Welfare nation.

Posted 695 day(s) ago 1055 Views 53 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Whats funny is that youre probably on welfare you byotch.

Foodstampistan is the preferred name....thank you.
    2 users like Sooner5030's post: jdmt37, soonerintn

Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Would you like to compare portfolios?
    Last edited by jdmt37; December 6th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Once again when presented with facts and nothing but reality the left only mocks and calls names....essentially a 5 yr old
    5 users like andymancan20's post: cosmoxl, Eigenvalue, jdmt37, soonercoop1, soonerintn

The author does not understand what welfare is.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    How so? (Not trolling)
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    Once again when presented with facts and nothing but reality the left only mocks and calls names....essentially a 5 yr old
    I didnt read it. I already know what this **** is about.

What, the truth?
    2 users like jdmt37's post: Eigenvalue, KCRuf/Nek

?

It is obvious from the statistics he is quoting that he is talking about food stamps, and probably SSI, Medicaid.

Traditionally, Welfare is a reference to cash support or what is now called TANF.

a very small percentage of Americans receive TANF (or welfare checks)

It is obvious from the statistics he is quoting that he is talking about food stamps, and probably SSI, Medicaid.

Traditionally, Welfare is a reference to cash support or what is now called TANF.

a very small percentage of Americans receive TANF (or welfare checks)

Yup. Over half of the slideshow that served as the inspiration for the article is covering Medicaid.
    The following users like this post: SpankyNek

touchy

Welfare nation.

Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    What, the truth?
    Lol, with bruthaman its always about racism.
    2 users like kssooner's post: greensooner, jdmt37

3 users like soonerintn's post: jdmt37, KCRuf/Nek, URNotserious

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    It's called confirmation bias. You ignore facts that are contrary to your immature beliefs.
    It was a typical bash Obama article. So now what? We are not a welfare nation. If people will hire, people will work. Tell Rominy and all the rest of his rich prick buds to bring back those jobs he sent overseas, that would help a ton.

how can you comment on something you don't read?

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    It's called confirmation bias. You ignore facts that are contrary to your immature beliefs.
    Well then, it seems brutha and 87 are more alike than either would like to admit.

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    how can you comment on something you don't read?
    he's just following the standard of liberals...e.g.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

I've paid into this system for 35 years. I want it all. Welfare. Unemployment. Food stamps. Health care. WIC. Obama phones. Give it to me.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: jdmt37, URNotserious

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I've paid into this system for 35 years. I want it all. Welfare. Unemployment. Food stamps. Health care. WIC. Obama phones. Give it to me.
    Have a kid that only you can claim as a dependent and then break your spine.

You'll get it all.
    2 users like SpankyNek's post: Aurora, greensooner

unfortunately i have had many people tell me that the advice given to them by wic/tanf etc was that they should have kids...to get school assistance, food, whatever it is the advice is always have more kids...the system is built to get rid of the father figure and make families dependent up it's services which is sad because it should be there for tough times and not have to bring more people into this world just to get a few more bucks

unfortunately i have had many people tell me that the advice given to them by wic/tanf etc was that they should have kids...to get school assistance, food, whatever it is the advice is always have more kids...the system is built to get rid of the father figure and make families dependent up it's services which is sad because it should be there for tough times and not have to bring more people into this world just to get a few more bucks
    It's not what the system is built for, but it has certainly had the resultant effect.

I have long said we should have work programs in place for cash assistance, a reworked food program and that SSI and Medicare are paid out of my check and should not be considered welfare. However anyone who has not worked or is using medicaid for their health care and is on SSI can fall into a welfare category but it should not be loosely tossed in with cash assistance and food stamp figures. Disabled people and mentally ill people should get benefits if unable to work. Fat people getting disability should get one year to get healthy with the help of a program and get back into the job market because fat is not a disability it is 99% of the time poor life style choices..

I hate when people do a lump statistical article to try to prove a point. Yes there are things that should be fixed but often the numbers are skewed to cause a stir.

More kids = bigger checks. I've known people that did just that.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    More kids = bigger checks. I've known people that did just that.
    Why aren't you?

Welfare nation.

You'll get it all.
    You don't need to break your spine. You just need to say you have anxiety issues. Or that you have ADHD.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You don't need to break your spine. You just need to say you have anxiety issues.
    And have a LICENSED professional justify what you say.

Welfare nation.

We have licensed professionals That are legalized drug pushers. licensing helps control some manipulation Of the system but it by no means stops manipulation of the system.

You don't need to break your spine. You just need to say you have anxiety issues. Or that you have ADHD.
    Why does it seem that so many that fall under its purview disagree so adamantly with the assertions of the APA and its DSM?

Welfare nation.

The system is manipulated and abused much much more than most people want To acknowledge.

Welfare nation.

