Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

Posted 594 day(s) ago 1531 Views 61 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 62
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Strange, he gave the Lord all that time, prayers, and his career took a dump
    he did better cheating on his wife and partying.
    hail Satan

  2. #2
    6 users like oucub23's post: Coach, fdubzou, Irish_Sooner, jdmt37, LetsgoSooners82, McRib


  3. #3
    andymancan20's Avatar
    Posts
    2,907
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Ohio

    You're the equivalent of most fundamentalists I know in how obsessed with other people live and think...we get it you dont think there's a god move along or to beat off to Dawkins
    2 users like andymancan20's post: brokebacksooner, oucub23


  4. #4
    Maybe god dont want him to be a boxer and reminded him of that through a marquez right hand.

  5. #5
    freeeewilly66's Avatar
    Posts
    2,611
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKC

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    You're the equivalent of most fundamentalists I know in how obsessed with other people live and think...we get it you dont think there's a god move along or to beat off to Dawkins
    Seriously. Atheists are equally if not more obnoxious than fundamentalist christians. This coming from someone who's not very religious.

  6. #6
    freeeewilly66's Avatar
    Posts
    2,611
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKC

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    You're the equivalent of most fundamentalists I know in how obsessed with other people live and think...we get it you dont think there's a god move along or to beat off to Dawkins
    Seriously. Atheists are equally if not more obnoxious than fundamentalist christians. This coming from someone who's not very religious.

  7. #7

    Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Getting old sucks.

  8. #8

    Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Getting old sucks.
    Easy now.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  9. #9
    ousooners9192's Avatar
    Posts
    482
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    T Town

    Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    Seriously. Atheists are equally if not more obnoxious than fundamentalist christians. This coming from someone who's not very religious.
    wow, way to generalize to enormous factions of people. so ****ing ignorant

  10. #10

    Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Originally Posted by ousooners9192 View Post
    wow, way to generalize to enormous factions of people. so ****ing ignorant
    Welcome to the Thunderdome.
    3 users like OnlyOneOklahoma's post: McRib, Meni, OUMallen


  11. #11
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    27,797
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    Im not super religious but the thread is dumb, same with the Broyles injury thread. militant atheists and fundamentalist Christians are equal on the annoying as piss scale

    Pac lost the fight because he got beat. ****ing look at me posts
    4 users like usaosooner's post: DHF, jdmt37, oucub23, pphilfran


  12. #12
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    4,270
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post

    Pac lost the fight because he got beat.
    Must have been God's will then.
    The following users like this post: Meni


  13. #13
    freeeewilly66's Avatar
    Posts
    2,611
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKC

    Originally Posted by ousooners9192 View Post
    wow, way to generalize to enormous factions of people. so ****ing ignorant
    Everyone has a right to believe whatever the hell they wanna believe. God, Muhammad, Flying Spaghetti monster, no God at all. As long as you're not a dick to people about it, then that's fine.

    Evangelicals are annoying because they spend so much time telling us that we're going to hell. Atheists are annoying too because they start arguments with Christians and, on this board, they will shit on other threads that have nothing to do with religion. Not ALL atheists are that way. Just a lot of them.

  14. #14
    Generally speaking, I've never seen such a sensitive, butt-hurt bunch as atheists.

  15. #15

    Re: Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    Generally speaking, I've never seen such a sensitive, butt-hurt bunch as atheists.
    I wouldn't call atheists sensitive. I would say that many lack restraint when it comes to mocking religion and the people who believe God caused everything.

    It is not difficult to see why either if you step back and look at it. We are buried in Christian crap in this country. Where god is responsible for all things good but none of the bad. A cynic will point that out time and time again.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The following users like this post: Meni


  16. #16

    Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I wouldn't call atheists sensitive. I would say that many lack restraint when it comes to mocking religion and the people who believe God caused everything.

    It is not difficult to see why either if you step back and look at it. We are buried in Christian crap in this country. Where god is responsible for all things good but none of the bad. A cynic will point that out time and time again.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    It seems pretty sensitive to me to seek out things to be offended by.

