NFL May Be Contemplating Major Rule Change That Could Alter the Game Dramatically

Posted 503 day(s) ago by kssooner2343 Views 62 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    vCash

Originally Posted by dtex View Post
    thank you for some reason.

the nfl has to find ways to make the game safer, otherwise it'll end up like boxing.
    They could make it a computer game with players at the controls!!! What a bunch of ****ing weanies!!!

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    any former college/pro players on here want to chime in?
    Are you shitting me????????? This is the internet where everyone is a former/current NFL star and has a schlong that hangs to his knee cap that has to be taped to his leg before he can go out in public.
    I'm sorry I don't have time to answer this question but another forum I post on needs my advice on Neurosurgery and lives depend on it.

vCash

Originally Posted by zevogolf View Post
    They could also outlaw tackling on kickoffs and go to flag football!!!!

Or they could just not kick the ball off like nobody did the first 45 years the game was played. The kickoff never occurred until the "scrum" for the ball with all 11 men sprinting for the ball at midfield was deemed "too dangerous". But now they are pussies when it is the same concept.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:30 AM.

vCash

Next, they will do away with tackling because of the risk of lifelong injury from broken bones. The final step will be to make all players walk. The reason for this will be less risk of tearing a hamstring, tendon, ligament, etc... Before long pads won't even be needed. We will officially be cheering for flag football.

vCash

Re: NFL May Be Contemplating Major Rule Change That Could Alter the Game Dramatically

Originally Posted by BayAreaSooner View Post
    Next, they will do away with tackling because of the risk of lifelong injury from broken bones. The final step will be to make all players walk. The reason for this will be less risk of tearing a hamstring, tendon, ligament, etc... Before long pads won't even be needed. We will officially be cheering for flag football.
    We've already done away with tackling. And with our 7 on 7 approach. Pads are not needed

vCash

Anyone yelling about "changing the way the game has been played for a century" obviously has no knowledge of the history of the sport. They've made major changes in the way the game was played for safety reasons in the past, and the game seems just fine. Check out the history of the flying wedge.
    4 users like KumquatOne's post: DHF, MsProudSooner, OUMallen, SoonerArchitect

vCash

I love it how fat lazy people on a message board feel that they have the right to claim that something is "pussification of the NFL" when they would shit in their pants if they had to line up to cover or field a kickoff.
    3 users like ResidentEvil's post: MsProudSooner, OUMallen, tennsooner

vCash

NFL May Be Contemplating Major Rule Change That Could Alter the Game Dramatically

Originally Posted by byrk75 View Post
    We've already done away with tackling. And with our 7 on 7 approach. Pads are not needed
    You're such a ****. I think I'd ANYone could ever cause the liberal moderating of this board to change, it would be you.

I always loved kickoff return team. You get your blocks and you are gone. Plus I got to tee off on people running at full speed when they were watching the return man.

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    I love it how fat lazy people on a message board feel that they have the right to claim that something is "pussification of the NFL" when they would shit in their pants if they had to line up to cover or field a kickoff.
    You win, Resident. More could be said, but you said the truth.
    The following users like this post: SoonerArchitect

vCash

The game will keep evolving but unfortunately I don't know what rules can be implemented that somehow will mean no more crippling injuries. It seems like there are a lot more college kids crippled in games than the pros. I can think of 3 off hand, the Syracuse lineman, the Tulane DB and Nick B(former Dolphin) son.

vCash

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    an NFL player was on the sports talk show out here and said he thought it would be decently popular among the players right now simply because most of the guys hate the kickoff due to high risk of injury...wasn't the answer i expected.
    Fine, cut the roster from 54 to 43.