RFK says Fox News has divided the country in a way not seen since the Civil War!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2261043.html

does he bring up a good point or should this apply to all media outlets

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post

He is absolutely correct !

RFK says Fox News has divided the country in a way not seen since the Civil War!!!

Being that Fox is the only outlet that doesn't at least lean left and does question this administration, the case can be made that Fox does divide. If Fox was gone, all outlets would tell us the same things.

That being said, RFK is a hard left ideologue. His assertion that conservatives dominate media is laughable at best. Additionally, saying its the worst it's been since the Civil War is staggeringly ignorant of the last 150 years of history.
    3 users like oucub23's post: cosmoxl, fdubzou, LetsgoSooners82

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Being that Fox is the only outlet that doesn't at least lean left and does question this administration, the case can be made that Fox does divide. If Fox was gone, all outlets would tell us the same things.

That being said, RFK is a hard left ideologue. His assertion that conservatives dominate media is laughable at best. Additionally, saying its the worst it's been since the Civil War is staggeringly ignorant of the last 150 years of history.
    Our media IS predominantly conservative...

Think of it this way:
    We have zero guys pushing for a true Marxist agenda here, but there are plenty of guys pushing the tea party agenda. What I mean is our country's center is pretty far right when compared to the rest of the western world.
    2 users like SpankyNek's post: boomermagic, OUMallen

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post

Think of it this way:
    We have zero guys pushing for a true Marxist agenda here, but there are plenty of guys pushing the tea party agenda. What I mean is our country's center is pretty far right when compared to the rest of the western world.
    If your measure of left is Marxism, then yes. If my measure of right is anarchy, then no. Extremism isn't a measure of being centrist.

Fox may divide by using it's media influence but Obama, Pelosi, and Boehner divide by action...
    3 users like pphilfran's post: Aurora, cosmoxl, Tundra

If your measure of left is Marxism, then yes. If my measure of right is anarchy, then no. Extremism isn't a measure of being centrist.
    I used Marxism as an extreme I felt was analogous with the tea party...I stand by my assertion that these views are equidistant from center.

How many other western nations would view the current administration leftist?

Just because our media isn't Marxist doesn't mean that it's conservative leaning.

I used Marxism as an extreme I felt was analogous with the tea party...I stand by my assertion that these views are equidistant from center.

How many other western nations would view the current administration leftist?
    You have an extreme misunderstanding of what the Tea Party is. Simply because the world doesn't view this admin as left doesn't make it so. You're creating a false rubric that serves to support your assessment.

No, I am saying that current American thought is a false rubric comparative to traditional western thought. Our society and our media is not left, unless we compare it to the rightest of rubrics.

I understand what the Tea Party is, and I also understand that there are media voices that champion the right-est elements of it, calling for revolution and wishing for the economy to crash.

Where are the voices calling for the government to seize all resource and crush rebellion?

The US has tended to be more right then most other countries over an extended period of time...and for some strange reason we still managed to become the greatest economy on earth...

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    The US has tended to be more right then most other countries over an extended period of time...and for some strange reason we still managed to become the greatest economy on earth...
    I think it had a lot to do with resources and climate.

Lets just say I don't think we would have been an economic "wallflower" had GB retained control of them.

I understand what the Tea Party is, and I also understand that there are media voices that champion the right-est elements of it, calling for revolution and wishing for the economy to crash.

Where are the voices calling for the government to seize all resource and crush rebellion?
    We have a President elected on the idea of redistributive 'justice.' What media voices are calling for revolution or hoping for a crash?
    5 users like oucub23's post: Clark W. Griswold, cosmoxl, jdmt37, SoCaliSooner, Sooner5030

I think it had a lot to do with resources and climate.

Lets just say I don't think we would have been an economic "wallflower" had GB retained control of them.
    It stuns me that you are so blind to the positives of our economic and governmental structure over the last 250 years n

All I am saying is that the US has been very successful..some being resources...to discount the past political leanings would not do justice in regards how our economy grew...

As far as where we are today we should place equal blame on both the warmongering side and expenditures on the war machine and the liberal side and uncontrolled spending on their beliefs....

Both sides should pat themselves on the back for a job well done...

The following users like this post: cosmoxl

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:30 AM.

