bruthaman, defend this!!! oh and please read the article before you comment

Posted 688 day(s) ago by greensooner1820 Views 107 Replies
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I don't disagree with this. The house should work 8-5 like the rest of us at least six weeks in a row without a **** recess.

And when they do recess it should be for a 5 day trek home to get more direction from constiuents. Then back to the grind.

I am tired of 20+ year congresspeople and their precious careers. I want you burnt the **** out after two terms serving me, similar to how the president is after his term limits expire.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    To expand. I want them so exhausted and tired of Washington that they sell their apartments at a loss and won't return when Reagan's/Clinton's corpse gets re-inaugurated

Edit: for the libertarians, when Ron Paul's get inaugurated for the first time.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I think the President was pretty clear in his proposal. Just like he was with his jobs bill, etc.

Whether congress will act or not is the question, and I don't think Obama being in the room or on the beach would make a damn bit of difference in the outcome.
    I disagree...he should be sitting in the middle of the Senate and the House and raising hell...keeping them working till midnight...kicking them in the ass if they slow down a step...expecting results from both sides...

He has been explicit in his expectations...raise taxes now...give him control of the debt ceiling...forget about significant cuts until later...blame the pubs in public, which does nothing to move people to his side..in his public speeches he should be crucifying both sides...behind closed doors he can hammer one side or another as he sees fit...

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    I disagree...he should be sitting in the middle of the Senate and the House and raising hell...keeping them working till midnight...kicking them in the ass if they slow down a step...expecting results from both sides...

He has been explicit in his expectations...raise taxes now...give him control of the debt ceiling...forget about significant cuts until later...blame the pubs in public, which does nothing to move people to his side..in his public speeches he should be crucifying both sides...behind closed doors he can hammer one side or another as he sees fit...
    I may be off on this, but if the fiscal cliff happens, don't all spending decisions become the domain of the Executive?

If that is the case, why try so hard to get congress to agree...he will be able to do exactly what he sees fit if the other guys do not act.

Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Its black americans, aka Africans, Im worried about.
    What about my ass?

Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    What about my ass?
    He said you were paid in full.

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    But among the number of blacks actual Africans are a small percent. But brutha fancies himself an African even though he has never been there.

You call us Africa-american, meaning we arent american, so **** you, I am African.

Re: bruthaman, defend this!!! oh and please read the article before you comment

You call us Africa-american, meaning we arent american, so **** you, I am African.
    **** that, I call y'all black and you aren't african ya racist pos. Many would be happy if you moved to Africa though.

He said you were paid in full.
    Then why do i have to continue working?

Laughable. You're as American as the rest of us that post here. You're just more ignorant than most.

**** that, I call y'all black and you aren't african ya racist pos. Many would be happy if you moved to Africa though.

Newsflash ****, the white man cant tell us what we are.

Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    Then why do i have to continue working?
    I dont know, ask him.

Very few Africans in this country

There are actually alot of Africans in America. Most college campuses have many Intl students from Africa.

edit
    But among the number of blacks actual Africans are a small percent. But brutha fancies himself an African even though he has never been there.

% of Blacks that are African =/= very few Africans in this country.

I still say "Black."

And "Indian."

Newsflash ****, the white man cant tell us what we are.
    What African country are you from?

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I may be off on this, but if the fiscal cliff happens, don't all spending decisions become the domain of the Executive?

If that is the case, why try so hard to get congress to agree...he will be able to do exactly what he sees fit if the other guys do not act.
    If that's true and it doesn't make you lose sleep, I dunno.

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    This trip and the time off pales in comparison to the previous regime where the occupant spent 1/3 of his time in office on vacation.

Everyone deserves a break from the grind. And if you think Obama is turning off the BlackBerry and hitting the beach, you are crazy.

Not a fair comparison--for a few reasons. Most of Bush's time was spent at his ranch. That's different than a Hawaiian excursion cost wise, security wise, etc. Going home isn't exactly a crazy vacation. Additionally, and this is the big thing, is that it's a weak thing to do b/c of what it shows people. Bush was roundly criticized for his time in Crawford--but Obama is defended for his during markedly different economic times? He should cancel the inaugural ceremony too--not because it's a huge expense in the national budget, but because it sends a message and it's a cost saving measure. It's called leadership. He's asking everyone to make sacrifices and work on this stuff, yet he's doing none of it--that's the big problem with the trip.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Jake

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    There are actually alot of Africans in America. Most college campuses have many Intl students from Africa.

edit

% of Blacks that are African =/= very few Africans in this country.

I still say "Black."

And "Indian."
    Well since 1965 there have been 900,000 Africans immigrate to America (one being Charlize Theron) there are approx 311500000 citizens of this country so that percentage is what 0.002%? Now there are approx 40700000 blacks in the country, you do the math on that percentage.

