aTm does it again

Posted 680 day(s) ago 5136 Views 94 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 95
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1

    OU vs. A&M Cotton Bowl aTm does it again

    Top-rated WR Ricky Seals-Jones has committed to Texas A & M.

  2. #2
    Well at least they should be done for 2013 now, who's left?

  3. #3
    So ..indicia that OU would have better recruiting if we moved to the SEC? I'm listening.

  4. #4
    Sooners don't need WR they need beefeaters on O and D and LB!!!
    6 users like sportsproducer's post: Julz, Orion, OU48A, pbc2003, SleestakkSooner, Sooners2007


  5. #5
    David Ubben ‏@davidubben Mack Brown survived Garrett Gilbert. He may not survive Kevin Sumlin. This latest run is big, big trouble for the Horns.

    David Ubben ‏@davidubben
    A&M leaving (then winning games and a Heisman) and TCU coming is about the worst recipe Texas could have asked for on the recruiting trail.
    3 users like mgsooner's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, Sooners2007, Vodnik


  6. #6
    Houston Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,425
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brentwood, TN

    They were expected to get Manning and Jones, what was the big deal??


  7. #7
    TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    Posts
    5,142
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sooner Nation

    WR is a position I am totally unconcerned about. OL, DL, LB, and TE. We need more and better players at these spots to contend.

  8. #8
    Players with hyphenated names suck unless they are Sooners of course. Pick a frickin' last name for crying out loud!!!

  9. #9
    OUnimrod's Avatar
    Posts
    210
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Not the end of the world, but I can see it from here.

    We should have gone to the SEC. Can't beat the constant 24-7 advertising they get on ESPIN. Recruiting, ranking, heisman, etc. go hand in hand with all the constant hype.
    2 users like OUnimrod's post: SCV Sooner, soonercoop1


  10. #10
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,722
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    The hard-on for ATM on this board is disgusting. They won 10 games for the first time since 1998 and have three bowl wins since 1991. THREE! Calm down.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by OUnimrod View Post
    We should have gone to the SEC. Can't beat the constant 24-7 advertising they get on ESPIN. Recruiting, ranking, heisman, etc. go hand in hand with all the constant hype.
    I think yall were too scared of a national identity. Being seen as tu's foil was more important than being the national power you were in the Switzer years. Truly great programs have 2 or 3 nationally relevant games on their schedule year in and year out. Y'all were just too comfortable with dominating tu, and reaping those rewards over the last decade. The landscape has changed. I like OU a lot. Now that y'all are stuck in a terrible conference, I hope y'all start to schedule 2 premiere OOC opponents every year to bring back some glory. Nebraska/OU should be annual. Notre Dame, Florida State, USC, etc in a constant rotation.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I think yall were too scared of a national identity. Being seen as tu's foil was more important than being the national power you were in the Switzer years. Truly great programs have 2 or 3 nationally relevant games on their schedule year in and year out. Y'all were just too comfortable with dominating tu, and reaping those rewards over the last decade. The landscape has changed. I like OU a lot. Now that y'all are stuck in a terrible conference, I hope y'all start to schedule 2 premiere OOC opponents every year to bring back some glory. Nebraska/OU should be annual. Notre Dame, Florida State, USC, etc in a constant rotation.
    You can shut the **** up.
    The following users like this post: cale_920


  13. #13
    thurman murman's Avatar
    Posts
    7,860
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Peanut Gallery

    Now aggies are giving us scheduling advice...
    3 users like thurman murman's post: party1234, SoonerRaven, Written


  14. #14
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    A lot of ass hurt around here lately.

  15. #15
    I don't see the point of this thread? We never pursued RSJ. His dad wanted money and his dad got money. $EC $EC $EC
    2 users like huntinsooner's post: NickDangerThirdEye, OU812


