Landry Jones Jason White puts Landry Jones on His Ballot, But Not Johnny Manz

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...ohnny-manziel/

Jason White once won the Heisman Trophy over Larry Fitzgerald and Eli Manning. He also split the vote the next year with his freshman running back Adrian Peterson. He should be thankful that he was surrounded by so many truly great players and came away with some hardware. In one of the most bizarre ballots out there, White completely left off Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, who is expected to be the favorite entering Saturday’s ceremony.
    Who did he put on instead? None other than Landry Jones.
    Landry Jones- 3989 yards (7.9 YPA), 29 TD, 10 INT, 13 “rushes” for -103 yards
    Johnny Manziel- 3419 yards (8.5 YPA) 24 TD, 9 INT, 184 rushes for 1181 yards, 19 TD
    Oklahoma quarterbacks have to stick together, I guess.

Related: http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...minal-charges/
    If you thought former Heisman winner Jason White filled out a horrible Heisman ballot – putting Landry Jones third, and not voting for Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel – Sports Illustrated’s Thayer Evans may have topped it:
    "I realize I don’t have Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel on my ballot. I don’t consider players with pending criminal charges, and Manziel still faces three counts relating to an early morning fight in June. Manziel has been spectacular, but when he wins the Heisman on Saturday night, he should give it away — to coach Kevin Sumlin and offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, for being the best at their positions this season, for implementing Texas A&M’s high-powered scheme and for standing by Manziel."
    What a laughable way to frame the argument – I’ll pin it on the summer arrest, then note that even if Manziel wins it, he doesn’t deserve it, and the A&M coaching staff does. What are the “pending criminal charges,” you ask? Here are the details from June:
    Texas A&M freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel was arrested and jailed early Friday after he was involved in a fight and police said he produced a fake ID.
    College Station police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton says Manziel, 19, was charged with disorderly conduct, failure to identity and possessing a false identification card, all misdemeanors. He was jailed overnight and released Friday afternoon, Seaton said.
    Seaton says an officer on bike patrol intervened to break up a fight between Hanziel and McKinney. McKinney told the officer that Brant, Manziel’s friend, called him a racial slur and he approached Brant. Seaton says Manziel then shoved McKinney and the two exchanged punches.
    When officers asked Manziel for an ID, he produced a phony Louisiana driver’s license that showed his birthday as Dec. 6, 1990.
    The following users like this post: Yatahaze

**** johnny
    2 users like 85sooners's post: chris9996, Irish_Sooner

Why is this news? He won't be the only one to leave him off the ballot.

78-0 now haha.
    7 users like TheLadiesMike's post: canyonero, fdubzou, OrionJc, Soonerfan84, SoonerMinister, soonerUthenMe, Stoops'Visor

Jason White puts Landry Jones on His Ballot, But Not Johnny Manz

Doesn't Carson Palmer have his Heisman ballot filled with USC players every year?
    2 users like oorah_okie's post: meandmybutt, Soonerfan84

Who the f cares who he votes for.
    2 users like Sooner209's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, Soonerlife

I want all Johnny Football, all the time. And then I want OU to crush those f@#kers in Jerry World.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

If TAMU was still in the Big 12 Johnny wouldn't even be in the discussion.

I don't think Johnny-the-over-hyped deserves it based on his body of work - or as I used to call, half season.
    It's not a popularity contest contrary to what eSPiN wants it to be. It's a reward for a full season of good work against quality opponents. J-t-o-h doesn't qualify.

Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    I got into a big argument with a couple of people last night about this exact thing. I completely agree.

You know its better for OU if he wins the Heisman. The game's on FOX, so ESPN could just bury it in pre-bowl coverage. But if the SEC's anointed one wins the most important individual trophy in sports, ESPN's gonna go full Tebow on the match-up. And OU's players are going to be sick of hearing how Johnny Football is virtually unstoppable, cause, my gawd, he beat Alabama.

Bring it on.
    2 users like palisooner's post: oorah_okie, SoonerArchitect

Jason can vote for ever the **** he wants. Thats his privledge. He doesnt have to explain it. Anyone who doesnt like it is SOL.
    The following users like this post: Colinreturn

Originally Posted by palisooner View Post
    You know its better for OU if he wins the Heisman. The game's on FOX, so ESPN could just bury it in pre-bowl coverage. But if the SEC's anointed one wins the most important individual trophy in sports, ESPN's gonna go full Tebow on the match-up. And OU's players are going to be sick of hearing how Johnny Football is virtually unstoppable, cause, my gawd, he beat Alabama.

Bring it on.
    I'm already sick of hearing about him and it's been less than a week.

