Manny Pacquiao just got knocked the **** out

Posted 630 day(s) ago 3401 Views 63 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Holy cow.

Knocked stone ****ing cold. Was face down on the canvas for a good minute.

LMAO!

That was a crazy fight.

Manny had him dead and was close to knocking Marquez out, reached too far one time and got litttttt up. Crazy fight. Marquez was bleeding from the nose and was getting pummeled hard by Manny.

I just don't think Pacquiao's heart is in it anymore. I think we may see him back for one or two more paydays, but his days as an elite fighter are finished. He's not hungry anymore.
    The following users like this post: Meni

Manny was just being a little too aggressive right at the bell and paid the price. He can kiss any hopes of a huge payday with Floyd since he's lost his last 2 fights (even though he really won of them).

Fitting since Marquez kept getting robbed in their other fights.

By the way...if you don't think Marquez is juicing, you're a damn fool. This is the boxing equivalent of Barry Bonds hitting 73 homers.

Marquez did get a lot bigger for this fight.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    I just don't think Pacquiao's heart is in it anymore. I think we may see him back for one or two more paydays, but his days as an elite fighter are finished. He's not hungry anymore.
    I took just the opposite view of Pacquiao in this fight outside of one punch. He was bewildering Marquez and was on the verge of knocking him out. He looked like the old Manny. I don't think passion can be taken away due to one punch. He landed at least triple the punches.

Disclaimer: a loss is a loss

At age 39 he suddenly looks like a pro wrestler. Yeah, that's natural.

That being said, give me Marquez-Brandon Rios next. I'll watch.

And of course, Jim Lampley is now about to cry on air. lol

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    I took just the opposite view of Pacquiao in this fight outside of one punch. He was bewildering Marquez and was on the verge of knocking him out. He looked like the old Manny. I don't think passion can be taken away due to one punch.

Disclaimer: a loss is a loss
    I agree with this. Manny looked good until that punch ended it. He even said it in the post fight interview that he got over confident and paid the price.

That's the thing I like about Pacman, he takes his defeats without whining or making excuses.

I am stunned. Most shocking one punch knockout in a big money PPV fight in years. Man.
    2 users like mgsooner's post: Clark W. Griswold, sooner68

I am stunned. Most shocking one punch knockout in a big money PPV fight in years. Man.
    Agreed. I actually missed it live I turned away to look at phone for 2 seconds. Crazy

And this is why it kills me to be a boxing fan. Had they made Mayweather-Pacquiao right after Pac knocked out Hatton, it would've been one of the biggest fights of all time. Now, down the ****ing drain forever.

And this is why it kills me to be a boxing fan. Had they made Mayweather-Pacquiao right after Pac knocked out Hatton, it would've been one of the biggest fights of all time. Now, down the ****ing drain forever.
    The only chance it happens now is Manny has to knock Marquez out in Pacquiao-Marquez 5. Just don't know if even that is going to happen (the fight, to begin with)

Damn that was a nasty right hand. Leaning right into it.
    Last edited by mgsooner; December 9th, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

I don't think the ref even went into his count.

Viva Mexico!.....Juan Manuel Marquez!!!!! El Mejor!!!! hahaha donde quedo manny eh?! I'm sure that's what they're saying in Oak Cliff.

Knocked him out right in front of the judges..as if to say "here...is that good enough?"
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Here's the Sergio Martinez KO that Lampley references in the video above. Very similar, although left handed.

Mods should probably VIP this--the link of the fight will cause HBO to flip.

Pacquiao's still a legend.
    2 users like jdmt37's post: sooner68, Tundra

2 users like lycao's post: mgsooner, RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Mods should probably VIP this--the link of the fight will cause HBO to flip.
    They can, and will, take it up with youtube.

ESPN already has the highlights up. Virtually the same thing as is shown in the clip above.

Dynastys take a set back every now and then like the Cowboys now and Sooners in 90s. They bounce back.

Originally Posted by tfoolry View Post
    Dynastys take a set back every now and then like the Cowboys now and Sooners in 90s. They bounce back.
    You sure the cowboys will ever bounce back?
    The following users like this post: Sieve

Re: Manny Pacquiao just got knocked the **** out

Kinda reminds me how Ali knocked out Liston in the famous rematch.

Went right into the counter punch and got ko'd

Damn that was a nasty right hand. Leaning right into it.

Video gone. Why the hell 12 hours after the event is over can you not show the footage??