  16. #16
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I think yall were too scared of a national identity. Being seen as tu's foil was more important than being the national power you were in the Switzer years. Truly great programs have 2 or 3 nationally relevant games on their schedule year in and year out. Y'all were just too comfortable with dominating tu, and reaping those rewards over the last decade. The landscape has changed. I like OU a lot. Now that y'all are stuck in a terrible conference, I hope y'all start to schedule 2 premiere OOC opponents every year to bring back some glory. Nebraska/OU should be annual. Notre Dame, Florida State, USC, etc in a constant rotation.
    I thank what yall should do is when moar than tin gaymes 2 yeers in a row and then give a school thats a much better program than you any advice.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    I don't see the point of this thread? We never pursued RSJ. His dad wanted money and his dad got money. $EC $EC $EC
    come on do you not know the norm around here? our fan base loves everyone else but us....funny you got a lot of Saban is the man, he gets beat at home by A&M, so then it moved to loving A&M....everyone hates LJ but loves Bell, if Bell fails, they will say Stoops sucks and should have went with Allen...you cant win.
    2 users like H82Lose's post: MoJoOkie, Sooner_117


  18. #18
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    come on do you not know the norm around here? our fan base loves everyone else but us....funny you got a lot of Saban is the man, he gets beat at home by A&M, so then it moved to loving A&M....everyone hates LJ but loves Bell, if Bell fails, they will say Stoops sucks and should have went with Allen...you cant win.
    Allen? More like Knight(the guy that decommitted from A&M because he knew he wasn't as good as our third stringer)

  19. #19
    TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    Posts
    5,142
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sooner Nation

    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I think yall were too scared of a national identity. Being seen as tu's foil was more important than being the national power you were in the Switzer years. Truly great programs have 2 or 3 nationally relevant games on their schedule year in and year out. Y'all were just too comfortable with dominating tu, and reaping those rewards over the last decade. The landscape has changed. I like OU a lot. Now that y'all are stuck in a terrible conference, I hope y'all start to schedule 2 premiere OOC opponents every year to bring back some glory. Nebraska/OU should be annual. Notre Dame, Florida State, USC, etc in a constant rotation.
    Scheduling advice from a school playing SMU, La. Tech, Rice, UTEP, Sam Houston St., South Carolina St. and Lamar out of conference from 2012-2014.
    The following users like this post: aaearon


  20. #20
    TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    Posts
    5,142
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sooner Nation

    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Allen? More like Knight(the guy that decommitted from A&M because he knew he wasn't as good as our third stringer)

  21. #21
    Keller Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    508
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Keller, Texas

    OU was comfortable dominating Texas, aTm, Osu, K-State and the rest of the Big12. They had the series overall lead against Nebraska, but it was always competitive. OU will continue to dominate. I see no reason for you to be concerned about it.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Allen? More like Knight(the guy that decommitted from A&M because he knew he wasn't as good as our third stringer)
    You're either an inbred jackass or trolling. Either way, DIAF.

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    Scheduling advice from a school playing SMU, La. Tech, Rice, UTEP, Sam Houston St., South Carolina St. and Lamar out of conference from 2012-2014.
    Yeah, but our in conference schedule was filled with 3 top ten teams. So you know..

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I think yall were too scared of a national identity. Being seen as tu's foil was more important than being the national power you were in the Switzer years. Truly great programs have 2 or 3 nationally relevant games on their schedule year in and year out. Y'all were just too comfortable with dominating tu, and reaping those rewards over the last decade. The landscape has changed. I like OU a lot. Now that y'all are stuck in a terrible conference, I hope y'all start to schedule 2 premiere OOC opponents every year to bring back some glory. Nebraska/OU should be annual. Notre Dame, Florida State, USC, etc in a constant rotation.
    We are still Oklahoma. You are still A&M. That won't change

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    You're either an inbred jackass or trolling. Either way, DIAF.
    Trevor Knight decommitted from Texas A&M because of Matt Davis. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, Trevor is supposedly a great guy, a bunch of my OU friend's think he is the real deal. But Matt, while possibly not the better QB, was the unquestioned leader of the recruiting class. Trevor would have walked in to a situation where he would have never had the locker room on his side. It wasn't he right situation for him. I wish him the best, and hope he beats tu like a drum if he ever gets the start.

  26. #26
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Allen? More like Knight(the guy that decommitted from A&M because he knew he wasn't as good as our third stringer)
    lol...ok...

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Trevor Knight decommitted from Texas A&M because of Matt Davis. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, Trevor is supposedly a great guy, a bunch of my OU friend's think he is the real deal. But Matt, while possibly not the better QB, was the unquestioned leader of the recruiting class. Trevor would have walked in to a situation where he would have never had the locker room on his side. It wasn't he right situation for him. I wish him the best, and hope he beats tu like a drum if he ever gets the start.
    ok..so knight comes here with LJ, Allen, Bell, and Thompson? it is stuff like this that makes A&M look like dip shits. but you can spin it to say why you will take our RB that transferred....spin that one and tell me a positive...I have my version.