Why does it seem that so many that fall under its purview disagree so adamantly with the assertions of the APA and its DSM?
    Clarify please

We have licensed professionals That are legalized drug pushers. licensing helps control some manipulation Of the system but it by no means stops manipulation of the system.
    That is where the problem lies, then.
    Perhaps a stronger regulatory arm (read:bureaucracy) would solve this.

Welfare nation.

The LPCBoard has recently raised restrictions on who can become licensed and not. There's a lot more responsibility being placed upon supervisors to the point that there are many people that will no longer supervise.

I can't speak to medical doctors but I do know that pain management clinics are alive and well.

Welfare nation.

Additionally the problem arises that when you expand the bureaucracy it is usually filled with people who are not in the field. Not being in the field changes your perception of what is actually happening. As a result many times these people are not the best judges of licensing violations if you will.

Clarify please
    Why is ADHD and anxiety/depression marginalized? (I am not attacking you here, but on several occasions I have heard you mention that a person merely has to "say" they have these problems. If the criterion for such a diagnosis is set forth by the ruling body, is your assertion (at least somewhat) an attack upon those qualifiers, or do you claim that most cases do not fit the criteria for diagnosis and Doctors are primarily operating in a manner diametric to the guidelines?)

It would seem a bit far fetched that more than, say, 30% of these cases are misdiagnosed or fraud...wouldn't you agree?

Welfare nation.

If you're asking what I think you're asking people in the field are close enough to the situation that they actually know what's happening.

Welfare nation.

ADHD is misdiagnosed probably a much higher rate than 30%. Additionally it's not a disability and therein lies the problem

The LPCBoard has recently raised restrictions on who can become licensed and not. There's a lot more responsibility being placed upon supervisors to the point that there are many people that will no longer supervise.

I can't speak to medical doctors but I do know that pain management clinics are alive and well.
    The cover for pain management clinics is they all require some form of proof of injury (not sure how one could prove pain...but they at least cover their asses with proof of possible pain due to condition)

I can see where the Psychiatric side could operate more freely without something like XRays or Catscans serving up a definitive case for possible anxiety...most of it is based upon patient interaction.

Welfare nation.

The cover for pain management clinics is they all require some form of proof of injury (not sure how one could prove pain...but they at least cover their asses with proof of possible pain due to condition)

I can see where the Psychiatric side could operate more freely without something like XRays or Catscans serving up a definitive case for possible anxiety...most of it is based upon patient interaction.
    Pain management clinics are simply a way for people to feed a prescription addiction 90+ percent of the time.

ADHD is misdiagnosed probably a much higher rate than 30%. Additionally it's not a disability and therein lies the problem
    I wonder who the lobbying groups were for declaring ADHD a disability under Social Security. As the APA hasn't done so (I haven't studied the DSM V, though)

Pain management clinics are simply a way for people to feed a prescription addiction 90+ percent of the time.
    This is true, but they do have medical records supporting a need for such medication in nearly the same percentage.

Welfare nation.

I'd say 100%. The problem is whenever your solution creates a bigger problem than it solves then we have issues.

Back when "welfare reform" was passed it was hailed as a solution to the problem, but it really did nothing.

I know a manager of large apartment company that is all section 8 housing. When "welfare reform" was passed people were supposed to be kicked off of welfare after a certain period of time. This did happen for the most part, but what happened was that they just moved to another program. Most moved over to Social Security Disability. Now these people that were on welfare for generations are now on various forms of disability. Their kids are all on disability. One kid actually told this manager his mom wouldn't let him study or do homework because "he said, and I quote, 'we get money because I'm dumb' ".

While there are legitimate reasons for these programs, they are being abused by a large percentage of the population. The sad fact is that these programs are designed in a way that the people scamming the system are the people that get hurt the worst in the long run. It's easier to stay in the programs, than to get a entry level job somewhere and earn an honest living. So the cycle repeats generation after generation, they become less educated and then it's harder and harder to get out out of the cycle.

Now these people in the system depend on the government assistance for everything and vote for whatever politician will keep the money rolling in. So the politicians giving them the most are the same politicians keeping them on the government hamster wheel. The more people on the wheel the more votes they get to keep the wheel spinning.

The problem is at some point the people paying into the system won't be enough to fund the "welfare population". In fact we are pretty close to that point right now.
    3 users like JDShellnutt's post: jdmt37, Jenn and tonic, KCRuf/Nek

2 users like jdmt37's post: greensooner, SoonerArtillery

If people will hire, some people will work.
    FIFY

You'll get it all.
    OR

Have a kid.

Get declared an unfit parent.

Have a family member apply for guardianship.

Cash support check.

You want welfare reform? Get rid of it. That said, you sure better have some jobs available or anarchy will soon follow.

People that need help should be able to get it. But that help shouldn't be never-ending unless they absolutely cannot work and make a living.

Also, if that graph in the article is correct and a mom can bring home more money (with the addition of assistance) with an income of only $29,000 than she can with an income of $69,000 that is beyond stupid. That is what needs to get fixed.