Maybe Jason White knows better than anyone that if freshman Adrian Peterson doesn't get to win it, then no freshman does.

Been hard to beat Bama wouldn't it....that game may win him the prize

according to stiff arm trophy, JF is going to win it and it isn't even close.

I'd be shocked if Manziel doesn't win it.

Originally Posted by inoref View Post
    It's supposed to be based on the SEASON and not one game.`HE didn't beat bama, tamu did.

Besides your a ****ing whorn what do you know?
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

Originally Posted by ThatGuy65 View Post
    Maybe Jason White knows better than anyone that if freshman Adrian Peterson doesn't get to win it, then no freshman does.
    Boom

Ahh, someone is not listening to all the media hype and the media is hurt. Jason White got the trophy, deal with it SI.

That game is the only reason he's in NYC and the only reason he will probably him the thing. They lose to bama and he's nowhere near being invited.

That game is the only reason he's in NYC and the only reason he will probably him the thing. They lose to bama and he's nowhere near being invited.

It's supposed to be based on the SEASON and not one game.`HE didn't beat bama, tamu did.

besides...hahah

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    I think your totally right on that.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...hey-did-me.ece

Adrian Peterson, star running back for the Vikings and the only freshman to finish second in the voting, is hoping the jinx ends Saturday night.
    "Hopefully, they don't rob him like they did me," Peterson, who lost by 328 votes to junior Matt Leinart in 2004, said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I hope he wins."

This season it's based on ESPN hype. They downgraded Collin Klein when KSU loss to Baylor, like he alone gave up 52 point to Baylor. A&M win over Bama put the ESPN hype machine in overdrive.

Originally Posted by soonirvana View Post
    This season it's based on ESPN hype. They downgraded Collin Klein when KSU loss to Baylor, like he alone gave up 52 point to Baylor. A&M win over Bama put the ESPN hype machine in overdrive.
    To me the interesting thing will be how the past winners vote

I don't care as long as Billy is nowhere near the ceremony.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I don't care as long as Billy is nowhere near the ceremony.
    Why?

Why?
    Because then he can't make an ass of himself like he did when White won it. That's why.

Because then he can't make an ass of himself like he did when White won it. That's why.
    Oh please so the dude yelled Boomer? He is a Heisman winner and an OU great I think he has earned that right. If the others there with him don't mind, and he doesn't mind why would it bother anybody else?

I wish he'd been drunk so he'd have had an excuse. You won't see Crow doing a Woo Aggie chant or whatever they do or the leprechan running across the stage. He should have kept his ****ing mouth shut and let Jason have his moment. Yes, he did win the Heieman - like 25 years earlier. I haven't seen anyone except some OU fans that didn't think he made a fool of himself. What were the others there supposed to do - stand up and start beating him down? Sorry, but you, and anyone else that thinks he "earned it", are dead wrong.

/thread.

I wish he'd been drunk so he'd have had an excuse. You won't see Crow doing a Woo Aggie chant or whatever they do or the leprechan running across the stage. He should have kept his ****ing mouth shut and let Jason have his moment. Yes, he did win the Heieman - like 25 years earlier. I haven't seen anyone except some OU fans that didn't think he made a fool of himself. What were the others there supposed to do - stand up and start beating him down? Sorry, but you, and anyone else that thinks he "earned it", are dead wrong.

/thread.
    Yeah that's your opinion. I just don't see what the big deal people make about it. I've never heard Jason or Sam say anything about it and the main people I see pissing about it is OU fans. Like I said that's your opinion though, my opinion is he earned. Like I said earlier just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong makes it unpopular in your eyes, there is a huge difference

/thread

I remember Bradford looking pretty damn uncomfortable, when Billy was trying to steal his moment.

Originally Posted by ThatGuy65 View Post
    THIS!!!! Setting an NCAA record is bigger than setting an sec Record

This gonna have the horns pissy:

Kevin Durant:

“@KDTrey5: Johnny Football wins the Heisman as a freshman! Wow that's bigtime!!!”

Originally Posted by ATMsooner View Post
    This gonna have the horns pissy:

Kevin Durant:

“@KDTrey5: Johnny Football wins the Heisman as a freshman! Wow that's bigtime!!!”
    Redshirt freshman. Not early as impressive as a true freshman

Go Jason White. Your opinion is of great value. You got it right about Landry.

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    I remember Bradford looking pretty damn uncomfortable, when Billy was trying to steal his moment.
    He was nervous and who wouldn't be. I remember JW in a suit that he borrowed from Jamal Brown.
    The following users like this post: Burglekutt

Jason's list was very logical. I have no problem with that. Is not Collin Klein deserving of the Heisman? I think he is.