Lattimore Taking His Talents to the NFL ... Really?

Posted 691 day(s) ago 1136 Views 18 Replies
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Irish_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    16,741
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX

    SEC Speed Lattimore Taking His Talents to the NFL ... Really?

    Link



    I hope it works out for the young man but really? I seriously doubt he gets picked on the first two days ... Honestly if he was even able to finish next season in college by playing just okay in the final two games or something he would probably make Millions more off his initial contract


    Odd decision IMO



    FYIAPBPLMKSICM!(**** You If Already Posted But Please Let Me Know So I Can Merge!)


      Not Safe For Work

  2. #2
    Want to make a friendly wager he goes in the first 5 rounds?

  3. #3
    OuachitaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,725
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas Texas

    Lattimore Taking His Talents to the NFL ... Really?

    Smart decision. Clearly has the vision and tools, says he wants the chance to rehab with NFL doctors. Better to find out you aren't the same in the NFL rather than in college.


    Ya, ya, ya, finish his degree or whatever...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Irish_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    16,741
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Originally Posted by OuachitaSooner View Post
    Smart decision. Clearly has the vision and tools, says he wants the chance to rehab with NFL doctors. Better to find out you aren't the same in the NFL rather than in college.


    Ya, ya, ya, finish his degree or whatever...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True good point and is probably what his thinking is ... Makes me wonder though if he is doubting his ability to come back and wants that first check no matter how much smaller it might be


    Good luck to him

  5. #5
    Irish_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    16,741
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    Want to make a friendly wager he goes in the first 5 rounds?
    Ummm not really as betting on how a surgery goes or w/e isn't my cup of tea


    (also fwiw day 3 of the draft = rounds 4-7)

  6. #6
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,732
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    I'm sure if he's still around someone will take him. Those late picks don't usually make it anyway. Why stay another year and risk getting hurt? Get drafted and move on.

  7. #7
    .
    Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

  8. #8
    DRminimega67's Avatar
    Posts
    1,276
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moore

    No one will waste a draft pick on him unless it's 7th round. He'll be a free agent and someone will give him a chance. Knowing how those injuries go, it's highly unlikely he'll ever play again. But that'll motivate him.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    ChpThril's Avatar
    Posts
    8,660
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nearest Lake Available

    Originally Posted by DRminimega67 View Post
    No one will waste a draft pick on him unless it's 7th round. He'll be a free agent and someone will give him a chance. Knowing how those injuries go, it's highly unlikely he'll ever play again. But that'll motivate him.
    WTF do you know?!?!?!
    2 users like ChpThril's post: DRminimega67, Irish_Sooner


  11. #11
    .
    The following users like this post: soonirvana

    Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

  12. #12
    After Willis, someone will take a chance on him.

  13. #13
    Irish_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    16,741
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Worked out for McGahee. Staying in school does him very little. He was devastated by the injury. He was just trying to get thru the season to get to the draft. He had no plans for being a senior. He saw millions go up in smoke. Someone will take a flyer on him in a later round. He will be on the IR and rehabbed, but get paid. If he can't play the following year, a team will be out little. If he pulls a McGahee, he will get paid on a 2nd contract.
    Originally Posted by OUMick View Post
    After Willis, someone will take a chance on him.
    Yea severity of the injuries(McGahee v Lat-ti-mo) is somewhat close as Willis did tear the 3 main knee ligaments(ACL, PCL + MCL) but he didn't have the whole compound fracture issue like Lattimore did IIRC... I initially thought of the same comparison but if I remember correctly with Willis' injury at no point was there ever a question of possible amputation(not sure if it was just an idiot speculating but I did hear this as a possibility right after Lattimore's injury) so the comparison isn't dead on FWIW

  14. #14
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    9,363
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FLORIDA

    Lattimore has inspired this dude to enter the draft also

    The following users like this post: tennsooner


  15. #15
    He will definitely be drafted before the 7th round. Some are projecting him in the 2nd even!

  16. #16
    DRminimega67's Avatar
    Posts
    1,276
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moore

    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Worked out for McGahee. Staying in school does him very little. He was devastated by the injury. He was just trying to get thru the season to get to the draft. He had no plans for being a senior. He saw millions go up in smoke. Someone will take a flyer on him in a later round. He will be on the IR and rehabbed, but get paid. If he can't play the following year, a team will be out little. If he pulls a McGahee, he will get paid on a 2nd contract.
    Lattimore's injury was worse than McGahee's

  17. #17
    Does someone that knows a little more know if he could do the same thing as basketball players and not hire an agent so that if he isn't drafted he is still eligible to play in college?

  18. #18
    McShay(sp?) said last night that some team will take a chance in the 3rd or 4th round probably.

  19. #19
    BoulderSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    2,021
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    lattimore also never had NFL rb speed ... mcgahee did
    The following users like this post: Lyricologist!


Similar Threads

  1. Johnny Mugshot is taking his talents to the NFL
    By DallasSooner0220 in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: December 15th, 2013, 05:07 PM
  2. Stupid & useless talents
    By usaosooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2013, 08:57 PM

Tags for this Thread