  17. #17
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    4,270
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    It seems pretty sensitive to me to seek out things to be offended by.
    blasphemy!!
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  18. #18
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,112
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    There are two opponents that are still unbeaten. Gravity and Father Time.

  19. #19
    andymancan20's Avatar
    Posts
    2,907
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Ohio

    this also screams of ignorance of open/process theology...the OP must believe that all Christians believe in a predetermined future and God is merely pulling strings...maybe instead of posting idiotic threads he/she could begin reading more

  20. #20
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,260
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    this also screams of ignorance of open/process theology...the OP must believe that all Christians believe in a predetermined future and God is merely pulling strings...maybe instead of posting idiotic threads he/she could begin reading more
    The OP is a HUGE piece of shit... you give him WAY too much credit to think there is any thought process going on there at all.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I wouldn't call atheists sensitive. I would say that many lack restraint when it comes to mocking religion and the people who believe God caused everything.

    It is not difficult to see why either if you step back and look at it. We are buried in Christian crap in this country. Where god is responsible for all things good but none of the bad. A cynic will point that out time and time again.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I may have used "sensitive" the wrong way... not that they're touchy-feely types and concerned for others' feelings. I meant it as they take everything -- and I do mean everything -- that comes down the turnpike as a direct assault on their non-religous beliefs. Thus, they're always looking to point out hypocrisy in religious folks.

    The funny part about that is, if they knew the Bible, then they'd know that Christians (can't speak for other religions on this one) fully admit to being flawed because we are human beings.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I wouldn't call atheists sensitive. I would say that many lack restraint when it comes to mocking religion and the people who believe God caused everything.

    It is not difficult to see why either if you step back and look at it. We are buried in Christian crap in this country. Where god is responsible for all things good but none of the bad. A cynic will point that out time and time again.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    how's it going over at the cult?

  23. #23
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Im not super religious but the thread is dumb, same with the Broyles injury thread. militant atheists and fundamentalist Christians are equal on the annoying as piss scale

    Pac lost the fight because he got beat. ****ing look at me posts
    but praying means victory, every winner credits God

  24. #24
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I wouldn't call atheists sensitive. I would say that many lack restraint when it comes to mocking religion and the people who believe God caused everything.

    It is not difficult to see why either if you step back and look at it. We are buried in Christian crap in this country. Where god is responsible for all things good but none of the bad. A cynic will point that out time and time again.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Right on, people wake up and thank God, people pray to God for a game, but when a hurricane kills, its not God's fault, when you tear both ACL's its not God's fault
    When baby's are born handicapped, isn't it God's fault? the earth is 4.5 million years old, when did Adam & Eve start? i'm a product of monkey's, monkey's who hunt meat, share it with females, and the female will later have sex with that monkey
    we are monkey's

  25. #25
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    how's it going over at the cult?
    CULT? you mean Christianity?
    here's CULT the song
    Last edited by usaosooner; December 10th, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: removed the lyrics. verbage for adsense

  26. #26
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    There are two opponents that are still unbeaten. Gravity and Father Time.
    Nature has a pretty good record too.

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    Generally speaking, I've never seen such a sensitive, butt-hurt bunch as atheists.

    Should have been here right after the election.

  28. #28
    Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    Nature has a pretty good record too.
    Central heat and air are pretty good at controlling nature.
    The following users like this post: soonerbornsoonerbret


  29. #29
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Manny Pacquiao’s Mom Thinks He Lost Because He’s No Longer A Catholic

    Manny Pacquiao got knocked out on a devastating punch by Juan Manuel Márquez in the sixth round. Like many people, Filipinos were in utter shock to see their idol faceplant in the ring. Pacquiao's mom, however, provided a rational, well thought-out reason as to why her son lost his welterweight bout.

    From Ted Laguatan of Inquirer Global Nation:

    Some, like his mother Mommy Dionisia, blamed his loss to his change of religion.