  28. #28
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    ok..so knight comes here with LJ, Allen, Bell, and Thompson? it is stuff like this that makes A&M look like dip shits. but you can spin it to say why you will take our RB that transferred....spin that one and tell me a positive...I have my version.
    I don't know what I said that was so negative, Knight is a great player. No need to get hyper defensive if someone implies that a player ever commits with anything other than an dying burning desire to play for OU as a junior in high school.

  29. #29
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I don't know what I said that was so negative, Knight is a great player. No need to get hyper defensive if someone implies that a player ever commits with anything other than an dying burning desire to play for OU as a junior in high school.
    so saying...knight did not come to A&M because he knew he was not better than the 3rd string QB on the roster...that is not negative? I dont know how good knight is....but I question if that was the reason he decommitted from A&M when our QB depth is DEEP with talent...that is my point.

  30. #30
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    so saying...knight did not come to A&M because he knew he was not better than the 3rd string QB on the roster...that is not negative? I dont know how good knight is....but I question if that was the reason he decommitted from A&M when our QB depth is DEEP with talent...that is my point.
    I specifically said he might have been better than Matt Davis, even though Matt had a better offer list and was rated higher by most services(heavily sought by OU as well). I didn't even have to admit to that much. Trevor's decommittment from A&M had more to do with Matt's relationship with the fellow A&M recruiting class, and the leadership and buzz he was creating. Get your panties out of a wad.

  31. #31
    TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    Posts
    5,142
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sooner Nation

    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Yeah, but our in conference schedule was filled with 3 top ten teams. So you know..
    I knew that was going to be your reply. SEC in action: play 9 bad teams (like 2 FCS teams!), be highly rated, everyone beats each other and is top 10.

  32. #32
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Me not want Seals-Jones. Me not care.

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I specifically said he might have been better than Matt Davis, even though Matt had a better offer list and was rated higher by most services(heavily sought by OU as well). I didn't even have to admit to that much. Trevor's decommittment from A&M had more to do with Matt's relationship with the fellow A&M recruiting class, and the leadership and buzz he was creating. Get your panties out of a wad.
    Why did he have to decommit then? If this was the case why waste a scholly?

  34. #34
    Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    I knew that was going to be your reply. SEC in action: play 9 bad teams (like 2 FCS teams!), be highly rated, everyone beats each other and is top 10.
    I'm sorry if a conference full of 5 10 win teams is more impressive than a conference full of 5 7 win teams. Not my fault the SEC is top to bottom better than the Big 12.

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I specifically said he might have been better than Matt Davis, even though Matt had a better offer list and was rated higher by most services(heavily sought by OU as well). I didn't even have to admit to that much. Trevor's decommittment from A&M had more to do with Matt's relationship with the fellow A&M recruiting class, and the leadership and buzz he was creating. Get your panties out of a wad.
    Don't flatter your self about Matt Davis. It was Kiel's all along. When he went somewhere else OU threw out tons of offers. Reevaluated and went hard after knight. The fact that you think you know more about OU's recruiting then every OU fan on this board is laughable. Run along and celebrate your average 10 win season.

  36. #36
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    Why did he have to decommit then? If this was the case why waste a scholly?
    Waste a scholly? What? Trevor committed to A&M with an OU offer, Matt Davis(also with an OU offer) committed a short time later, a few months later Trevor committed to Oklahoma. What the hell are you talking about? Both programs would have gladly taken both QBs.

  37. #37
    TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    Posts
    5,142
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sooner Nation

    It's amazing how Aggie is a perfect match for the SEC. Now you'll have a reason to celebrate national titles even though they still won't be yours.

  38. #38
    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Don't flatter your self about Matt Davis. It was Kiel's all along. When he went somewhere else OU threw out tons of offers. Reevaluated and went hard after knight. The fact that you think you know more about OU's recruiting then every OU fan on this board is laughable. Run along and celebrate your average 10 win season.
    I do know that OU continued to go after Matt Davis extremely hard well in to his senior year, which is well after both committed. So what is your point?

  39. #39
    catfishcurtis's Avatar
    Posts
    1,002
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river

    Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    It's amazing how Aggie is a perfect match for the SEC. Now you'll have a reason to celebrate national titles even though they still won't be yours.
    This is spot on...