Last edited by Fahooglegods; December 7th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

You must be ****ing amazed at all the lights after coming from a place with no lights!!!!

I have something great for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm-l...e_gdata_player

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    If that's true and it doesn't make you lose sleep, I dunno.
    Well, I can sleep during pretty much anything (except OU football)...so there's that.

I would worry, if the power would reside with the executive ad infinitum, but since I largely agree with the current President's premise regarding social and military spending, I won't sweat it too much.

I'm just being honest here, I personally would love a modern day CCC or something rather than our current military industrial spending. I like the president's jobs bill, and it would secure funding for all provisions of the healthcare bill.

That said, I fully expect the current GOP to cave, and my wishes will be curtailed, as they were with the public option, et al.
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

What African country are you from?

Star Spencer is my guess.

Not a fair comparison--for a few reasons. Most of Bush's time was spent at his ranch. That's different than a Hawaiian excursion cost wise, security wise, etc. Going home isn't exactly a crazy vacation. Additionally, and this is the big thing, is that it's a weak thing to do b/c of what it shows people. Bush was roundly criticized for his time in Crawford--but Obama is defended for his during markedly different economic times? He should cancel the inaugural ceremony too--not because it's a huge expense in the national budget, but because it sends a message and it's a cost saving measure. It's called leadership. He's asking everyone to make sacrifices and work on this stuff, yet he's doing none of it--that's the big problem with the trip.
    Texas is to Bush what Hawaii is to Obama. No?

And you're right it isnt a fair comparison because W spent about 30 of his 96 months in power in Texas. Obama hasn't.....yet.

And both vacations cost same amount of money, only that Bush's vacations were far too often. We are ofcourse not adding his "work" trips to his ranch especially during his infamous pre-9/11 August vacation where AP reported that, “Using the ranch as a base, he will promote White House initiatives in Rocky Mountain National Park, Denver, Albuquerque, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and San Antonio.”

What a joke of a president he was.

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    Texas is to Bush what Hawaii is to Obama. No?

And you're right it isnt a fair comparison because W spent about 30 months of his 96 months in power in Texas. Obama hasn't.....yet.
    No. Texas is to Bush what Illinois is to Obama.

No. Texas is to Bush what Illinois is to Obama.
    Oops some edits up there so pardon my repost:

And you're right it isnt a fair comparison because W spent about 30 of his 96 months in power in Texas. Obama hasn't.....yet.

And both vacations cost same amount of money, only that Bush's vacations were far too often. We are ofcourse not adding his "work" trips to his ranch especially during his infamous pre-9/11 August vacation where AP reported that, “Using the ranch as a base, he will promote White House initiatives in Rocky Mountain National Park, Denver, Albuquerque, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and San Antonio.”

What a joke of a president he was.

Last edited by URNotserious; December 8th, 2012 at 03:05 AM.

I hope you didnt mean W because that idiot spent about 32% of his total time or 977 days on vacations during his 2 terms. Let that sink in, 977 days of vacation. Not surprised that many were spent on their ranches.

W was the epitome of waste as in a President, air and oxygen in general. Obama and his family arent far behind.
    I was going to post this about W. BUT, Thats different, The repubs on this board voted for that IDIOT TWICE.. Find me a post by one of these repubs complaining about W going on vacation ? Their man lost Obama is the POTUS.. Get used to it Pubs. FOUR MORE YEARS!

Your man lost.. GET OVER IT ! FOUR MORE YEARS !

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    I was going to post this about W. BUT, Thats different, The repubs on this board voted for that IDIOT TWICE.. Find me a post by one of these repubs complaining about W going on vacation ? Their man lost Obama is the POTUS.. Get used to it Pubs. FOUR MORE YEARS!
    But thats the ****ing point. YOUR guy is NO different when it comes to frivolous spending and living it up like the 0.1% and yet has the audacity to berate them. Why cant you see this?
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Impossible. The board wasn't around then was it?

But thats the ****ing point. YOUR guy is NO different when it comes to frivolous spending and living it up like the 0.1% and yet has the audacity to berate them. Why cant you see this?
    All presidents live it up he should be no different. He is our president.. Obama has said he is in the 1 % and he should have to pay more.. If you don't agree that the 1 or 2 % should have to pay their fair share why ?

Impossible. The board wasn't around then was it?
    Hell I don't know. BUT, I do know I didn't hear republicans running bush down and they had to know he was horrible.. Why weren't you running him down ? I'll tell you why, Because he is a ****ing pub and thats all that mattered to you.

Obama family costs a lot per year

Obama family cost us $1.4 billion dollars last year, do you know what the royal family cost the British? $58 million
    The following users like this post: URNotserious

Hell I don't know.
    then why did you say it? makes really no sense huh

Read my edited post.