    In an interview in General Santos, Pacquiao's hometown, Mommy D said, "That's what he gets for changing his religion….Since the ‘Protestant' pastors came into his life, he has not focus on his boxing."

    She does not approve of Pacquiao leaving the Catholic Church. She wants him to quit and become a Catholic again.

    Pastors. Not his physical health, age, training or anything like that. Pastors really did Pacquiao in.
    http://deadspin.com/5967285?utm_camp...ium=socialflow

  30. #30
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Im not super religious but the thread is dumb, same with the Broyles injury thread. militant atheists and fundamentalist Christians are equal on the annoying as piss scale

    Pac lost the fight because he got beat. ****ing look at me posts
    Not super religious? So do you believe in Heaven? will we be able to login from Heaven?

    oh and he didn't lose because he got beat, his Mommy blames him leaving the Catholic Church for Protestant pastures.
    see the LUNACY with Relgiion?

  31. #31
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    I may have used "sensitive" the wrong way... not that they're touchy-feely types and concerned for others' feelings. I meant it as they take everything -- and I do mean everything -- that comes down the turnpike as a direct assault on their non-religous beliefs. Thus, they're always looking to point out hypocrisy in religious folks.

    The funny part about that is, if they knew the Bible, then they'd know that Christians (can't speak for other religions on this one) fully admit to being flawed because we are human beings.
    You mentioned the Bible, so you pick and choose shit out of that book? can't we own slaves from neighboring countries? kill relatives like in the Bible?

  32. #32
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    I may have used "sensitive" the wrong way... not that they're touchy-feely types and concerned for others' feelings. I meant it as they take everything -- and I do mean everything -- that comes down the turnpike as a direct assault on their non-religous beliefs. Thus, they're always looking to point out hypocrisy in religious folks.

    The funny part about that is, if they knew the Bible, then they'd know that Christians (can't speak for other religions on this one) fully admit to being flawed because we are human beings.
    You mentioned the Bible, so you pick and choose shit out of that book? can't we own slaves from neighboring countries? kill relatives like in the Bible?

  33. #33
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    You're the equivalent of most fundamentalists I know in how obsessed with other people live and think...we get it you dont think there's a god move along or to beat off to Dawkins
    More fun proving religion is a joke

  34. #34
    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    More fun proving religion is a joke
    You actually haven't proven anything in this thread. You've offered 0 evidence, cited 0 research you've done, given no data to support your assertions. See, it goes more like this:

    My premise that I'm going to prove in this post is that you're a desperate, attention seeking, sad little person. My evidence and data are your posts above. The research is readily available to be seen in this thread.

  35. #35
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,260
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    More fun proving religion is a joke
    Don't you have a domain to be cybersquatting on somewhere? Oh, and learn how to multiquote you moron. For a cybersquatter you sure do suck at the internet.

  36. #36
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Central heat and air are pretty good at controlling nature.
    We can control her, but we'll never tame her... and she can win whenever she wants!
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  37. #37
    andymancan20's Avatar
    Posts
    2,907
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Ohio

    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Right on, people wake up and thank God, people pray to God for a game, but when a hurricane kills, its not God's fault, when you tear both ACL's its not God's fault
    When baby's are born handicapped, isn't it God's fault? the earth is 4.5 million years old, when did Adam & Eve start? i'm a product of monkey's, monkey's who hunt meat, share it with females, and the female will later have sex with that monkey
    we are monkey's
    God doesn't cause hurricanes, he doesn't cause infants to be born with illness or perfectly healthy, and what are you talking about creation for? It's poetry from over two thousand years ago by people in a desert...yes people blame God for the weather but those we the people who generally think Adam and Eve were real....all of your mockery is at ignorant Christians but you've yet to bring up an issue that someone with some serious thought to their faith can't discuss..so feel free to pick on the dumb and have a circle jerk with your buddies but when you begin to look at all your problems with Christianity you will find people,have answered them and moved on

