Article: ND alum won't be cheering for Irish..

Posted 654 day(s) ago 2480 Views 26 Replies

Article: ND alum won't be cheering for Irish..

.. In championship game

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/sh...ld-notre-dame/

Interesting article. Glad that Stoops runs a clean program
    The following users like this post: Sooner94

Wow what an article. I'm glad she has the courage to write it because she will take some heat for it. Screw the Irish. Now I'm curious who the player is. Anyone know or can dig up some more info?

(Insert Catholic joke below)

But in all seriousness this is a terrible accusation and If true I hope all who are responsible are punished.
    The following users like this post: Biohazard

Re: Article: ND alum won't be cheering for Irish..

Originally Posted by MichaelJackson'sNose View Post
    .. In championship game

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/sh...ld-notre-dame/

Interesting article. Glad that Stoops runs a clean program
    Nobody runs a clean program
    2 users like byrk75's post: ChpThril, Fahooglegods

Quote:
    A county prosecutor said Thursday that he will not charge a University of Notre Dame football player Prince Shembo in an alleged sexual battery case, in part because the woman committed suicide, making her statements to campus police inadmissible in court. As the prosecutor announced his findings, the US Department of Education confirmed that it had begun making its own preliminary inquiries into the case of Elizabeth “Lizzy” Seeberg but had not yet launched a full-fledged investigation. Seeberg, a freshman at neighboring St. Mary’s College, killed herself nine days after reporting the alleged attack to police and eight days after receiving a text message from the phone of the player’s friend that cautioned her about “messing with” the storied football program. Notre Dame said in a written statement that it is working with the Department of Education on “an overall review of our policies that is unrelated to any specific investigation. ” St. Joseph County Prosecutor Michael Dvorak said his office spent a month reviewing the Seeberg case, and had met with Seeberg’s parents, before reaching a decision. The office looked at case law surrounding the admissibility of hearsay evidence before declining to press charges, he said. The prosecutor’s office also conducted a review of the evidence surrounding the text message sent to Seeberg.

#55 - Starter

I can hear the jokes in the Notre Dame locker room now --------
    Women are only good for 2 things:

**** and murder.

And I guess you could say the same thing about Notre Dame Football players.
    Tragic.

that brings the total up to 2 deaths, on kelly's watch! Deplorable!

Originally Posted by IloveYouBaby View Post
    Quote:
    A county prosecutor said Thursday that he will not charge a University of Notre Dame football player Prince Shembo in an alleged sexual battery case, in part because the woman committed suicide, making her statements to campus police inadmissible in court. As the prosecutor announced his findings, the US Department of Education confirmed that it had begun making its own preliminary inquiries into the case of Elizabeth “Lizzy” Seeberg but had not yet launched a full-fledged investigation. Seeberg, a freshman at neighboring St. Mary’s College, killed herself nine days after reporting the alleged attack to police and eight days after receiving a text message from the phone of the player’s friend that cautioned her about “messing with” the storied football program. Notre Dame said in a written statement that it is working with the Department of Education on “an overall review of our policies that is unrelated to any specific investigation. ” St. Joseph County Prosecutor Michael Dvorak said his office spent a month reviewing the Seeberg case, and had met with Seeberg’s parents, before reaching a decision. The office looked at case law surrounding the admissibility of hearsay evidence before declining to press charges, he said. The prosecutor’s office also conducted a review of the evidence surrounding the text message sent to Seeberg.

#55 - Starter
    I didn't read this (the bold quote) anywhere in the article, or at least specifically. What can you do, though? She killed herself, making her accusation hearsay. It sucks. But the author of the article makes it sound like the investigators were waiting for her to die before going forward.

Sounds like Frostee Rucker at USC all over again.

Notre Dame, with the help of St. Joseph County Prosecutor Michael Dvorak, is trying to make the tragic case of Elizabeth (Lizzy) Seeberg go away. Yet many wonder if Notre Dame is guilty of placing the interest of their football program above that of a victimized young woman.

Seeberg, a freshamn at St. Mary's college, reported a sexual battery to the Notre Dame Security Police Department on Sept. 1. Seeberg claimed the previous night she had been assaulted by a Notre Dame football player.