The KO by Marquez in the 3rd round was even more deadly... I'll try to find a vid

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    Video gone. Why the hell 12 hours after the event is over can you not show the footage??
    Just one of the many things wrong with boxing.

I think Manny bounced when he landed. Does that count?

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    They can, and will, take it up with youtube.
    I didn't look closely enough at it. I thought he'd done it himself.

Bye Felecia!!
    The following users like this post: BillyOcean

Originally Posted by party1234 View Post
    You sure the cowboys will ever bounce back?
    Jerry won't run the team forever.

ESPN has the video of the KO as well as the first knockdown. That was pretty sick.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8728500

(If you can insert the clip into the thread, go for it)

Jerry won't run the team forever.
    Let's hope.

I don't see what the fuss is all about. He just wanted to take a nap.

Have to admit, HBO showing Pacquiao's wife in hysterics at ring side while he's asleep on the canvas was difficult to watch. Just reminds you that these guys aren't playing Tiddly Winks in there. It's a serious business.

Have to admit, HBO showing Pacquiao's wife in hysterics at ring side while he's asleep on the canvas was difficult to watch. Just reminds you that these guys aren't playing Tiddly Winks in there. It's a serious business.
    True. But I still prefer boxing over MMA... those dudes are nuts.

By the way, here's Juan Manuel Marquez at age 36:

And here he is at age 39:

By the way, here's Juan Manuel Marquez at age 36:

And here he is at age 39:

lol yea nothing fishy there good grief ... His cranium even looks bigger

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    lol yea nothing fishy there good grief ... His cranium even looks bigger
    Why would he be juicing now and not then? Looks to me like he is cut up just like Pacquiao for a weigh-in.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Why would he be juicing now and not then? Looks to me like he is cut up just like Pacquiao for a weigh-in.
    Going by the vast majority of professional athletes(especially those playing "reaction-centric" sports like Boxing or MLB) the ages from 36-40 is when you usually see a decline to the point of not even being able to compete at the same level. Marquez putting his body through a dozen or so cycles of PED use could very well earn him an additional $10M+($3M for this fight last Sat. and $10M+ for the possible rematch) and without the edge of PED use he very well may not even last a round at 39 vs a fighter of Pac-Man's caliber so the incentive for him to negate the natural decline that comes with aging from 36-39 by using PEDs is possibly in the 8 figures

Obviously this is all speculation and I am somewhat cynical when it comes to this issue but like the case with Cushing and Matthews Jr. the evidence(before and after pictures) is somewhat overwhelming IMO

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    Going by the vast majority of professional athletes(especially those playing "reaction-centric" sports like Boxing or MLB) the ages from 36-40 is when you usually see a decline to the point of not even being able to compete at the same level. Marquez putting his body through a dozen or so cycles of PED use could very well earn him an additional $10M+($3M for this fight last Sat. and $10M+ for the possible rematch) and without the edge of PED use he very well may not even last a round at 39 vs a fighter of Pac-Man's caliber so the incentive for him to negate the natural decline that comes with aging from 36-39 by using PEDs is possibly in the 8 figures

Obviously this is all speculation and I am somewhat cynical when it comes to this issue but like the case with Cushing and Matthews Jr. the evidence(before and after pictures) is somewhat overwhelming IMO
    So you're saying when he turned 36 he started, I got ya.
    And there's a picture where he isn't flexing and he's in the ring and might be fighting some cupcake or whatever from a few years ago... then there's a picture of the guy weighing in at as close to 0% body fat as ever, and that picture is evidence? Whatever. I'm not saying he is or isn't, and I really don't care. Show me a weigh-in picture from a fight of this calibur where a guy doesn't look ripped out of his mind.

The picture I posted above at age 36 is from his fight against Mayweather, not some Palooka. True, the pics from age 39 are from the weigh in and not fight night, so he had yet to rehydrate. Still, that's a pretty significant difference in physique over just a 3 year period at a very advanced age.

By the way, the point is not to specifically call Marquez out as a cheater. Honestly I think boxing (and also MMA) have a SERIOUS problem with PEDs right now. I think more are doing it than aren't. I think the culture right now is similar to what it was in baseball in the 90s. For the vast majority of fights (including Pacquiao-Marquez), the testing process is a total joke. Pacquiao & Marquez were tested on fight night and that's it. That is simply comical. Unfortunately that's how it is for the vast majority of fights both in boxing and the UFC. Until they come up with a better testing regimen, suspicion is going to reign.
    The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner