Harsin to Arkansas State

Posted 646 day(s) ago 2352 Views 38 Replies

Fuck Texas Harsin to Arkansas State

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ate-red-wolves

I know this is being discussed in the coaching thread, but it deserves its own as much as Monken, especially for people just cruising through who might not notice.

Somebody from here should apply for the Texas OC job.

James Guest
    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ate-red-wolves

I know this is being discussed in the coaching thread, but it deserves its own as much as Monken, especially for people just cruising through who might not notice.

Somebody from here should apply for the Texas OC job.
    I heard a rumor that Mack may bring Greg Davis back.

And by rumor, I mean I'm just pulling that out of my ass.

To be fair, Greg Davis has defeated OU 6 times. Harsin's total is 0. **** it.

James Guest
    Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    So you'll be happy if Greg Davis came back, even for one year to be co-oc?

He never really had the chance to pull the hook and lateral/ladder/whatever the **** it is on OU. And went 0-3 against us as a texas coach. Hook on that texas.

I was never impressed about anything he brought to their offense. To be fair, it probably wasn't entirely his fault. The guys taking snaps were Gilbert, Ash and McCoy. Mack probably hamstrung his play calling as well.

It really says something about the state of their program that he is bolting for Arky State after only two years.

Originally Posted by thurman murman View Post
    I was never impressed about anything he brought to their offense. To be fair, it probably wasn't entirely his fault. The guys taking snaps were Gilbert, Ash and McCoy. Mack probably hamstrung his play calling as well.

It really says something about the state of their program that he is bolting for Arky State after only two years.
    This.

I wish he had stayed even though this is embarrassing for UT. If Mack pulls a winning name out of his hat this time and finds a guy who can recognize the difference between David Ash and Trevor Knight we might actually have to game plan for all 4 quarters in Dallas next season.

Harsin to Arkansas State

I'll miss his drive killing double reverses getting blown up 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage....

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    I'll miss his drive killing double reverses getting blown up 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage....
    That was a very prissy block that Case tried to throw last year on that play. Brought back fond memories of Miss Chrissy.

I loved it when he ran a fake statue of liberty play against TCU. What is the thought process behind calling a fake Statue of Liberty play? Did he expect that TCU was going to expect the fake play so he faked the fake play?
    The following users like this post: AcousticSoup

Harsin to Arkansas State

Major Applewhite to OC?

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Major Applewhite to OC?
    This is what will probably happen lolololol

Major Applewhite to OC?
    ‏@LonghornNetwork
    With Harsin taking ASU job, Major Applewhite will be play-calling OC, and Darrell Wyatt is promoted to co-offensive coordinator.

‏@LonghornNetwork
    Applewhite will call plays and coach QBs and UT will look to hire a RB coach.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

Major Applewhite to OC?
    Yes, he'll start having success, and then Mack will abruptly and inexplicably allow a new GA to start calling plays.
    2 users like OUMallen's post: meandmybutt, Mississippi Sooner

And guided Texas to its only shutout in 32 years. I can't recall...who did they play that day?
    Last edited by RockFlagandEagle; December 12th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

3 users like Cthulhu's post: lobster999, Morningwood, SoonerMinister

I'm suprised Harsin's stock was high enough to get a head coaching gig after his embarassing run with the Horns. They really thought they'd brought in the OU killer with that hire.

Harsin sucks as an OC which was good for OU. He was smart enough to get out of a dysfunctional program.

Applewhite could get the horns offense moving and maybe even recruit a decent QB. Fortunately for OU Brown won't give him 100% control and will interfere with him enough to screw things up.

Harsin to Arkansas State

Looks like Applewhite is the man.

“@schadjoe: As co-offensive coordinator w Darrell Wyatt, Major Applewhite will now call plays and coach quarterbacks at Texas.”

Wonder how many Mormons there are in Jonesboro?

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by ArmySooner View Post
    I loved it when he ran a fake statue of liberty play against TCU. What is the thought process behind calling a fake Statue of Liberty play? Did he expect that TCU was going to expect the fake play so he faked the fake play?
    lol missed it. i need to see a replay of this

Originally Posted by OU Sam View Post
    Harsin sucks as an OC which was good for OU. He was smart enough to get out of a dysfunctional program.

Applewhite could get the horns offense moving and maybe even recruit a decent QB. Fortunately for OU Brown won't give him 100% control and will interfere with him enough to screw things up.
    Big question is what will Texas do with MA once Brown is gone?

Harsin to Arkansas State

Originally Posted by ArmySooner View Post
    This is why I will miss him...

Watching Texas's offense was so frustrating from a football nerd standpoint, because it seemed like he did everything in his power to kill the momentum.

He rotated running backs constantly, they were always in a huddle, they ran a different formation every play it seemed like, personnel always changed, 7 or 8 trick plays a game.

That being said, I will miss him at Texas.

