Portland Mall Shooting

Posted 650 day(s) ago 2819 Views 129 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Portland Mall Shooting

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/repor...r-portland-ore

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Police say at least one person is dead and multiple people are wounded after someone opened fire in a Portland, Ore., area mall filled with holiday shoppers.

Suspect has been neutralized.

This just proves we need more guns locks. Guns are weapons, not people.

Any word on the shooter? 45 year old WM? Tea Bagger? Sara Palin?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Isnt that just assumed?

they are saying on the local news he was wearing a hockey mask. not sure what all happened yet, the news always gets about half the shit wrong to start out with. One person apparently life flighted. the shooter is neutralized, whatever that means?

4-7 injured
    2 dead

I hope neutralized means killed dead as ****.
    5 users like jdmt37's post: ArbySooner, Clark W. Griswold, DHF, quatrogenerian, zevogolf

Stu lives in Portland....
    6 users like Yasiel Puig's post: bushmaster06, CrimsonEagle, DIB, fdubzou, The, The Baconator®

does he own a hockey mask?

not sure what is going on now, but there are 100 or so swat outside the mall , some with dogs. Maybe they have to go in and just clear the building or something to make sure there was not an accomplice or whatever.
    some girl said she saw him sprinting into the mall wearing all black and a Jason mask with the gun, she thought it was a joke, he dropped some ammo on the way in. She was going to go back into mall to see what was going on and then everyone started running out.

only one shooter and he is deceased

Shooter is dead. 2 others also dead.

Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Stu lives in Portland....
    True, and that dude's one crazy ****.

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    does he own a hockey mask?

not sure what is going on now, but there are 100 or so swat outside the mall , some with dogs. Maybe they have to go in and just clear the building or something to make sure there was not an accomplice or whatever.
    some girl said she saw him sprinting into the mall wearing all black and a Jason mask with the gun, she thought it was a joke, he dropped some ammo on the way in. She was going to go back into mall to see what was going on and then everyone started running out.

only one shooter and he is deceased
    I've never understood how people can think something like that is a joke. If I'm in a public place, and I see someone with a rifle, I'm getting the **** out of there.
    The following users like this post: zevogolf

The police spokesman is pimping their Twitter feed haha.

How are they describing the shooter's gums?
    4 users like Yasiel Puig's post: BillyOcean, DIB, OrangeBlossom, The

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    you forgot "fundamentalist christian"....
    he was prolly pissed someone told him " happy HOLIDAYS"
    2 users like 87sooner's post: KCRuf/Nek, oucub23

Does boomermagic live in Portland?

just interviewed the mall santa and he is shaken up but okay

Portland Mall Shooting

This is why I carry.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you forgot "fundamentalist christian"....
    he was prolly pissed someone told him " happy HOLIDAYS"
    We'd like for you to provide an alibi during the time of shooting.

self inflicted gunshot killed shooter

Does NickZepp live in Portland?

Re: Portland Mall Shooting

This will save the tax payers some $$..
    The following users like this post: jdmt37

Just like that shooter in NYC that the cops took out. When they do happen more of these things need to end like this. I'm tired of people wringing their hands over the shooter.

Has the news reported anything about thunderous applause?
    9 users like fdubzou's post: DHF, DIB, Irish_Sooner, Keef, McRib, Mobius, Shooter, The Baconator®, Wailer

http://www.kptv.com/video?clipId=8057736&autostart=true

mall santa interview, seems like a pretty good dude

Good God.....America is a ****ing gong show.

Shaun Wik, 20, from Fairview, said he was Christmas shopping with his girlfriend and opened a fortune cookie at the food court. Inside was written: "Live for today. Remember yesterday. Think of tomorrow."

As he read it, he heard three shots. He heard a man he believes was the gunman shout, "Get down!" but Wik and his girlfriend ran. He heard seven or eight more shots. He didn't turn around.

"If I had looked back, I might not be standing here," Wik said. "I might have been one of the ones who got hit."Austin Patty, 20, who works at Macy's, said he saw a man in a white mask carrying a rifle and wearing a bulletproof vest. He heard the gunman say, "I am the shooter," as if announcing himself. A series of rapid-fire shots in short succession followed as Christmas music played. Patty said he ducked to the ground and then ran.

His Macy's co-worker, Pam Moore, told The Associated Press the gunman was short, with dark hair. Witnesses said he started firing his military-style weapon just outside Macy's in the food court of Clackamas Town Center.

