Portland Mall Shooting

Posted 689 day(s) ago by DHF2846 Views 129 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    I was a deputy sheriff and still have a ccw. Some dick hole tobacco spitting hayseed starts shooting and he'd be the first person I'd drop.
    He'd have to be working in conjunction with the shooter because nobody with firearms training shoots where there's a possibility of civilians getting hurt.

I know you think you get your power and bravery from carrying, but you don't. You've never been in a life and death situation, you've never had training, and worse, you're overconfident in your unproven, untested abilities. As much of a pro-gun, pro-open carry of a guy I am, you are exactly the type of person who give responsible gun owner/carriers a bad name.
    you don't have a f'ing clue as usual....
    you wouldn't fire a shot because you would wait for the on-duty pros.....while everyone around you dies....
    but you would make a fine witness....
    prolly a dead witness.....but in your case....that's still a fine witness

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you wouldn't fire a shot because you would wait for the on-duty pros.....while everyone around you dies....
    No, you don't have a clue. Everyone in this thread has said that if there was a clean shot, we'd take it, but we aren't going to take a risky shot and risk killing an innocent civilian. You seem to think we'd all turn and run into the nearest Victoria Secret and try on some lingerie.

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    No, you don't have a clue. Everyone in this thread has said that if there was a clean shot, we'd take it, but we aren't going to take a risky shot and risk killing an innocent civilian. You seem to think we'd all turn and run into the nearest Victoria Secret and try on some lingerie.
    you're a bigger dumbazz than i thought....
    NEVER.....did i suggest taking a "risky shot".....
    so you should now admit you're a dumbazz.....and stop arguing with me....

you're a bigger dumbazz than i thought....
    NEVER.....did i suggest taking a "risky shot".....
    so you should now admit you're a dumbazz.....and stop arguing with me....
    You said you'd attempt to shoot the person. You're calling a guy a coward for finding suitable cover. You have no idea what to do in a situation involving an active shooter, and you're making yourself look like an idiot by calling people "dumbazz" over and over.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

I never said what I would/would not do.

I know I wouldn't have killed an innocent bystander.

You, are an idiot. You weigh in constantly on how you would have taken on armed shooters in many different situations. You're just a blowhard looking for masculine validation by telling us you're a brave killer out ready to neutralize bad guys if only they'd just give you a reason. If you are that much better, become a cop and show us all just how much better you are than the rest of the department because of your vast farming experience. In fact, tell them that you are so well off, you won't even need a salary.

Until you do that, you're just another **** wannabe talking shit about how tough you are...from the security of your comfy home while behind a computer.

Hey dumbass, sometimes it's better to wait until the cops get there. I have a ccl as well, but if I don't have a good clear line of sight and good clear background and good cover, I'm not firing my ****ing weapon. I'm going to find a way to get my family and myself the **** out of there or to go solid cover, asap. I'm responsible for every single bullet that leaves my gun in every single situation I may ever be in. In every single training I've been in, it's been drilled that being a good witness is the best thing you can be, to only use the weapon as your absolute last resort. It's not your ****ing job to be the hero because you have a ccl and a gun. Your gun is there to protect yourself and your family as a last resort. If you have your family with you in an active shooter situation and your first thought is to go play hero, you have no business having a ccl. You will either get yourself killed, your family killed, innocent bystanders killed or all three. When the cops get there and they see you with a gun, you're dead. They won't stop to ask you if you're just a good guy playing hero, they will assume you are the shooter.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Hey dumbass, sometimes it's better to wait until the cops get there. I have a ccl as well, but if I don't have a good clear line of sight and good clear background and good cover, I'm not firing my ****ing weapon. I'm going to find a way to get my family and myself the **** out of there or to go solid cover, asap. I'm responsible for every single bullet that leaves my gun in every single situation I may ever be in. In every single training I've been in, it's been drilled that being a good witness is the best thing you can be, to only use the weapon as your absolute last resort. It's not your ****ing job to be the hero because you have a ccl and a gun. Your gun is there to protect yourself and your family as a last resort. If you have your family with you in an active shooter situation and your first thought is to go play hero, you have no business having a ccl. You will either get yourself killed, your family killed, innocent bystanders killed or all three. When the cops get there and they see you with a gun, you're dead. They won't stop to ask you if you're just a good guy playing hero, they will assume you are the shooter.
    fine....you can be a dead witness too....just like socalidumbazz

fine....you can be a dead witness too....just like socalidumbazz
    And if a cop sees you shooting, you're dead too.

Congratulations.