Originally Posted by James View Post
    So you'll be happy if Greg Davis came back, even for one year to be co-oc?
    Sarcasm.

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Yes, he'll start having success, and then Mack will abruptly and inexplicably allow a new GA to start calling plays.
    That is just too ****ing funny. Post of the day.

The "White Witch" is dead. LOL. He was such an offensive wizard...not.

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    I'm suprised Harsin's stock was high enough to get a head coaching gig after his embarassing run with the Horns. They really thought they'd brought in the OU killer with that hire.
    Remember what they were saying about Manny Diaz? Delusion.

Harsin...meh. Applewhite will likely be a better OC/play caller than Harsin. And texas still has the brilliant Manny _iaz.

Good stuff from barkingcarnival.com writer "Scipio Tex" about Harsin's departure and the state of Longhorn football:

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2012/...s-or-fleeing-a

Originally Posted by thurman murman View Post
    Good stuff from barkingcarnival.com writer "Scipio Tex" about Harsin's departure and the state of Longhorn football:

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2012/...s-or-fleeing-a
    Damn...thats some hard core stuff.

Harsin to Arkansas State

God damn. That was hard to read even as a Sooner.

Read shaggy's reaction to that story:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...-Tex-on-Harsin

This was in the comments.
    something you missed Scipio

Great article as usual, but I want to share something that also contributed to Harsin’s departure…. Mack’s adolescent, condescending and disrespectful treatment of his assistants after any loss.

I spent an evening fishing off my dock on the Coast about 5 years ago with an offensive coordinator who is now a very hot, young head coach. He grew up in a coaching family and has been in that world since he was a toddler. That evening (after telling him I was a college football junkie) we talked about his many friends in the coaching community including several on Texas’ staff at the time.
    He made it clear that a tight network exists within the assistant coaching community and many know each other and enjoy each others company when they can. He also said they often share their opinions pretty openly about their respective bosses. The bottom line is he told me there is a completely ignorant misconception by many in the the public about Mack Brown and Bob Stoops. The view that Stoops is a hothead, **** and must be hell to work for is completely wrongheaded. And the view that Brown is a gentle grandfather who is super easy going with his assistants is also founded in ignorance. In reality it is the complete opposite. Stoops is deeply admired and respected in the assistant coaching community because he identifies himself as a coach, is involved in the smallest details of coaching and appreciates the difficulties, bad bounces and complexity of his assistants jobs and always has their back. Mack is known on the other hand to be a hell of a nice guy if things are ok, but can be embarrassingly petulant, unpredictable and an **** after a loss. He is known to go off the deep end into unprofessional behavior and engage in personal dress -downs to the point of belittlement. Because he delegates everything he takes no personal responsibility for a loss with his staff even if he says the opposite in public. (My opinion….Saban on the other hand, is also an **** with his staff at times, but is still respected because he knows his assistant’s jobs better than they do).

Harsin was nurtured by a head coach who was first and foremost another coach much like Stoops. In the end he had very little respect for Mack’s coaching acumen and was disgusted by his behavior and CEO nonsense .

by paleohorn on Dec 12, 2012 9:41 PM CST reply 4 recs

Looks like Applewhite is the man.

“@schadjoe: As co-offensive coordinator w Darrell Wyatt, Major Applewhite will now call plays and coach quarterbacks at Texas.”
    Wyatt coached under Stoops for 5 years.

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    This was in the comments.
    I think this is accurate. I recall that whenever OU has a staff opening, Stoops gets over a hundred resumes minimum. People want to work for him.

OTOH, when Mack sacked his assistants and Muschamp leflt for Florida, they had to go well down their list of choices and hugely overpay for their new coordinators and assistants.

Originally Posted by 55-17beatdown2011 View Post
    God damn. That was hard to read even as a Sooner.
    That ****er thinks he's Sigmund Frued. Bottom line is that Texas' football players aren't good enough right now. They are so desperate to blame it on everything but that single reality it is to the point of absurdity.

They are so convinced that Mack Brown is the sole problem that they can't understand that Alex Okafor and Jeffcoat, despite their stars and hype aren't as good as Brian Orakpo or Cory Redding were. They can't understand that Malcolm Brown, Gray and Bergeron are not going to morph inot Ricky Williams even with a line that isn't atrocious.

Texas has good enough players to be an 8-5 type team. If they had a couple more playmakers they could be about what OU was this year, but after a bunch of teams where some of the players lived up to the Texas recruit hype he has a buch of guys right now that flat aren't that good.

They've changed coaches, conditioning coaches etc. and the product is still about the same.

Surely we'll have an MS Paint masterpiece from soon, right?

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Surely we'll have an MS Paint masterpiece from soon, right?
    I don't know about that, they just might be too depressed for Paint. They're no longer melting down, just a sad little puddle.

Jax Ship

If we lose we don't get to have a Longhorn party.