Think of it this way:
    Wut. As far as broadcast TV goes there's one outlet that even comes close to giving the conservative side of things and that's Fox. And at least 75% of the time they will have someone from the left on also. They have quite a bit of their on air talent that is liberal. Then you have ABC, CBS, the NBC cesspool family, CNN, NPR, PBS - who else? - that do nothing but promote, parrot, and shill for the left/administration. They turn a blind eye to any wrong doings and given the chance do nothing to hold the administration accountable or even think of a tough question. How is that mostly conservative? Don't include talk radio. Most of the people listening there already know what they think. And the internet will be the next target of the left.

Tapper is an exception at ABC.

Tapper is an exception at ABC.
    And I will give that one reporter from CBS credit during Benghazi. She was doing some digging - for a while. And Laura Logan also stepped up. Funny since her **** during the beloved Arab Spring was pretty much swept under the rug. And, from time to time, CNN was asking some tough questions. Almost as if they had to.
    Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; December 8th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

I don't see any difference between MSNBC and Fox News and CNN. They are all pretty unwatchable and just have talking heads that don't care to report news. Why would anyone watch any of that crap? Same thing with ABC, NBC, CBS etc.

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    I don't see any difference between MSNBC and Fox News and CNN. They are all pretty unwatchable and just have talking heads that don't care to report news. Why would anyone watch any of that crap? Same thing with ABC, NBC, CBS etc.
    Guess your TV gets different reception than most of ours.

Think of it this way:
    Smoking something?

Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Smoking something?
    He and Nick Zepp have been passing the sherm stick.

You have an extreme misunderstanding of what the Tea Party is. Simply because the world doesn't view this admin as left doesn't make it so. You're creating a false rubric that serves to support your assessment.
    What the **** is a rubric? Is it like a caveat or a canard?

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    It is a definitive guideline.

My only real experience with the word was some of my professors would pass one out to let students know how papers would be graded, eg: this rubric states that 10% of your research paper's final grade will be determined by length, 10% spelling, 30% mechanics, and 50% substance and proper use of argument.

After each of the percentages, sometimes there would be a breakdown of how many points were to be deducted in each area for different types of mistakes or failures.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

I lived in the world without the other side of the coin and it absolutely sucks...conservatives don't dominate anything except the working electorate...
    2 users like soonercoop1's post: KCRuf/Nek, SoCaliSooner

Thats how liberal progressives work...demonize and destroy those that don't believe what they believe because they could NEVER win with the facts...
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

It is a definitive guideline.

My only real experience with the word was some of my professors would pass one out to let students know how papers would be graded, eg: this rubric states that 10% of your research paper's final grade will be determined by length, 10% spelling, 30% mechanics, and 50% substance and proper use of argument.

After each of the percentages, sometimes there would be a breakdown of how many points were to be deducted in each area for different types of mistakes or failures.
    To heck with rubrics then.

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    I was always amazed at the blind dude that could do one in like seconds. It always took me like a ****ing hour.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I was always amazed at the blind dude that could do one in like seconds. It always took me like a ****ing hour.
    I know only one way to do it and it takes me ~10 minutes but I had to memorize the algorithms and I got a lot better at it after some time but that's no joke, people who can just rip through and solve that thing in seconds is impressive

I know. But a blind guy? And I think a monkey did it too.

I know. But a blind guy? And I think a monkey did it too.
    even more impressive, does his cube have dots on it or how does he recognize what moves need to be made

even more impressive, does his cube have dots on it or how does he recognize what moves need to be made
    Dunno. Just remembered the video.

Right, No one I know is calling for such..

Wut. As far as broadcast TV goes there's one outlet that even comes close to giving the conservative side of things and that's Fox. And at least 75% of the time they will have someone from the left on also. They have quite a bit of their on air talent that is liberal. Then you have ABC, CBS, the NBC cesspool family, CNN, NPR, PBS - who else? - that do nothing but promote, parrot, and shill for the left/administration. They turn a blind eye to any wrong doings and given the chance do nothing to hold the administration accountable or even think of a tough question. How is that mostly conservative? Don't include talk radio. Most of the people listening there already know what they think. And the internet will be the next target of the left.
    I watch fox ONLY if I need a good laugh.

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    I watch fox ONLY if I need a good laugh.
    Sort of like why we all read your posts.
    6 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Col.JimBeam, jdmt37, Sooner Showtime, Sooner5030, ThievingMagpie, Tundra

Why do we care what the Kennedys think anymore? The only ones worth a shit died 50 years ago.
    6 users like fdubzou's post: Aurora, jdmt37, KCRuf/Nek, oucub23, Sancho, Sooner5030