MOnthly Itunes Bashing Thread

Posted 712 day(s) ago 703 Views 28 Replies
    SoonerBounce Guest

Why isn't there an easy way to take my iphone, plug it into a new computer, and copy my songs that are on my iphone onto said new computer

man speaks the truth

The cloud is your friend.

why would you need to plug your iPhone into a computer ever? just log in to iTunes and download all previously purchased music from the Cloud. it's way easy. I've never plugged my iPhone or iPad into a computer.

They have programs you can buy/DL for free to get them off your ipod. I Gadget X, iExplorer are a few.

senuti

Originally Posted by SoonerinBoulder View Post
    why would you need to plug your iPhone into a computer ever? just log in to iTunes and download all previously purchased music from the Cloud. it's way easy. I've never plugged my iPhone or iPad into a computer.
    Cause he's an ignorant hillbilly...!!!

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    The cloud is your friend.
    Not everything I have on my iphone was purchased through itunes. actually very little of it is.

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Not everything I have on my iphone was purchased through itunes. actually very little of it is.
    ITunes should still find this music when syncing.

I guess I'm as dumb as Bounce. If you never plug to the computor, how does the music trnasfer to the device (iPod)?

ITunes should still find this music when syncing.
    Will iTunes not replicate what is on the computor onto the device (iPod)? If it synchs up and the music is not on the computor, will it not wipe it from the iPod?

I started using spotify really like it.

iTunes sucks.

But don't take my word for it, here's a comprehensive list why iTunes and Apple as a whole sucks - http://stallman.org/apple

Originally Posted by Tazo View Post
    iTunes sucks.

But don't take my word for it, here's a comprehensive list why iTunes and Apple as a whole sucks - http://stallman.org/apple
    That guy is an idiot

SoonerBounce Guest

Surely there is something I am missing. Surely there is a way to plug my iPhone into my work computer and sync what is on my phone to my computer and not the other way arou d

Surely there is something I am missing. Surely there is a way to plug my iPhone into my work computer and sync what is on my phone to my computer and not the other way arou d
    Is it a laptop hat you take home from time to time? If so, you can put iTunes on it, turn on home sharing, and authorize it as one of your 5.

Is it a laptop hat you take home from time to time? If so, you can put iTunes on it, turn on home sharing, and authorize it as one of your 5.
    That would work, but since he has music not bought on ITunes it probably won't. Yeah itunes sucks in that respect b/c they dont want people to share music.

Yes, there are programs to do this. it won't do it automatically. since you didn't buy most of it on iTunes, then you can't just re-download all of it from the cloud. now if you had iTunes Match, you could.

If someone doesn't like iTunes they should return it for a full refund of the nothing it cost them in the first place.

Nope. Record companies won't allow it.
    The only way is using one of the programs people posted above.

I believe you can listen to music from the iPhone on the computer WHILE the iPhone is plugged in, but you can't transfer the music to the comps hard drive.

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I believe you can listen to music from the iPhone on the computer WHILE the iPhone is plugged in, but you can't transfer the music to the comps hard drive.
    if someone knows how to do this, that would make me happy.

There's a couple of downloadable apps that will do this for you.

Re: MOnthly Itunes Bashing Thread

It sounds like you have a couple issues.

Doubletwist

Re: MOnthly Itunes Bashing Thread

Originally Posted by kjhouston View Post
    Doubletwist
    If you're going to use double twist, you might as well get a better phone and transfer all of your music.

if someone knows how to do this, that would make me happy.
    Download iTunes and find your phone in the Devices section of the left-hand panel. Double click the song you want to listen to. Also, Spotify will let you listen to anything free if you download their app ( a few ads here and there). If your work blocks that, they probably don't know about GrooveShark.com, same concept, but of dubious legality.

Why isn't there an easy way to take my iphone, plug it into a new computer, and copy my songs that are on my iphone onto said new computer
    It's pretty simple actually..... If you can work a computer at all.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    It's pretty simple actually..... If you can work a computer at all.

EDIT:

Except it says that doesn't work on iphones like he has