabama? Just a simple straight forward question.
    Do you feel atm "handled" bama? If so? Then yes I think OU can handle bama's offense.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    ROFL! Turk and You think OU Def could have handled Alabama? Nails? No! Football Players!
    Different style of offense than what OU saw in the Big 12. Its much easier to defend teams that play from an I formation, with an immobile QB, and who aren't proficient at passing the ball.

That's the type of offense that Stoops made his rep on shutting down.

Its much simpler.

The problem with the Leach offense's and all its offspring, is scheme.

Originally Posted by tksooner09 View Post
    Jeff Tarpley ‏@TarpRivals
    Manning takes the ou hat puts on takes it of puts on the #TAMU hat
    Disrespectful piece of shit traitor. Someone go take a crowbar to that fat****'s knee caps.

Yes, I'm still pissed about this. Only reason it came up is b/c I'm trying to figure out how the **** A&M has 33 commits and could have as many as 38. WTF is going on there?? I thought the SEC came to some 25 cap rule?? I know there are defections, quitters, transfers, etc., but holy shit.

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Disrespectful piece of shit traitor. Someone go take a crowbar to that fat****'s knee caps.
    Been stewing on this one for a while have you?
    The following users like this post: pbc2003

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    Been stewing on this one for a while have you?
    LOL, I got over pretty quick actually, but apparently there was still some pent up resentment I didn't realize was there until I saw that **** hat swap shit. I didn't know about that until today; otherwise, I would have said it then.

Yes, I'm still pissed about this. Only reason it came up is b/c I'm trying to figure out how the **** A&M has 33 commits and could have as many as 38. WTF is going on there?? I thought the SEC came to some 25 cap rule?? I know there are defections, quitters, transfers, etc., but holy shit.
    I bet he thinks he made the wrong decision and would have came to OU. I am pissed over it, and we NEEDED him badly....but good lord. Who is to blame here? His ego because he wanted more love or the coaching staff for not giving him the love. Then lets say we kissed his ass like he wanted and he chose OU, then he was a bust or he ended up being a bad seed for the team...then it would be this ****ing coaching staff should have realized when he was pissed he was not feeling the love. Again- LOSE LOSE. May I mention a player name Jeffcoat that people was ass ****ing hurt over us not getting him and how we didnt do a good job recruiting him, dont get me wrong end of his career he has got much better, but IMO not worth the hype.

He'll be another Jamarkus McFarland.

I'm more pissed that we hung our whole class at DT on him and now were screwed. That's a horrible plan from the start. You never assume anything, especially in recruiting. Lazy. That's what pisses me off. That, and this ****ing thread won't die.

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    I bet he thinks he made the wrong decision and would have came to OU. I am pissed over it, and we NEEDED him badly....but good lord. Who is to blame here? His ego because he wanted more love or the coaching staff for not giving him the love. Then lets say we kissed his ass like he wanted and he chose OU, then he was a bust or he ended up being a bad seed for the team...then it would be this ****ing coaching staff should have realized when he was pissed he was not feeling the love. Again- LOSE LOSE. May I mention a player name Jeffcoat that people was ass ****ing hurt over us not getting him and how we didnt do a good job recruiting him, dont get me wrong end of his career he has got much better, but IMO not worth the hype.
    Both are at fault in Manning's case. I just assumed he'd get over the butt-hurt of not getting his early offer, and I honestly would not have been that upset over losing him b/c of his eqo. The hat thing just set me off.

Uh, Jeffcoat had 7.5 sacks, 17 TFL, and 7 QB hurries as a soph and 4 sacks, 11 TFL, 6 QB hurries, and 2 FF in his first 5 games this year before getting hurt against us. I'd say he was doing pretty damn well. Not sure what your level of "worth the hype" is.

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Madsen View Post
    He'll be another Jamarkus McFarland.
    hope so in this case

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    That, and this ****ing thread won't die.
    my bad.

/thread

Both are at fault in Manning's case. I just assumed he'd get over the butt-hurt of not getting his early offer, and I honestly would not have been that upset over losing him b/c of his eqo. The hat thing just set me off.

Uh, Jeffcoat had 7.5 sacks, 17 TFL, and 7 QB hurries as a soph and 4 sacks, 11 TFL, 6 QB hurries, and 2 FF in his first 5 games this year before getting hurt against us. I'd say he was doing pretty damn well. Not sure what your level of "worth the hype" is.
    ok what are my standards. Jeffcoat was HIGHLY recruited, dont know the stars, dont keep with that...BUT my expecations? How about better than 2nd team Big 12? How about meeting what Alexander did...I am not sure but hell I think Ronnell Lewis was 1st team Big 12. I am not talking AA, that would be great, but he is not even the best at his position in the Big 12. HYPE...

Manning wouldn't of made it through the first summer with Jerry Schmidt. Seriously. It's good he is going to ATM, because he would have quit before next season ever began at Oklahoma. The kid is mentally weak and those are the ones that don't make it in Jerry's program.
    The following users like this post: MoJoOkie

Looking forward to seeing how Matt Dimon does this Sat. against a quick Cedar Hill team that features aTm commit, Laquivionte Gonzales. I'm hoping Dimon can turn out to be a Dan Cody type player.

It's called "working" the system...
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Manning wouldn't of made it through the first summer with Jerry Schmidt. Seriously. It's good he is going to ATM, because he would have quit before next season ever began at Oklahoma. The kid is mentally weak and those are the ones that don't make it in Jerry's program.
    where on his films or profile does it list "lazy, lacks effort, etc." ... just because someone doesn't commit with us mean they are "mentally weak". you could be the only ou idiot thinking "it was a good thing he is going to ATM". we need AND wanted him bad ... he decided to go elsewhere.

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    ok what are my standards. Jeffcoat was HIGHLY recruited, dont know the stars, dont keep with that...BUT my expecations? How about better than 2nd team Big 12? How about meeting what Alexander did...I am not sure but hell I think Ronnell Lewis was 1st team Big 12. I am not talking AA, that would be great, but he is not even the best at his position in the Big 12. HYPE...
    I'm really confused here. Are you trolling? B/c you're actually causing me to defend a longwhorn here.
    JJ was a 1/2 sack and 1/2 TFL behind Alexander when JJ was a soph and FA was a SR. That's about as "meeting with Alexander did" as you can get
    If anyone was hype, it was Lewis. Shit, he was 2.5 sacks behind JJ and 4 TFLs!
    So again, are you ****ing serious?? I'm literally squinting at my screen wondering if you're serious right now...
    If you come back with another dumbass response, I'm just going to assume you're trolling and refrain from responding any further.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Good luck to Justin Manning....I hope he tears it up in the SEC and has a long career in the League.