Brance Wilson, the mall Santa, said he heard gunshots and dove for the floor. By the time he looked up, seconds later, everyone around him had cleared out. Merchandise was scattered in some stores as he made his way to the door.

"Santa will be back," Wilson said. "It's not going to keep Santa away from the mall."

Workers and shoppers rushed out of the mall and into stores' backrooms for safety as teams of police officers came inside to find the shooter.

The gunman was dead, apparently from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Clackamas County sheriff's Lt. James Rhodes said. A shopper told KATU-TV he saw a man lying on the floor with a gun next to him.

Police said they have tentatively identified the gunman but would not release his name or give any information on a possible motive. Officials said a woman was also shot and was in serious condition at a Portland hospital.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2280786.html

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    This is why I carry.
    False. You are supposed to use a little old grandma as shield while you take video of the incident for YouTube and pictures for your Facebook page. Or just run away like a coward letting innocents die. That's the American way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    False. You are supposed to use a little old grandma as shield while you take video of the incident for YouTube and pictures for your Facebook page. Or just run away like a coward letting innocents die. That's the American way.

Or you could knuckle up.
    3 users like bushmaster06's post: Fahooglegods, kssooner, SoonerPT

Originally Posted by sweetnsourpoke View Post
    Gtfo

What country do you live in?

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    I think he's in Singapore.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/12/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

The suspect announced aloud that "I am the shooter" as he ran through Macy's, said witness and store employee Austin Patty.

I'd like to think if I decided to walk into a mall full of 10,000 people with the intent to kill as many as I could before offing myself, the number dead would be much higher than 2.

This guys entire life was obviously a failure.
    3 users like Keef's post: 2121sooner, SoonerArtillery, VoodooChild

Apparently he didn't soil himself enough on the Bob Costas thread.

Originally Posted by keefsmangledfingers View Post
    I'd like to think if I decided to walk into a mall full of 10,000 people with the intent to kill as many as I could before offing myself, the number dead would be much higher than 2.

This guys entire life was obviously a failure.
    they said at one point his gun jammed, I guess he got it fixed in time to shoot himself but by then most people had prolly cleared out of the area

they said at one point his gun jammed, I guess he got it fixed in time to shoot himself but by then most people had prolly cleared out of the area
    lack of commitment in my opinion. lots of people, it seems, were just "hiding" waiting for the hunt to begin.

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    I think he's in Singapore.
    awesome. he lives in a city-state that still canes people. he has no room to talk.

awesome. he lives in a city-state that still canes people. he has no room to talk.
    I sided with Singapore when they were gonna cane that American for spray painting cars.

We should have caning here!

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Or just run away like a coward letting innocents die. That's the American way.

Ok, you're unarmed, and a man is shooting a rifle, and you're not supposed to run? Can i ask what would you do in that particular situation?

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    Ok, you're unarmed, and a man is shooting a rifle, and you're not supposed to run? Can i ask what would you do in that particular situation?

This is why I carry a Bat-A-Rang at all times.
    3 users like SoCaliSooner's post: fdubzou, jdmt37, The Baconator®

PORTLAND, Ore. -- To police and witnesses, Jacob Tyler Roberts was a gunman on a mission, shooting numerous rounds from a semiautomatic rifle as he stalked through a Portland mall, ultimately killing two people and seriously injuring another. To Roberts' shocked friends and family, he was just Jake, a happy, easygoing 22-year-old who liked video games and talked about moving to Hawaii.

"Jake was never the violent type," Roberts' ex-girlfriend, Hannah Patricia Sansburn, told ABC News. "His main goal was to make you laugh, smile, make you feel comfortable. You can't reconcile the differences.

"I hate him for what he did, but I can't hate the person I knew because it was nothing like the person who would go into a mall and go on a rampage," she said.

Sansburn said Roberts had recently quit his job at a gyro shop in Portland and sold all of his belongings, telling her he was moving to Hawaii. He was supposed to take a flight Saturday but told her he got drunk and missed it.

"And then this happens. ... It makes me think, was he even planning on going to Hawaii?" Sansburn told ABC News.

Sansburn didn't return phone messages left by The Associated Press, and no one answered the door at her home Wednesday.

On a Facebook page that a friend identified as Roberts', a few photos show Roberts with friends, while one shows the back of a person in a knit cap firing what appears to be a handgun at targets. The cover photo is of a wall painted in graffiti with the message "Follow Your Dreams" and the word "Canceled" stamped across it.

