Manny Pacquiao just got knocked the **** out

Posted 597 day(s) ago by mgsooner3334 Views 63 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    vCash

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    So you're saying when he turned 36 he started, I got ya.
    And there's a picture where he isn't flexing and he's in the ring and might be fighting some cupcake or whatever from a few years ago... then there's a picture of the guy weighing in at as close to 0% body fat as ever, and that picture is evidence? Whatever. I'm not saying he is or isn't, and I really don't care. Show me a weigh-in picture from a fight of this calibur where a guy doesn't look ripped out of his mind.
    Well you make a good point about hydration level and that making a sizable difference in definition.

Here is Marquez at the weigh-in for the Mayweather fight from the pic below and he certainly looks a lot closer to where he was at in the Pac-Man weigh-in however I still really think he was "scrawnier" for the Mayweather fight when he was 3 years younger(36) as opposed to the Pac-Man fight when he is nearly 40.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Anyways it isn't as dramatic a difference as some I have seen(Cushing and Matthews Jr. for instance) but I am still going with him looking a lot more "stout" at 40 as opposed to 36.

(If there was a difference in fighting weight for the fights this might also lend credence to him not looking as "guilty" in the before/younger and after/40yo pictures but I am not sure if they were fought at different weight limits or not as I do not follow Boxing as much since I started watching MMA a number of years ago)

vCash

By the way, the point is not to specifically call Marquez out as a cheater. Honestly I think boxing (and also MMA) have a SERIOUS problem with PEDs right now. I think more are doing it than aren't. I think the culture right now is similar to what it was in baseball in the 90s. For the vast majority of fights (including Pacquiao-Marquez), the testing process is a total joke. Pacquiao & Marquez were tested on fight night and that's it. That is simply comical. Unfortunately that's how it is for the vast majority of fights both in boxing and the UFC. Until they come up with a better testing regimen, suspicion is going to reign.
    Exactly. Dana White and his fellow MMA promoters, etc. are happily turning a blind eye as they get stinking rich growing their sport in the case of MMA/UFC and other promoters in Boxing like Arum for example want nothing to do with catching/punishing cheaters as they are attempting to get Boxing off of it's perceived deathbed(not saying I think it will die but that has been the "perception" of some for awhile now fwiw)

Just like MLB wasn't interested in punishing the obvious cheaters during the Sosa vs McGwire days as MLB was enjoying it's recovery from the damaging strike it had in years previous and all involved were making too much $ to do anything to risk ruining all of the cash they were happily raking in with their head happily in the sand. Same with MMA/Boxing IMO.

vCash

Thanks for posting those pics above. I am going to have to admit that there's not a "significant" (term I used) difference between those two photos. I think you see some definite differences, particularly with the lats & shoulders, but it's not drastic. I also think he just looks overall more "ripped" at 39 than he was at 36. Logic tells you that shouldn't happen, but perhaps Marquez just has a superhuman drive & work ethic.

Until boxing/MMA starts having random Olympic style testing for fights and the state athletic commissions (not the promotional entities) fund & organize the testing, the testing process will continue to be a joke. Right now if there is any "extra" testing done outside of the comically weak testing that is done by most state athletic commissions, the testing is funded by the promotional entities. Ask yourself what motivation the promotional entities really have to catch a fighter cheating. There are no easy answers here, however. There are a shit load of fights going on throughout the country on a year-round basis and the state athletic commissions are generally operated on a shoestring budget. And there's not much political motivation to provide them with more funding that would allow them to seek out and fund more extensive testing. You also start to run into issues such as what happens if a fighter is caught cheating a week prior to a huge money fight and it deep sixes the entire event? That creates a huge loss of potential revenue for the state the fight is in. So, just like the promotional entities, just how motivated are the individual state governments to pursue stricter testing in their respective states?

From 84.
    The following users like this post: BillyOcean

By the way, the point is not to specifically call Marquez out as a cheater. Honestly I think boxing (and also MMA) have a SERIOUS problem with PEDs right now. I think more are doing it than aren't. I think the culture right now is similar to what it was in baseball in the 90s. For the vast majority of fights (including Pacquiao-Marquez), the testing process is a total joke. Pacquiao & Marquez were tested on fight night and that's it. That is simply comical. Unfortunately that's how it is for the vast majority of fights both in boxing and the UFC. Until they come up with a better testing regimen, suspicion is going to reign.
    I agree with everything you're saying here. And if that's the case, why would he not do that before age 36? I just don't see the pictures above showing much difference between the Mayweather fight and the weigh-in at the Pacquiao fight, other than the fact that he's cut up and flexing. I'm sure he looks like that in the weigh-in picture from the Mayweather fight, too. In fact, here's a picture.

I'm sure all these guys are juicing, and he looks about the same 3 years ago as he did the other day.

edit: Sorry, just saw Irish's post.

The following users like this post: The

vCash

^^ lol wow

vCash

Pacqui-ow

vCash

vCash

The following users like this post: BillyOcean

vCash

Will it happen tonight, though? I don't think it will, and I HOPE it doesn't. I'm 90% sure Bam-Bam Rios is retarded.

Originally Posted by heff View Post
    Anybody have video of the KO?
    Yeah I'd like to see it too!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

vCash

And Pacquiao wins unanimously against Rios

vCash

Originally Posted by SneakerHead View Post
    Will it happen tonight, though? I don't think it will, and I HOPE it doesn't. I'm 90% sure Bam-Bam Rios is retarded.
    You consistently find pleasing avatars bravo sir!
    The following users like this post: SneakerHead