After lodging the complaint Seeberg received a threatening text message from a friend of the accused player. A few days later, Seeberg took her own life.

St. Joseph County Prosecutor Michael Dvorak is refusing to prosecute the two criminal allegations. Dvork claims the decision not to prosecute is because Seeberg's statements — as a consequence of her untimely death on September 10, 2010 — would be found inadmissible in a court of law.

Notre Dame football coach Brian Kelly stood by the university's handling of the situation. Upon hearing that his player would not be prosecuted, Kelly said:

"If you don't have integrity, what else do you have? I have a family to raise. I've got kids. I have a football family here. If there is no integrity in what you do, I would have been in a different business a long time ago.

"Integrity is probably for me the only thing that keeps me going in this business. Sometimes misinformation and not having the right facts drives you crazy. So you have to have something to hang your hat on. It's always for me been doing the right thing, and integrity."

"Integrity"? Where is the integrity when a young woman, feeling threatened and abused by the Notre Football machine, takes her own life?

Coach Kelly also said he believes Dvorak's decision provided "clarity." Yet there is no claity. There are only questions, and ugly suspicions.

Why did 15 days pass between the time Seeberg reported the allegation to Notre Dame Police and when police interviewed the player on Sept. 15? Why did the Notre Dame authorities wait so long before turning the complaint over to the proper legal authorities?

In the end, 19-year-old Lizzy Seeberg took her own life while the accused player faced Purdue and Michigan, playing football as if nothing happened.

Notre dame and its athletic department is failing to live up to the lofty standards it professes. There is no clarity, little if any integrity, and more than likely gross moral failure.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

Why are football players raping women...? Aren't they supposed to be BMOC? The alpha-male swimming in ****? Don't girls consent to sex before they even ask?

...sounds like some of the jersey chasers at OU need to consider a transfer.

A must read:

Re: Article: ND alum won't be cheering for Irish..

Okirishfan has nothing to say about this?

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Okirishfan has nothing to say about this?

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    Yeah he been over here crowin all season. Strangely silent today.

This story has been around here (northern Indiana) for a long time. Father Jenkins (NDU prez) has tried to make it go away. Kelly won't talk about it.

Originally Posted by OkieforOU View Post
    Yeah he been over here crowin all season. Strangely silent today.
    Today? This story has been out for quite some time. I don't have anything to say about it. I didn't read this article but read the one that SI had a few weeks ago, which is basically the same thing from what I gathered from the first few paragraphs.

I wouldn't condone any kind of attempt to cover up something that was legitiment. At the same time, I'm not going to argue about what the proper response would/should be, other than being truthful.

I'm not naive enough to believe ND is above questionable behavior in an effort to protect it's cash cow.

What I do find interesting is why this is coming out now, i.e. the articles? Where were they before ND was 12-0? Maybe they were out there, but I hadn't seen them.

Truly sad

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    What I do find interesting is why this is coming out now, i.e. the articles? Where were they before ND was 12-0? Maybe they were out there, but I hadn't seen them.
    NO IDEA

With ND winning again, the mainstream media is looking for stories to write about them. So the media is now spreading the info.
    Not our fault for not knowing about this before.

Hope Bama beats the shit out of them and Prince Shembo gets hurt.

****! I was sick enough of the SEC that I was gonna pull for the Irish. This makes me rethink that position dammit! Sometimes I hate CFB.

Today? This story has been out for quite some time. I don't have anything to say about it. I didn't read this article but read the one that SI had a few weeks ago, which is basically the same thing from what I gathered from the first few paragraphs.

I wouldn't condone any kind of attempt to cover up something that was legitiment. At the same time, I'm not going to argue about what the proper response would/should be, other than being truthful.

I'm not naive enough to believe ND is above questionable behavior in an effort to protect it's cash cow.

All you have to do is go back to the end of the Lou Holtz era and you will know they are not above it. Lou got fired!!! HA Ha

Notre Dame is the flagship Catholic University in America...ND Football is chump change for that school.

I hope Bama beats them all the way to hell.

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Notre Dame is the flagship Catholic University in America...ND Football is chump change for that school.
    Yeah. According to a Notre Dame professor, they have averaged $50 million in capital improvements annually over the past 20 years. That's $1 billion. Even so, they are very protective of football income.