Johnny Manziel displayed Christian values Saturday night

Posted 679 day(s) ago by S00nerJay5008 Views 139 Replies
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    i guess bbs got tired of the gay smack.....
    gay... smack... yup that's about par for a 87 post/wet dream. Did you go to Boom last night? You've almost been funny on a couple of posts.

SoonerBounce Guest

Bbs is a sock account

how would we know?
    if God exists.....we wouldn't...

also....my pastor made a comment just this week.....he said humans were created with sort of a pre-programmed knowledge of right and wrong...
    cane knew it was wrong to kill abel long before God gave moses the 10 commandments
    Where did he come up with this?

From this?
    romans 2

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
    It is an interesting view to have, but I don't subscribe to it.

how would we know?
    if God exists.....we wouldn't...

also....my pastor made a comment just this week.....he said humans were created with sort of a pre-programmed knowledge of right and wrong...
    cane knew it was wrong to kill abel long before God gave moses the 10 commandments...
    How did I miss this gem.... "pre-programmed knowledge of good and evil"??? Then what was the point of the serpent tempting Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge? You're not a very good literalist.

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    How did I miss this gem.... "pre-programmed knowledge of good and evil"??? Then what was the point of the serpent tempting Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge? You're not a very good literalist.
    Eve still knew it was bad. I fail to see your point

adam/eve gained knowledge of good/evil after eating from the tree of knowledge....
    how do you think their offspring gained that knowledge?

i guess bbs got tired of the gay smack.....
    That's far worse, you worthless turd.

adam/eve gained knowledge of good/evil after eating from the tree of knowledge....
    You said humans were pre-programmed. Are you saying that she wasn't human? She didn't learn good/evil until after she ate the fruit so how could she have been pre-programmed.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of which Christian values Johnny Football displayed on Saturday night.
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

You said humans were pre-programmed. Are you saying that she wasn't human? She didn't learn good/evil until after she ate the fruit so how could she have been pre-programmed.
    i think he meant humans have a conscious.....obviously after adam/eve fell into sin....and that conscience tells us what is right/wrong regardless if we're taught or not....

do you subscribe to the idea that morals are independent of God?
    Last edited by 87sooner; December 13th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

Not believing in moral relativism is asinine.

Does someone constantly abused or raised in a feral environment possess the same moral conscious as you?

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post

Does someone constantly abused or raised in a feral environment possess the same moral conscious as you?
    maybe.....maybe not....
    but i never said it was impossible to alter the conscience one was born with....

Uh....no. (If you're talking moral relativism, which is commonly understood to be the idea that we tolerate others' behavior no matter what just because those people view it as moral. If you're just saying, "People have different views of morality," then that's really not going out on much of limb.)

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Uh....no. (If you're talking moral relativism, which is commonly understood to be the idea that we tolerate others' behavior no matter what just because those people view it as moral. If you're just saying, "People have different views of morality," then that's really not going out on much of limb.)
    Not just people have different views of morality...more like entire cultures have different concepts of what is morally right and wrong, and those constructs not only change geographically, but also along the axis of time. Thus making the idea of a single universal moral code preprogrammed into humans a rather far fetched assertion without any means of proof.

The Ersland case is a great example of this on a micro level.

Can we get back to posting pictures of Johnny's girlfriend?
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

Not just people have different views of morality...more like entire cultures have different concepts of what is morally right and wrong, and those constructs not only change geographically, but also along the axis of time. Thus making the idea of a single universal moral code preprogrammed into humans a rather far fetched assertion without any means of proof.

of course people and cultures have different views on morality........ we have free will......
    that doesn't mean we don't have a pre-progammed conscience that tells us what is right and wrong.....

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by pbc2003 View Post
    Who is Johnny Manziel? I thought Johnny Football won it

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Who is Johnny Manziel? I thought Johnny Football won it
    Johnny Football is his alter ego. Just wait till you meet Johnny Beerpong

of course people and cultures have different views on morality........ we have free will......
    that doesn't mean we don't have a pre-progammed conscience that tells us what is right and wrong.....
    Was there a different per programmed set of rules for this conscious to operate in before the New covenant?

And if free will can be corrupted along with the conscious, what is its use?

bbs wouldn't touch my question above......maybe you could give it a try...

Was there a different per programmed set of rules for this conscious to operate in before the New covenant?
    prolly not......why?

And if free will can be corrupted along with the conscious, what is its use?
    i' m not certain it can...

bbs wouldn't touch my question above......maybe you could give it a try...
    Well, I don't subscribe to the story of Adam and Eve, but if I were to accept it as literal fact, I would say that they enforced these beliefs through discipline upon their offspring.