  40. #40
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I do know that OU continued to go after Matt Davis extremely hard well in to his senior year, which is well after both committed. So what is your point?
    So they wanted Matt Davis more than Gunner Kiel? Is that what your trying to say? Because Gunner Kiel was still into play at that point. We wanted Gunner Kiel first and foremost. After Gunner kiel moved on OU coahes re evaluated and found out the #1 choice for their offense was Knight.

  41. #41
    Turk's Avatar
    Posts
    6,624
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BFE,OK

    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    David Ubben ‏@davidubben Mack Brown survived Garrett Gilbert. He may not survive Kevin Sumlin. This latest run is big, big trouble for the Horns.

    David Ubben ‏@davidubben
    A&M leaving (then winning games and a Heisman) and TCU coming is about the worst recipe Texas could have asked for on the recruiting trail.
    Not to defend tejas but the whorns have 14 commitments and they sit at #11....4 spots behind aTm and their #7 ranked 34 player class.

  42. #42
    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    So they wanted Matt Davis more than Gunner Kiel? Is that what your trying to say? Because Gunner Kiel was still into play at that point. We wanted Gunner Kiel first and foremost. After Gunner kiel moved on OU coahes re evaluated and found out the #1 choice for their offense was Knight.
    I don't know what you're saying. Knight committed in the summer. OU was still recruiting Matt Davis at the end of his senior year. If OU had made the decision that Trevor was better than Matt, so be it. I have never made that claim, and have stated Trevor might be better, but the OU staff, as well as the A&M staff, would have taken both.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I don't know what you're saying. Knight committed in the summer. OU was still recruiting Matt Davis at the end of his senior year. If OU had made the decision that Trevor was better than Matt, so be it. I have never made that claim, and have stated Trevor might be better, but the OU staff, as well as the A&M staff, would have taken both.
    Now you have me confused. Knight committed to who in the summer?

  44. #44
    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Now you have me confused. Knight committed to who in the summer?
    Oklahoma.

    http://newsok.com/ou-gets-commitment...rticle/3585338

    He committed to Texas A&M in the spring.

  45. #45
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Oklahoma.

    http://newsok.com/ou-gets-commitment...rticle/3585338

    He committed to Texas A&M in the spring.
    Are you one of those "oh yeah, he definitely looks like he went to a&m" types? Pics needed.

  46. #46
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Oklahoma.

    http://newsok.com/ou-gets-commitment...rticle/3585338

    He committed to Texas A&M in the spring.
    I see. What I am telling you is after they got the word Gunner Kiel was ruling out OU, their second choice was Trevor Knight. I dont care what you say. OU does not recruit 2 qb's in one class and they do not pull offers from recruits already committed. So to say that they recruited Matt Davis after Knight committed is false. They may have stayed in touch but to say they would've taken matt Davis if he wanted to come late in the process is purely speculation based on nothing at all.

  47. #47
    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    I see. What I am telling you is after they got the word Gunner Kiel was ruling out OU, their second choice was Trevor Knight. I dont care what you say. OU does not recruit 2 qb's in one class and they do not pull offers from recruits already committed. So to say that they recruited Matt Davis after Knight committed is false. They may have stayed in touch but to say they would've taken matt Davis if he wanted to come late in the process is purely speculation based on nothing at all.
    Other than Matt's comments, you're right. I don't know if they would have taken Matt as well.

  48. #48
    Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    WR is a position I am totally unconcerned about. OL, DL, LB, and TE. We need more and better players at these spots to contend.
    Yeah what the **** was up with the tight end position. We completely scrapped it after the Kansas state game.

  49. #49
    Something stinks in college station, SEC style. Their edge? $$$$. players with their hands out and a&m is happy to oblige. If there's a change at a&m, it's that they've decided win at all costs is ok and they're going all in on the SEC cheat to win mantra.

  50. #50
    Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    I don't see the point of this thread? We never pursued RSJ. His dad wanted money and his dad got money. $EC $EC $EC

    Except [B]low U did recruit him and offered a scholarship. Check your facts son.

    The more big time recruits that go to A&M, the less that go to the Sooners. The tides are turning. As the seasons go on nothing about Oklahoma will get top recruits there. Oklahoma will fall further and further down the totem pole.