  38. #38
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You actually haven't proven anything in this thread. You've offered 0 evidence, cited 0 research you've done, given no data to support your assertions. See, it goes more like this:

    My premise that I'm going to prove in this post is that you're a desperate, attention seeking, sad little person. My evidence and data are your posts above. The research is readily available to be seen in this thread.
    Sad? i'm the happiest motherfucker on the planet. Who are you trying to outsmart? I've proven praying does SHIT, now go pray for cotton bowl victory

  39. #39
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    God doesn't cause hurricanes, he doesn't cause infants to be born with illness or perfectly healthy, and what are you talking about creation for? It's poetry from over two thousand years ago by people in a desert...yes people blame God for the weather but those we the people who generally think Adam and Eve were real....all of your mockery is at ignorant Christians but you've yet to bring up an issue that someone with some serious thought to their faith can't discuss..so feel free to pick on the dumb and have a circle jerk with your buddies but when you begin to look at all your problems with Christianity you will find people,have answered them and moved on
    you think Adam and Eve are real? your joking right? so bam, Adam, then his rib makes Eve, there's an apple? mythology
    My Greek Mythology predates Christianity, why aren't you praying to Zeus?

  40. #40
    Meni's Avatar
    Posts
    3,166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Manchester, NH

    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Don't you have a domain to be cybersquatting on somewhere? Oh, and learn how to multiquote you moron. For a cybersquatter you sure do suck at the internet.
    I'll post what I want, why are you reading it?
    I got you to post, this site needs posts, for views, so he can make 10 cents on adsense

  41. #41
    pphilfran's Avatar
    Posts
    11,172
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1000

    One thing I do know is that you are a dick....
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner


  42. #42
    What exactly is the point of this thread?

  43. #43
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,260
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Re: Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    I'll post what I want, why are you reading it?
    I got you to post, this site needs posts, for views, so he can make 10 cents on adsense
    No, you just suck at the internet... which is sad since you say it's your job.

  44. #44
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,594
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    3357
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Not super religious? So do you believe in Heaven? will we be able to login from Heaven?

    oh and he didn't lose because he got beat, his Mommy blames him leaving the Catholic Church for Protestant pastures.
    see the LUNACY with Relgiion?
    If there is a Heaven, Landthieves ain't there.

  45. #45
    Irish_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    16,741
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Can this post be emphasized enough for the OP? Nope I do not think it can...
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  46. #46
    andymancan20's Avatar
    Posts
    2,907
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Ohio

    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    you think Adam and Eve are real? your joking right? so bam, Adam, then his rib makes Eve, there's an apple? mythology
    My Greek Mythology predates Christianity, why aren't you praying to Zeus?
    If you actually read my post you would have seen that I do not believe in a literal Adam and Eve character ...I even went so far as to explain that the Creation story is merely poetry by an ancient people...once again you show yourself to be quick to mock and slow to learn...

  47. #47

    Since getting super religious Manny Pacquiao sucks, why God?

    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Sad? i'm the happiest motherfucker on the planet. Who are you trying to outsmart? I've proven praying does SHIT, now go pray for cotton bowl victory
    You have proven nothing. Saying it over and over doesn't make it so. What proof have you given that prayer doesn't work? Huh uh and anecdotal evidence isn't proof of anything.

  48. #48

    Romney visits Pacquiao

    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Strange, he gave the Lord all that time, prayers, and his career took a dump
    he did better cheating on his wife and partying.
    hail Satan
    I am cracking up that Romney visited his religious ass....both lost, both attribute success/failure to god. Coincidence?

  49. #49
    This is so funny, I'm cracking up here in Vegas

  50. #50
    Atheists seem to be a bit narrow-minded...unable to believe in anything they can't see or touch. When someone doesn't want to believe in something that defies logic, it's like talking to a tree stump.

Similar Threads

  1. Manny Pacquiao just got knocked the **** out
    By mgsooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: November 25th, 2013, 01:20 PM