It brings up another interesting point though...if Adam and Eve were given the construct of Right/Wrong by the serpent, is that definition to be trusted?
    Meaning, Adam and Eve covered their loins out of embarrassment, is this actually morally right, or a ****ization of conscious?

Well, I don't subscribe to the story of Adam and Eve, but if I were to accept it as literal fact, I would say that they enforced these beliefs through discipline upon their offspring.

It brings up another interesting point though...if Adam and Eve were given the construct of Right/Wrong by the serpent, is that definition to be trusted?
    Meaning, Adam and Eve covered their loins out of embarrassment, is this actually morally right, or a ****ization of conscious?
    adam/eve were not given anything by the serpent.....
    immediately upon eating the fruit......their "eyes were opened"....they instantly gained consciousness of right/wrong.....
    and every person since was born with the same conscience....

The serpent wanted them to gain this knowledge...why?

So why does a baby not hide its genitals and defecate in public...a terribly stubborn free will?

The serpent wanted them to gain this knowledge...why?
    because it was contrary to God's will

So why does a baby not hide its genitals and defecate in public...a terribly stubborn free will?
    no self control

So God didn't want us to have a conscious, but the Serpent bestowed upon us (vicariously) moral virtue at birth?

no self control
    Victor of Aveyron, raised by wolves, had self control...was his conscious constantly begging him to stop with the whole naked thing and he ignored it?

What about tribal peoples that do not gird their loins...

Victor of Aveyron, raised by wolves, had self control...was his conscious constantly begging him to stop with the whole naked thing and he ignored it?

What about tribal peoples that do not gird their loins...
    victor was not raised by wolves from birth......it was believed from age 4 or 5.....

wrt tribal people....free will/cultural morals

So God didn't want us to have a conscious, but the Serpent bestowed upon us (vicariously) moral virtue at birth?
    God created man free of sin....
    death is now the punishment.....but with the gift of a conscience for a guide.......and a spiritual connection to Him....

Originally Posted by pbc2003 View Post
    my wife has a prettier face

death is now the punishment.....but with the gift of a conscience for a guide.......and a spiritual connection to Him....
    Is walking around naked a sin, or only in places where man has deemed it morally objectionable?
    How about consumption of alcohol (which Jesus did?)

(It feels like I'm playing the role of serpent here...ugh)

Physical aging leads to death. Are you saying that if Adam and Eve had resisted temptation then they would have not aged physically and would have lived forever?

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Physical aging leads to death. Are you saying that if Adam and Eve had resisted temptation then they would have not aged physically and would have lived forever?
    that is correct

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    That is what he believes...he ascribes to the notion that Adam and Eve wandered about for centuries fathering all of humanity and then were damned after eating the fruit.

Is walking around naked a sin, or only in places where man has deemed it morally objectionable?
    How about consumption of alcohol (which Jesus did?)

(It feels like I'm playing the role of serpent here...ugh)
    walking around naked/drinking alcohol are not sins....
    lustful thoughts/drunkenness are sins...

That is what he believes...he ascribes to the notion that Adam and Eve wandered about for centuries fathering all of humanity and then were damned after eating the fruit.
    you've got that backwards

walking around naked/drinking alcohol are not sins....
    lustful thoughts/drunkenness are sins...
    Why communion with g**** juice, then? Not gonna get drunk from a few mls of wine.

you've got that backwards
    Why did God postpone the wages of sin for centuries while Adam and Eve populated the world?

Why communion with g**** juice, then? Not gonna get drunk from a few mls of wine.
    should an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in 5 years drink a shot of wine?

should an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in 5 years drink a shot of wine?
    Why not? He has a the gift of a conscious and free will.

Why did God postpone the wages of sin for centuries while Adam and Eve populated the world?
    you should prolly find a good book to help you answer all your questions....

Why not? He has a the gift of a conscious and free will.
    http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...l=1#post991711

Also, that particular change in worship came long before a scientific understanding of chemical dependence.

There is no need to play like it was done for reasons other than the moral ambiguity of alcohol especially in Post-colonial America.

Also, that particular change in worship came long before a scientific understanding of chemical dependence.

There is no need to play like it was done for reasons other than the moral ambiguity of alcohol especially in Post-colonial America.
    well....science can be a little slow to catch up

well....science can be a little slow to catch up
    Or he other way around...like when we were damning alcoholics to commune with God for a couple of centuries.

Oh man. I thought you were one of the good ones. Turns out you're an idiot.

I feel so alone in the world! I AM AN ISLAND.