Hell I don't know. BUT, I do know I didn't hear republicans running bush down and they had to know he was horrible.. Why weren't you running him down ? I'll tell you why, Because he is a ****ing pub and thats all that mattered to you.
    I was. In fact, Bush's policies almost triggered me leaving the party and registering as an Independent. Instead, I decided to try to change the party from the inside. None of that really matters to you through. It's all about your blinders and maintaining the narrative you desire, regardless of any information that shows the error of your 'reasoning.'

All presidents live it up he should be no different. He is our president.. Obama has said he is in the 1 % and he should have to pay more.. If you don't agree that the 1 or 2 % should have to pay their fair share why ?
    You are all over the place here so let me break it down.

All presidents live it up he should be no different. He is our president
    But he is the president that keeps touting the message of generosity, sharing and social responsibility and yet his actions do not follow his words. He's a hypocrite.

Obama has said he is in the 1 % and he should have to pay more.. If you don't agree that the 1 or 2 % should have to pay their fair share why ?
    They will already be paying at 39%(and that is just Fed taxes) on their income which I think is fair and it seems you disagree with that number so explain fair share to me.

That's different than a Hawaiian excursion cost wise, security wise, etc. Going home isn't exactly a crazy vacation.
    Gotta call BS on this. Still have to pay for AF1 and Secret Service. Thats the bulk of the cost.

Well since 1965 there have been 900,000 Africans immigrate to America (one being Charlize Theron) there are approx 311500000 citizens of this country so that percentage is what 0.002%? Now there are approx 40700000 blacks in the country, you do the math on that percentage.

900,000 is not whay I would call "very few." I do not disagree with your math based on percentages, but that was not your original statement.

Gotta BS on this. Still have to pay for AF1 and Secret Service. Thats the bulk of the cost.
    I assume that going to Bush's house which is a controlled enviro that is always controlled would take less time, money and man power than going to an uncontrolled area would. It's similar to Camp David in that way.

It's a sad state of America when Obama is the best choice for the country

Obama is taking too much vacation in my opinion. He shouldnt need too much rest because kicking Romneys ass wasnt that hard.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    It's a sad state of America when people believe Obama is the best choice for the country
    Fixed.

I assume that going to Bush's house which is a controlled enviro that is always controlled would take less time, money and man power than going to an uncontrolled area would. It's similar to Camp David in that way.
    Cub, you're fighting a losing fight here. Obama is going to Hawaii once a year compared to Bush who spent about 4 months off a given year during his 2 terms in Texas. EVERY YEAR. And this does not even include his "working" trips out of Camp David and his house. He basically would use AF1 as his personal taxi to fly to DC(and other places) for a day and back so he could sleep in his own bed. I actually remember Fox news(as in Bill O and Hannity) defending it.

What Obama is doing is hypocritical in light of his comments on the 1%, what W did should've gotten him impeached.

Obama is taking too much vacation in my opinion. He shouldnt need too much rest because kicking Romneys ass wasnt that hard.
    Well he's also working hard convincing the 1% to live like the 10% so he can pay for 38% your people while living like 0.1%.

Well he's also working hard convincing the 1% to live like the 10% so he can pay for 38% your people while living like 0.1%.
    Hey man, hes the president. He gets his due.

honest answer please, can the president do no wrong in your eyes? is he without fault as the president of this country?

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    honest answer please, can the president do no wrong in your eyes? is he without fault as the president of this country?
    hahahah No chance of that. He's too blinded, and ignorant.

900,000 is not whay I would call "very few." I do not disagree with your math based on percentages, but that was not your original statement.
    ?

900,000 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 311000000, so yes it is very few. Now if the population of this country was 10 million I could see your argument, get some perspective. So again, .002% of the population is very few of a certain people.

Would you rather not see the $4 million being spent on TANF in South Central LA, south side Chicago or Oak Cliff in Dallas on people that according to you have been exploited by the ******s for 100s of years?

It seems you're OK with another half white man exploiting your own. And I say your own because African Americans are poorest of poor in this country so any money wasted by this government takes away from them before anyone else.

?

900,000 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 311000000, so yes it is very few. Now if the population of this country was 10 million I could see your argument, get some perspective. So again, .002% of the population is very few of a certain people.

10% of 311,000,000 = 31,100,000
    1% of 311,000,000 = 3,1100,000
    .1% of 311,000,000 = 311,000

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    Yes, if we go to war unjustly, I would not be happy. I hated it under Bush. Also, I want him to make sure that everyone has medical. I dont think anyone should go broke because they get sick or injured.

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    10% of 311,000,000 = 31,100,000
    1% of 311,000,000 = 3,1100,000
    .1% of 311,000,000 = 311,000
    Yeah you're right, good catch. .002 is the same as .2%, didn't mean to add the %, my bad. Still wouldn't consider .2% of anything a vast number, so the point remains the same.