In the public portion of his page, Roberts wrote: "I may be young but I have lived one crazy life so far."

"I'm the kind of person that is going to do what I want," he wrote. "There is no reason for another person to tell you what to do, I'm the conductor of my choo choo train."

He added he was "a bit of an adrenaline junkie" who was "just looking to meet new people and see the world."

A former neighbor of Roberts said he liked to play video games and never seemed troubled.

"We knocked on each other's door every morning. Every day to hang out, to talk," said Samantha Bennett, who added she went to middle school with Roberts but wasn't close to him until he moved in with a girlfriend across the hall from her at an apartment complex in summer 2011.

"If me and my boyfriend were fighting, he was there to talk to me," Bennett said. "We would go to the bar together. I don't get it."

Roberts' dining room was decorated like a jungle, Bennett said - just one of the quirky things he did. He had green lights and put ivy on the walls.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/1...#storylink=cpy

So he lived with his gf but was boning the neighbor samantha or white knighting

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    This is why I carry.
    Can't say I blame you.

One interesting aspect of the gun issue in the United States is the relationship it has with the mentally ill.

Now, let's take Japan as an example (won't use Singapore as it's a nation state). In comparison with other industrialized nations, Japan lags behind in the area of mental healthcare. In Japanese society, it's a bit of an embarrassment to seek treatment from a psychiatrist or to have a family member checked into a psych ward. It's not uncommon to see people that are clearly ill wandering around Tokyo and Osaka.

Sure, there have been instances of mentally disturbed people committing unspeakable acts in these countries (the Mamuro Takuma knife attack in Osaka....the 69-year old man burning down the Namdaemun Gate in Korea, etc, etc) but thank goodness these people don't have access to guns. Can you imagine?

Well, yes, you can. It's become so routine here. Shopping malls, town hall meetings, movie theaters, places of employment....you name it.....mass shootings occur so frequently here, who even bats an eye anymore? So let's just load up, pack and carry. The more the merrier.

Nope, no gun culture here. No sirree.

Can't say I blame you.

One interesting aspect of the gun issue in the United States is the relationship it has with the mentally ill.

Now, let's take Japan as an example (won't use Singapore as it's a nation state). In comparison with other industrialized nations, Japan lags behind in the area of mental healthcare. In Japanese society, it's a bit of an embarrassment to seek treatment from a psychiatrist or to have a family member checked into a psych ward. It's not uncommon to see people that are clearly ill wandering around Tokyo and Osaka.

Sure, there have been instances of mentally disturbed people committing unspeakable acts in these countries (the Mamuro Takuma knife attack in Osaka....the 69-year old man burning down the Namdaemun Gate in Korea, etc, etc) but thank goodness these people don't have access to guns. Can you imagine?

Well, yes, you can. It's become so routine here. Shopping malls, town hall meetings, movie theaters, places of employment....you name it.....mass shootings occur so frequently here, who even bats an eye anymore? So let's just load up, pack and carry. The more the merrier.

You might want to keep your opinions to yourself. You are liable to get shot.

Can't say I blame you.

God, this stuff is just too easy, isn't it? Americans will eventually figure it out.

Portland Mall Shooting

We don't have a gun problem. That's the easy answer. And it's false. We have a cultural problem that won't be solved by more guns or more gun control.

Can't say I blame you.

So what we know so far is your last name is Lanza. No other explanation as you couldn't be as dead on if not a Lanza.

God, this stuff is just too easy, isn't it? Americans will eventually figure it out.
    We dont have a gun culture problem. We have a culture problem, period. It has nothing to do with guns.
    2 users like Sancho's post: oucub23, SoCaliSooner

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Can't say I blame you.

The Japanese culture itself is completely different. Show me major cities like Detroit, Chicago, East St. Louis, south central L.A., Flint, or West Memphis in Japan where a vast majority of criminal activity is generational?

Also show me how many minorities are in their culture and are openly hostile to the Japanese and their history? How many African-Japanese or Hispanic-Japanese are there? I think the Japanese are just Japanese, they are fairly assimilated and united in their nationalism. They are like ants, you knock their ant hill over with a nuke or tsunami and those ****ers get a little pissy, but soon they are back to working together in unison to fix their shit.

In the United States in situations like katrina, we have whole subsections that loot, riot and steal. Many others, already on the government dole, are just then wasting space needing the government to clothe, feed, shelter and relocate them and have no intentions of working together, or even working at all, to help their fellow American. So comparing us to japs is appo's and olanges...