And if a cop sees you shooting, you're dead too.

Congratulations.
    by the time the cops get there....it's all over
    i shot expert with an m16 and a pistol when i was in the air force....

There are still police officers who work part time shifts at malls. If there's a cop that turns the corner and he sees you shooting, you're in some pretty deep shit at that moment.

There are still police officers who work part time shifts at malls. If there's a cop that turns the corner and he sees you shooting, you're in some pretty deep shit at that moment.
    and that's something i can't worry about...
    you worry about what's in front of you.....not what might happen

87, you might as well tell us you look like brad Pitt and that you shit gold bricks too. It's about as believable as your false bravado.

It's okay that you aren't an alpha male. You grow shit that we eat, and there's no shame in that. Some guys are just not cut out to do dangerous things, risk their lives, deal with death constantly, be willing to die for strangers and trade their lives for those they don't even know, asked to make life or death decisions regarding those around them, be willing to take a life AND do everything possible to save a lie. Those that do, day in and day out just do what they do when/if they need to.

Let's face it, telling people constantly what you would do, over and over and over in situations you'll never ever be in, just further confirms that you're not cut out to do all those things you want to talk us, and even yourself, into believing that you as a man really think you are capable of doing.

The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Well you certainly must be John McClain, Rambo, James Bond and Jason Bourne all rolled into one unbelievable badass. So why is it you farm when you should be saving the world?

you might as well tell us you look like brad Pitt and that you shit gold bricks too.
    Little confusion here. That's me.
    5 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: 2121sooner, DHF, jdmt37, SoCaliSooner, Wailer

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Well you certainly must be John McClain, Rambo, James Bond and Jason Bourne all rolled into one unbelievable badass. So why is it you farm when you should be saving the world?
    He's like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven.

If what 87 says is true, it is a shame he has a ccl. A ccl permit is granted so that one can protect himself and his family...not endanger himself, them, or bystanders.

Portland Mall Shooting

87 is a prime example of why arming more citizens and introducing more weapons to a situation like this is NOT a logical solution.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    If what 87 says is true, it is a shame he has a ccl. A ccl permit is granted so that one can protect himself and his family...not endanger himself, them, or bystanders.
    it's a shame you want more innocent people to die

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    87 is a prime example of why arming more citizens and introducing more weapons to a situation like this is NOT a logical solution.
    newtown/portland/aurora are prime examples of why more armed citizens are necessary....because police/govt can't protect everyone.....

newtown/portland/aurora are prime examples of why more armed citizens are necessary....because police/govt can't protect everyone.....
    Especially in these supposedly "gun free" zones . . . those signs are really helping things.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Especially in these supposedly "gun free" zones . . . those signs are really helping things.
    yeah....maybe we need bigger signs...
    i just can't believe these lunatics keep ignoring the SIGNS....

yeah....maybe we need bigger signs...
    i just can't believe these lunatics keep ignoring the SIGNS....
    It's not about just arming people, which I am for, it's having armed people know when to shoot, and when not to shoot. You can't just drop every Joe Citizen with a gun into a shooter situation and expect them to act like a "pro", because 25 years ago they shot an m-16 while in the Air Force. If anything, having open carry would act as more of a deterrent to criminals, but God help anybody around you if you decide to start shooting and endanger everybody else's safety even further.
    4 users like SoCaliSooner's post: DHF, jdmt37, McRib, silverwheels

I'm just fearful of untrained civilians pulling guns and being unable to identify who is a threat vs. who is just trying to protect themselves. In situations like Aurora especially, it seems that if multiple people had drawn weapons it would be nearly impossible to ID who was acting in self defense and who may be a collaborator.
    3 users like Troker's post: DHF, SoCaliSooner, SpankyNek

It's not about just arming people, which I am for, it's having armed people know when to shoot, and when not to shoot.
    Yep.

I would like to nominate 87 for the real life role of The Batman. This world is getting too dangerous and 87 knows how to handle situations like this. We need more than one tho...the world is a big place. Who else is down?

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    I would like to nominate 87 for the real life role of The Batman. This world is getting too dangerous and 87 knows how to handle situations like this. We need more than one tho...the world is a big place. Who else is down?
    are you a fleer too? you have lots of company on this board..

Portland Mall Shooting

??? Depends on the situation. Probably after I shit myself I would assess the situation. If I'm ever put in that situation I guess we will find out.
    The following users like this post: URNotserious

I would shoot 87 first and ask questions later...!!!

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    I would shoot 87 first and ask questions later...!!!
    you would pee and flee